Dear No One (Wattys2017) (UND...

By ChasingMadness24

"Dear No One, I have a secret, but I'm not sure anyone can handle hearing it. Can you help?" *** Kasey Black... More

AN/COPYRIGHT
Cast
Trailer!!
Prologue
Dear No One, In Blogheads We Trust
Dear No One, The Technical Term For That Is
Dear No One, High School Parties Suck
Dear No One, It's Just Another Blog In A Stall
Dear No One, How Long 'Til He's Gone?
Dear No One, Drive Ins Are Making A Comback
Dear No One, Is That Even Legal?
Dear No One, Can The Ground Swallow Me Yet?
Dear No One, What Happens Now?
Dear No One, I've Got Thirty Bucks That Says This Won't End Well
Dear No One, I Can't
Dear No One, The Fault Is In Our Hearts
Dear No One, How Long Will It Last?
Dear No One, Is That All It Takes?
Dear No One, He's Not So Bad
Dear No One, Here We Go Again
Dear No One, Can You Keep A Secret?
Dear No One, Is It Beauty That's Truly the Beast?
Dear No One, Why Does It Always End This Way?
Dear No One, He's One Of A Kind
Dear No One, What Are The Odds
Dear No One, How Do I Hit The Ground Running
Dear No One, The Stars Are Nothing Without You
Dear No One, I'm Not Okay
Dear No One, Campfire Songs Will Be The End of Me
Dear No One, Is This The Truth About Forever?
Dear No One, If I Give In, Does It Mean I'm Giving Up
Dear No One, I'll Give Love A Second Chance
Dear No One, Rumors Come and Go, But Lies Are Forever
Dear No One, I Don't Want To Be
Dear No One, Hold Me Closer
Dear No One, Will I See You In This Life and The Next?
Dear No One, Is There Anybody Out There?
Epilogue

A Nerd Convention, Dear No One

2.5K 199 43
By ChasingMadness24

"You're going to a dork convention. Why are you so worried about what to wear?"

Kevin's voice echoed through my quiet room, giving me more time than I liked to think about what he said.

I set the second outfit I had laid out back in the closet and sighed, rubbing my cheeks with the heels of my hands.

"I don't know. I. . . I. . . it's Cain." I finally mumbled, throwing myself on to my bed. Kevin smiled a little, shaking his head.

"So? He's just another guy, Kasey." He moved toward me, "And come on, if he's taking you to a dork convention, he obviously doesn't care how you're dressed. He likes you for you." I nodded, sighing again as I ran my hand along the t-shirt beside me, my eyes meeting my older brother's.

"I know. I. . . it's been a long time since I've been on a date, Kevin. I barley even remember what I'm supposed to do. And. . . and Steph was always here for me." I shook my head to myself, wiping my sweaty palms on my sweatpants.

"Follow your own advice, sis." Kevin crouched down in front of me, "Be yourself. Cain knows the Kaser I do, that nobody else does. He knows the you that's perfect, smart, and beautiful. And if he thinks he can hurt you, I'll kill him." He said it so nonchalantly and playful that I almost thought he was joking. The warning look in his eyes assured me it was far from a joke.

"Thanks." I leaned forward and hugged my older brother, feeling a slight tug on my heart.

Kevin hadn't ever really been here to give me pep-talks. We hadn't ever been close when were kids. It had always been Tommy that supported me, that was always there when I needed him. It was as if, once he. . . died, that Kevin had stepped up and taken his place.

"Sure. Just make sure you don't get too many of those nerds excited." He nudged me playfully before walking out of the room, shaking his head in amusement to himself.

*

"Why is he dressed as Captain America?" I whispered, leaning against Cain. He raised an eyebrow in my direction, a hint of a smirk playing on his lips.

"It's a Comic-Con, Kasey." he was laughing at me, his amused eyes roaming my face as warmth spread through my cheeks.

"Sorry, I've never been to one of these things." I muttered, embarrassed. He tightened his grip around my waist and shook his head as we passed through another large crowd of people in front of a vendor.

"I feel so under dressed." I joked after a few minutes of silence. He gestured toward the Batman shirt he was wearing.

"You're not, don't worry. Everybody else is just overdressed." I nodded, glancing up in surprise when we slowed to a stop. Cain untangled his arm from my waist and stepped away for a second, engulfed in a crowd of people dressed as superheroes. I shifted awkwardly on my feet, waiting for him to appear again.

It was odd, seeing the cool and mysterious Cain actually have a completely unseen nerdy side I'd never known about. He had known every costume, vendor, panel. It was as if he'd been coming to this thing his entire life.

