A Cat's Love [X Reader]

By Cute_And_Sweet_Candy

In a world where cat people are something that you can buy with large amount of money, everyone considered (Y... More

Chapter One : Humiliation
Chapter Two : Toy
Chapter Three : Cruelty
Chapter Four : Betrayal
Chapter Five : Pain
Chapter Six : Pinky Promise
Chapter Seven : Care
Chapter Eight : Friends
Chapter Nine : Happiness
Chapter Ten : Comfort
Chapter Eleven : Understanding
Chapter Twelve : Wish Granted
Chapter Thirteen : Misery's End
Chapter Fourteen : New Beginning
Chapter Sixteen : New Friend
Chapter Seventeen : Suspicious Feelings
Chapter Eighteen : Helping Hands
Chapter Nineteen : The Responsible One's Mistake
Chapter Twenty : Jobs
Chapter Twenty One : Family
Chapter Twenty Two : A Trip
Chapter Twenty Three : A Fun Day
Chapter Twenty Four : The Ability To Change
Chapter Twenty Five : A Secret
Chapter Twenty Six : A Cat's Lie
Chapter Twenty Seven : A Simple Headache
Chapter Twenty Eight : Unwanted Memory

Chapter Fifteen : Unexpected

6.4K 203 110
By Cute_And_Sweet_Candy

~Chapter Fifteen : Unexpected~
~Start~

**********

"It's nice to meet all of you." (Y/N) bowed infront of the class as they stared at her as if she's some kind of art in a museum. She noticed this kind of stare but honestly, she was used to this so it doesn't bother her anymore. Instead, (Y/N) gave everyone a kind smile. "I'm (L/N) (Y/N), sixteen years old."

(Y/N) turned to the red haired beside her who was obviously uncomfortable with the students' look and gave him a slight nudge. Haruki turned to look at his master and tilted his head. It didn't take long for a slight blush to appear in his cheeks after understanding her look but it disappeared just as fast as it appeared. Haruki turned his looks back to the whole class.

"My name is Shizuka Haruki...I'm sixteen years old as well and um..." Haruki placed his hand on his chin as he tried to think of another fact about himself but can't bring up anything. Embarrassed for the unnecessary pause he made, he bowed politely with a slight blush on his face before tilting his head on the side. "...And nice to meet you...?"

There was only one thing on the minds of the people present inside the classroom.

"H-He's adorable...!"

(Y/N) smiled at Haruki and gave him a thumbs up as a 'good job' sign. The red haired blushed but smiled back and gave a shy thumbs up in return.

The teacher infront of the whole class, faked a cough. "W-Well, thank you for introducing yourself." She said. "Since I know the strong relationship between a cat person and their master, I would let you two sit next to each other in there."

She pointed to the second to the last seat on the back. There were two empty seats, one beside the window and one beside the seat. It was almost as if everyone prepared for their arrival.

Hearing the teacher's statement made Haruki happy. Because of his personality, Haruki knew better than anyone else that he wouldn't be able to focus knowing he's in a seat where everyone is a stranger to him and his master, the only one he can feel comfortable with, is not by his side. So, hearing the teacher's statement really calmed him down and smiled.

The two thanked the teacher and bowed before going to their respective seats.

**********

The first period went on normally like any other school (Y/N) has been to. Like any first days, everyone had the chance to introduce themselves and learn little things about each and one of them. It was kinda suprising when just after the introductions, their teacher ordered everyone to take out their text books with a smile and began her lesson. It felt like time had slowed down when it was lesson time and it was probably because (Y/N) was not expecting instant knowledge to be shoved inside her head at the very first day of school. But deciding to be a good student and wanting to make a good impression to both teachers and students, she decided to take notes and study them later in case she forgot.

For about twenty five minutes of listening and writing notes, (Y/N) yawned but shook her head. She took a slight glance at the cat boy beside her and smiled on his focused face as he, too, wrote notes. (Y/N) decided to let him be and continue to write whatever knowledge she feels is important. Letting out a little sound as she realised she spelled an easy word wrong, she embarrasingly turned and open her pencil case in which her eraser was located. (Y/N) touched but somehow to slip off her fingers and landing on the ground, near Haruki's bag.

