Wish (COMPLETE)

By HunterOwl

A Wish Everyone has a wish Even a man who we thought has no more humanity left in him He who we told our chil... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
?

Chapter 4

77.9K 2.3K 260
By HunterOwl

Angela POV

"What?" I whisper.

My face turn into a horror one and my head was refusing to believe such words.

"Roman Aurelio? How long was he here?" The police asked shocked and he look at the older kids.

"Only around thirty minutes maybe." The boy with brown hair said.

"Why didn't you call earlier?"

"We tried to but the guy with blonde hair, Stefen Miguel warn us not to use a single phone while their here."

"Didn't you all try calling quietly?"

"We wanted to but he crushed each of our phone."

They showed the police where there's a pile of broken phones on the ground.

"We receive a call twenty minutes earlier by a guy name David Johnson. Do you know him?"

"No, but we think it was Stefen who called you because after he used his phone, he stomp it and throw it into the river."

A short kid point to the left where a river is at. The police ask them questions and they answered it.

My mind was in a mess right now and I feel like I wanted to black out then and there.

What is going on? They can't be real right? His a nice guy, there's no way he would kill Mrs. Callahan.

Then I remember when he left me in the kitchen with this blonde guy name Stefen.

~*~*thirty minutes earlier*~*~

After Roman left me alone in the kitchen, I walk to the dining table and put the cream and gauze that I found inside a drawer of the shelf.

A footsteps enter the kitchen and the blonde guy entered look at me while I applied the cream on my hand carefully.

He lean against the wall and look while I hiss and bite my lip when the pain was still unbearable to hold back.

BANG!

I startle in my seat at the sound of door slamming and look at the archway, the guy who's leaning on the wall just scratch his jaw and look at my hand.

"What was that?" I said quietly and was about to go and see what's going on when the guy from before suddenly place his hand on my shoulder and push me down back.

"Let me help you with your hand." He said and walk to the small kitchen.

A sound coming from behind me and a large veiny hand place the ice wrap in a towel on my hand. I look at the blonde guy who kneel beside me.

"Here."

He carefully take my hand and wait until my hand feel numb. He then wipe the wetness away carefully and applied the cream on my skin. After that he warp the gauze around my hand and clean the things on the table.

"Thank you mister...." I said and wait for him to tell me his name.

He turn around after he put the cream on the counter and wash his hands.

"Miguel. Stefen Miguel." He told me and I smile at him.

"Thank you Mr. Miguel, I'm Angela. An Orphan here."

He nodded his head and lean back against the wall with his head resting against it.

I wanted to talk to him but it seems he was a quiet type. So we just stay in silence before I lay my head down to rest for a while.

~*~* Present *~*~

I look at my injured hand and clutch it against my chest.

Were they robbers? But the car they drove looks expensive, there no way a robber has that car. Let alone and expensive looking suit.

My mind was going a mile a minute and the whole time my mind was suspicious about the two men. They looks like to be famous and yet I don't know anything about them at all.

After a few more minutes, The ambulance drove away with the police car and two new polices came and stay behind taking care of us orphans for a while until they find a replacement for Mrs. Callahan position.

I'm currently inside my room sitting at my desk and stare at my phone laying on it.

My hands keep twitching of wanting to touch my phone and google this people but my head is screaming no.

Closing my eyes, I saw darkness for a while before a pair of dark eyes staring back at me making me gasp and my eyes fly open.

I look at the empty wall in front of me and I was feeling all kind of emotions. Happy because my stomach feels like butterflies flying around. Scared of this man because they say he killed Mrs. Callahan. Confuse of why my heart beats a different tune. And frustrated because my head is yelling me to stay away from him.

I'm in a mess right now.

I bang my head on the desk and push the phone away. Standing up from my chair, I sigh and plop down on my bed.

Rolling around on my blue bed, I thought about Mrs. Callahan's death earlier. They say they found her dead body sitting in a chair with bullet hole that went straight through her head and blood was flowing down, dripping onto her clothes. Thinking about her death reminds me of someone who was close to her, Mrs. Callahan's mother.

She was sweet and caring old lady, she use to bake and cook for us all and sometimes tell fairytales stories every afternoon.

I would always went to the kitchen and help her with cooking when I was 12 years old. She'd told me about her late husband and how they meet, I always listen and watch as she talk so romantically about him. How I want to have a romantic relationship like that.

Sadly, she's no longer with us but her words will forever be inside my head as she look at me on her death bed holding my hand and smile softly.

