The Bad Girl and The Good Boy...

Af CallMeImmi

She is the bad girl. Mean. Sarcastic. Tattoos. Piercings. Ripped jeans. Bad grades. Disruptive. That's how on... Mere

The Bad Girl and The Good Boy
~*~Prologue~*~
~*~One~*~
~*~Two~*~
~*~Three~*~
~*~Four~*~
~*~Five~*~
*~*Six~*~
~*~Seven~*~
~*~Eight~*~
~*~Nine~*~
~*~Ten~*~
~*~Eleven~*~
~*~Twelve~*~
~*~Thirteen~*~
~*~Fourteen~*~
~*~Fifteen~*~
~*~Sixteen~*~
~*~Eighteen~*~
~*~Nineteen~*~
NEW STORY

~*~Seventeen~*~

15.8K 462 49
Af CallMeImmi

~*~Annalisa~*~

Who leaves the window unlocked?

Apparently being in a gang means you don’t have to lock anything, idiot.

What are you doing?” I freeze, most of my body already through the window expect for one leg and my hand that was holding onto the ledge, I slowly look up through my hair, which had fallen over my eyes, almost relieved upon seeing Daniel.

Almost.

He looked angry to say the least, “They thought you might come, but I thought that maybe, just maybe, you had a brain cell or two, apparently not.” Daniel shakes his head, striding over to me and pulling me in the house, closing the window after.

I shake my head and push my hair away from my face, “Where are the others?” I question looking around, as if they were going to pop up out of nowhere. A silent ‘Where’s Kade?’ added to the end.

Daniel shakes his head again, “We split up,” He finally says with a sigh, “James, Chase, Kaiden and Victorie should be out of the building. Trevor, Joey and Antony are somewhere, Trevor was leading them to Robin last I heard.”

I nod, taking in his words, Kade wasn’t in the building, it didn’t mean he was safe but was certainly better than the alternative, him being in here and in danger, “Why are you alone?” I ask, eying Daniel confused.

Daniel shrugs, “I tried to lead them away from the others, now come on, let’s go.”

With that he turns his back on me and walks down the hall, I stare after him for a second, but upon hearing footsteps coming towards us I bolt over to Daniel, walking close to him, hitting him over the shoulder as he lets out a chuckle.

A chuckle that’s cut short as he pushes me back, I watch wide eyed as Daniel swings at the tall man before him, my eyes widening even further as I catch sight of the gun that the gang man pulls out.

I watch as Daniel disarms him, the gun gliding across the floor stopping in front of me, I stare at the gun for a few seconds before I hear Daniel let out a sharp gasp, I let my eyes go back to them as Daniel throws a hard punch to the man’s face, his neck snapping back in what looked like a bad position before he stumbled back and fell over.

I watched Daniel as he watched the man, before Daniel let out a gut wrenching cough, blood splattering the floor at his feet before he stumbles back and collapses. I hear the other man start to move, and without thinking I squat down and pick up the gun, shakily pointing it at him as he starts to sit up.

The man laughs throatily at me, “Go on Evans, shoot me,” He taunts, “You pa couldn’t, and I bet you can’t either, swe-”

Until that moment, I didn’t realise how loud a gun would be, I didn’t know about the power in pulling the trigger and how much my arm would hurt afterwards. After the shot stopped echoing around the room I realised what I’d done, I drop the gun, my ears ringing as I drop down next to Tori’s brother, the knife protruding out of his stomach.

“Daniel,” I whisper, “Hey, look at me,” I reach over and turn his face to look at me, shakily I reach up and pull a chain out from under my shirt, the charms dangling. “It’s safe, ‘hidden in plain sight’ remember? I’ll get it to Victorie and Justin, I promise you.” I add before tucking the charms back down my shirt.

I could hear the sound of feet running towards us from both directions, I wipe the tears that had started to cloud my vision, before I could stand up I feel a hand wrap around my wrist, “Th-The kn-knife.” He stammers hoarsely.

I nod gulping, quickly pulling it out as he grunts, I pick the gun up as well standing up, my eyes glancing from either side of me.

