Rose Thorne ✔︎

By marcie_lou

Rose's life has order. She knows what she needs to do to stay out of trouble with her always traveling, never... More

©
Cast List
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
Epilogue: A Glimpse Forward
⋄•Playlist•⋄

36

10.2K 433 126
By marcie_lou

"Where are we going?" I asked as he opened my car door for me.

"Somewhere fun." He smiled as he started his car.

"Are we legally allowed to be there?" I asked and his smiled widened as he glanced at me.

"Yes." He nodded with a chuckle.

"Just making sure." I said. "You told me once that most of your hobbies weren't legal."

"I lied." He confessed and I looked at him.

"I only said that to seem like a badass." He grinned and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You already had the image in your head, I just went along with it. My hobbies are all very legal." He smiled and I smiled a little.

"I never thought you were a badass." I confessed as we pulled up to a red light.

Quite frankly, I barely knew him until this year when I started tutoring him. The only things I knew about him where the lunch table gossip Mia and Sam would share.

"Excuse me?" He gasped.

"I thought you were a stupid jerk." I muttered and he gasped again.

"You're lying." He accused and I looked up at him through my lashes.

"Okay, maybe just a little." I confessed and he grinned.

"You did look pretty cool when you came to school on your motorcycle." I blushed and he grinned.

"Totally knew it," he said and the light turned green. "You were my stalker from day one."

"Oh, I was not." I scoffed and he chortled.

"Were too."

We moved again and I bit back a smile as I watched him drive. He's actually driving the speed limit so I have no urge to vomit.

I'm thankful.

"What's a place that you'd want to visit someday?" I asked and he glanced at me.

"California." He smiled at me and my eyebrows went up in surprise.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"I want to play for the Dodgers." He smiled and I shifted my body in the car seat a little to face him.

"My mom was a Dodgers fan." I told him and he glanced at me.

"Yeah?"

I nodded. "Anytime they were on, my mother was in front of the tv or she'd drag my dad to a game. I refused to step foot in a baseball stadium." I told him as I recollected the memory.

"Your mom knew what was up." He nodded before taking a turn.

"But why California, why not play for a team on the east coast?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I don't like many of the east coast teams. Besides, I just feel like I was made for the west coast." He shrugged.

"I could see you being a Californian." I nodded and he snuck a glance at me.

"Really?" He asked and I nodded.

"Shorts, tank tops, flip flops, sunglasses and sun kisses skin would suit you." I said and a smile played at my lip.

"That's how Californians dress?" He asked.

"Hmh huh, LA at least." I nodded.

"You wore tank tops and shorts?" He asked before making another turn.

"Believe it or not." I laughed.

"Tell me again why you decided to wear only long sleeves?"

"I developed a case of Ugly Elbow Syndrome." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You heard." He chuckled before sneaking a glance my way.

I nodded but a frown took over my face as the atmosphere changed.

It got saltier.

"Are we near the beach?" I asked as I sniffed.

"How did you know?" He asked and I took in a deep breath through my nose.

"Saltier air." I nodded before looking at my surroundings.

We were winding down a small road and in the distant, a beautiful home was coming into view.

"Where are we going?" I asked before turning to face Liam who had a smile on his face.

"The beach." He asked carefully and I felt excitement bubble in my stomach.

I haven't been to the beach since I was in California.

"The beach." I said quietly as he place the car in park in the driveway of the house.

"Is that okay?" He asked and I turned to face.

The huge grin on my face must've given it away that I was more than okay with it.

"Let's go." He chuckled before we stepped out of the car.

"Who's house is this?" I asked before looking up at the exterior.

It was a two story home that had a coat of light blue color painted on.

It was inviting.

"This is the family beach house. Another asset from my grandfather." Liam replied before leading me down a flight of stairs, right onto the sand.

"I haven't been to the beach in forever." I muttered before lifting up my dress to walk easier. Realizing that walking on sand with heels was impossible, I reached down and took my shoes off and held them in one hand.

"We're in Florida, the beach is everywhere." He frowned.

"Just haven't had time I guess." I shrugged.

That and the fact that my father basically forbade it. Because the last time we were at the beach together, my mother was by our side.

