Conquering Villains and Captu...

By YouthfulPeach

No matter how beautiful, smart, athletic, and personable Yoshino Shizuka is, compared to Semi Madoka, she is... More

1: He's so gorgeous, it'd be a crime not to make a move.
2: Goddamnit! Semi Madoka?!?! Why the hell is it you again?
3: Operation Shizuka Seduces the Seriously Sexy Semi
4: My body's fine. It's only my pride that's been critically damaged.
5: Lately, it seems you have a lot to thank me for.
6: Even the stray cats in my neighbourhood avoid me.
7: Please fall in love with me!
8: It's cuter than I expected...your dimple embedded smile that is.
9: I don't like being even ten steps away from you.
10: She would've been more than capable of...murdering him.
11: You would've liked it if it had been a kiss.
12: I want to walk home with you, for as long as you'll allow me to.
13: It's enough for me that you alone like it.
14: You jerk! Are you casting me aside because you have a girlfriend now?
15: Why should the world exist if the person I love isn't a part of it?
Extra 15.5: Can you not afford to go on the school trip either?
16: I wouldn't say these things to anyone but you.
17: If you'd like, I could offer my body to you right now?
18: I'm not someone you need to be supicious of!
19: If your ladyship wishes, this servant is willing to serve you for eternity.
20: I'd be satisfied with looking at one face my entire life if it were yours!
21: Doesn't it seem like I'm falling in love with him first?!
22: You're right. I'm yours...That means you can't throw me away, okay?
24: We're nothing like an old married couple!
25: Couldn't you just take me as a husband in this lifetime?
26: Sometimes you end up wanting mutually exclusive things.
27: Cheating is prohibited.
28: Because that's how much you mean to me.
29: If you explode, can I sell your stuff online?
30: Carelessness can be deadly.
31: Not everything the villain does will come together logically!
32: You're too adorable.
Extra 32.5: I like being needed by you.
33: The world we live in is unfair.
Extra 33.5: Author's Note and Character Profiles
34: Mental health -1000! Your opponent has delivered a critical hit!
35: Would you do something like this with your brother?
36: If you don't stop, I can't guarantee that you won't get hurt!
37: Rather than an actual threat, at best, you're more of a minor inconvenience.
38: You'd be so much more attractive if you just kept your mouth closed!
39: Are you not a fan of the maid concept?
40: Is that a voodoo doll?
41: Breaking and entering is simple for a fairy.
42: Perhaps, I'm just someone who isn't meant to find love.
43: Failure isn't a luxury we can afford!
44: Would you have loved me if you had known?
45: Just be quiet and say that you'll marry me won't you?
46: He was a legend.
Extra 46.5: Author's Ramblings and Character Portraits
47: What kind of psychopath exacts his revenge like this?!
Extra 47.5: The girl I love the most will always be you.
48: You're much more wild and unihibited than I would've imagined.
Extra: Shall I beat you until you can no longer stand? [Madoka Special I]
Extra: I don't need your pity. [Madoka Special 2]
Extra: He had a dream more bizarre than any he had ever had. [Madoka Special 3]
49: Nothing is impossible unless you think it is.
50: Send me off like a worried mother on her child's first day of kindergarten.

23: Let's fill our days together with even more unforgettable memories.

2.6K 156 20
By YouthfulPeach

Umi took a deep breath and moved to open their gatcha with trembling hands. Slowly, she unfolded the slip of paper to reveal a startling 1110 points.

"Uwaaaah oh my my my my! Couple number two received an additional 1110 point which brings their score to a grand total of 2870! That means our seventh Heavenly Match is couple number two, Nagi Sora-san and Ikeda Umi-san!" announced Tegaru spiritedly as she began clapping loudly.

While some in the crowd seem displeased as they had been supporting couple number three, they too eventually began to clap and cheer when they saw Shizuka and Madoka genuinely applauding for Sora and Umi.

Although Shizuka normally found pleasure in being first, in this instance she was completely fine with having lost to couple number one. This was mostly due to the fact that she honestly felt that Sora and Umi were a compatible and amicable couple who deserved the title of a match made in heaven and because she hadn't really put her heart into winning this time.