I let out a shaking breath dropping the knife, Antony runs over to me and gently pries the gun from my fingers. “He’s still alive,” I look over at Robin, all battered and bruised, but still Rob, as he looks at the gang man.

I hear gun click and freeze, slowly turning around to see Antony with a sly grin on his face as he points it at me, “Antony,” I hear Robin say cautiously, “What are you doing?”

Robin questions as Joey lets out an “Oh man, you’ve got to be joking.”

I turn slowly to look at Joey, “What!” I let out a squeak as I feel to gun pressed against the base of my skull.

Joey, Robin and Trevor both stiffen and I try to keep my breathing steady. Joey shakes his head, almost as though he was pissed off at himself, “Tori gave us a warning, that one of us was a traitor.”

“Antony.” Robin repeats, “What? Why?”

I hear Antony let out a cold laugh, I clench my eyes shut as I feel the gun move slightly against my scalp, “They could give me power, Robby,” He admits, sounding gleeful, “They could give it to you as well, we’re accepted here, father used to be here, we were only kept away from this because of Kaiden’s father. They’re willing to forget all this.”

“No, they won’t.” A new voice muses, I watch as Robin and Trevor step aside and James steps between them, smirking smugly, “They will forgive, but never forget, and many won’t forgive. Ever.” He informs, spinning a knife around in his fingers, “Your father betrayed us, Jones senior betrayed Edison senior on a personal level. Remember that when you’re kissing ass.”

I feel the gun move away and Antony’s arm extend, the gun steadily pointed at James. I hear a familiar chuckle from behind us, “Shoot him, I shoot you.” I hear Kade say, his voice getting louder and louder as he comes closer. “I should’ve figured it out sooner,” Kade muses, “That it was you.” I flinch as the gun presses to my temple, and Antony turns us around so we’re facing Kade.

My eyes widen slightly as I take in Kade, blood everywhere, splattered all over him, but Kade’s face stays neutral before he fiercely spits out, “You shoot her and I drag your death out so slowly you’ll be begging me to kill you.”

“Let’s see how well you-”

The world around seems to slow down at the sound of the gun shot, my first thought was that I was dying and Antony had shot me, then I thought that Kade had pulled the trigger but his facial expression showed me he hadn’t.

The pressure against my temple was gone, I tear my gaze away from Kade’s green eyes and look down at Antony’s body, face down, not moving.

“Hey, come here.” I look up at Joey as he gently, yet firmly, wraps his arm around me, leading me away from Antony.

I stare at the horizon, sitting on the patio wooden beam facing away from the house.

I’d been out here since we got back from Edison’s, the sun slowly starting to rise.

I hear the door open, and footsteps approach me, a hand lightly rests on my shoulder. “Daniel’s in surgery as we speak.” Rob says, pulling me lightly to his side.

I rest my head on his chest, “And Antony?” I whisper, my voice hoarse from lack of use.

Robin’s silent, and when I think I’m not going to get a response he bitterly responds. “Dead.”

I wrap my arm around his waist, and give him a side hug, “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be.” He responds, rubbing his hand up and down my arm, “The second he betrayed us to them, he was no longer my brother. Now enough of the sad stuff, Kaiden is slightly with us right now, go speak to him before he sleeps.”

I nod and swing my legs over the beam, staring at Robin as he looks over my shoulder at the horizon, I take Robin’s hand and squeeze lightly, “He was still your brother, and you still love him, even through all his wrongs. It’s alright to grieve.” I whisper, releasing his hand and walking into the house, to the room where Kade was.

I stand in the doorway, watching the shirtless boy’s chest rise and fall with each breath, a bandage wrapped around his shoulder and his hand, “You’re staring,” He mumbles, keeping his eyes shut, “Get over here.”

I smile lightly, pushing myself off the wall and perching myself on the edge of the bed. “How are you feeling?” I question, taking his good hand in both mine, his hand completely relaxed as I play with his fingers.

“Well enough, lay with me, please.” He begs, keeping his eyes shut as he wraps his fingers around one of my hands and pulling me down.

Wrapping his arm around my waist, playing with the ends of my hair as I rest my head lightly on his chest. “Sleep.” I push, tracing my fingers up and down his chest and stomach.

I frown as he mumbles something incoherent, “Sorry?”

