Haikyuu x Reader - Soulmate A...

frstlel tarafından

Many One-Shot collection and each one of them is a Soulmate AU one. You may request something. The pronouns... Daha Fazla

Oikawa Tooru
Nishinoya Yuu
Kageyama Tobio
Sugawara Koushi
Tsukishima Kei
Kuroo Tetsurou
Kozume Kenma
Iwaizumi Hajime
Hinata Shoyo

Sawamura Daichi

11.4K 401 111
frstlel tarafından

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
soulmate au where there is a red string
attached to one's ring finger. it leads to
one's soulmate. only few people are
able to see the strings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the sun soars above the sky, shining its warm rays onto the earth, you protect yourself from them by sitting under a gigantic tree on the school's courtyard. The cold shadow almost sends shivers down your spine.

You lean your back against the trunk of the tree once you sit down on the ground. "I can't wait for our graduation!" Your friend whines as she sits down next to you. "Then I'll be finally free from this hell called school and finally able to search for my soulmate!" She adds, looking at you with twinkling eyes.

You smile back and look at her left ring finger. The red string attached to it looks vivid in colour and is thicker than most you've seen. "It's all thanks to you, (Y/N)! I'm so glad you told me that you can see the strin-" She begins to blurt out rather loudly, so you slam your hand onto her mouth to shut her up. "It's called a secret for a reason!" You whisper-yell at her, not forgetting to send her a firm glare.

"Sorry, sorry, but I'm so happy about it! I don't have to pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars to have a professional help me." She apologises while waving her hands enthusiastically as she talks. "You're sure you don't want anything in return?" Her curious eyes look at you anticipatedly, so you shake your head. "It's the least I can do after you gave me your math notes. They really saved my final grade."

"You're the best! Oh, I can't wait to meet my soulmate! Do you think they'll like anime too? I'll be really disappointed if they don't! But they're my soulmate, they HAVE to like anime, don't they?" As she continues her monologue, your smile fades into a sad, if not even lonely, one, as you stare at your own ring finger. There you see your red string but as you continue to follow it, it ends a few centimetres hanging from your finger.

Ever since you can remember, you were able to see the red strings hanging from people's ring fingers. No string is the same as another one. There are thick ones, barely visible ones, slightly frayed ones, knotted ones, and, unfortunately, snapped ones. All of them mean something different. The snapped one, as the one on your own ring finger, means that your soulmate is no longer alive. You are unable to find them. Unable to experience the happiness that soulmates that you see on a daily baisis have.

The day your string snapped is one of the clearest memories you have. It was five years ago. You were hanging out with your middle school friends. It was just like any normal day, you were fooling around, doing things girls your age do, not caring about anything, as suddenly you felt a pain in your ring finger. You looked at it, the barely visible red string, which meant that your soulmate was very far away from you, suddenly had snapped.

It wasn't the immense pain that made you cry but the thought of never being able to experience love. You excused yourself from your friends, saying that something urgent came up, and ran to your favourite place in the world. It was a beautiful cherry blossom tree in the middle of the forest near your home. You planned on crying your heart's content out but before you started, you noticed a boy sitting under that tree.

You looked at him confused, which he did too, and even though you didn't want him to see you crying, you began anyways, shocking him rather extremely. He stood up and asked you if you were okay but you proceeded to sob. The sobs were getting louder as time passed by, which made the boy panic even more. He looked around and then back at you. He seemed to hesitate at first but then he wrapped his arms around you and hugged you tightly.

Even though you came there to be alone, you really appreciated his kind gesture. It calmed you down, so you could at least talk again. The boy tried talking to you again and asked what happened. Not caring about blurting out your secret, you started explaining from the very begging. How you could see the strings attached to everyone's ring finger, how yours was thin to begin with, and how you really wanted to find the love of your life but now couldn't anymore.

The boy, to your surprise, was very understanding and continued to calm you down. He told you that his mother could see the strings too and despite that, she married a man who wasn't her soulmate because they loved each other unconditionally nevertheless. That man was this boy's father and they were still as happy as they were fifteen years ago, he told you.

