Galennic [#Watty...

By derp_eyes

Part 1 of the Rogue Ships Series ROGUE ONE SPOILERS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Academy AU (sin... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32

9

66 5 56
By derp_eyes

I got bored after writing the last chapter and decided to write another. So here's another chapter of Galennic.

I don't own anything.
========================================
Orson never did get that kiss.

After coughing up all the water, Galen felt nauseated and just wanted to go back to his dorm. Orson helped him there and then didn't see him until the next afternoon. Orson was bouncing his rubber band ball on the ground outside when Galen came along and grabbed it. "He shoots! He scores!" He shouted, throwing it at an invisible hoop. "And he's won the game!"

"But wait! It's only half time!" Orson cut in, making Galen laugh.

"How are you doing today, Orson? Or should I say Orsey?" Galen asked.

Orson blushed. "Either one." He didn't really mean that. Orsey was so cute coming from Galen. Anyone else that called him that would have already been murdered by now.

Galen smiled. He took a bite of his chocolate bar and said "Hey, I'm going on a trip to Ahndurous at the end of this semester. It's for a research project and I was wondering if you'd like to come? You can bring your Legos." (Galen has let him keep the Lego bin after he took a picture of Orson's model design)

"Is this for the Kyber Crystal project of yours?" Orson asked. Galen talked about that quite a bit as of recent and Orson began connection the two points.

Galen nodded. "The Alchemy one, yeah."

Orson felt somewhat bad for not knowing exactly what alchemy was. He admitted this to Galen, who shrugged. "I didn't expect you to. You're more into the design stuff. Tell you what? Stop by my place every two days or so and I can help you get up to speed on the project. But I'll only do this if you're interested in coming."

"Totally!" Said Orson. This was an opportunity he couldn't pass up AT ALL!! "Is it just going to be us?"

"Unfortunately not. There will be some others on the crew, including Lyra." He sighed. "It's more of a group research project but I hate group projects. You always have to wait for everyone instead of going at your own quick pace." Orson couldn't have said it better. "However, I have to do it to get into my classes next year and I was assigned the leader so I really don't have a choice."

"Yeah I'll come!" Now he had the chance to punch Lyra in the face for hurting him.

Galen smiled. "I knew you would." He ruffled Orson's hair, making the teen giggle in delight.

Orson spent the rest of the day with Galen. He kept trying to hint towards that kiss Galen owed him but Galen was either thick as a board to the "subtle" hints Orson was dropping or Galen was ignoring him. Either way, it was annoying Orson and he finally gave up...

Until the sun began to set. "Wanna go out to eat?" Orson asked.

Galen shrugged. "Just a quick dinner. Nothing too fancy. I don't like having to dress up."

"Neither do I." Another thing in common with Galen! Orson was so happy!

He brought Galen to a burger place. "A burger place?" Galen snickered. "What are you, fifteen?"

"Well actually I'm sixteen in a month."

"But you're still fifteen to me," said Galen. He chuckled. "You'll be fifteen to me for a long time."

"Why is that?" Now Galen was starting to sound like his parents and Orson didn't like it.

Galen shrugged. "It's probably because you have a young and excited spirit unlike me. You're always so excited to try everything new and if you screw up, you just say 'Oh well' and try again."

The scientist had a few things wrong about him but if that's what he thought of the teen, Orson was beyond happy. "Wow... that's awesome, thanks Galen!" Orson said.

Galen nodded. When they got up to the cashier, he asked "So what are you getting? I haven't been to this place much so I'm not sure what I want."

"A BLT!" Orson said happily, making Galen laugh at the sudden excited outburst. Orson loved BLTs (how could anyone not?) and he didn't care how many other choices were in the menu. If the menu includes a BLT he was going right for that.

"I was thinking of getting the same." Galen slipped the cashier his credits card. Once he got it back, he and Orson grabbed some drinks and went to sit down.

Orson wondered what Galen was thinking about right now. He was thinking about that kiss Galen owed him and he wondered when he would get that. Galen sure liked to take his sweet time didn't he? It frustrated the living daylights out of Orson.

For the most part, they spent their date just eating. Orson wasn't even sure if it was a date or not. He called it that but Galen could just be calling it a get-together. No, it had to be a date! There was no other-

"Galen!" Orson jerked his head up to see Lyra approaching. He felt his hand curl into a fist under the table.

"Lyra? What are you doing here?" Galen asked.

"Cordren brought me here but then he left me for some other girl!" Lyra scoffed. Orson wanted to burst out laughing. Lyra got dumped!