Sighing at her mistake, (Y/N) bend down and get the eraser, however, a certain thing inside Haruki's bag caught her eye. She widened her eyes as she saw the red haired's precious doll stuffed inside his bag, as if Haruki placed the doll in the bag in hurry. "W-Why did he bring his doll in school...!?" (Y/N) thought. "If someone gets this from him, he'll...!"

"(L/N)-san? Is there any problem there?" The teacher looked up from her book.

Quickly, (Y/N) sat properly and smiled nervously. She scratched the back of her head and showed her the eraser she dropped. "Nothing, teacher...I just dropped my eraser and I went to get it, haha..." She said but somehow sounds very suspicious even though she didn't lie.

The teacher raised her eyebrow and averted her eyes on her. "I see, then, let's continue lesson." She said and she certainly did.

(Y/N) looked at Haruki one last time and caught him staring back. He blushed and turned away, somehow he looked quite nervous. (Y/N) probably knows why now.

**********

After several minutes of studying, the bell finally rung and the teacher dismissed the class, saying that it's already lunchtime. Everyone stood up as soon as the teacher left the classroom.

(Y/N) stood up and turned to Haruki, who stood up as well. She gave him the look which made the red haired tense and tried averting his eyes from her. "Haruki." (Y/N) said.

Haruki flinched and laughed nervously. "Y-Yes, Master?" He asked with a twitching smile in his face, as if he already knows what his master is going to talk about.

"Why did you bring your doll in school?" (Y/N) said, crossing her arms over her chest. "You're a highschooler now, you know? You can't bring toys in school like you do back then."

Haruki fidgetted and looked down. "...I'm sorry. I just couldn't leave it at home...It makes me worried, somehow..." He said.

"Hm? Worried? Why would you? Does it speak to you when you're alone and that you're worried about it being lonely or something?" (Y/N) asked, raising and eyebrow but then, cringed when she realised how creepy that statement was. "Uwaah...I hope that's not it..."

Haruki blinked, not expecting that kind of guess. He then chuckled and looked at (Y/N). "No, silly Master...It's just that..." Haruki turned to look at the side and played with his bangs. "...Remember the things you said to me when you bought this doll for me? That whenever I'm scared...Just hug the doll and it'll be fine?"

(Y/N) blinked. "Yeah, I kinda do..." Her current state earned her another gentle chuckle from the cat boy. She raised an eyebrow wondering what's funny. "H-Hey, stop laughing...I'm getting a little embarrassed here..."

"Sorry..." Haruki smiled as he tried to cease his laughter. "Anyways, I guess the doll became like a protective charm for me..." He explained. "I don't need to hug it now that I'm all grown up...All I need now is to see it and it calms me down. That's why, I feel worried whenever it's not around me."

(Y/N) hummed as she understand his situation and scratched the back of her head. "...I understand that kind of reason but if someone get that from you, It'll be even worse, you kn-" She cut herself off when Haruki gave her the look in his eyes that was practically pleading for her grant his request. (Y/N) blushed slightly and her right eye twitched before she sighed in defeat. "...Fine, just be careful not to show it to other people, alright? You can get teased for having that."

Haruki smiled widely and suddenly hugged her arm in delight. "Thank you very much, Master!" He said as he slowly detached himself from her.

(Y/N) smiled and pat his head before turning towards the exit. "Alright, let's go find the others..." She said as the two of them was about to head out.

"...Hey, about that new girl, (Y/N), was her name? The one who has a cute cat boy? Should we eat lunch with her?" A girl gave an audible whisper to her friend. "Don't you think she's nice?"

(Y/N) stopped in her tracks and tried to listen in their conversation. Though, she knows it's not her business, she was pretty sure she heard her name right there. "Idiot! Have you even seen her in the school entrance earlier!?" The girl with her hair tied in a messy ponytail whispered/yelled at her. "She doesn't just have one cat boy, you know! She has freaking five of them! Five! She's filthy rich!"

"Eeeh? Wow, that's a lot..." The girl earlier said. "...That's kinda intimidating for me...I don't like rich people that much...I don't understand them..."