After that day, that boy came to that exact same spot all the time. He became your best friend and now you're even attending the same school as him.

It was him who brought back hope into your life and you couldn't imagine living happily without him. Because of all his kind gestures, you found yourself falling for him. But you never told him. He still has his red string attached to him. You know if you were to confess, he would accept your feelings and go out with you because he is nice like that. So knowing that, you can't bring yourself to confess because you don't want him to lose the chance to meet his soulmate.

"No matter how long you'll rub your ring finger, a ring won't appear just by doing it!" You hear a familiar voice call out to you mockingly, so you turn your head to the side and see the boy you were thinking about just now. "Oh, shut up, Daichi!" You shout back as you try to hold back your smile, but in vain. He looks back at his friends, says something which is followed by a laugh, and then jogs over to you and your friend who is still doing her monologue.

"Your finger will turn red if you keep rubbing it, you know?" He says a bit concerned. "I can't help it, it's what I do when I think deeply." I tell him and take away my hand from my ring finger. "What were you thinking about just now?" He asks, sitting down next to you after quickly looking at your friend. "I guess she won't mind me sitting here, considering that she's gone off to her own world." He adds while chuckling.

You laugh along with him before turning shy as you realise that he is awaiting your answer for his question. "I thought about how I met you. You really were my hero." You reply, keeping your voice as low as possible. After Daichi doesn't say anything for a moment, you steal a glance at him to see him blushing slightly. "Where did that come from?" He asks, now trying to hide his face with his left hand. The string on his ring finger moves with his hand, you can't help notice.

"You know, my face is up here." Daichi jokes after he notices you staring at his finger. You laugh and then look into his eyes while smiling. "I was just wondering when you'll start searching for your soulmate." You blurt out despite not wanting to hear his answer. "Oh, about that," Daichi starts, getting serious all of a sudden, "I was wondering if you'd help me with that."

Your heart sinks upon hearing these words, so you force yourself to keep smiling. That was exactly what you didn't want to hear. You always thought he wasn't interested in his soulmate, considering that his parents aren't soulmates either, so you are quite shocked to hear his sudden interest. Furthermore, you are the one he wants help from.

"Sure! When do you need me?" You ask cheerfully, faking a bright smile. "Is tonight after volleyball practice okay?" He asks you. You notice his observant stare and quickly answer, "Alrighty! Oh, look at the time! I need to get going. Let's go, (friend's name)!" You quickly say while grabbing your friend's wrist and storming off. You don't want him to notice your sadness because he would totally put you before himself first. He's always done this.

Now, that he has found interest in his soulmate, you can't act selfishly and refuse. You want him to be happy, even if that means that he isn't by your side anymore. Even if that means that there will be no one to comfort you when your sad. Even if that means giving up on him. It's the least you can do for him after he's done so much for you.

Trying not to upset yourself, you quickly shake your thoughts off and head to class where you're greeted by your other classmates. All of you continue to joke around until classes start.

You try hard to forget about your plans for this evening as the day goes by.

.~.

Exactly as you promised, you are waiting in front of the forest near your house, waiting for Daichi to come. Even though you insisted that the train station would be a better place to meet up, considering how you two would be travelling to another town to find his soulmate, Daichi still wanted to meet up here instead.

After another five minutes, you see Daichi approaching you with a bright smile. You smile back despite having your heart ache as you think about that the only reason he's smiling like that is because of his soulmate.

"Thanks for coming, (Y/N)." He says. "No problem, I owe you big after all." You tell him and cross your arms. As you take a closer look at Daichi, you notice his nervousness, making you raise your eyebrow at him. "Before we start searching, I-I need you to close your eyes, i-it's quite embarrassing." Daichi says while stutter which he rarely does. You let out a chuckle at how cute he is acting and close your eyes as he tells you to.

Suddenly, you feel something on your ring finger, which isn't anything unusual. It hurts from time to time anyways, that's what happens when your soulmate dies. The pain represents your loss, making it impossible to forget about your soulmate. Knowing that, you keep your eyes closed, since it's nothing out of the usual.

