Breathe Me Out Of The Darknes...

AyaJ989 tarafından

***ON HOLD TILL GOD KNOWS WHEN*** "I remember that day crystal clear, how could I forget such a day? It was a... Daha Fazla

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
ON HOLD

Chapter 26

77 3 20
AyaJ989 tarafından

Four years later, 10th September 2024, in London, England

Sipping from my coffee cup, I let my eyes wander around my new flat. Nothing but the furniture and I were held between its walls. I had finally finished university. I had finally became independent.

The flat that I bought was close to the company that I was going to be the CEO of after many protests from my father. It was one of my father's many companies.

As to how did I manage to convince my father of majoring in business managment, I had told him that I would never become a doctor of any sort, and that I was sure he wasn't going to let me become an artist, so majoring in business would be the middle solution for the both of us.

I'm not quite fond of holding the responsibility of many people, but it was better than becoming a doctor, because after seeing Archer dead, I had developed a phobia of blood and dead people, nobody knew about that, of course.

Leaving my cup of coffee half filled, I got up and headed to my door, grabbing my car's keys along the way. I took the staires down instead of the elevator, because I also wasn't too fond of tight spaces.

My phone rang when I reached my car. I answered it while I opened my car's door, which was a red 2017 Mercedes-AMG 43, and got behind the wheel.

"Liara Honal speaking, who's this?" I spoke.

"Miss Honal, you have a meeting in five minutes, shall I delay it?" My secretary, Lisa, said.

"No, Lisa, prepare everything, I'll be there shortly" I said as I reversed back and took off.

"Okay, Miss Honal".

I hung the phone and pushed my foot on the accelerator a little harder, making me go over 120. I smiled as the rush of speeding spread through my veins.

I arrived to the company in six minutes. 'A new record' I thought. The receptionist smiled at me and greeted me with a 'good morning, Miss Honal'. I smiled at her in reply. Unfortunately, I had to take the elevator, as I have been doing so in the past two months. I rode it to floor number fifty.

Once the elevator's door was opened, I was greeted with Lisa's smiling face, as usual. Lisa was a fourty years old women with a motherly aura, she had been married for fifteen years and had three kids, Troye, Mandy and Dennis. To say she was a happy person would be an understatment.

"Seven minutes, Miss Honal, a better record than the last time" she said. "Everything is ready and guests are about to arrive".

"Of course, I'll just step by my office to get my stuff" I said.

"I already have them at the meeting room" she said and smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you, then" I said and proceeded to the meeting room.

She followed me. "Shall I suggest something?"

"What kind of something?"

"The kind that will get you here on time, and never late" she said.

I scoffed. "Go ahead".

"I suggest you get a personal assistant" she said.

I pushed open the door that led to the meeting room and greeted the people that were already there. I sat at the top of the rectangle table and looked through the papers that I worked on yesterday.

"Miss Honal?" Lisa called again.

"Yes, Lisa?" I said.

"Please don't ignore my suggestion" she asked.

"I'll think about it" I mumbeled.

***

"Lisa, call Mr. Willows and have him look through possible personal assistants for me, and then have him send me their profiles for me to select one" I spoke through the telephone's handset that connected me to her.

"Of course, Miss Honal" she said, sounding very pleased.

The thing about being the CEO was that sometimes, you could lose control over time, and I couldn't afford to lose control just when I started to get a grip on my life. Honal's investments was the company I couldn't afford to let it get destroyed.

I had been leaving work too late because I had been arriving late, and the circle kept moving. So I had to get someone to manage my time better... or maybe I just needed another sound in my flat to wake me up instead of the alarm clock and do my laundray.

I clicked away on my laptop, to prepare for another project that I had in mind. A project that would help people in need of shelter. First, I thought about finding the proper place to build  a shelter in, then I would publicize it, so homeless people can hear about it, finally I would throw a party and invite the most wealthy people and kind of manipulate them into donating money. Harsh, I know, but it wasn't like a couple of thousands would make a dent in their bank accounts.

The telephone rang. I replied. "What?"

"Miss Honal, when do you want those profiles?" Mr. Willows spoke lazily.

"In two hours maximum, Mr. Willows, because I need the assistant to start working tomorrow".

"Um, I don't think I can collect proper people in two hours Miss, this thing needs at least a week" he spoke in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I thought my father hired the best?" I questioned.

He sighed. "Well, I have some profiles that Mr. Honal rejected a years ago".

"Do your thing, Mr. Willows" I said and hung up.

I shut down the laptop and faced the window that was behind my desk. I had always wondered why couldn't we just call it a glass wall instead of a window. Stupid, I know, but that what always happen when you live alone.

My father, was a hard man. Too hard maybe. That was the main reason why I wanted an assistant, he had a very good grip on the copmany, I didn't want to look bad in front of him, I had to prove to him that I was good enough.

Sitting in that spinning-able chair, in that big and successful company, I still imagined myself sitting on a bar stool in front of my half finished painting. 'Stop, Liara, imagining the unreachable won't do you any good' I thought as I closed my eyes tightly and tried to get rid off of the image.

My Iphone's ringing tone broke through the silence that surrounded me, I blindly grabbed it and answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Liara Honal speaking-"

"Shut the fuck up" Monica's voice ran through my ear.

"Bitch, what's up?" I replied lazily.

"We have to hang out tonight. I don't care about your classy work, you have to come by" she snapped at me.

I sighed. "Monica..." I trailed off.

"Listen, bitch" Louis said. "We don't care, come or forget about us".

"Lou, you know I don't have time" I argued.

"Then, make time!" He yelled.

"Come by our place at ten sharp" Monica sweetly spoke and hung up.

"Great" I mumbeled as I looked at the papers that I had yet not finished. "Guess I'm going to skip lunch".

As I grabbed the first file, which was a request from a chinese company asking for a partnership in our company in Tokoy, Mr. Willows walked in. He had files in his hand, which I assumed were profiles for possible assistants.

He placed them down and smiled at me, his eyes wrinkling at the ends. "Infrom me when you select someone and they'll be at your flat in the morning prepared".

I smiled appreciatively at him. "Thank you, Bruce" I said.

He playfully rolled his eyes and walked out without a word. Mr. Willows, or Bruce, was a married man in his early thirties, he had a few weeks old daughter named after me. He was still acting like a four year old boy, but nonetheless I liked him as a brother.

I looked through the first five profiles and put two on the side, because they had a bigger chance at being selected.

It was the sixth profile that got my heart beating fast and my stomach crunching with butterflies.

Niall Horan's profile.

----------

"Can't you tell I want you baby, yeah" -slow hands by niall horan ladies and gentlemen

Yup, it has been more than two weeks since I have last updated.

I'm deeply sorry, ya know.

Sorry

Like really really sorry.

Vote? Maybe? Hehehe

Peace out \/ and stay alive |-/

Your loved author that you don't want to kill:
AYAJ

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

2.8K 97 36
Some people don't believe in the supernatural because they don't exist. But let's just say that beyond the human world, lies a world full of supernat...
5.6K 130 23
"Maybe we'll meet again, when we are slightly older and our minds less hectic, and I'll be right for you and you'll be right for me. But right now, I...
865 30 13
"I am but a shell without you to fill my hollow soul with life, my lungs with oxygen, my heart with undying love and my world with vibrant color." W...
8.1K 184 23
OUR LOVE SURVIVES IT ALL Welcome to " All for our love" this is the SEQUEL to " FIGHTING FOR LOVE " you need to read this one first to follow the sto...