"Yeah, me too!" They both agreed to their conclusion and moved on to another topic.

(Y/N) sighed and looked down as she pouted. "But I'm not rich..." She thought, feeling quite depressed. "I gotta tell them that later..."

Seeing his master's state, Haruki gently hold (Y/N)'s hands and began walking. "Let's go, Master." He said, smiling at her kindly.

"Ah, yeah. Let's go." (Y/N) said, smiling back and walking with him, hand in hand.

**********

"Now, where are they..." (Y/N) mumbled to herself, looking around as they entered the cafeteria.

Haruki sniffed the air and looked to the side and sweatdropped. "Master, I can smell their scent there..." He said as he pointed to it.

(Y/N) turned around and sweatdropped as well. There were a bunch of girls in one specific area in the cafeteria and it looks like they were delighted to see something in the middle. (Y/N) and Haruki looked at each other with a face that says they don't want to get involve in that but sighed as they have no choice. "Well, let's go save them." (Y/N) said as they slowly walked over towards the crowd.

(Y/N) and Haruki squeezed through the crowd, finding a way to the center of the crowd. "Excuse me...Pardon me..." Both of them repeated over and over again but no one seems to mind them. Finally, (Y/N) reached the middle and saw the four cat boys with annoyed looking faces. "H-Hey..."

Their cat ears twitched at the familiar voice and looked where (Y/N) was. They immediatly brightened up and everyone slowly shut their mouths, knowing the master of the cat boys they were bothering was here. Natsuki helped (Y/N) and Haruki get out cramped space. "Took you guys long enough...We were about to die here!" Natsuki whispered/yelled.

(Y/N) smiled apologetically at him. "Sorry, something came up in class..." She said, scratching the back of her head.

"That's their master? What? No appeal at all!" One girl in the crowd can be heard whispering to her friends. "She doesn't look like a rich person to me! That's kinda suspicious..."

(Y/N) sweatdropped and tried to ignore the whisper and ask everyone to leave but the cat boys' ears twitched. Fuyuko paused his game and glared at everyone and glared at the girl who whispered those sentence along with Natsuki, Akito, and Chikage.

"Hah!? You have a problem with my Master!?" Chikage snapped at the girl, who flinched in fear. "How about you go look at your ugly self and say that again, huh!? You damn bi-"

"Whoa! Chikage! That's enough, that's enough!" (Y/N) said as she covered the black haired boy's mouth. She apologetically smiled at the girl who basically began trembling in fear. "I'm sorry about that...Cat people are not in their right mind when they're hungry..."

"So, can you please all leave for a moment? We would like to eat lunch in peace." (Y/N) requested and waited for them to move. Soon, they did and slowly move back to where they were seated in the first place. (Y/N) sighed and turned to the empty table near them with the cat boys following her lead. "Rescue complete, I guess?"

"Master~! Why didn't you let me teach that girl a lesson!?" Chikage whined as all of them went to sit on their respective seats. The black haired tugged at his hair, slightly pulling his hair in frustration. "That girl could be a potential bully! I need to do something about her before things get messy..."

Chikage said so as the atmosphere around him got heavy all of a sudden, which bothered the people sitting next to him. Which was (Y/N) and Haruki. "...No need to say that like you're going to murder that girl tomorrow or something..." (Y/N) said, sweatdropping while the others agreed. "Besides, if you insulted that girl with that foul mouth of yours, it will create a bad impression of you. On the first day."

"You never know, your attitude may even cause you to get in trouble with the school teachers." (Y/N) scolded the black haired cat boy like a responsible older sibling. "That's why, please be nice to everyone and not just us, okay?"

Chikage blinked and his face slowly turned into a guilty expression. His cat ears went down and looking gloomy. "Master thinks I have a foul mouth...?" Chikage said, his voice was getting more and more depressed. But he shook his head and his cat ears went back up, determined as his face looks. "...No, I understand! I'll try to be n-nice to others! I won't let Master keep thinking I'm a foul mouthed cat!"