"Daichi, what are you doing? Can I open my eyes now?" You ask after a while of nothing happening. There is no answer, so you ask again, "Daichi? It's not funny-" You open your eyes and notice that Daichi is gone.

Slightly panicking, you look around. "Was all of this a prank?" You ask yourself slightly angered. Shrugging, you heave a sigh and prepare to go home until you feel a tug on your ring finger. "Ouch." You exclaim and look at your ring finger.

A red string is what you see. A red string that isn't snapped. You bring your other hand to your mouth in shock and look at where the string is leading to. It can't be that your string has regrown, can it?

You follow the string curiously, noticing that it is simply a normal red string since it doesn't grow shorter once you go towards the direction of where it's coming from like usual red strings. Feeling slightly disappointed, you follow the red string that is leading you into the forest.

After two minutes, you hear rustling noises and notice that you're at your favourite place. You look at the cherry blossom tree in front of you. It is in full bloom since it's the end of March which makes the tree even more beautiful. The petals fall to the ground, making it look like it's raining.

You hear someone clear their throat, so you look into the direction where the sound came from to see Daichi standing there. Looking back at your string, you notice it leading to Daichi's ring finger.

"Hey there." He greets you for the second time this evening. Not understanding what is going on, you quickly approach him. "Daichi? What's all of this?" You ask him confused while showing him the string. "Isn't it obvious? We're soulmates." Daichi says as he, too, holds up his hand to show the string attached to his ring finger.

Looking at his finger and back to yours, you feel tears well up in your eyes. "Daichi..." You mutter silently. "You know, the day I met you here is the clearest memory I have," Daichi begins to speak while looking at the cherry blossom tree, "I remember finding this tree and thinking how beautiful it was, so I stayed here. I was quite sad that day. I wanted to see the red strings like my mother could, so I could find my soulmate. Then you came running here with the most intense look I have ever seen. All of a sudden, you started crying which really scared me at first but then I hugged you. I really thought you were my soulmate. It really felt like it. You then told me your story and I still thought you were my soulmate, despite you telling me that your soulmate had died. There wasn't anything that could make think otherwise. There still isn't anything that could make me think otherwise. I still strongly believe you are my soulmate, (Y/N). I have never felt this happy with anyone before and I hate seeing you sad, especially when you're trying to hide it from me. So, (Y/N), will you be my soulmate?"

Tears have left your eyes a long time ago, leaving a crying mess out of you. "B-But Daichi," You protest between your sobs, "Y-You have a soulmate. I-I don't w-want to take away your happiness!" As soon as you say that, more tears roll down your face. "The only way by taking away my happiness would be by taking you away from me, (Y/N). I don't care about my soulmate, not when I have you. You are the one I have loved for the past five years and will love for the rest of my life, so don't you dare tell me to find another girl to love. We can choose our own destiny after all, look." Daichi explains and points to the red string connecting us.

"I love you, (Y/N)." Daichi confesses and hugs you tightly as though you could get snatched away from him if he let go even for a second. You hug him back and try to prevent yourself from weeping. "I-I love you too, Daichi." You admit.

Suddenly, Daichi breaks the hug, but grabs hold of your shoulders instead, keeping you close to him still. He looks you into your eyes and smiles. He closes his eyes and closes in, placing his soft lips onto your slightly wet ones. You feel the gentleness and the sincerity of it and let yourself melt into the loving kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! It's been a while! Back with another soulmate au :) This one is a bit longer than the others because I have started putting more detail into my stories, so I can't help but have more than 2200 words in each chapter XD I hope you liked it! I got the idea of a game I played today :)

Anyways,
-jyanee =^.^=

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

126K 1.9K 38
Just a series of Haikyuu one-shots & x-reader one-shots :)
8.5K 428 28
"𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗶𝗼?" ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ "𝗶 𝗱𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝘄" ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ soulmate au ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ in which two shy teens, e...
125K 3.3K 32
You were a volleyball prodigy, the perfect daughter, the one who always shined brighter than others... Then, why did this happen? - Fluff, smut, a...
155K 3.8K 18
FANTASIZE ABOUT YOUR VOLLEYBALL DORKS AND DON'T BE ASHAMED (I do not own Haikyuu!! or you)