Sweet Temptations

By minnie_mouse262

Selene Perez grew up around men who were controlling and overwhelming. Abused by her ex-boyfriend and mentall... More

Sweet Temptations
Chapter Two
Chapter Three:
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
A Preview...
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Four

24.2K 541 58
By minnie_mouse262

Chapter Four

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here’s Chapter Four rewritten. Some things are still the same, however the scene with his family is completely different. I’ve rewritten it and nothing is the same. So be sure to read it over. I feel a lot more secure with the rewritten version. Sorry guys but I felt like the last one wasn’t really realistic enough for me. Thanks.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The next morning she awoke to the sound of loud knocks on her door, she groaned and sat up looking at the ripped shirt she wore from the night before and the shorts. She sighed and pulled the shirt over her head and took the shorts off going to the outfit that she had laid out the night before. She slid the dress on over her head and walked to the door. Looking through the peephole she sighed as she saw the moving people in their uniform. Opening the door, she looked at the men with narrowed eyes not trusting either one. She moved back letting them through the open door. She saw one of the men eyeing her closely.

She looked down and saw that she hadn’t completely pulled the dress down and her see through underwear were visible. She huffed and pulled it down completely letting it fall mid-thigh. She turned and walked to her room.

“You’ll find almost everything in my room. However, there are a few things out here.”

She walked back toward the room and heard the front door close. Instantly she was suspicious. She went over to her coat from the night before and in an instant had her knife in the palm of her hand. She wasn’t going down without a fight. One of the men walked into the room and grabbed a box carrying it out, she watched him closely. The other one who had eyed her came and looked over at her with a flirtatious smile. She glared at him in return. He picked up one of her grandmother’s boxes and she felt something within her stir.

“Please be really careful with those three boxes,” she said.

He nodded. “No worries, sweetie,” he said. “I’ll be extremely careful.”

She smiled. “Thank you,” she said and walked over to the bed pulling the sheets off.

She had already decided to trash them. They were old and she had a brand new set packed away. She went into the kitchen and over to the only garbage bag in the house and threw it away. As she stood there she looked out the window and decided to go stand next to the moving truck. It was looking a bit too suspicious outside. She walked out the door and down the stairs. When she stood in by the loading area, she saw one of the men who usually spoke to her watching her. She looked away. Looking at men sometimes gave them the idea that a girl was interested when in actuality she wasn’t. She had been through that experience before.

“You’re moving, mami?” she heard.

She looked up at and saw the man who had been staring at her, standing next to her. He wasn’t a bad looking man. He was actually very nice looking. However, there was something about him she noticed that was different today than it had been yesterday. It seemed more realistic to her now. It wasn’t necessarily that she could just point at him and scream he’s a drug dealer. She wasn’t even sure how she knew but something within her gut told her that she was dealing with the most feared man in the neighborhood and the most feared man in the neighborhood was the lead drug dealer. It wasn’t really explainable to her. She just had a more acute sense of awareness to her surroundings and the people in them.

It was almost as if something within her had turned on a light switch to a tunnel in which she could see into smaller details about this man and his life. Some of the more private aspects of his life were available to her and she didn’t know why. She could sense the violence that surrounded him and in a way see a slight red that surrounded him. She was surely hallucinating. There was no way in hell that she could possibly know that suddenly. She pushed her inner thoughts back ignoring them. It was possible that he was just a normal man and her imagination was going into overdrive. She shook her head slightly and blinked deciding to ignore the queerness of her thoughts and instincts.

She nodded. “Yeah I am,” she said.

He looked at her with a slight smile. “You know you could stay,” he said. “I’d be willing to do almost anything to keep a girl like you around, even pay your bills. You’re different than the other women around here and far more beautiful.”

She nearly rolled her eyes. “Well this neighborhood and I have our disagreements,” she said. “I’m moving, besides I don’t need a man to pay my bills. I pay them myself. I have a job that pays.”

“So I heard,” he said leaning against the truck. “Some of the guys saw you the other night at Joe’s. Unfortunately, I had business to take care of and I missed your naughty dance as they called it.”