"Congratulations, couple number two!"

"Nicely played!"

The three couples were assembled on stage and various staff members handed out the prizes in order from third to first.

Mari and Kuzuda were visibly disappointed when they were handed their matching couple shirts and signed CDs but Shizuka thought that even that was more than they deserved.

Following them, Shizuka and Madoka received a small satin covered box as their second place prize. With anticipation, Shizuka opened the box. Inside was a set of beautifully and intricately embossed silver bands.

Finally, the first place prize was given to Sora and Umi who still seemed to be equal parts shocked and jubilant that they were the winning pair.

"Could you tell us how you currently feel, Nagi-san and Ikeda-san?" asked Tegaru with a bright expression.

"Truthfully we didn't even dream of winning first place," admitted Sora. "But I'm really happy we won because it was my selfishness that led us to be here..."

Sora lowered his head for a while before looking up and smiling melancholically. "...Truthfully, in the five years that Umi and I have been together...I've never been able to give her anything significantly valuable. Not once could I buy her a designer bag or an item of jewelry because of my own financial struggles. It's shameful, I know..."

Sora paused and glanced at Umi with a complicated expression. "So when I found out that we could win couple rings on the show, I agreed to participate right away because I really wanted to win them...It might sound conceited but just once, I wanted to be like any other boyfriend who could give the person he loves a small but tangible token of his feelings for her..."

Sora's sudden and heartbreaking admission made a few people's eyes well up.

Umi whom had been quietly listening with moist eyes finally spoke up with a shaky voice. "I-I won't allow anyone to belittle the person I love the most, Sora, e-even if it's you, yourself.."

"Umi..."

"Your love is the most wonderful present I could've ever received, so don't say you've never given me anything valuable..."

With glistening eyes Sora revealed, "We've been together for five years and with each passing day I find myself falling more and more in love with you but I was afraid. I was terribly afraid that someone as lacking as me, wouldn't be able to bring you happiness. That's why I started to take on so much extra work even when you told me not to because my health was failing...A part of me was terrified that you'd leave, but another part of me was thinking that if you did, it'd be for the best..."

"You know, Nagi-san, it's probably presumptuous of me to say this but aren't you being a little too weak-willed?" Everyone's eyes darted to Shizuka who had suddenly inserted herself into the conversation.

"Think about it. You've already been dating for five whole years! Don't you think that if Ikeda-san wanted to leave, she would've done so already? And what do you mean "it'd be for the best"? Who would it be the best for? You? Ikeda-san?" The more she said the more irritated Shizuka became.

Shizuka turned to Umi. "Ikeda-san, would you be happy if you left Nagi-san?"

Umi shook her head back and forth. "No! Such a thing...I wouldn't!"

Shizuka turned to Sora. "Nagi-san, would you be happy if Ikeda-san left?"

"Of course not...it's just-"

"Exactly. Literally nobody would be happy if you two split so how that be for the best?"

Sora hung his head and murmured, "You don't understand, Yoshino-san...You're still young so you don't understand how it's like..."

Shizuka crossed her arms. "That may be so but even someone as inexperienced in life as me can see that you're overthinking everything."

Shizuka glanced at Madoka briefly. "It happens sometimes. Sometimes I do it too...but you know, overthinking things doesn't always help. Sometimes you just need to take action and I believe that with a push in the right direction, everything will work out for you two."

"How do you know that?" questioned Sora with a grim expression.

A fleeting smile appeared on Shizuka's face. "Someone once asked me something similar and you know how I replied? I said that I didn't know. How could I? But I do know that it for sure won't work if you never even try to make it work! I don't think it's shameful to be unable to buy your girlfriend little trinkets or whatever but I do think it is shameful to constantly overwork yourself and make your girlfriend worried."

Shizuka gave Sora a piercing stare. "Because you're so worried about making Ikeda-san happy in the future, you don't realize that you're not making her happy now. That's messed up! Whatever happens will happen but you shouldn't be so worried about it because no matter what happens, you'll have Ikeda-san by your side! Together you'll be able to work it out!"

