Madara Uchiha | the thorns in...

By NarutosAkatsuki

[COMPLETED] *book one in the Uzumaki series* Tomomi Uzumaki only has one close friend. And he's an Uchiha... More

1. part one
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18. part two
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
QUESTION AND ANSWER CHAPTER
27.
28.
29.
30.
31. part three
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38. Finale
STORY NEWS

8.

3K 136 22
By NarutosAkatsuki

1K milestone! Thank you :)

Lol funny story - the other night I was attempting to add some more to a draft chapter of this book I had written that's very important ;) and I managed to fall asleep for a couple of minutes with the screen on (mobile app) and somehow pressed the 'publish' button which then published it :/ thankfully I woke up very quickly after and deleted it but omg I feel dumb af doing that hahaha I don't want people getting spoilers!!!!

~~~~~

There was no danger around us as we sat side by side facing a small blazing campfire, father was not around to find us out. No stresses it would seem as I stared into the dancing flames, mind wandering from yesterday's sparring with Madara, to my sisters whereabouts and then regrettably to a familiar haunting imagine that I always found in the fire.

I stared out into the open never ending field, peering through the smoke towards the darkness that was covered with tiny sparkling dots.

"Do you believe in visions?" I rubbed my palms together smoothly, directing my question to Madara quietly.

"I believe there may be a higher level of existence which effects our spiritual being, maybe visions are an effect of it."

His answer was interesting to say the least, a higher power? Maybe a god or a force that controls our spiritual realm?

"I keep seeing something...distressing," the air felt thinner, like it was being held barely together by a slowly wearing string.

"What is it?"

I examined my glowing hand below, searching the faint veins that climbed their ways across my skin like a stain of ink across paper.

"When I look into the fire, I see myself...dead." The words hung from my tongue heavily, the dryness of my eyes now being glazed over with slight moisture.

"Who killed you?"

"I don't know..."

I sighed letting my eyes closed with the force of distress pressing into my head.

"You'll be safe," Madara's soft voice cut through the tension in the air. A cool breath made its way into my lungs when I gazed into the furnace of flames once again steadily.

"That's what I hope."

I shivered harshly under the nervousness and cold breeze that brushed its way past me quietly. And it surprised me when Madara wrapped his arm across my shoulders, his cloak following his hand allowing it to drape across my back. I lowered my head to hide the smile that lined my lips at the action, it amused me. Our bond amused me.

Madara, the big bad Uchiha who has killed many and is slightly unpredictable in composure, spends most of his days hanging out with an Uzumaki enemy who is supposedly not suppose to be an enemy to his clan anymore. And then he keeps her warm with his cloak as they sit out in the night free from the stress that the Uzumaki father would find out and forever disown his daughter for her deceiving.

A distressed pair who waddle in each other's company, as they break clan expectations and build their long friendship around secrecy. That's not something you hear happening everyday in this world. Perhaps I was exaggerating our situation as well.

What would have happened if I had never met Madara? The concept sent an unpleasant flutter into my stomach.

We sat together throughout most of the night, until Madara announced he had to leave because the Uchiha were having an important meeting that night.

"I'll visit you before your father returns," he said, running a hand through his thick hair.

"I'll see you then, Pin-Head."

"Bye Tomomi." I watched his back as he walked away, his cloak swaying in the wind gracefully and slowly merging into the darkness.

I smiled sadly. The disappearance of his presence forever seemed to disappoint me.

After Madara left I remained in my spot in front of the slowly dying fire embers, weakly observing the surviving flames, dancing around each other like strands of grass in the wind. I craned my neck down to the bottom of my dress, where tiny, proud Uzumaki clan symbols swirled along the edge. The thought of my father being due home in the next couple of days sent waves of anxiety through my chest.

I love my father, even though it may be hard to at times, and the whole ordeal with clans lately puts him in a lot of danger. And myself, sister and mother.

Things will never be the same.

A slow shiver crawled its way from my cheeks down to my legs, just as the sudden push from the night breeze rushed its way into me, scattering my hair and garments into the air.

It's late, I should leave.