(Y/N) couldn't help but smile and sweatdropped. "It's kinda suspicious when you stuttered in the word 'nice' but good luck, I guess?" She said as she pat his head, which made him happy, of course.

Then, Akito rested his head on his palm. "...So? Where's your lunch?" He asked as he took out an out his own lunch. "I brought mine."

"Ah." Everyone said.

A vein grew in Akito's head as everyone began to laugh nervously. "Sorry, Akito~! Guess we rushed too much and our minds forgot about it, hehehe..." (Y/N) said, scratching the back of her head while everyone did the same, except for Fuyuko who was currently still playing a game on his gaming console.

Seeing Akito was not pleased, (Y/N) faked a cough and was about to stand up from her seat. "Alright, alright...I'm sorry, I'll go buy something from the school cafeteria..." She said but was stopped by Akito, himself.

"No need. Here." Akito said as he took out a bunch of lunch boxes from his bag. All was neatly wrapped in a sheet with their specific color. Everyone looked amazed that even Fuyuko looked up from his game while Akito with a tiny blush on his face, looked at his own lunch and began unwrapping his food. "I had a feeling you guys are going to be idiots and forget your lunch that was obviously placed in the table, so I brought many lunch boxes just to be sure."

"Uwah~! You're awesome, Akito!" Natsuki complimented and got the lunch wrapped in orange sheets. He then gave him a thumbs up. "As expected of our Mom!"

"Yep, Akito sure makes a good mom~!" Chikage laughed as he got the lunch wrapped in black sheets.

"Mama Akito." Fuyuko said as he got the lunch wrapped in white sheets using one hand while the other was still pressing the buttons of his game.

Haruki giggled. "Mama Akito..." He muttered, making sure Akito didn't hear him, as he gently got the lunch wrapped in red sheets.

(Y/N) didn't say anything but she was actually dying of laughter on the inside. She didn't want to fuel the fire around Akito for now as it would cause deadly consequences for sure. (Y/N) got the last lunch that was wrapped in (F/C) sheets, her favorite color.

Everyone then shut their mouth when they felt Akito's aura and got nervous. "I suggest you stop what you're all saying now, unless you guys want to go to your next class with an empty stomach." Akito threatened which was enough to make everybody nod in fear of the orange haired beast taking their food away from them.

**********

"Oh, yeah, that reminds me, how was your time in your class?" (Y/N) asked, smiling as she looked at Haruki who smiled back. "Me and Haruki went fine in our side. Everyone was nice."

Chikage, and Akito began to cringe as if they just remembered something bad. Natsuki, however, nervously laughed. "Um, it went nice on me too, but..." He said as his eye twitched and cringed. "...The amount of attention I got was a little...Too much."

Everyone sweatdropped and (Y/N)'s smile twitched after hearing that. It kinda makes her feel guilty about asking but she's still going to ask anyway. "How about you three?" She asked, referring to Chikage, Fuyuko, and Akito.

None of them answered and looked as if they don't want to talk about it. (Y/N) understood the look and just assumed that they had a very bad time in their class. However, a monotone voice was heard. "Just as soon as we introduced ourselves, we got attacked by millions of questions. There are some questions that they found quite disturbing and so, these two refused to talk about it." Everyone turned to the white haired cat boy who was still intensily playing his game as he talks. "One girl requested if she could touch Akito's tail because she said orange is her favorite color and as the class started we- Oh, damn, I got hit..."

Everyone sweadrops when Fuyuko completely shut his mouth to bring more focus in playing his game. Akito then took the game console from his hands and move far away from his reach. Fuyuko blinked for a moment and turned to Akito. "Give it back..." He said as he lazily tried to get it back but Akito just kept dodging his hands as he eat.

"No. We're eating right now and I suggest you eat." Akito said as he looked at Fuyuko with a calm face but somehow it made Fuyuko stop trying to get the game console from him. "I don't want you complaining to me about your grumbling stomach later."

Fuyuko blinked before puffing his cheeks, suggesting that he was upset, but the expression on his eyes never changes. The white haired then turned to (Y/N) who was peacefully eating her food, but stopped when Fuyuko looked at her. "Master...Akito is bullying me..." He said with a lazy voice, somehow attempting to be cute.