"Well, we have plenty of time now."  He gave me a bright smile before holding his hand out.

I breathed in the salty air and smiled at the sound of the waves crashing onto the shore before placing my hand in his with a content smile.

[0]

"Least favorite vegetable?" Liam asked and I gave him a weird look as I chewed on a gummy bear.

I thought we were just coming down to the beach to sit down for a moment, but Liam had an entire setup ready when we arrived.

A picnic blanket littered with junk food and a small campfire that was more for show than for warmth.

And for the past twenty minutes, we've sat in front of the fire and gone back and forth with questions we've wanted to ask each other. Well, he came up with questions, I just shoot them back to him and he answered.

"Asparagus." I nodded before grabbing another gummy bear.

"You?" I asked.

"Brussel sprouts." He replied and I nodded in agreement before looking at the water.

I miss the feeling of the salt water on my skin. It's a feeling like no other.

"Those are kind of really gross." I turned back to Liam.

"They're like tinier, nastier versions of cabbages." He replied and I smiled.

"Go in." He said and I frowned.

"I swear, Moana has nothing on you with how bad you want to be in that water right now." He smiled and I shook my head.

"You've seen Moana?" I asked and he grinned.

"Yes, now go." He urged.

"I can't," I replied quietly. "I'm in a dress."

"Just go Daisy." He said and I bit my lip as I contemplated the factors.

"Oh my God." Liam stood up and I looked up at him.

He took his shoes and socks off before rolling up his pants legs. "I'll go with you." He held his hand out.

"No." I shook my head and he smiled at me.

"Come willingly or I'll throw you in." He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Don't do that." My eyes widened.

"Okay, but just come on. We can just put our feet in." He pushed and I let out a sigh before placing my hand in his and he pulled me up.

"Just our feet." I clarified as we walked before holding up my dress.

"Just our feet." He repeated with a grin as our feet hit the wet sand.

"Please don't push me in." I added and he let out a laugh.

"Darn it, you read my mind." He said and I watched the water slowly crept towards our feet. It touched my toe before enveloping my entire foot and I wiggled my toes.

"It's cold." I gasped and he nodded.

"It's nice." He said and I nodded before looking at the water.

The moon was shining bright ahead and the reflection gave the water a gray color that changed with every new wave that crashed at my feet.

"Hey, Liam?" I glanced at him after a few beats of perfect silence.

"Hmh?"

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

There is no doubt in my mind that if my father finds out I was even in the same room as Liam at prom, let alone a private beach, I would get shipped off to an unknown country.

But there's also no doubt in my mind that I would do this all over again.

"For what?" He offered me a small smile.

"Making this an interesting night." I nodded and with my heart still racing, I got on my tiptoes and kissed his right cheek.

His smile dropped a little and he took a step forward. His brown eyes shone in the moonlight and I smiled at their softness.

"Daisy, if you say no, I think I might explode." He whispered and I watched his Adam's apple bobble up and down.

"No to what?" I frowned and his gaze moved from my eyes down to my lips.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked before touching my cheek.

"Here." The pad of his thumb skimmed my bottom lip.

Oh

No, the answer should be no. But even if I wanted to say no, I wouldn't have been able to.

"Yes." I breathed out more than a little nervous and he looked up from my mouth. A small smile played at his lips and he leaned in.

But I leaned away.

I've never kissed anyone before.

"I'm sorry." I tried to step away from him but he held me in place.

"Are you scared of me?" He ask and my eyes widened.

"What? No, of course not." I shook my head.

"Then let me kiss you, damnit."

If I wasn't a nervous wreck, I probably would've laughed at his outburst.

"What if I'm bad?" I ask and his eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"What if I'm bad at kiss-" I didn't finish my sentence because his lips were on mine.

My entire system when into shock and I froze.

This isn't how it's supposed to happen. I'm supposed to do something, anything.

Oh God, Rose do something.

Kiss him back.

I dropped my dress in the water and freed my hand before grabbing onto his upper arms with one hand and his shoulder with the other one.

Leaning into him I kissed him back.

It was slow and steady. But it was right.

Everything about it was right.

Nerve and excitement ran through my vain and I felt like I was walking on air.

I felt light.