“I love you.” He slurs a little louder, but still difficult to hear.

I sigh, “Tell me when you’re awake and not drugged up.” I whisper, Kade already asleep as I get up, walking out of the room.

“Miss. Evans.” I jump, on my way outside once more, looking over at the long black haired boy as he sits on the three seater couch. “Your friend, Miss. Golding, she called, Daniel,” He pauses looking up at me, “He didn’t make it. Her and her boy toy are one their way back now.”

I nod, making my way over and sitting down at the other end of the couch. “Why did you go to Edison’s?” I can’t help but ask, looking down at my hands.

Daniel was dead.

He was dead because of me.

Tori lost her big brother.

“Family means more to me than it did to Antony. Family means everything to me,” James admits, I look up to find him looking at me, “Edison is trying to over throw my father, my father doesn’t believe me and I left before it could happen, I’m not bound yet.” James eyes flicker down to his wrist.

“Did you shoot Antony?” I question.

James shakes his head, looking over to the doorway, “I did.” I look over shocked, my father standing in the doorway.

I stand up, walking out of the room, James following me. “You’re surprised.” James muses as we step outside, to where Robin already was with Trevor.

“What’s she surprised about?” Robin questions as I lean against the wall.

“Her father is the one who shot Antony.” James responds before I could, James chuckles as I shoot him a look, “He said ‘she’ not ‘you’, the question was not aimed at you little one.”

“We’re the same age.” I can’t help but respond dryly.

Causing Trevor and Robin to chuckle at me and James to roll his eyes at me, “Look,” James sobers up, “What I did when we first met was not right, it was more my twisted way of getting back at Kaiden. It was wrong.” And with that James walks back inside, stopping at the door, “I’ll be off now, tell Kaiden to contact me whenever he wishes, Annalisa,” His eyes shift back over to me, “Your father will be leaving with me, I’d say your goodbyes, I’m guessing you’ll stay here for Kaiden, and Miss. Golding when she arrives.”

I nod and he continue to walks in the house, leaving the door open behind him, Robin lets out a low whistle, “I do believe that that was an apology, aye Trevor?”

“Closest thing to an apology I’ve ever heard from one of them gang members.” I hear Trevor agree amused.

“He’s not one of them yet.” I can’t help but add before stepping inside, finding my father walking out of Kade’s room. “Dad?” I say weakly.

My father’s eyes immediately swing to where I stood, “Stay with him Anna,” He says stepping towards me, “I’m going back home to Erica and Shae. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you,” My father reaches up a calloused hand, placing it lightly on my shoulder, bringing me in closer, “I didn’t want you to be a part of that world, I left it, to keep you safe.” He sucks in a breath and looks down at me, “Your mother, she stayed there, with the gang.” He leans down and presses his lips to my forehead, “See you when you get back kiddo.”

I don’t say anything as he steps back and walks away.

He was choosing Erica over me, again. He and my mother were in a gang, a gang my mother was apparently still a part of.

He’d just told me a silent goodbye.

He knew I wasn’t going back home.

At least, not yet.

“I’m sorry.”

The first words I’d said to Tori for the past three days, and I said them at her brother’s funeral.

“He gave me these.”

Ignoring the confused look Chase was sending me, I buried my hand into my jeans pocket, wrapping my fingers around the chain and pulling it and all the charms out.

“Thankyou.” Tori sighs happily, a smile finally gracing her face as she takes it out of my hand, “I was beginning to think he’d dropped them back at Edison’s. Listen Anna, before he died he had the nurse write three letters. One to me and Justin, one to Chase and this one,” She holds out an envelope with ‘Little Evans’ scrawled across it, “Which I’m guessing is aimed at you, I’ve got to get back to Justin, thank you for coming.” Tori releases Chase’s hand and hugs me, I stand there shocked for a moment before I slowly bring my arms up and hug the brunette for the first time in the past two years that I had been hanging out with her group.

Chase simply nods at me as Tori pulls back, before they both disappear in the crowd.

The entirety of Daniel’s gang was here, plus any friend he made along the way, as far as every was concerned he died a hero’s death.

Which was true.

