Wild Ones - Teen Wolf fan fic

By brandyn

My name is Artemis McCob. I'm 17 and I'm an orphan. I've been jumping from foster home to foster home since I... More

Wild Ones - Teen Wolf fan fic
Intro
Rough Start
First Day - Part One
First Day - Part Two/Mirror-Me
Magna Carta Libertatum
Party... or not.
Study
"A"
Batman - the daring rescue
Right here
Anemic
Sorry
Crazy
Strangers
Messenger
Dead or Alive
Prove it
How?
Home
[Hold Notice]
Authors note
Update 2013
Long Day
The Test
Lost & Found
Change
Just a heads up.
Control
Inevitable
Request
Plan
New
46
Admission
Echos
Next
Sawdust
Screamer
Man On Fire
Recalibrate
Fin
Hey
Wild Ones 2: De-Void

Heat

4.3K 142 7
By brandyn

The outside lights were on as I pulled up the driveway. My hands shook as I unfastened my seatbelt and took my keys from the ignition. A coppery after taste still lingered on the back of my tongue. I slowly walked up the walkway and up the steps to the front door.

"Where the hell have you been? You look like shit." I glanced to my right to see Mal perched precariously on the porch railing, typing away on her iPhone. I said nothing and grasped the door handle. "She's gunna kill you, ya know. She's been waiting to hear from you for hours." I could hear the smile on her lips as she spoke. A ripple of annoyance threatened to burn through the numbness that had taken residence inside me. The warmth I had felt along my spine still hadn't left, and I could feel it slowly spreading up the back of my neck. Taking a silent breath, I ignored Mal and pushed the door open. The lights in the house were near blinding after being out in the dark for so long. The lingering smell of what must have been supper still hung thick in the air. The tv was on, blasting the news. I carefully shut the door behind me hoping to be silent, but not obviously sneaky. I crept quietly to the base of the stairs and began my ascent.

"Artemis?" I froze. 'Damn' I thought, grimacing inwardly as I slowly turned to face a very angry looking Elle, standing in the entry way to the kitchen with her hands on her hips. "I have been texting and calling you all day! Do have any idea how worried I've been?!" She gave me her signature mother hen look, pursed lips and cocked eye brow. I didn't bother with a response and turned on my heel and continued up the steps. The warmth in my spine was growing uncomfortable and I could feel the burning in my throat beginning again. I needed to stay as far away from people as possible. Especially Elle.

"Hey! I'm not done talking to you yet! Aren't you going to tell me where you've been?" Elle called, rushing up the stairs after me.

"There's nothing to tell." I growled, keeping my head down and picking up the pace once my bedroom door was in sight. Just a few more feet and she'd be safe. But that thought was shattered when Elle's hand caught my arm, spinning me to face her.

"Artemis! Tell me where in the hell you've - Oh my god!" I looked up to her face in panic, remembering Robert's comment, 'Your eyes!'. But she wasn't looking at my face. Her eyes were on the collar of my jacket. "Is that blood?! Oh my god! Missy are you hurt?! What happened?!" I jerked my arm out of her loosening grip and stormed to my room muttering over my shoulder as she stood at the top of the stairs in shock.

"It's not my blood. Some guy crashed and I helped him." I slammed the door shut and locked it behind me before leaning against it and sliding to a sitting position on the floor. I knotted my hands in my hair as I felt the tears boil over, the numbness completely shattered as images of Robert Paul Thompson laying on the road, staring at the night sky in horror filled my head.

"Is the man okay? Did he get to a hospital?" Elle called through the door. I took a breath to steady myself before answering.

"No. He, uh... He died." I said, wincing when my voice cracked. I dropped my head against my knees and bit back the sobs that threatened to reduce me to rubble. I had killed a man. I had killed a man with thirty two dollars in his pocket and a beautiful woman probably waiting for him at home. How long would she have to wait before she got the call from the sheriff's office?

"Oh, Honey. I'm sorry. I didn't know. You weren't answering your phone. I was just so... And Mal said you were probably... Are you okay? Do you wanna talk?" Elle wiggled the doorknob, but didn't persist.

"No. I'm okay." I said clearing my throat and wiping away the tears that had escaped. "I'm just gunna go to bed. Good night!" There was a long pause.

"O- okay. Goodnight, Missy." I waited until I heard her footsteps fade, before clambering to my feet and walking to my mirror. I froze at what I saw.

I was looking at me, but at the same time I wasn't. The me looking back was... Different. Where there had been dark circles and makeup smudges for the last week, there was perfection. My eyes were bright and wide in shock. My skin was smooth and even toned. Even my hair was different. Silky smooth where before it had been dry and messy. The color even seemed somehow warmer. I turned my head from side to side, to get different angles, but nothing changed. 'What was Mal talking about? I look better than I ever have!' I thought, with a hint of bemused smugness. That's when the rusty colored stain caught my eye. I pulled at my collar to see that blood now stained both my jacket and my under shirt. My throat throbbed at the sight. I tore off the jacket and my shirt, tossing them away as if they were on fire. I glanced back at my reflection again. I couldn't deny the satisfaction I felt as I saw the change was not only to my head, but to the rest of me as well. The skin along my arms was fairer than before, the scars from years of shenanigans gone. The scar that once marred the smooth skin of my hip was nothing more than a memory. I felt as though I was seeing myself for the first time. Shaking my head, I hurriedly grabbed a tank and a pair of yoga pants and hurried to my bathroom to shower. I could only hope a hot shower would ease my mind after my crazy night.

