The Outbreak of Heartaches (A...

By thatninjagirlhailey

My heart's racing, trying to catch up to you, The light that you let off is gold. I can't shake this feelin... More

The Outbreak of Heartaches
She's Dope
Royalty
Every Breath You Take
Goddammit, Alexander Williams.
Have You Ever Wanted Someone So Bad?
Everything That Kills Me Makes Me Feel Alive
If I Could Find The Words To Say
It Feels Like Forever Is Crashing Down On Me
If Our Love Is Insanity, Why Are You My Clarity?
I Need Your Love
How Am I Going To Be An Optimist About This?
Fire and Gasoline
For The Love Of God, Will You Bite Your Tongue?
What I Wouldn't Do
Party For Your Life
Time Bomb
I Think Some Dude Just Grabbed My Junk
Make It Easy, Say I Never Mattered
Sorry Little Hearts
One In A Million
Soldiers On The Front Line
Sickness
Everything's a Gamble, Baby
Lullabies
Breakdown
Repeating Apologies
The Road
I gotta get sentimental here for a second, guys...
Human
Alone Together
It's Time
Worry
Amazing Timing, Dumbass
Excuses & MORE Worry

No Way

303 10 4
By thatninjagirlhailey

Yasmyn's POV

"Cam, Cam! Ca- No!" I sighed loudly, throwing my hands up in the air in defeat. Today I had the sudden urge to rearrange the living room furniture while Cam was in the studio with the guys again. When he got home, the living room was a mess, and I was asleep on the couch. "Not there, but it over there!" I pointed to the corner. Cam looked at me.

"Yasmyn, that was where we originally had everything." He stated. I stared at him before shrugging my shoulders. "Let's put everything back to where it was before."

"Dammit, woman." He muttered. We moved all the furniture back to it original state, and I flopped onto the couch, my head on the arm rest. Cam chuckled. "What is up with you lately, babe?"

I bit my lip. I didn't want to tell him, not yet. I shrugged. "I don't know, really." I lied.

Cam shook his head and sat down by my feet, which, by the way, we freezing cold, and turned on the tv. I smiled, switching from the arm rest to Cameron's lap instead. Much comfier. I put my head on my stomach, you couldn't tell I was pregnant, but I could feel the slight, extrememly tiny, bump starting to form. It made me smile, but at the same time, it made me extremely nervous.

"You're smiling."

"Shut up. When am I not?"

"When you're sad, upset, pissed off, not feeling good." Cam made a list, myself punching his leg. "Shut up you little shit."

"No, I won't shut up, because I'm not a little shit." He laughed, lightly punching my shoulder. I punched his arm back, and so the punching of each others arm began. We couldn't stop laughing. Cam tried to put me in a headlock, but I bit his arm. He let go and I took the opportunity and ran into my old room, locking the door behind me and trying to his from Cameron.

"Ok, you're the little shit now, Yasmyn!" Cam yelled from the living room, banging on the door clearly looking for me. I tried my best not to laugh, hiding under my bed. Then I realized, I never actually locked my door, but that wasn't until the door opened slowly, and I felt like the girl in Taken. I covered my mouth as cussed because he hit his knee on my old dresser, trying not to laugh. But I failed, miserably, may I add.

Cam grabbed me by my ankles and pulled me out from under the bed, lifting me up onto my bed and tickling my sides.I kicked my feet, trying to get him off, but you know, that didn't work. I think the only advantage he had on me was height, and I'm sure he wasn't pregnant.

"C-C-Cam, s-s-top it!" I said through fits of laughter.

"And I thought I had a stutter." He laughed, falling next to me and grabbing me by the waist, pulling me close to him and kissing my forehead. I smiled and looked at him. Should I tell him now? No, no don't. Maybe just...

"Hey, Yas?"

"Oui?" I answered in French, absentmindedly, causing us both to laugh. I came from a fluent-speaking French family, but yet, I almost near failed my French final in grade twelve.

"I love you." He smiled, still laughing. I smiled back, kissing his lips.

"I love you, too, Cam."

~~

"Cameron, for the love of fucking god, just stop." I snapped, hastily pushing a piece of hair out of my face. I woke up in an extremely pissed off mood this morning, and Cam acting like an idiot did not help at all. He threw his hands up in the air in defeat.

"What the hell did I do?!"

"Just, stop!" I repeated. To be completely honest, I don't know why I was so pissed this morning, but if I suddenly stop being pissed, Cam is going to be pissed because I was pissed for now reason, and everything is just going to go downhill from there.

"I don't even know what I'm doing wrong to even stop, Yasmyn!"

I let out an exasperated sigh and rolled my eyes in an irritated way, walking into our room and grabbing my, well, Cam's, hoodie, throwing it on and walking passed Cam. When he saw me putting on my shoes, he sighed, walking over to me and stopping me from leaving.

"Where are you going?" He asked quietly, rubbing my arms. I shook my head.

"I'll be back in a bit."

"Be careful." He pushed a piece of fly away hair out of my face. I now felt horrible for snapping and getting pissed of for no reason. I really had no reason to be mad or anything at him, I just... was.

"Yasmyn, I love you, and I'm sorry for whatever I did to piss you off." He said, tilting my chin up to meet his lips. Fuck, he was making this so hard. I just want to go and talk to Coco and Chansonette!