With that thought I managed to pull myself from the ground tiredly and throw a handful of soil onto the fire messily. It didn't put out the coals but they would die down soon enough.

I sighed and stretched my slightly aching back with a groan. I was exhausted, the thought of falling asleep in my warm bed was the only idea that occupied my mind as I trudged back towards my house through the moonlit field.

I wandered silently through the swaying grass with a fast pace, occasionally scanning the field until I made it to the tree line where my property laid behind.

Relief filled me when I came into view with the dark building I called home and I took off into a small jog to the back door, a small smile resting on my lips.

I wonder how quickly Madara can make it to his house?

Obviously he's a better ninja than me so he must have super speed or something that gets him go places quickly. Or maybe he's a loser and walks home like me.

"Tomomi you're finally back," my mothers voice called beside me as I entered the house with a sigh. I jumped in surprise making her chuckle.

"It was getting late," I replied turning to my mother who sat at the table with a book and a cup of tea. "What are you reading?" I asked, walking over to the fireplace for its warmth.

"A techniques book about how to increase speed when fighting."

"Sounds interesting...why are you reading it?" I raised my eyebrows in curiosity.

She smiled warmly and closed the book softly. "I'm going to teach you how to be faster."

"When fighting?"

"Yes, having speed is a massive and important advantage in combat. If you're not fast enough, you will be in trouble. But if you're faster than your opponent, you can surprise them and dominate a fight."

"I see...."

"Go to sleep now, we'll make arrangements in the morning."

"Where is Tomoko?" I started to walk towards the hallway but kept slight eye contact with her.

"She is in her room," mother answered, taking a sip from her tea calmly.

"Thank you, goodnight mother." I bowed my head as did she and exited the room.

On my way to my own room I passed Tomoko's and noticed the door was wide open. I looked inside to see her sitting on her bed with a scroll between her hands, staring absentmindedly.

"Tomoko?" I called softly to not scare her. She looked up quickly at me in surprise and closed the scroll.

"Yes Tomomi?" Her small voice made its way across the room faintly to me as her bright eyes gazed at me stealthily.

"I'm going to bed, I'll see you tomorrow," she nodded her head.

"Goodnight then," I gave her a smile before waving and exiting her room, closing the door gently behind me.

What was she reading?

I was curious since if she was reading a scroll, it either meant it was a message or information, both would be important.

Maybe tomorrow I can find out.

I entered my room and closed my door tiredly before trudging over to my bed heavily. The fireplace in my room was lit thankfully creating a warm glow to fill the air, eliminating the pinching breeze that was found outside.

I slowly removed my coat and dress with contentment feeling the heavy layers removed and being left in a thin gown that kept a comfortable amount of warmth across my body.

I didn't have much motivation to do anything other than wash my face and teeth in the small basin in the corner of my room and climb under the thick cover on my bed. Softly placing my head comfortably in my pillows I sighed deeply, snuggling into my blankets and curling my legs towards my chest slightly. I stared at the burning wood across from me until my eyes began to sting and start to water.

I don't know what I want anymore.

I was stressed and anxious so regularly lately that I felt I would never be able to fall asleep. The familiar panic began to build up in my chest causing me to cough forcefully and roll over in an attempt to dismiss it.

I need to control myself, I will not succumb to this.

I squeezed my eyes shut harshly and hugged my pillow closer as a tear made its way down my cold cheek. I slowed my breathing and then rolled once again onto my back and stared at the dimly lit ceiling painfully.

I wish I had someone to hold me until I  fell asleep.

~~~~~

I'm sorry for such a long wait! It's been ages I swear! :'(

Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter even though not much happened! Comment your thoughts and see you next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 6.2K 22
Kuzuryu Nao, the 2nd daughter of the head of her clan, is sent to marry the head of the Uchiha clan Uchiha Madara to strengthen the bonds of the two...
405K 15.4K 28
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
1K 98 18
About a year after the 4th ninja war, an unknown family settled down in the outskirts of the beautiful village of Konoha. Although they try to live a...
1.4K 90 18
Growing up in wartime was hard for everyone, be them adults or children alike; Saruyama Senju was no exception. She had seen people come and go so ma...