Madoka who had been quiet finally spoke. "Everyone of us is lacking in some respect, Nagi-san. It's what makes us human...but it's because that we're lacking that we have to search for partners to make us complete."

Shizuka nodded. "Exactly. Of the three couples that were here today, in my opinion, you two were the most harmonious and loving couple."

Shizuka and Madoka shared a look before Shizuka nodded and moved towards Sora and Umi. Once she was in front of them she placed the ring box in Sora's hands.

At once everyone present, particularly Mari whom had been eyeing the couple rings and hot springs vacation package since the start, gaped in astonishment.

Shizuka grinned. "Consider this your push in the right direction."

Sora stared at the box in his hands. "But-"

"It's now or never, Nagi-san," declared Shizuka as she gave Nagi a firm but reassuring pat on the back. "Once you start hesitating, the worries and fears, they'll just multiply without end. As a wise man once told me, sometimes, a direct approach is the most effective. So go for it! Madoka and I, we're supporting you!"

In the background the almost entirely forgotten Tegaru piped in, "Me too! You have my support as well!"

"Me too!" chimed a person in the audience.

"Me as well!"

"Yeah, go for it!"

"You can do it!"

Looking out into the sea of supportive faces, tears escaped from Sora's eyes. "Mn...T–thank you everyone..."

Then he turned to Umi and dropped down onto one knee. "Umi...I know that I haven't always been the best boyfriend and I may have let you down many times but...if you give me the chance...as unworthy as I am...I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you. Being able to meet you and fall in love with you were the most wonderful things that could've ever happened to me...so what I'm trying to say is...will you, Ikeda Umi, marry me?"

Umi whose face was now covered in tears nodded her head repeatedly. "Yes!"

Sora broke out into a smile as he slid the ring from the box into her finger with trembling hands.

"She said yes!"

"Oh my gosh I've never witnessed a public proposal before!"

"How romantic!"

Shizuka and Madoka turned to each other and exchanged wide smiles.

Because they had been filming the entire time, Tegaru who had also been crying had to make closing remarks in between sniffles. "T-that's our show, e-everyone...T-thanks for tuning in and w-we'll see you next week..."

"And cut!"

Although they were reluctant, because it had grown late the staff had to begin dismantling the stage immediately after the director thanked all the contestants and audience members.

Kuzue and Mari left as soon as the director finished while Shizuka, Madoka, Sora, and Umi moved off to one side.

After calming themselves down a bit, Sora and Umi gave their wholehearted thanks to Madoka and Shizuka. Although they tried to give their first place vacation package to the two, in return for all their help and their couple rings, Madoka and Shizuka refused to accept any repayment from them.

This caused Sora and Umi to be greatly troubled. In the end Tegaru had to convince Madoka and Shizuka to accept Sora and Umi's dinner certificate. Afterwards, Sora and Umi left as they had work early the next morning.

When Madoka and Shizuka tried to leave, more than two dozen people attempted to get them to stay back and take photos with them, but Madoka turned them all down. No one could protest to this since he explained that they had to return early since they had school the next day and that they were still on their first date.

When the last of the crowd had left, Tegaru and the director approached Shizuka and Madoka and earnestly thanked them for their participation in the show and making it the most dramatic, surprising, and moving episode they've ever had.

When Madoka took out his phone to show a message from his uncle giving his consent for him to be filmed, Tegaru suddenly insisted that Shizuka and Madoka needed to take a photo together to commemorate their first date.

As Tegaru held up Madoka's phone for the photo, Madoka naturally moved in close to Shizuka and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Then, he leaned his head on top of hers.

After taking the photo Tegaru flashed them a thumbs up. "It was super cute! If you share it online, be sure to tag me!"

"Oh, I don't really use social media," confessed Shizuka. "I don't mind sometimes appearing on a friend's feed or something but posting content of my own is a bit bothersome."

Madoka nodded. "I'm the same."

Tegaru's jaw dropped. "Are there really high school students who don't use social media in this day and age?...Never mind, why am I even asking? You guys are like the exceptions to the exceptions for everything. It's just such a pity when you're both so attractive...Are you sure you're not interested in showbiz? I and Director Minami could set you up with some people-"

"I appreciate the thought but I am really not interested."