I retreat to a far corner of the graveyard, sitting on one of the park benches, staring down at the letter in my hands, I shake my head and open it, not hesitating a moment longer.

Annalisa.

I remember briefly over hearing you ask Kaiden why it seemed like I disliked you, at that point in time I couldn’t remember what it was that made me dislike you so much.

But now, as I take my last few breaths, I remember.

Tanner Evans.

You look like him. Are as stubborn as him. Are a female version of him.

He’s my age, so two years older than you, he’s already turned twenty.

A member of Jordan’s Pride, a gang, find him, I think he may be able to help you out, don’t ask me how.

Better if you don’t mention that you know me though, if he figures it out, then go with it. But don’t actually tell him my name.

Take Mathis with you, maybe even Jones.

Good luck Little Evans.

“What’s that you got there?” I jump at Robin’s voice as he sits next to me, I say nothing and hold out the letter, which he immediately takes and scans quickly, a smirk crossing his face, “Sounds like a brother, or a cousin. Take it to Mathis, he just went back to his house, but I reckon we’ll be leaving tonight.”

I can’t help but laugh as I stand up, taking the letter back, “Haven’t we learnt yet? Nothing good happens when us three are together.”

Robin scoffs. “Please, nothing good happens. Full stop.”

I follow Rob’s advice and make my way back to Kade’s house, stopping in front of the big two story house, hesitating at the door, my blood running cold as the door opens, revealing the women I knew to be Kade’s ‘mother’. “Annalisa.” She says clearly surprised. “Kaiden’s upstairs, I’m guessing you’re here for him.” She says, stepping out of my way as I nod, I step past her, freezing as she places a hand lightly on my arm, “I’m sorry for the way I acted when we met, I didn’t want to lose him, I know he’s not technically my son, but he’s still all I have, I lost my husband to his mother, I’d accepted that to a point, but I also lost my sister when I left. I thought I was protecting him, keeping him away, I should’ve known he was too far in.” I nod slowly, unsure what this had to do with me exactly, “I was so cruel to you because you reminded me of someone, someone I had to see every time I went to work.”

I frown, “My father?” I can’t help but question as she lets me go, shaking her head.

“No. Your brother, Tanner.”

My eyes widen at her words, “I don’t have a brother.”

Kade’s mother, Moira, eyes me sadly, looking away as she digs something out of her bag, handing me a business card. “This is where I work, where Tanner works, don’t let anyone see you, Kaiden and Rob enter, you aren’t allowed to enter the building at all, try and be sneaky, I know I can’t stop you all, he works on the second floor. Be careful Anna,” I look up shocked as she walks towards the black car parked next to Kade’s impala 67, “My son cares deeply for you.” She adds before getting in her car.

I watch the sleek black car drive away and speed down the street, shaking my head I make my way upstairs after closing the front door. Leaning against the door frame watching Kade attempt to wrap his hand and failing. “You suck at that.” He jumps at my voice but a smile crosses his lips as he sees me.

“Hey you, think you can do better?” He challenges lightly as I sit next to him, and wrap it around his hand tightly and firm. “Thanks, random question when’s your birthday?” He whispers, as I cup his face, causing him to lean his forehead against mine, his breath fanning my face.

“October 23rd and yours?” I question, rubbing my thumb in light circles.

“So tomorrow, mine was in August. You want to ask me something,” He observes with a light chuckle, “Ask away Anna.”

“If I were to suggest something crazy, something that Rob and your mother wants us to do, well what Rob wants us to do and your mother will allow us to do, would you stand by me?”

Kade moves his head slightly, pressing his lips against my temple, “What do we have to do?”

I smile, moving back a little and caressing his cheek as he stares down at me, brown eyes hidden behind the black rimmed glasses, “First, I need to check in on someone, two someone’s.” Kade nods, knowing exactly who I meant, “Then we need to call Robin, and break into the building where your mother works,” Kade’s brows start to furrow at my words as he begins to frown, “Second floor, and find out exactly who Tanner Evans is.”

“Ma’am wait!” A nurse calls out to me, I’d never been caught before, she places her hand on my shoulder and I watch Kade stiffen beside me, immediately thinking the worst, “You always come here to see Georgia and Theresa Thames, and well they aren’t there anymore.”

