Cinderella's Shoe (COMPLETED)

By KatTaySummers

"Why?" She interrogated once they entered the room together, apprehensive about what she was inquiring and pe... More

Important Teaser Quotes From The Book
Summary and Info
Acknowledgements
Introduction
Wolfie's Guide To Supernatural Creatures
Excerpt 1
Excerpt 2
Quote/Poem
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN: HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue: We Keep This Love In A Photograph
Cast and Credits
The Author's Note On Writing Cinderella's Shoe
where ive been

Chapter 54

130 4 0
By KatTaySummers

Chapter 54
The Narrator.

Things can get quite difficult at times for everyone. No matter what, everyone has a difficult point in their life. If you haven't had yours yet, you will at some point.

There are many hardships in life, some of which we suffer, but most we conquer with ease. These hardships can sometimes seem worth the effort, but really they are meaningless in the end. The hardest things in life are often things that come with the best of consequences. Ideally, the more hardships in life you go through, then the better your life has become by the end of it all.

But is this always the case?

Ariel and Jacob have suffered many battles, and the trauma has been intense for the two of them. But one thing is for sure: they always get through it. Whether together or not, they have survived it. They have managed to overcome any obstacle in their path. Actually, Ariel has been able to overcome each obstacle that has been thrown at her, and Jacob has been able to support her through every one of them from the moment that they met all those years ago.

Well, almost every obstacle in their path.

Jacob's coma and his death have been singlehandedly Ariel's greatest challenge yet. She has had to rise up and care for the pack in Jacob's absence, all the while dealing with new revelations about her friends and family at the same time. Oh, and also finishing her education. In fact, a basic part of becoming a Luna is having finished your education (helping all the pack kids with homework, finances, the boring shit etc) and I'm sure such a thing became possible- even for Ariel- with the removal of some certain goblins on the staff at that place.

However, things aren't what they seem: Ariel's story still has a few more chapters left, and there are still many more challenges ahead of her. But I'm not spoiling anything for you. Why would I spoil the rest of her story for you? Why would I spoil the ending of Ariel's story?

Because, ultimately, it is Ariel's story. It's her story of finding love in her mate, of finding the courage in her to speak out against the abuse she was put through. It's her story of how she went from being the rebellious, quiet, abused girl to becoming the leader of the pack that is capable of doing everything and more for those she cares about. It's her development over time, how she is able to rise above the past that once defined her, and how she is capable of becoming the fearless leader she was always destined to be from the beginning.

The Moon Goddess was correct after all it seems...

But... Aren't you forgetting something?

Aren't you forgetting that there are other stories intertwined with hers? That there are others who have stories left to be told? That their hardships are still yet to be told?

Actually, all that I'm really saying is:

Things are definitely gonna get a lot easier for everyone now.

Or are they?

Lexi.

Have you ever wondered what the end of your life will be like? Have you ever thought about what you'll look like this time in fifty years? Sixty years? What do you think you'll have achieved by the time you're ninety (if you even live that long)? Where will you be by the time your life is coming to an end?

I've given my life a lot of thought recently. I mean, I'm only twenty, so at first, it would seem like such a weird thing to think so in-depth about. But then again, you don't exactly know me. You don't know exactly what hardships I've been through and the side effects that have come with those hardships.

You don't understand me. And you might never understand me. But it's my hope that some others will understand me when I tell them the truth.

It is my hope that Jacob survives this. Ariel needs him, and I think she has finally understood how much she needs him. Without Jacob, our Alpha, we don't have as much as you would think. Similar to Dustin's situation- without the full Alpha couple and an heir our pack will crumble.

Which is why there may be a plot to mate Ariel with Dustin. Disgusting, I know.

But ever since I sorted things out with Rob, I feel like things are finally fitting into place. Like things are getting simpler, that they're becoming much... Easier, than they were before now. I don't know what it is. I can't describe the way I'm feeling. I don't know what it is. Love, maybe? Is it just the mating pull? Whatever it is, I never want this feeling to end. I never want to stop feeling like this. It feels like heaven.

But I know that one day, things will go wrong again. There's a balance, you see. A tipping point in the scales of fate. It means that, although things may be easy now, within due time they will become increasingly difficult. And they will, that's how nature works. There has to be a balance of the good and the bad within each life. There's no stopping that balance, no controlling it or tipping it within your favour- there is always light and dark. Good and bad.