Liam pulled me closer and he captured my bottom lip between his mouth and I leaned into him because I felt dizzy.

He pulled back and placed two pecks on my lips and one on my nose before pulling away.

"That was anything but bad." He smiled and I blinked at him.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

I attempted again, but I got the same result. Finally, I let out a breath before looking up at the night sky with a smile.

This is what I've been missing out on?

A chuckle left his mouth and he placed a soft kiss on my reddened cheeks and I buried my face in his chest in a hug. 

If I die under my father's wrath tonight, I'll know it was worth it.

"What time is it?" I asked once I found my voice. But I didn't move away from his embrace.

"It's midnight on the dot." He replied after looking at his watch.

I have to be home in an hour exactly.

"When the carriage turned back into a pumpkin." I muttered as the reality of my life came crashing down.

This was a beautiful night, full of memories that I will keep with me for a very long time.

But I can't be more than just one night.

"We should head back, I guess." I muttered before stepping away from him and away from the cold water.

"Woah, woah, hold on," he grabbed my hand and I looked back at him. "What's going on?"

I gave him a small smile before pulling him away from the water.

"The reality of our lives just kind of hit me and made me sad." I confessed and he nodded.

"You're not wrong, but we have a good thirty minutes left of this not so crappy night." He stepped towards me. "So, let's just enjoy the rest of it."

My heart wants to beat out of my chest with fear and anxiety, but I gave him a small smile and nodded.

"Okay," I nodded again. "under on condition."

"What's that?" He smiled at me before leading us back to the blanket.

"You have to answer the ultimate question of questions." I said with a small smile.

"Which is?" He asked with a crooked grin.

"Why do you call me Daisy?" I asked and his grin widened.

He laid his head down on the blanket and pointed at the star while I watched him.

"Look at the night sky with me Daisy." He smiled and I gave him an unamused look.

"Liam."

"Just," he grabbed my elbow and pulled me down gently. "Lie down."

With my head resting against his, I let out a sigh. "I should've known you weren't going to answer." I shook my head.

"Simplicity." He voiced I glanced at him. "Since I met you, your entire persona screamed simplicity. Reminded me of a flower.

"The flower had noting to do with it. I could've called you Rose or Sunflower if I wanted to." He smiled before grabbing my hand.

"Simplicity?" I asked.

Isn't that just a fancier way of saying boring?

"But do you know why I picked Daisy?" He smiled before glancing at me.

"Daisy are the underdogs of flowers." He said and I couldn't help the little laugh that escaped.

"What?"

"They're gentle, beautiful and they can stand on their own and you remind me of that." He smiled and I blushed at the compliment. "But daisies are sometimes mistaken for weeds and they get killed with weed killers or they get picked for a game of He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not they don't get appreciated for just being them. Simple and beautiful. I suppose that makes them feel unwanted in the flower world." He shrugged before glancing at me.

"Life is chaotic, I'm sure you can probably agree, but you make it look so simple and so perfect. Like a Daisy." He smiled and I nodded.

My life is anything but simple and perfect.

"You don't seem to like that answer." He frowned and I looked away from him.

"Daisy?"

"What if life isn't so simple? What if it's just a mask?" I asked before looking back at him. The always pressed sweaters and straightened hair and small smiles? They're just a mask.

"Would I still be Daisy?" I frowned.

He gave me a small smile before squeezing my hand.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because daisies are my favorite." He whispered with a smile.

[0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0]

Was that cute or what?

Comment

Vote

Share

Coming up:  Katelyn asks Mr. Thorne about her dad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 2.3K 23
Unfair Love "But I can't start a family yet now, Pin" Liam said. "Why? We have dated for such a long time." I said back. "Cause I can't bear having a...
1.7M 38.1K 43
"I'll Fuck The Word Friend Out Of Your Mouth If You Give Me A Chance." -*- Emily life takes a turn when she loses her purse, only for it to be found...
1.6K 41 9
Rose is a loner she doesn't like strangers and she doesn't have any friends, James thinks that he loves her but she pushes him away when he tells her...
496K 11K 48
y/n having no parent support, her older brother wilbur moved her in with him and he tries his best to make y/n happy again. this causes a ton of new...