She chuckled, letting her guard down slightly. She felt safe in that instance knowing that she was moving and wouldn’t be seeing him again. She felt safe to talk to him freely.  “Well it was a one-time shot. I was just filling in for someone. I’m a bartender not a stripper, so don’t get that idea in your head.”

“Oh I thought you were a stripper with an attitude,” he teased.

She shook her head at his silliness. “Nah, I serve drinks not my body,” she said.

He laughed. “You know I wish I would’ve had more time,” he said. “You seem like a cool person now that you’re not cussing me out.”

She laughed. “If I had more time I wouldn’t be talking to you,” she retorted.

He laughed. “Funny the one time I’m actually about to go to Joe’s and you quit…”

She rolled her eyes. “I’m still a bartender at Joe’s. I’m just moving out the neighborhood. Still don’t get your hopes on seeing me because I’m there strictly for work.”

He smiled. “Maybe I can change that,” he said.

She shook her head. “Nah I don’t need or want a man in my life,” she said.

He chuckled. “You won’t know that until you try being with one. You’ve shut yourself off from men with the complete idea that all of us are worthless.”

She opened her mouth to respond but he held up one finger.

“Don’t deny it. I know it’s true. I can see it in your eyes every day when you walk past me and my boys,” he said. “You look at us like we’re the dirt on the ground. They think you’re stuck up. I don’t think you are. I think someone hurt you really bad in the past and now you’re taking it out on all men. It isn’t fair to us but hey we all deal with our pain in different ways.”

She looked at him, staring into his eyes and she knew without a doubt in her mind that despite what he did he could relate to what she was had been through. She looked down at the ground. Everything he had said was true but it wouldn’t change anything. One man wasn’t going to change her opinion of the male population besides it had taken one man to get her to that opinion to begin with.

She shrugged. “True,” she said watching one of the moving men come down the stairs with two boxes stacked on top of each other neatly.

“We’ve lived in the same neighborhood for three years and never once exchanged names,” he said brushing a stray lock of hair from his forehead.

The movement drew her eyes back to him and she looked at his curly black hair as it blew gently in the light breeze. His brown eyes met hers and a smile crossed his face.

She looked away. “Selene,” she said silently.

“Zorro,” he said.

She looked up as one of the moving men came out the apartment.

“That’s everything, miss,” he said.

She nodded. “Thanks I’ll go take another look around and lock up,” she said.

She had just started to walk away when Zorro spoke.

“I’ll see you tonight, Selene,” he said smiling and walking away.

She shook her head and went up the stairs. Entering the apartment she looked around and opened cabinets and making sure they were empty. Seeing some food and other things in her cabinets, she dumped them in the trash bag along with any other food. She went to the room and made a quick scan and then slid under the bed and opened the floorboard, she grabbed the money that was under there and stuffed it into her bra, putting the board back and coming from under the bed with the flashlight. She looked up as she saw the moving man watching her closely. His eyes were on her legs as she came from under the bed.

She moved and stood to her feet holding the flashlight. “I always forget this thing,” she said hoping he wouldn’t guess she had gone under there for money.

He smiled. “Yeah we all forget small things sometimes. Can I have your number?” he asked.

She shook her head. “I don’t date or do friendships.”

The smile left his face and he looked at her with a glint in his eyes. “Maybe I can change your mind,” he said taking a step forward.

She moved back feeling adrenaline in her veins suddenly. He came forward and her foot made contact with his chest faster than she thought possible. She moved past him and out of the room going to the door and down the stairs. She dialed her landlord’s number and told him about her move and that the place was empty. When she came back down the stairs, she smoothed her hair and saw Zorro and all his friends watching her. She walked over to the other mover laying a hand on his arm.

“I don’t think I feel comfortable riding with your friend. He tried something while we were upstairs,” she said in a low voice.

He looked at her with wide eyes. “I’ve given that man chance after chance and he keeps doing this to all the women we help move. I’m sorry miss you won’t have to ride with him. I’ll have someone from the company come pick him up.”

“Thank you,” she said.