"I'm not! And that kind of face doesn't work with you at al-" Akito cut himself off when he turned to look at (Y/N) who was blushing at Fuyuko's cuteness that only she can see. "Master! Stop blushing!"

Akito glared at his master with a tint of jealousy in his eyes that he tries so hard to hide. (Y/N), however, scratched the back of her head and laughed. "Sorry, sorry...But Fuyuko's really cute, that's why." She said as she pat Fuyuko's hair who looks satisfied with her actions. "Sorry, Fuyuko but Akito's right, you know? You should eat first before gaming."

Fuyuko gave her his emotionless pouted but turned back to his usual look and sat properly. "If Master says so, I'll do it." He replied and began eating his lunch, in which (Y/N) smiled proudly at.

Akito puffed his cheeks. "Tch...How can someone as emotionless as him be considered as cute?" He said as he placed a piece of chicken in his mouth and chewed on it before swallowing. Akito closed his eyes and his tail swings left and right behind him as a tint of pink was appearing on his cheeks. "Really...Master doesn't know how to tell the difference between what's cute and what's not."

(Y/N) then turned to the orange haired with a teasing smirk. "You don't have to worry, Akito, you're cute too~" She said, causing the orange haired to choke on his food.

Akito quickly drank the water and turned to (Y/N). "I-I never said I'm the one who's cute! Stop saying nonsense, Master! Geez..." He said as his face was flushing red so he burried his face in his arms, trying to calm down. "D-D-Don't say that so casually too..."

(Y/N) laughed and soon, everyone was back on their original selves again, laughing and talking. However, as much as they were having fun, the bell rung, signalling that lunch break was over. Thankfully, everyone finished their lunches already but the cat boys except Haruki looks disappointed.

"Aw~ Another boring hours without Master..." Chikage grumbled as he and everyone stood up and fixed their lunch boxes.

"Welp, can't be helped~" Natsuki sighed but straightened as everyone walked away from the cafeteria and into the hallway of the school.

They all bid their goodbyes for now and went on their seperate class. However, they did promised to meet up after school infront of the school gates.

**********

School was finally over and it went unsuprisingly fast as it was just the first day of school. They mostly did nothing but introducing themselves with some teachers starting their lesson just as soon as everyone was finishedz. Before everyone knew it, it was time for the students to go home and currently, (Y/N) was walking towards the school gates with Haruki by her side. Soon, the four cat boys where already in their sight.

When (Y/N) was close enough Chikage immediatly gave her a quick hug while she pat his head. The black haired looks satisfied as a blush appeared in his cheeks. "Sorry, did you guys wait long?" (Y/N) asked them.

"Nope~! We just got here!" Natsuki cheerfully said as all of them began walking towards home. They were all talking and laughing about the things that happened in their own class time. Soon, they saw their house but was suprised when they saw a car parked just outside the house. Looking closer, (Y/N)'s parents can be seen, seemingly waiting for them to arrive.

"Mom and dad? They're pretty early...I wonder what's up?" (Y/N) said as they all broke into a run towards the two adults.

(Y/N)'s parents quickly took notice of their child and cat boy's presence and gave them a warm smile. "Ah! Welcome back, dearest daughter! How's school?" Her mother cheerfully said as she smiled, sweetly.

Now, with that expression just now, (Y/N) couldn't help but to feel suspicious of her actions. I mean, the smile was a little too sweet if you ask (Y/N). "We're home...And school went fine..." (Y/N) suspiciously said to her overly sweet parents. "So, did something happen in work? You two are quite early."

"Oh, goodness, no! Work went fine!" Her mother said, smiling.

(Y/N) looked at the cat boys around her to see them looking suspicious as well. So, that just confirms that she's not the only one who's suspicious and turned back to look at her parents. However, something inside the car caught her eye. It was a bunch of suit cases.

"...Where are you going, dearest parents?" (Y/N) asked, not taking her eyes off the suit cases.