"I love you, too. I'll be back in a bit, ok?" I said, kissing his cheek. He opened the door for me and gave me a hug, kissing the top of my head before I walked out of our apartment, making my way down the stairs and outside. Since it was only in the early hours of the morning, the mornings were a little cooler than the rest of the day. Chansonette only lived a few blocks from where Cam and I lived, so instead of talking a taxi and getting stuck in traffic for twenty minutes or a half hour, hell maybe even forty-five minutes, I walked, first, stopping at Tango's. I haven't seen Gladis in a while, maybe she could give me some advice on this whole pregnancy situation.

I pushed my way into the familiar cafe, getting my regular chai latte and sitting in my usual spot. Gladis was always here, and she always had this feeling of when I was here, she said so herself.

But this time she never showed. I waited nearly three hours for her, and she never showed.

Curious, I went up to one of the employees.

"Excuse me? Uhm, do you know where Gladis Chales is?" I asked. The lady gave me a sad look.

"Gladis, as in the owner of this place?" I nodded.

"She's in the hospital."

My eyes went wide, and I became worried.

"Hospital? What happened?" I asked.

"Old age, that's what's happened. Everyone here loved her, but her time is coming to an end. Her grand-daughter is going to get this place when she passes, and I hope she's as wonderful as her." She explained. I nodded and said thank you, throwing my cup in the garbage and walking out of Tango's. Gladis only mentioned a few times about her grand-daughters, never had she mentioned that one would be taking over once she passed.

My idea of going to Chansonette's place to talk quickly changed as I got onto a bus going to the hospital. If Gladis's time was up, I wanted to at least see her one more time and thank her for everything she's done for me.

Stepping off the bus, I pulled the sleeves down on Cam's hoodie and walked into the hospital, stopping at the front desk. A lady with short, brown hair and hazel eyes looked up at me. I shot her a friendly smile, and she shot one right back.

"Hi, how can I help you?" She asked.

"Uhm, yes, is a Gladis Chales admitted in this hospital?" I asked, my elbows resting on the desk.

"How old is she?"

"Uhm, s-she's seventy-nine." I stuttered. I was actually scared right now. Gladis was the closest thing I had to a grandmother, and I was about to lose her.

"Then she's in the most likely in the general patients area, which is on the fifth floor. Good luck." She smiled, and I thanked her, briskly jogging towards the elevator and hitting the fifth floor. I bit my lip as each floor passed, until it stopped and opened on the fifth floor, where I got off and, with the same brisk jog, made my way to the front desk.

"Hello." An older lady asked. Her hair was short, red, and curly, and she had spectacular blue eyes.

"Hi, uhm, is Gladis Chales here?" I asked, running an hand through my hair, which was in the messiest bun I think I've ever done.

"You wouldn't happen to be Yasmyn Carleton, would you?" She asked. A little taken aback that she knew who she was, I nodded.

"Yes, that would be me." I gave a sharp nod. The lady gave me a sad look and handed me an envelope.

"I'm sorry." She said. I bit down on my lip and walked over to the waiting area, sitting down and slowly opening the envelope and reading the letter that was held in it. By the time I was done reading it, I was in tears, because the feeling I had when I first met her was right the whole entire time. She was, in fact, my grandmother from my dad's side of the family.

My dearest Yasmyn,

If you're reading this, that probably means my time has run out. But don't worry, child. Don't you cry over me, I am merely just another person to be laid to rest. I lived the life I wanted to live, and that's all life should be. I am in a better place now, keep this in mind. I've always wanted to tell you one of my biggest secrets, and it makes me sad to know that I won't be able to see your beautiful face when I did. So I guess this will have to do for now. Your sister's suicide was never your fault. Although that it may seem and feel like it, it wasn't. Some people just don't know how to correctly deal with mass amounts of pain acquired all at once, and at the time, the way she took it, seems like the only reason. Your father, he didn't leave because of the things your mother told you, he left because he felt like he couldn't give you the life he wanted you to have. He loved you and your sister very dearly, but he did it for the benefit of you two. Although your mother gave you a hard time growing up, you should forgive her. Forgiveness is one of the best things in the world for a mother that lost both her children. I will now be in heaven with your sister and father - my grand-daughter and son. You see, Yasmyn, I knew who you were when you came in that one day. You have your fathers eyes, the same ambitions as him. To just fall in love, to follow your dreams, to just live life at its fullest. You are your father's child. You are my grand-daughter I took such pride in, and even in heaven, I will always take pride in you. When you feel the sun shining on your back, that will be your father, sister and I smiling down on you. Whenever you see a yellow tulip in full bloom in the spring, that is your sister saying she loves you. When you see a poppy flower on a wreath on Remembrance Day, that is your father telling you he will always be protecting you. When you smell the coffee, that is me, telling you that everything will be ok. It always has, and always will. I love you. Oh, and tell the Cameron fellow he better take good care of you and your baby, or he will have the three of on his ass. I love you, Yasmyn. I wish I had told you this sooner.

Love, Gladis (your Grandma)

P.S; Your father passed on while on duty in Afghanistan. While he was over there he said wrote to me saying it felt as though he was protecting you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I'm sorry, I'm shit at the updates, but hey, I'm back! And crying after that letter, I actually got really choked up over it. Damn, haha! So yeah, here's an update! I hope you like it! I'm getting back on my update game so yeah man! :) I love you all! <3

~Hailey xo

(The chapter song it to the side :D)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 2.1K 75
Sometimes i feel so empty i think even my heart wants to stop beating.
85.8K 2.3K 37
You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know, Dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my suns...
563K 11.4K 14
Bucky x Reader (I have lots of Bucky feels ok) "I need your help. I need a place to stay and some medical attention among other things. You will prov...