“No need to thank me. I just don’t want to see anything happen to you. He’s looked at you far longer than the others.”

She looked down and then got into the truck. He followed suit after talking to the man and someone else on the phone. As they left she looked around in the distance and waited. Thirty minutes later they were at her new address and he was helping her move everything in. She had just set the last box on the counter in the kitchen when she felt his presence. She knew without looking out the window or the door that Adrian was heading towards her house. She thanked the moving man and paid him quickly. She was rushing him out the house when she saw Adrian coming up the sidewalk.

She sighed and quickly grabbed the door to close it but found his foot in the way and his hand on the door. She looked at him and then around him at the sidewalk. How had he gotten up here so quickly? What did he think it was funny to do crazy things like that?

“What do you want now?” she snapped. “I thought I had gotten my point across last night.”

He shook his head grimacing at the memory. “No I don’t believe you did. Irritated me, yes but turned me from you, no.”

She groaned. “Leave now,” she said.

He looked down at her with a glint of confusion in his eyes. “Something’s different about you,” he said. “What did you do?”

She scoffed. The typical man to ask her what she had did because he thought she had changed.  “What do you mean what have I done?” she snapped. “You know what it doesn’t even matter, why don’t you just turn around and leave? I don’t want to see you, hear you, or deal with you.”

He arched an eyebrow and she pushed at the door trying to get it to close but his weight and strength were proving her useless. She sighed loudly becoming frustrated. Why the hell did he have to be so strong and fit? If he was weak she could have moved him without a problem. She pushed at the door again and he chuckled.

“Just give in, cara mia,” he said. “I want to welcome you to the neighborhood. I happen to know everyone in this neighborhood and soon you will too.”

She looked at him and laughed. “Now that’s where you’re wrong,” she replied. “I’m not interested in getting to know anyone. So you can just leave now…”

He shook his head and she growled anger filling her.

Adrian watched Selene with amused eyes. She was so sexy when she was angry. She had no idea what she did to him. Just the sight of her made him as hard as a rock. It wasn’t too often these days that he wasn’t hard. She just had that kind of effect on him. Every time he saw her in one of those sexy outfits of hers he wanted to fuck the hell out of her. He wanted to lift those sexy legs of hers up and spread them wide while he thrust in and out of her with the passion that filled him.

He wanted to be a part of her fully. He wanted to be her everything. She was already his everything. She was an important factor in his life. Ever since that day when she had first walked pass his car in that sexy outfit she wore. The way that her skin had gleamed under the sun, her hair moving in the breeze and that gentle sway to her hips showing her more feminine side had made him as hard as a rock. He had pictured her riding him as she called out his name.

He had yet to hear her say his name. He was determined to get her to do so. He didn’t care what he had to do to get her to do so. He wanted her to surrender to him with her heart, body and soul. He knew it wouldn’t be easy to get her to do so considering that she was one of those women who mistrusted men like there was no tomorrow. She didn’t seem to care about anything in the world if it involved a man. She fled from him like there was no tomorrow whenever he came around. That alone told him all that he needed to know. She was affected by him.

“So you’re telling me that you have no interest what so ever in meeting the men or women in this neighborhood?” he asked with an arched eyebrow.

She growled and he chuckled inwardly. She was a hell of a woman. She didn’t take bullshit from anyone. She had proved that last night when she had beaten the shit out of those two women. He was still curious to know why she was so angry at them. He knew without a doubt that it was more than them sleeping with that ex-fiancé of hers. The hate and disgust in her eyes towards those women last night had come from far more than just sleeping with a man. They had done something to her, just like the man from her past had. Between those two women and that man from the bar he knew that they had something to do with Selene being the way that she was.

She didn’t tolerate men. She didn’t want anything to do with them and he could see it in her eyes. It was in her posture and the way that she moved. She probably had no idea of it but whenever she was near a man she had the tendency of moving back away from them and bracing herself. It was a move that he had seen women make before but it wasn’t just for the hell of it. The women who moved like that were woman who had been beaten by men. He had no doubt in his mind that at some point in her life she had been abused by someone. He didn’t know who but he knew that when he found out who it was he was going to kick their ass and make them regret ever hurting his mate.