"Mn. Not interested."

Tegaru sighed. "Okay, okay. I'm leaving a bit later with the other staff members but will you guys need a ride? Will you be able to get home okay?"

"Yes, we live close to this area," assured Madoka. "Besides, our date isn't quite over yet so we're going to take our time walking home."

Hearing that, Tegaru smiled, thanked the two of them again, and then finally bid them farewell.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

With their gigantic taiyaki plushie, small cat plushie, and dinner certificate in tow, Shizuka and Madoka headed towards Shizuka's house.

"It's been a long day, huh?" commented Shizuka.

"Mn."

"...I'm sorry for everything today," voiced Shizuka unexpectedly.

Madoka looked over at her. "Hmm? Why?"

"Well...thinking back, even though I said I would plan a great first date for us, nothing worked out right. First, we couldn't eat at either of the restaurants I picked. Then, the movie I picked turned out to be a disaster. After that, you had to humour my gaming urges. Even the game show was something I dragged you into...and then I gave away our prize..."

Madoka tilted his head. "Hm...but I enjoyed myself though. From lunch to the movie to the gaming to the filming."

He paused to smile. "I liked it all because I was with you."

"But it wasn't like a proper first date. It wasn't...special enough."

"You're wrong. Our date was special. A first date is always special because it's the first. No matter how many dates we go on in the future, today will always be the first. That's something that will remain unchanging."

"And I messed it up..."

"You didn't mess it up. For me, there would've been only one way you could've messed up and that would be if you didn't show up. But you did. You even came early because you wanted to surprise me. That alone made me incredibly blissful."

Madoka knocked on Shizuka's head gently. "How can you scold Nagi-san for not seeing Ikeda-san's feelings and the bigger picture when you're like this? Don't you get it? As long as I can be with you, I don't care what we're doing, where we're going, or when we do it." He paused for second before adding, "As for the rings, something like that only has meaning if I bought it for you myself."

Shizuka stared at him for a while then finally returned a smile back. "Seriously you always know just the right thing to say that's somehow profound and romantic all at once, Madoka. Meanwhile, I'm always floundering and tripping over my words. It's hard to believe someone like you is real."

Just after her words fell, Madoka dropped the items he was holding, pulled Shizuka closer, and pressed her head against his chest. Because of the proximity Shizuka could feel his slightly erratic heartbeat through his clothing.

"Do you feel that? My heartbeat?" asked Madoka softly. "It's proof that I exist...It's faster than usual because when it comes to you, I'm never as composed as I'd like to be...so you'll have to take responsibility."

Shizuka pulled back after a while and flashed Madoka a grin. "Mn. I'll be responsible for taking you to see a cardiologist."

Madoka pouted as he silently picked up the items on the ground.

Shizuka ruffled his hair teasingly. "My house is just over there so it's fine if we part here."

I don't need to deal with the whole meeting the parents thing right now...It's bad enough that Kaori's always teasing me to marry him since she found out about us dating...Information sure travels fast in the digital age...

Madoka appeared reluctant. "You sure?"

"Mn. If you're worried I can still text you when I get home. It's late you should go."

"Alright...I'll see you tomorrow." Madoka handed Shizuka the items. As Shizuka turned to leave, Madoka added one last comment. "From here on out, let's fill our days together with even more unforgettable memories."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

718K 32.1K 18
{RANKED #1 IN #HAIKYUU 13/05/18} {RANKED #1 IN #ANIMEFANFICTION 22/05/18} {RANKED #3 IN #XREADER 27/05/18 (out of over 33k stories what the actual...
5.2K 89 19
"Well that's what you get when you're the number one ace in Japan under the female AND mixed bracket" you smirk at them as they roll their eyes. "fE...
1.1K 43 15
Admiration... or something more? This was something Shirabu debated on each and every single day. He always convinced himself that it was just admira...
82.6K 2.3K 22
*Artwork belongs to the rightful artist @kwonrugger* Y/n (this OC is named Yuuna, she makes appearances in Sakusa's book) is saved by her school's vo...