"Kase, come over here!" Cain peeked out from behind a couple, stand in front of a booth with drawings hanging everywhere around the puke green haired boy and pink haired girl sitting behind it.

I slipped through the couple and stopped beside Cain. He was holding a drawing of a rose, a beautiful one at that.

"Wow, a beautiful girl without any make-up on?" Green haired guy commented, laughing, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm the geeky one." Cain lifted his hand, setting the picture back on the table, "I dragged her along with me."

The girl was frowning, her eyes analyzing me, taking every part of me in like a predator observing a prey.

"I was wondering if you wanted anything over here. These drawings are wonderful, I thought you'd appreciate them." Cain tucked his hands into his jeans as he waited for my answer.

"I do, and they are. But you don't have to buy me anything, Cain. I-"

"It's on me, Kasey. Really." I swallowed and nodded, starting to go through the drawings on the table. I felt my throat beginning to close when I came upon the drawing of Yoda from Star Wars.

Tommy had a strange obsession with him. He had from the moment we watched it when we were kids.

"This one?" Cain reached for his wallet in his back pocket, "Why Yoda?" He looked amused, which made my throat swell and my cheeks flush even more.

"I just like him." I shrugged, watching silently as Cain handed over the money and grabbed my hand again, pulling me away from the booth.

I was relieved when we came up to a small food vendor, my stomach rumbling at the sight of food itself. I didn't know I could ever need food as much as I did in that moment.

We sat at a small table for two, eating for a few minutes before Cain broke the silence.

"Thanks for coming with me." He smiled, "I know this isn't your place, but it means a lot that you actually agreed to come." I returned the smile, waving it off.

"It's not a big deal. I'm having fun, really." It was the funnest date I'd been on, and the most unique.

"My parents were total dorks." Cain continued, "They brought us to these the second we could walk. Carrie hates the thought of them now, but I feel closer to them here, you know what I mean?"

He looked away, a guarded look on his face as he awaited an answer. I knew the look, I felt it. I did it any time I said a little too much about Tom.

"Yeah. Like you can feel their presence here with you, beside you." I answered, looking down at the table, "I know the feeling well, Cain."

He reached over and rested his hand on mine, smiling weakly.

"Thanks again, Kasey. I'm having a great time with you too."

*

"No, no. I can't breathe." I choked out, darting away from Cain and nearly tripped over my own foot on the way out the door. I hugged the stuffed bear against my chest, trying to catch my breathe as I continued to laugh.

"It wasn't that funny." he was on the verge of laughing himself, his eyes following me as I leaned against a bench.

"It was." I said, shaking my head, "Oh My God, Cain. That was hilarious." I could see pink starting to spread through his cheeks as he turned away.

"Because a random guy walking up and kissing me is the funniest thing in the world." He muttered, rolling his eyes.

"He came out of nowhere." I choked out, breaking into another fit of giggles, "And you just stood there, totally freaking out."

He grabbed my free hand and laced his fingers through mine, leading me back out to the parking garage with a smile. It wasn't until we were standing outside of his car, his hand dropping mine, that he spoke up again.

"I like that you don't care about what everyone thinks of you." He said, his eyes seeming to take in every inch of my face, "You're crazy and cute, Kasey." I blushed, snorting.

"No, crazy is an understatement. Nobody gets to see the real me because they'd rather see the Kasey Blackwell that fits their own little world." I answered, leaning forward so I was on my tippy toes. I kissed his cheek softly, my hand resting on his forearm.

"Thanks for a fun night, Cain. I really had a blast." He smiled, and for the first time in years, it met his beautiful eyes.

I started to make my way around the car, but he caught my wrist and pulled me back against him, a whisper leaving his mouth.

"Do or do not. There is no try." I barely had enough time to comprehend the familiar quote before I felt Cain's lips against mine.

It was nothing like the kisses I'd received from Aiden, rough and forced. It was gentle, familiar. Feeling his hands rest on my waist, his lips against mine, I almost felt like I needed it. He brushed his hand along my cheek as he pulled away, his eyes on my lips again as two words left his own.

"Thank you." 

***AN***

Hope you guys enjoyed! 

Let me know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 765 73
*MATURE BECAUSE*: It contains serious, sensitive and triggering topics like self-harm, unhealed trauma, assault, murders, etc. Reader discretion is a...
2.7K 82 32
(I'm in the process of editing this story) All Rights Reserved Before you read In no way shape or form should this book be replicated. Including bu...
52.5K 2K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...
446K 16.5K 41
Walking into an empty house is normal to me. I guess I got tired of saying 'I'm home' when nobody is home to reply. It wasn't always like this. I re...