“I meant what I said now get the hell off of my doorstep,” she snapped.

He sighed. It was going to be a long and lengthy processing getting her into his arms and it was going to take even more to get her to accept him into her life. She was going to fight him like hell but he was just as determined as she was. There was no other outcome for him. She was his, rather she knew it or not. He wasn’t going to let her get away either. He had spent years searching for her. The woman that would complete and make him whole, a woman that would complete fully by filling the missing piece of his soul with her unconditional love and commitment to him.

“Fine I’ll leave but I’m coming back later with reinforcements,” he said grinning and turning on his heel.

He walked down the street and headed back to the manor that he shared with his family. He was the head of the house and alpha over a small amount of people. In total there were probably twenty people in the pack. They had all come together under different circumstances. He hadn’t always been a part of a pack. He had been alone for a long time before he had met up with his brothers again. Once he met up with them and saw some of their mates it had raised an issue within him. He started to recall just how lonely he felt. There had been no woman in his life just women he fucked for the hell of it.

Walking back into the mansion he was instantly surrounded by Aeneas and Alessandro, his other brother that had gone to the club with him the night before. They both looked at him with inquiring looks.

“Well?” Aeneas asked. “Did you prepare Selene for the family dinner that we’re having over at her house tonight?”

He shook his head bewildered for a moment. “No, I couldn’t even get past her door. She was determined and she told me no welcoming committee. She’s stubborn as fuck.”

Alessandro chuckled. “She will make an excellent addition to this family and oddly I think she’s all but too perfect for you. She won’t let you run all over her as you’ve done in the past with those other women.”

Adrian shook his head in disgust. “Of course some idiot in her past has her wary of men. I get the feeling that he used to beat her. Then of course those two women have made her lose trust in the female population. That woman has not a single friend and she seems to be happy that way.”

Another one of his brothers’ came into the room laughing. “I’ve heard your Selene hates your guts.”

“No she’s just doesn’t trust me or any other person for that matter, Arturo.”

Arturo looked at him. “You know of Adrienne’s past. She used to be the same way. I had a hard time getting past her barriers and guards that she put up but she’d be willingly to help you because nothing you’re doing is working. There’s nothing like another victim bonding with another. When have dinner over there tonight—“

“Shit,” he cursed. “We’ll have to go at five because she works tonight. I’m warning you. She’s going to be stubborn we’re going to have to bomb rush her.”

They all turned to look at the clock. It was just past one in the afternoon. They didn’t have anything cooked at all. And knowing his brothers’ mates they were going to be trying to put together a fancy meal that would take hours. He groaned and walked into the kitchen. He watched as Adrienne ran around chasing a cat from off the table while holding on to her very large stomach. She was seven months pregnant and she couldn’t do anything anymore without knocking things down, he thought it was hilarious.

“Adrian,” she said as the cat ran past him.

He smiled and pulled her into a loose hug. She hugged him back a smile on her face.

“So is dinner with your mate still at six?”

He shook his head. “We’re going to have do five. She’s working tonight and this is the only night that she won’t be able to avoid us rushing over and barging in.”

She frowned, resting one hand on her hip. “Alright well then Samoa and I had better get started. You’re going to help too. It’ll probably impress her to know that you can cook.”

“What I can’t—“

“Get your ass over and that grab that apron. We’re making a homemade Italian meal. Lasagna, your special herb breadstick, Alfredo pasta…” she trailed off tapping a finger on her chin as she continued to make up a menu from the back of her mind.

He sighed. Adrienne wasn’t going to stop regardless of what he told her. she was too busy on a rampage about the menu. “Adri,” he said calling her by her nickname. “Selene isn’t going to be impressed by a full course mean. She’s not going to be impressed by anything. She hates men with a passion. Something in her past…I think she was abused.”

Adrienne growled and slammed a skillet down onto the stove as she poured oil and garlic into it. “I hate bastards like that,” she said. “Women have enough problems…Maybe I can help her.”