"That's too bad," Galen said sympathetically.

Lyra grabbed a seat and pulled it over, inviting herself at their table without any sort of permission. "So Gays-" Orson wanted to kill her already dead body in his mind for calling Galen that name. "I was thinking-"

"Lyra, get your feet off the table," said Galen coldly. "Were you raised in a barn?"

"No, I was raised in the woods in a tiny cabin." She took her feet off the table. "I was thinking about the trip. We're harvesting and researching the crystals to see how much power they contain, right?"

"Yeah," said Galen. He and Lyra began talking about the trip. Orson felt like an outcast. With a sinking feeling in his chest, he pulled out the fifteen Lego blocks he had picked from his new Lego bin. He began playing with them, waiting for Lyra to leave so he could spend time with Galen.

He half listened to the conversation. As he listened, he realized Lyra was talking to Galen in a way that annoyed him. It was almost like she thought of Galen as her own lover. Orson squeezed his Lego bricks out of frustration. He had to set things straight with Lyra! Galen was his and his alone!

Galen finally got up to use the restroom. The minute he was gone, Orson jumped up and grabbed Lyra's collar. "Galen is mine, you bastard. Don't you dare-"

"Geezus, Orson Krennic!" Lyra pushed him off her, making him fall over. "Don't get right in my face!"

Orson scrambled to his feet. "Galen is mine. If you have any feelings for him, I will murder you."

Lyra rolled her eyes and pulled out her handheld datapad from her pocket, which she began texting on. "Please, Galen is a nerd. If you want to date him, don't let me get in your way. What do I care?"

Orson stopped. "So... you're not in love with him?"

"No, not at all, you yandere."

"What's a yandere?"

"Look it up." And with that, the conversation ended. Just in the nick of time, too. Galen returned from the restroom.

He looked at the two. "Ready to go, Orson? It's getting late."

"Yeah," said Orson, putting away his Lego blocks in his pocket and hurrying to Galen's side.

Lyra looked up at him. "You hardly ate anything," she said to Orson.

"Well finish it for me than."

Lyra shrugged. "Fair enough."

Galen and Orson left. They walked down the street in silence. Galen asked what he and Lyra talked about but Orson responded with "Eh, not much." In his mind, Lyra was as good as dead for being such a bonehead.

They walked to the edge of the platform. The sun was setting and it was a beautiful scene. Orson couldn't help but smile. He leaned against Galen, holding his hand. This was the perfect way to end a screwed up date.

Galen looked down at Orson. "I believe you owe me something," he said.

"I do?" Orson didn't remember what. He owed Galen something? Didn't Galen owe him something? "What?"

"You owe me the end of a good date," said Galen. Orson nearly screamed when Galen said 'date.'

"How?" He asked.

Galen only smiled. "Well, what is your ideal way to end a good date?"

"I wanna kiss you!" The words tumbled out so fast that he didn't have time to think about them until it was too late. "Wait! I didn't mean that! I mean, I did... no! I- I-"

The older man cut him off. "Orson, you're too funny. Come here." Galen bent down to Orson's height and the next thing the teen knew, he was kissing Galen. Orson's heart raced frantically and he wanted to scream with joy.

Galen suddenly pulled away. Orson had just started getting in the kissing groove and Galen wanted to end it? "You haven't kissed many people have you?" Galen asked.

Orson blushed. "W-Well... y-you're my first k-kiss..." Was he just not good enough to please Galen?

"Then let me show you how it's done right." Galen pressed his lips against Orson's and kissed deeply. Orson caught on and he felt everything drift away from existence, leaving only him and Galen in the middle of nothing. It was just him and Galen kissing and nothing more.
========================================
Haha, I finally decided to make them kiss because I originally planned to have them kiss in chapter 15. Oh well! This was fun to write, even though I've never been kissed.

Also, I realized Lyra's age has been bent to fit the storyline (she's younger than Orson in the canon stuff but hey! Fanfiction!)

Please review!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

942K 94.8K 75
Computer updates are simple, right? Apparently, that's not always the case when it involves a Spaceship's AI in the middle of deep space. We have alw...
96 13 10
During the of the early years of the Galactic Empire, the once proud and strong people of Mandalor, have been brought to their knees by the might of...
385 0 10
Story line: Cassian is a 17 year old high school student volunteering at the Foster center where he used to live before getting adopted. There he mee...
58.1K 2K 10
One day, Sting decides to prank his guildmates by pretending that he and Rogue were in a relationship. Reluctantly, Rogue agrees. How does Rogue feel...