"My child, Listen carefully. A heart is a gold, hidden inside those chest with cage. For one day, A beast will come to take for it is pure. Careful, Beware. As the beast is near by, waiting and ready to pounce. But rem- "

Knock knock knock

I stare at the door and sit up as it open and a male with brown eyes poke his head in.

He eyes meet mine and he entered inside with his whole police uniform on display

"You hungry?" He asked and push the door even wider.

"A little?" I said and stand near him.

"Well, we brought some food down stairs and I actually coming to get you as they say that another kid is up here. The others already start eating." He said and walk out waiting for me.

I nodded my head and take my phone on the desk and walk out closing my door then follow him from behind.

"There are a bunch of pizza and sodas on the table. It's two pepperoni and two classic cheese pizza and then two bottles of cokes and another two mountain dews. Anyways, your not allergic to anything do you?"

He said while heading down the stairs and entering the kitchen where there are loud noise of clattering and chatting happening in one large dinning table.

I step inside and scan the whole room. Taking the plate that the police guy pass me with pepperoni on it, I walk to the living room quietly and sit down on one of the arm chairs near the window.

Noises from the dinning room was still loud but it didn't bother me. I watch as the raindrop hits the window and taking a bite on my pizza.

When did it rain anyway?

"You like being alone?"

I turn my head and the police guy from before is standing on the archway between the hallway and the living room. I smile at him.

"Not really, but I do enjoy a quiet atmosphere." I said and he sat at the large sofa beside me.

He place his gun and hat on the table then unbutton the first button of his uniform and sighing before running his hand through his black hair.

I look at his feature and his one gorgeous guy.

Black hair is messily on top of his head, tan skin with muscles that look like it might tear of the clothes on his biceps. Brown eyes looking at the celling and I must say, those pink lips are soft and plump looking.

"I see, It's the same for me. I like a quiet and comfortable atmosphere too."

I take a bite from my pizza and smile while munching before I swallow it.

"I'm Angela." I said and place the plate down before extending my hand offering a hand shake.

He stare at it and I was getting worried that I invade his personal space.

Maybe too early to be this friendly? Well like everything didn't happened so fast today as well doesn't it?

I was about to pull my hand away but a large and warm hand engulf my small once like a glove.

He shake it a little and look at me with his brown eyes.

"How about you guess my name Angela?" He said let go of my hand slowly letting me feel those rough fingers.

"So it's a guessing game now? Okay!" I said excitedly and fold my arms on my chest acting like a detective.

"Hmm... from the looks of your figure.... Marcus?....how about Anthony?.......James?....Chris?....."

I keep saying every name that pop in my head as I look at him. Each and every single one he shake his head no and I was getting tired.

"Not even Captain America?" I said jokingly making he shake his head and in his eyes, there's an amusement dancing around in it.

I huff and look at his face.

"You don't smile much do you." It was a statement and he seem to be in a thought about it.

"I never really smile." He said and look out the window.

"Not even when a person tells a joke?" I ask shock and he nod his head.

"Just the way I am."

"That crazy! Even in a day, If I don't smile. I feel guilty."

I said and tuck a hair behind my ear.

"Guilty? Why is that?" He ask curiously and lean a bit closer to me.

"Well, I been taught by someone before. She told me that a smile is a gift to other people. You smile then the other person will too. Only if you smile genuinely of course. Who would smile back if you smile crazily at them, even I would call the metal hospital cause of that." I said and chuckle.

He stare at me blankly but his eyes were filled with questions.

So much for wanting to make him smile Angela.

"But seriously, a smile really is a gift to other people and it makes their day brighter. She told me a smile is the most beautiful curves on a human body. That the way to capture a person heart as well. One day, That specific person's face lit up and their eyes sparkle with happiness is the best thing you would see your whole life."

I said and smile at the memories as she told me how her husband fell for her. It was love at first sight.

"My name..." he said breaking me away from my mind and look at him.

"It's Lorenzo."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 232 22
... When you have always been in love with your dad's best friend who ends up being something from a fantasy books ... Who shows you that the world...
34.4K 638 77
I had a one night stand with the self-proclaimed businessman of Manhattan, New York. I have told myself it can't happen again, it just can't. I get t...
304K 4.7K 54
[Not Edited] He's ruthless every man wants to be him or the fear him, every women wants to fuck him. He has the largest mafia he could kill anyone i...
1.6M 56.2K 73
First of all if u don't have anything nice to say please zip ur mouth, don't expect this story to go the way u want it to be, I wrote it like 2-3 yea...