My Bestfriend's Enemy (editin...

By Wonderments

High School isn’t the easiest for everyone. Camila, Dinah, Normani and Ally all struggle with what many teens... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - "Cause of death: Lauren freaking Jauregui"
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (teaser)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31: The Letter
Chapter 33: You Again
Chapter 34: Three Words
Epilogue
New book

Chapter 32: Losing Her Was Blue

11K 309 91
By Wonderments

Lauren’s POV

I was home for the first time in three years. I’d only been back for the traditionally celebrations and family reunions other than that I’d stayed away as much as possible.

I always got depressed when I seemed to be near my old town. I just had too many painful memories.

After what had come to my attention, Vercy had moved in together. Their relationship was unstable, but they always seemed to get through fine in the end.

Normani and Dinah on the other hand had a somewhat perfect relationship and had already started a family in form of a beautiful little girl that Ally had told me everything about.

Ally. I can’t believe that years ago I’d caused her so much pain. She now was one of my best friends even if she was still close to my first love.

Talking about Camila, I hated her. The day she walked away was the day she took a piece of my heart with her.

I’d never given the rest of my heart to anyone, in fear of repeating the same mistake like I did when I trusted her.

I’ve never spoken to her since, not that I wanted to. I’ve moved on.

Oh and Alexa, of course she was still my bestfriend. Surprisingly, she has endured with me for the last years. 

Never left my side like so many else. I’d never blamed anyone. We’ve all grown a lot and been caught up in our own busy lives.

Only the past three years I’d gone from a totally unknown teenager who was involved in soccer as a hobby, but now I was a signed pro with direction towards the bigger leagues.

My life was amazing. It was everything I’d ever dreamt for, but I was lonely. So so lonely..

_______________________

Camila’s POV

It’s been three years, three freaking years since I’d walked out on Lauren Jauregui

Somehow I couldn’t forget about her.. Every time her face surfaced on the cover of the local newspapers my heart skipped a beat.

I still trembled at the memory of her soft touch against my bare skin. I was miserable. 

Being without her was like being in the middle of a nightmare, hoping that I would soon wake up and that she would hold around me telling me everything would be fine.

While Lauren had success following her every move I only failed, my grades dropped the instant I returned and I went into my own Jauregui-depression.

Since then I’d worked as a teacher, yey. I knew I was a nerd in High School, but never in my life did I once believe I would turn out as something as boring.

It seemed like everyone had figured out their lives, but I was still standing in the same spot as the day I left her.

I regret it so much and every day I miss her, but days turn into weeks that resolves into months that develop to years.

What happens when you lose the One? Let me explain it quite simply. 

Your heart and emotion goes completely numb and in the end you just stop caring. About yourself, about others. 

Your main priority becomes getting through the day and hoping that the One will return to you even though you know that’s only an imagination of your burning desire.

When reality is that she has forgotten all about you and if you’re lucky enough that she even remembers you, you’ll be the one who broke her heart.

Who left her devastated without an explanation. I couldn’t expound to her, hearing her voice would have made me forget about everything.

It would make me want nothing else than to be in her arms again, smell her scent and to feel her touch..

Truth was that I’d regretted it so many times and every time I had been close to do something stupid I called Ally for help.

-Flashback-

*2 years ago*

"Ally I can’t do this!" I sobbed into her chest. "I have to tell her, she has to know that I love her! That not a single day has gone by without my thoughts being with her." 

Ally’s grip around me tightened. "Then just tell her Mila.. Don’t torture yourself anymore than you already have." She soothed rubbing my back.

"S-she hates me Ally." I stuttered trying to get myself together.

"Mila she doesn’t hate you. She’s heartbroken, because Sienna kissed you and then you left her believing that you cheated." 

"I can’t.. She’ll hate me for walking away, no matter what I do I will never get her back.." 

I’d messed up, I’d left the only one worth fighting for..

-End of Flashback-

 I did it for her though, but my choice only resulted in two broken hearts.

_______________________

Lauren’s POV

"SISTER!" Taylor yelled when she appeared in the doorway. She raised her arms up in enthusiasm.

"TAY!" I screamed back before running into my sister’s embrace like we did when we were younger. 

"I’ve missed you, it’s been too long. Don’t you ever dare to let it go this long before you come home again!" She said into my ear.

"I know, I’m so sorry Tay.. I just, it’s just been tough.." I said unable to brush off the sadness that filled my body.

"I’m sorry Lauren.." She said with an understanding look and putting her hand comfortingly on my shoulder.

"No it’s fi-" I started but got cut off when a familiar girl barged into the room.

"Laur!" She screamed in such a high pitch that I considered if I should stick my fingers into my ears. 

"Alexa!" Taylor stepped back and gave us space.

"Woah." I let out when Alexa basically jumped on me causing me to take a step back to prevent us from falling over.

"Have you gotten heavier?" I teased before we both pulled away.

She hit my arm; "Lauren Jauregui, just because you’re all famous now doesn’t give you any right to judge my weight!"

I started laughing which caused her to crack up with me.

"So just to put it all out. You haven’t talked to Camila?" Alexa said staring into my eyes.

That was the thing I loved about Alexa, that she knew me well enough to know that if she wanted an answer she had to be forward with it.

"No.. I don’t want to ever see her again. I’m over her." I said determined, avoiding Alexa’s probing eyes.

"Don’t lie to me Laur. Remember when we ruled in High School? By the way, such a good time bullying people…" Her voice was sarcastic.

"Well I always knew when you lied, and I get the same feeling now." She said poking my nose with her finger.

"I also remember you not knowing that smart and intelligent basically are synonyms." I said laughing at the memory.

"Shut up Laur! Stop changing subject, I know you’re not over her. It’s obvious, because your eyes show hurt and beside, you’re a lot bitchier than usual." Alexa winked at me.

I rolled my eyes until she pushed me so I fell on my back into the chair. "Alexa! What the fuck?" I yelled annoyed.

"Come on Laur. I thought you were all strong now, but looks like I can still kick your ass if I want to." She replied while tossing her hair to the side.

I had to laugh at her statement, oh God how I’ve missed my bestfriend.

 _______________________

Note: Check out my other fic too, if you love Camren :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 43.2K 75
Lauren and Camila have been friends for years, what happens when Lauren can't handle seeing Camila with her girlfriend any longer. To what extremes w...
314K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
Bad News By Giny

Fanfiction

2.4M 69.7K 57
Lauren is a smart girl and kind of nerdy. She only has two friends at school, Normani and Dinah. She's had a small crush on the mysterious badass Cam...
1.4M 36.5K 110
Prompt: It's been seven years since graduation and Lauren Jauregui is a highly popular and in demand photographer whose latest job is photographing t...