He looked at her. “I hope so because right now I’m so screwed. She won’t even let me past her doorway.”

Adrienne laughed. “Finally a woman who can resist a D’Avranches’ man.”

He sighed. “Not for long,” he said with determination. Selene is mine and the sooner she realizes that I’m not leaving her the better off we’ll both be.”

Selene rolled over on her bed and slid her finger over the screen of her phone as she played Tetris. She was trying to distract herself to take her mind off of the Adrian and his sexiness. She couldn’t get him out of her thoughts. She showed a completely different side of herself to him. What she actually felt when he was around, she hoped didn’t show. She didn’t need him knowing that when he was around her, he sent her senses into over drive. He didn’t need to know that he aroused her to a certain depth.

She groaned and turned the game off. Throwing the phone across the bed, she looked around the room and saw her iPod lying on the top of the dresser in the room. This house was extravagant in its own way. When he had mentioned that it was fully furnished he hadn’t been joking. There was furniture in every corner of the house. She couldn’t get over the size and material of them either. They were obviously expensive pieces.

Leather sofas, blinds that moved with the touch of a remote, a dining room table that was large enough to feed a large family were just some of the pieces that were located around the house. The list went on and on. She was pretty sure that it wasn’t normal for a house to be so cheap and have the furniture that it had. The plasma flat screen in the living room itself had to be over one $1,000. It took up a great proportion of one of the walls in the living room. She was starting to think that she had been set up with the house. Adrian was obviously a man with money. He had expensive cars and lived in what appeared to be a mansion. He probably thought that he could go and buy her things that would make her feel obligated to repay him.

If he thought that buying this stuff was going to get her into his arms, he had another thing coming. She didn’t care that the stuff was probably worth more than the money that she had left over. If anything it was a reminder of the life of luxury that she had had while living with that bastard, Andrew. She couldn’t go to Adrian and excuse him of buying the things because he’d just deny it. So she’d keep the stuff but she wasn’t giving him anything for it. When she had bought the house the furniture had been included in the price.   

She sighed as she rolled over to the edge of the bed and slid off. Who was she kidding? She couldn’t get his face out of her mind or her dreams. He was all over her dreams and she couldn’t help it that last night she had dreamed of having hot sex with him. Sex that had her sexually fulfilled, waking up in the middle of the night with her panties soaked. She had to a grip on herself. She needed to find something that would absorb all of her attention and her mind. Walking over to the dresser she grabbed her iPod and put in the headphones, scrolling down the list she stopped when she got to Beyoncé’s name. Looking through the sixty something songs she had by Beyoncé she pushed play and “Poison” filled her ears.

Turning up the volume slightly, she started to sing along. Walking out of the bedroom, she went down the stairs and started to dance slightly to the music. She tuned into the music and closed her mind off to everything except the music in her ears. She put her soul into singing the music. She could relate to the song completely. If she let Adrian near her, he’d be like poison moving through her system and slowly breaking through her defenses with time.

She jumped as through the headphones she heard loud knocking on the front door. She sighed. She had no doubt it was Adrian with his reinforcements, which was probably his two brothers. She was tempted to ignore the disturbance to her peace but she knew that he’d just continue to knock. She pushed one of the headphones out and stomped over to the door as the song changed to “One plus One.” She growled under her breath. What the hell did he want now? What would it take to make him leave her alone? Did she need to get a baseball bat and beat it into him? Damn he was a stubborn man.

Turning the locks on the door, she pulled the door open and narrowed her eyes. She was prepared to snap on Adrian, but it wasn’t Adrian at the front of the door. It was a beautiful brunette with black hair, large grey eyes and a big protruding stomach. She was holding a pan that gave off the delicious whiff of lasagna. She looked at the woman with confusion for a moment. What the hell was a pregnant woman doing standing on her doorstep. It probably had something to do with Adrian and his welcoming committee. She looked past the woman and did a double take when she saw Adrian and seven other men who all resembled him. She gulped.