Her parents flinched before they looked at each other and sighed. "(Y/N), sweetie, you see, something did happen in work...But don't worry, it's not a bad thing!" Her father said. "It's just that your mom and I was invited for a meeting in another country. So we'll be out for quite a while."

(Y/N) and the cat boys looked suprised about the news. But seeing their faces, the two adults looked as if they expected this kind of reaction. "I know, I know, it's suprising! But hey! You don't need to worry about the bills and stuff of the house since we'll still be paying for those! Also, we'll send you money every week, okay?" Her mother said as she playfully stuck out her tounge, making everyone sweatdrop. "All you need to do is to take care of yourselves! Besides, (Y/N), you have these wonderful cat boys to be with you so you won't be lonely~!"

(Y/N) was speechless as it will took quite a while for her brain to get the whole situation. Before she knew it, her parents stuffed the last suit case inside the car and smiled at her. "Well, since we already told you the news, it's best if we get going, cause you know? Being late sucks~!" (Y/N)'s mother said, like a teenager before turning her look to the cat boys. "...Please take care of my (Y/N) for me, okay? Thank you very much."

The cat boys flinched as they realised that she was now talking to them. They all smiled and nodded. "You can count on us, Mrs. (L/N)." Akito said while others nodded in agreement. "We won't let anything bad happen to Master."

(Y/N) turned to them and wondered how they can easily take all of this but seeing her parents and the cat boys' expression, she decided to shrug and sighed. "Oh, well...It's not like I can do anything about it, anyway..." (Y/N) said as she smiled at her parents. "Have a safe trip, I guess?"

Her parents looked happy and they each gave her a kiss in the cheek. "Thanks for understanding, (Y/N)." Her father said, smiling with her mother.

"Well~! We're going~! Bye, kids! We'll be back in a few months!" (Y/N)'s mother said as the two of them got in the car, waving.

(Y/N) and the cat boys waved as well and soon, the car drove away, leaving them on their own.

**********
~End~
**********
A/N :

Hello~! Nice to see you again! I'm back with another chapter! I just got a break on my work and I decided to write as fast as I can! To be truly honest, I did get another break last week but I didn't write anything that time because I was focusing on drawing. (*'ー`*)

I heard that if you don't practice your talent, it'll disappear, or something. That's why, I was worried and spended my last week drawing instead of writing. ('ω') So, sorry about the LONG wait.

I'm also going back to Philippines in June 18. BY MYSELF ((((;゚Д))))))) I'm quite nervous as I have bad, and I meant BAD sense of direction! I get lost easily! I mean, I can barely tell my left and right! (^)

Anyway, pray for Candy so that she doesn't end up in Italy or something. (Though, I would want to visit Italy someday. But not now! ('ω') )

**********
~ Character Information #2 ~

* I am dissatisfied with this drawing and I plan to redraw it...Someday. But atleast now, you can see what Fuyuko really looks like without Killua popping into your mind everytime Fuyuko appears. (><)

Hiiragi Fuyuko

Hair Color : White

Cat Tail/Ears Color : White

Eye Color : Blue

Age : 16

Height : 178 cm

Blood Type : B

Likes : Games, Anime, and Manga

Dislikes : Hurting Others

Hobby : Gaming and Sleeping

Specialty : Playing Musical Instruments

**********

**Please Wait Patiently For The Next Chapter, Nya~**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

734 7 13
โš ๏ธI DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERSโš ๏ธ Aight since that is out of the way.... Y/N is a girl who loved her sister and always so cheery and happy, but...
131K 5.1K 36
โฅ๏ธŽ ษช แด„แด€ษด'แด› สŸแด‡แด› สแดแดœ ษขแด yandere! roommates x reader โ€โ€ขยฐโ€ขโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•เฎ“เน‘โ™กเน‘เฎ“โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ€ขยฐโ€ขโ€ When (Y/N) moves in with five strangers, things start out surprisingly well...
9.2K 198 53
Y/N is a just trying to find something new. After escaping an abusive relationship she decides to go to New Orleans. She loves the scenery and the di...
154K 6.8K 52
Jessica, a rich woman in her late twenties unexpectedly ended up in a Beast world. But luckily she met some young beastmen who somehow turned her lif...