P.

Per HumanNature82

It's a story... Read it if you will. Més

I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
The Purple Yoda
XVII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
Hi.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
Author's Note
XL.
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII. (Minor Changes)
Hi.
XLIV.
XLV.
XLVI.
XLVII.
XLVIII.
XLIX.
L.
LI.

XVIII.

2.1K 105 97
Per HumanNature82

"Fuck. My. Life."

Corey chuckled at his friend as she knocked her head against the piano keys.

"Rough day?"

Jamie sat up to ramble through her backpack, retrieving the dreaded document. "Look at this shit."

Corey scanned the first page of the math exam. "A 58% percent. Wow, but all of these are right."

Jamie motioned for him to flip the page. On the other side the questions were unanswered. "How, Jamie?"

"I spaced out," she mumbled. "Well, I fell asleep actually. I literally crashed and burned."

"Is it gonna effect your grade?"

"Slightly," she admitted. "What's bothering me is parent teacher conferences are this week and my aunt decided to go this year." She gave a tight lipped smile. "Just my luck right? This will be the highlight of the evening."

"It won't be that bad, girl. Your aunt seems mad chill. Plus, I know you probably usually get straight As anyway. One shitty test ain't gon hurt." He nudged her shoulder, attempting to cheer her up. "So relax, baby girl."

"Thanks, Corey," she gave him a half smile.

"I mean if it helps I can always tell her what an incredible beer pong player you are," he joked. "I think it would make her proud. Right?"

Jamie laughed loudly as he imitated her victory stance from the Halloween party. "Oh, god, no."

"Why not? I think it's quite the title. Think about it," he looked up to the sky, his hands spreading out as if he were reading a banner. "Jamie Tracy, beer pong champion of 2004!" Corey peered down at his crush, who remained on the piano bench in a fit of giggles. "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"

"No..." she cackled.

"Well, I tried." He grabbed his backpack from the floor. "I'm gonna head to the gym to get some practice in. Wanna come with?"

Jamie pointed to the piano. "I have my own practicing to do. Maybe next time, Corey."

"Fosho." He dipped down, stealing a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Hey," she hollered, punching him in the arm as he attempted to jog away. "I couldn't resist," he shouted, exiting the music room.

Jamie shook her head at his antics as she studied the unnerving exam. She definitely needed to do something to increase the score. She couldn't afford to add to the growing tension between her and her aunt. Not after returning home yesterday.

"What's got you so focused over here?"

Jamie clutched her chest in fright. "Jesus, don't do that," she scowled, making him laugh. "It's not funny."

"Mhm," he smiled as he strut over to his desk. "What is that though?"

"Oh, you know, a math test I bombed the heck out of," she shrugged in dismay. "More fuel to the fire." Prince frowned at the statement. "Let me explain," she began.

"When you--well, when I got home yesterday, my aunt had a ton of questions. Mainly about my attire. Those clothes may be a little more feminine than most, but she definitely knew they were not mine and that they belonged to a man."

Prince bit his lip nervously, "Did she ask whose they were?"

"Don't fret. I told her they were Henry's."

"Did she believe you?"

Jamie threw him a knowing look. "Of course she didn't. You heard her on the phone that night. She's far from stupid."

"You're right..." he agreed, walking over to the whiteboard. "So, does that mean I can't swing by tonight?"

Jamie was taken aback. "So you're just inviting yourself over, sir?" She stood from the bench, stalking over to him. "That's how we operate, now?"

"I'm only kidding," he whipped around from the board, finding her inches away from his face. He visibility gulped, realizing the close proximity. "You're forgetting where we are."

"Right," she took a few steps back. "Sorry." Jamie coyly rocked on her heels. "Well, you'll finally get to meet my aunt."

"What do you mean?"

"Parent-teacher conference night. She'll be here."

His brain filled with so many thoughts. So many things he wanted to ask. What she would ask him. Only one question was more important than all the rest. Still, there was time before he needed a solid answer.

"Well, that's good. We can discuss Berklee and the application process. Have you started applying for scholarships?"

Jamie strolled away over to the piano. "Yeah," she mumbled as she sat on the bench. "I'm only doing it just in case." Jamie's fingers danced along the keys. "I'm already set for college, at least for the most part. Been set since I was 7."

"Parents?"

"Mhm..."

"You're lucky," he scribbled the last bit of information on the board. "Most kids don't get that luxury..."

Jamie's playing paused. "Yeah, I'm really lucky."

Prince could hear the disdain in her voice. He made his way towards her hopping on top of the piano, ready to probe. They had plenty of time and his curiosity wouldn't allow him to let this go. "Talk to me," he pressed.

The door to the room flew open and in walked a student she hadn't noticed before. Obviously, apart of a different graduating class.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought it was alright for me to come this hour," she gnawed on her bottom lip as she shifted on her heels.

"Oh, Kimberly," Prince hopped down from the piano. "It almost slipped my mind. C'mon in."

Jamie watched as the lower-classman slowly walked over to the nearby desk. Trying extremely hard, she was, but she held no shame in her game. A confident little thang indeed. Jamie giggled to herself as the girl eyed Mr. Nelson as if he were a piece of meat.

Hearing her lightly chuckle, the girl glared at her. "What," Jamie continued to giggle. "Need some water?" The girl rolled her eyes, bringing her focus solely on Mr. Nelson who broke down the basics of reading sheet music.

She watched on, playing softly a piece she'd been working on since the top of the school year. Her audition piece. Feeling adventurous she let her fingers naturally run along the keys. The melody that form caused her eyes to shoot open.

She dug in her bag for her manuscript. She needed to write it down, before the melody returned to wherever it came from the universe. She wrote down the first few notes on a blank page, before running through it again.

She soon found herself going through the piece in its entirety. Completely forgetting that her instructor was there teaching another student.

At least he was until he joined her. "Go here..."

As his fingers struck the last key, she pouted. What he played sent the song into a completely different direction. "No." Was the only thing she could manage to utter. "I get why you think it should, but no."

"Why not?"

"Because I said so..." She wanted this to be entirely her own. Did he need to know that? She didn't think it was crucial.

"Jamie, you gotta show range," he advised. "Give them something they won't expect."

"I know, Mr. Nelson," she shied away, watching him repeat the section.

"Just listen. You can't tell me that doesn't sound good," he smiled. "I mean c'mon!"

Jamie studied his hands, memorizing every key he struck as he played the section again. "I'll think about it, okay?"

"Hey," he nudged her. "That's all I ask, Jamie."

Jamie's cheeks reddened hearing the pet name he'd given her. It seemed as if it was time for him to be reminded of where they were. Yet, he beat her to the punch. "I know, mama. And she left right before I joined you," he assured. "Trust me. I'm careful. At least I try to be."

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

506 18 1
Have you read this?
58 0 19
Please read the new story.
16.7K 423 12
This is a surrera story !!
6K 4 40
It's a story! I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I love writing it! AMK♥