Could all of them possibly be his brothers? They all had the same dark hair even though their features were slightly different. All of them were way taller than her and one of them had a hand resting on the pregnant woman’s stomach. She heard a slight movement from the back of the group and saw three women push forward. Her eyes widened as she realized this was a welcoming committee for her. They were all here because of Adrian. He had no doubt drawn them all here to meet her.

She didn’t need a welcoming committee. They all had to go. She didn’t need to meet new people.

“Can I help you with something?” she asked in a cold voice.

She was hoping that being mean and cold they would all leave without hesitation. Cold behavior often made people feel unwanted and offended and in return they often left. She was hoping they were no different. Her mind raced back to one simple fact. That fucker had brought his whole family it would appear to meet her. he had brought them along and in her eyes he was making a bold statement. He was declaring to her without words that she was going to be a part of his life rather she wanted to or not and it was pissing her off.

She clenched her jaw and her eyes met his in the crowd. She narrowed them at him and a grin broke out across his face. She turned her attention back to the pregnant woman. “Can I help you with something?” she repeated through clenched teeth.

The woman laughed. “Adrian she’s beautiful,” was the woman’s reply.

 “I’m going to take that to mean that there’s nothing I can help you with,” she said and started to close the door.

To her surprise the man standing by the pregnant woman put one hand on the door and it wouldn’t budge. She sighed loudly.

“Look I don’t have time for this. If you’re here to welcome me to the neighborhood then you’ve come to the wrong house. I don’t do welcoming committees, friends or neighborly things so it’d be best if you left,” she snapped.

The man chuckled and the woman gave a light laugh.

“Well then,” she said. “You’re not willing to try my lasagna?”

She shook her head. “I know how to cook and I don’t accept gifts from anyone. Ever. So you can all leave.”

The man shook his head.

Selene growled in return. What the hell was wrong with these people? It was no doubt in her mind that they were kin to that arrogant, presumptuous asshole. They were showing to be just as stubborn and persistent as him.

“My name is Adrienne, Selene. It’s a pleasure to meet you,” the pregnant woman said. “We’re here to have dinner with you and of course welcome you to the neighborhood.”

She clenched her fist. They were obviously using selective hearing and she didn’t want to deal with that as of right now. She didn’t want to deal with this damn family or their brother. She just wanted to leave in peace.

“I do not need to be welcomed into this neighborhood,” she said. “I don’t know which part you don’t understand about that but there will be no dinner or anything along those lines. Bye.”

She tried closing the door but this time the man just pushed past her and walked in the others marching in behind him. She stood there for a moment her jaw hanging open, before she moved her mouth to speak. No sounds came out, her mouth just opened and closed as she watched them. She took a deep breath and Adrian was standing in front of her. He looked down at her with a smug grin.

“I told you I’d be back with reinforcements, cara mia,” he said running a finger over her bottom lip.

That snapped her out of her stupor and she smacked at his hand, anger coursing through her veins as she looked first at him and then at his family. If a person could see red then that’s what she would be seeing. She couldn’t believe this people. They were invading her personal privacy without her permission. She had told them to leave and they hadn’t listened. They weren’t listening to a single thing that she wanted and it was making her angry. She looked at them all and pointed at the door.

“Get out! I don’t want or need you here. I don’t appreciate this!”

Adrian laughed and it brushed against her skin sending a shiver of desire through her. She huffed and that added fuel to her anger. She wasn’t supposed to be lusting after him. She stepped forward and poked him in the chest with one finger. This was his entire fault. Damn him for being so fucking stubborn. She hadn’t asked for him to come into her life and turn everything upside down. She had a strict policy and he was already finding ways around some of them. It wasn’t acceptable.

“This is your entire fucking fault. I told you no welcoming committee, but you’re a hard head motherfucka. You don’t listen to a thing I say. Not even when I tell you I’m not interested. Well this time you will! You and your family can start by getting the hell out. I’m not interested in anything involving you or your family!”

She looked up at him her frame shaking with anger as she glared at him. Something that oddly looked a lot hurt flashed through his eyes. She felt guilty for a moment but pushed it back. She wasn’t the one who had barged in invading the privacy of his home. She was justified in all that she was feeling. It wasn’t normal what these people were doing. his stalker tendencies obviously ran in the family.