~ • ~

*tap tap tap

My eyes snapped open. I quickly sat up and glanced around the room.

*tap tap tap tap

"What the hell?" I groaned, climbing out of bed to check my bedroom door. I swung it open to find Mal standing there in her short shorts and tank top.

"What do you want Mal? And no, you can't use the car. It's 3:30 in the freaking morning." I grumbled, rubbing the back of my neck, which was still noticeably warm. Without a word, she pushed past me and walked to my bed, where she plopped down and sat cross legged. Sighing, I shut my door and sat beside her.

"Mal, what do you want?" She smirked and turned her body to face me.

"I want the deets." I stared dumbly at her for a few moments.

"The 'deets'? I have no idea what you are talking about..." Then it clicked. The deets. She wanted details. Details about Robert's death. I stared at her in shock and disbelief. Her smirk widened as the dawning crossed my face.

"So? Was it gruesome? Did he say anything? What were his last words? Did he do the death rattle thing?" Her eyes were bright with ignorant excitement. The warmth in my spine spiked, flowing freely through my limbs and up my neck, making me feel as though I was about to combust.

"Get out." It came out as barely a whisper. I realized my hands were in my lap, clenched into fists hard enough for my nails to break the skin of my palms. The burning in my throat raged with thirst and fury. 'This ignorant bitch woke me at three am to tell her the details of my darkest moment? Breathe, Missy. Breathe.' I felt myself having an internal war.

"Oh, come on. It's selfish to keep the details to yourself. Please?! I won't tell a soul." Mal reached out and placed a hand on my forearm. Before I realized what was happening, I had her pinned to my bedroom door by her throat with one hand. My other hand was knotted in the hair at the back of her neck, forcing her head back. I gasped, but did not release my hold on her. Her eyes were wide in shock as she was forced to study my ceiling. After her mind caught up with us, she began struggling, clawing at my hand around her throat and her legs kicking at me and the door.

"Arte- mis. P-please." She wheezed, struggling to speak under my grip. I slowly released her and stepped back.

"Get. Out." I all but snarled. She rubbed her neck where my hand had been. It would surely bruise. I couldn't give a damn less. I was moments away from separating her pretty blonde head from her slim shoulders. She looked up at me first in fear, but her fear was quickly replaced with unbridled hatred.

"You just made a huge mistake. HUGE!" She shouted, reaching behind her to clasped the door knob. She swung the door open and ran out in the direction of Elle and Brent's room, screaming, "Brent! Elle! Help me! Brent!"

I forced myself not to follow her, which was difficult seeing as my prey drive was urging me to stalk after her. I was losing it. I felt my teeth begin to ache as my fangs longed to make an appearance. I needed to get away from this house. But where to go? I didn't have time to think on it, before Brent rounded the corner looking furious.

"What the fucks the matter with you?! Choking out Mal?! Are you insane?! It's three- almost four in the fucking morning!" He stepped right up to me, toe to toe, his face inches from mine. I didn't flinch. I didn't even breath, for fear of losing control. I closed my eyes, focusing on my breathing and not ripping his throat out. But my concentration was shattered when Brent jabbed a finger in to my shoulder.

"Are you even listening?! One more toe out of line-" Before he could finish his threat, I had grabbed his arm and twisted until it made a satisfying snapping sound and I kicked his knees out from under him. I stared wide eyed at Brent kneeling at my feet, cradling his arm and crying out in pain. I took several steps back, until the back of my knees hit my mattress making me sit. I watched as Elle rushed forward to help Brent. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. I couldn't hear anything. I could see their lips moving, but I couldn't hear any sounds. I watched as Brent pushed Elle away, as she ran from the room in search of a phone, as Mal stood in the door way speechless. The burning in my throat was an inferno, threatening to engulf me in flames. The heat just under my skin was unbearable. Everything started going dim. The last thing I saw was Elle on the phone, standing over Brent in a state of panic.

"I'm sorry." I croaked as I let the dark take me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164 26 15
A long flight to America it's also a big move from Australia, April and I are going to live there not sure how long though but there is a little plac...
1.5K 2 25
He was fire and she was ice. "𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕒 𝕓𝕚𝕥𝕔𝕙!" "𝕄𝕒𝕪𝕓𝕖. 𝔹𝕦𝕥 𝕀'𝕞 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕀'𝕞 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕪. 𝕊𝕠 𝕚𝕥 𝕕𝕠𝕖𝕤𝕟'𝕥 𝕣𝕖�...
498 37 16
Well Beacon Hills just got a whole lot more dangerous. __________________________________________________ This is a Teen Wolf fan fiction and I will...
3.5K 43 8
You could feel something, but you weren't too sure whether it was a bad thing or a good thing. Lying on the couch you looked out the window, the weat...