There's something I haven't told Rob yet. Something really important about my past. But the problem is, I just don't know how to tell him. I don't know exactly how I'm supposed to say it or word it. It's one of the difficult things I've been through and haven't fully resolved yet. I don't exactly want to tell him, I just know that eventually, I will have to explain.

I've been thinking of telling Ariel, but I know she's dealing with a lot right now. She gives great advice, after all, she is the one who told me to go and be with Rob after the war and help him recover from his injuries. I owe it to her that my relationship is where it is now.

I just hope that I can explain everything to Rob before it's too late. Before they come back...

Ariel.

If there's one thing that I've found out recently, it's that I hate waiting. I hate waiting for something to happen. It irritates me. You might have heard of the saying: "Good things come to those who wait." Well, that's a load of bullshit really. I've been waiting nearly all my life for something good to occur, but even with Jacob being around, most of my life has gone to shit. All because of Freya. That Bitch. I hope she's burning in hell for everything she's done.

That bitch made me wait.

And I hate waiting.

Especially when I've been waiting for two years.

If I have to wait a second more, I'm going to scream.

...

So I screamed. Internally, of course. I wouldn't want anyone to think the Luna has gone insane and that the Alpha has died.

I'm hoping the Alpha doesn't die anyways.

If he does die, I'm doing a Hercules and rescuing him from the dead. There's no stopping me. I will save this bastard's life even if it does kill me. I will save him.

He won't be dying on me. Not anytime soon, that is.

Then again, I wonder if he will survive. If he'll actually wake up from his comatose state. If I'll be able to wake up next to him. If I'll be able to see him smile again. I wonder if I'll be able to lead our pack with him. I wonder if we'll ever have kids. If we'll ever have grandkids. Would he be a great father? Would I be a good mother?

All of these questions, and yet I have no answers.

Neither do the doctors.

He's capable of breathing on his own, but then doctors say that his lungs could give out at any moment, so they're keeping a careful eye on him. I refuse to leave his side, if he could die at any moment, why would I want to leave his side? Luckily, the doctors understand it, they even allow me to stay the night and fall asleep in his arms. So even if he does die when I'm asleep, at least, he will have died in my arms. As sad and cliché as that sounds.

And as I tuck myself under his arm for yet another sleep after a restless day of waiting, I hope that I will get to have a future with him. I hope that one day, he will wake up. I hope that I won't have to live without him. I hope that I won't have to mate with Dustin, Draco or another mateless Alpha like some of the rumours in the packs are suggesting. I hope that he will wake up so we can lead our pack together. So I can make up for the months of lies and avoiding him. For the months of making him wait for me.

But I suppose all I can do is wait.

I'm coming. Wait for me...

KARENAAAAAAA!

JUST CLOSE THE SCHOOLS ALREADY!

I WANNA STAY AT HOME! AND WRITE! AND REVISE!

Please. In a week. College kids can babysit. Health workers go on part-time to reduce stress and tiredness. Please.

We can do exams as long as everyone is tested. And that's what spare classrooms and teachers can be for.

Now that my rant is *slightly* over...

HI!!!!!!!

HOW ARE Y'ALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

This book finishes soon lmao. 15 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!

I'm excited, but I'm still writing this Friday's chapter. It won't take long, I fully plotted it out. Y'all are gonna love this shit man.

Question: Do you guys have any plans for Karenavirus?

Yes, it's just as deadly. Your hair goes into a short haircut, and you constantly demand to speak to the manager about the lack of toilet roll.

SEEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 39.4K 76
"Why, Alpha?" he had sat down right next to her when he arrived, and now she leaned closer to him so that their lips were only inches apart. He could...
533K 13.2K 51
Liberty knew from the moment she was betrothed to Prince Aziel that she would never be happy. She vowed she would stop at nothing to keep herself awa...
2.4M 83.3K 52
"What makes you think I'll let you leave?" he asked and took a step towards me. "Because I'm not into guys?" "Well then why did you date your ex-boyf...
119K 5.6K 47
"I am visiting under unusual circumstances. I won't bore you with the details but I have lost something of mine and I was hoping you could help me fi...