“Selene you’re blowing things out of proportion,” he said evenly. “There is nothing wrong with coming over to have dinner with—“

She cut him off. “There is when you’re not welcome over,” she snapped her voice shaking with rage.

She pushed him and to her surprise he flew back some feet. She looked down at her hands and assumed that he done the over exaggerating himself. He just wanted her to feel bad. She stormed over to him and his family.

“This is called invasion of the property. I can have the lot of you arrested for this. Leave!” she snapped.

Adrian looked up at with surprise and she glared at him. “Out!”

He looked at her and for the first time, she saw something other than the look of stubbornness he gave her. He was looking at her with something akin to awe. She inhaled deeply and reached down grabbing his arm. She lifted him up and started pushing him toward the door. They obviously weren’t going to leave without assistance. If she had to push them all out one by one, so be it.

She dragged him almost the way to the door before his feet started dragging. She tugged on him and he wouldn’t move. She stepped back and pointed at him and then the door. She watched shocked as he went flying through the door. She heard his grunt of shock when his backside landed on the porch. He looked up at her with a coldness in his eyes and she brushed off the idea that she had done it. He must have jumped out the door in an effort to impress her. She shrugged and turned around to face his family. They were all looking at her with shock.

Then a growl ran through one of the brothers’ chest. “What have you done to him?”

She glared at him a growl going through her own chest. “What have I done to him?” she shouted. “I didn’t do anything to that bastard! He escorted himself out with a little assistance. Perhaps you need a little assistance!”

He growled and stepped forward. She took a step forward anger coursing through her veins. He thought he was going to threaten and disrespect her in her own home? She glared at him and saw the disbelief in his eyes.

“Adrian would never jump out of a door!”

“So what are you saying?” she yelled. “You know what it doesn’t matter! Get the fuck out!”

She pointed to the door and he growled. She growled back and sent her hands forward to push him. He went through the air and landed on his butt. She glared at him as Adrienne ran over to him. She looked at the rest of them. She felt like her blood was boiling. As anger filled her to the rim, she felt as if she was in the middle of a hot day in Arizona. Her body temperature was rising and the necklace was burning against her chest.

The tension in the room picked up as Adrienne glared at her. None of their eyes moved from her. They were looking at her with equal levels of awareness.

“Arturo maybe its best that we just leave,” one of the other women said. “She doesn’t want us here.”

One of the other brothers’ stepped forward. “You’re right,” he said warily. “We intruded and it wasn’t fair of us. We should have been more precautious. I apologize in the stead of the family.”

He stepped past her watching her warily. She looked at him confused. He was watching her as if he thought she was going to harm him at any moment. She started to slightly calm down as he apologized. It wasn’t a complete reprieve from what they did but he had apologized on some level. He was acknowledging that they were wrong and it calmed her down a bit. She put her hands down at her sides and they all left one by one. Adrienne and the man Arturo looked at her with narrowed eyes as they passed and she narrowed her eyes at them in response. She slammed the door behind them both and locked the door.

Damn that man and his family. She wanted felt like cursing them to hell, but she didn’t. That was one disruptive family. They were weird just like he was to top it all off. They were stubborn without even the slightest hesitation. They were using to having the upper hand and being obeyed. They were rich so what else was there to say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 134 42
I moved back to the town I grew up in. I once thought I found the love of my life in high school, it all came crashing down when he betrayed me. It w...
2.5M 92.5K 118
{18+ COMPLETED} THREE BOOKS IN ONE. "What are you doing?" I ask and he raises an eyebrow. "What do you think?" Brett retorts, grabbing hold of my wai...
715K 18.8K 42
*SMUT WARNING* "Breathe, baby, just breathe. You got it. Just inhale and exhale. You've been doing it all your life. You can take it. They're just fi...
355K 18.7K 39
Five years ago, Gabrielle left Castle Rock to follow her high school sweetheart and the father of her child to college. After he walks out of their l...