I frown as the nurse steps back upon seeing mine and Kade’s faces, mine confused and Kade’s protective. “What do you mean?” I question, dread already setting in, I knew exactly what she meant, but I had to hear it.

“Theresa died two weeks ago, not long after you and the boy left.” She died right after I was here last. “Georgia died a few nights afterwards. I’m sorry ma’am, I know you visited them a lot, you may think we didn’t notice, but we did. I’m sorry for your loss.”

By the time the nurse finished talking I’d already blocked her out, stopped listening, I was barely aware of Kade leading me away from the hospital, “It’s my fault,” I say, stopping, Kade looking down at me confused as we stand in the park next to the hospital.

“What, I don’t under-” Kade starts before I cut him off.

“They were in hospital because of me.” I interrupt him, stepping back and away from Kade’s extending hands as he reaches for me, “This happened to them because of me.” I keep going, near hysterics, tears threatened to fall, and I bring my hands up to my hair, tugging on clumps of blonde strands, “It’s my fault they’re dead, my fault.” I repeat, memories from that night two years ago floating and invading my mind.

I still had nightmares about it now.

My legs give out, letting me drop, Kade was by my side in seconds, arms wrapping around me as he sits down, pulling me to sit his lap, my head against his chest, tears soaking his shirt. “Tell me,” He whispers in my ear, “Why is it your fault?”

With a gulp, I grip onto his shirt before recounting what I remembered from that horrible night.

The liquid slid smoothly down my throat, I cough at the end, mixing drinks isn’t the smartest thing to do. “Evy, Evy, Evans.” Joey hiccups, passing me what I think is a vodka shot, “It’s late, last call, Golding’s being a party pooper.” He calls over his shoulder to Tori, who was more interested in getting Chase’s pants off then Joey’s petty and drunk insults.

I snort at Joey, tipping the shot back, feeling the liquid burn my throat. “I should go.” I murmur, tiredly rubbing my eyes, poking myself in the process, “Later Jo.”

Joey waves at me and ends up looking like he’s having a fit, “Bye bye Anna-Ha.” He hiccups at the end.

I grab my helmet and clumsily clip it on, the visor falling down and hiding my face, I climb on my bike and rev the engine, smirking at the loud noise it made, one of Tori’s neighbours opens a window and starts to yell at me, I flip them the bird before speeding down the street.

My silver V Rod glided down the near empty highway as I made my way to my little apartment in the middle of town.

I had half the mind to actually go home, piss Erica off a bit, annoy dad a bit, that would teach them for attempting to ground me, it was one cigarette, but I couldn’t wake little Shae, innocent Shae.

I didn’t notice that my eyes had started to drop, a bright light invades my helmet and I open my eyes wide as I glide through a red light and straight into the side of green car, my ears popping at the sound of screeching metal, glass shatters, my head hits something, I’m no longer on my bike.

My eyes close again, my body is screaming at me, someone is screaming, a little girl is screaming for her parents and sister, my eyes open, I can’t see anything, this stupid visor, I can’t feel my legs, why can’t I feel my legs? What’s going on?

Everything is silent, or I just can’t hear, but I hear the sirens, the screaming stopped. I don’t know why, my eyes are shut, they’re too heavy to open. I should sleep.

Yes. I need sleep.

The beeping, what is it? I open my eyes and look around the room, it’s white, there’s a doctor standing over me, checking vitals, now he’s shining a light in my eyes. Good. He said I was good. I was lucky. I can leave, but I have to rest, my head still hurts.

The doctor says it’s a hangover and the side effect of the crash.

He leaves. I leave.

There’s a lady, crying in the hall, “Are you alright?” I croakily ask her, my throat dry.

She looks up at me, her eyes widen as if she recognises me, “You’re the girl that was on the bike aren’t you?” She questions.

The crash. That was me. I’ve hurt someone. I nod, I think it was me.

I expect her to be mad, but she’s not, that makes me feel worse, “My husband, didn’t make it.” She informs me, her name is Liz, his is –was- Jarod. “My girls in surgery.” The girls are six, Theresa and Georgia, Theresa is now blind, the glass went in her eyes, I head butted her with my helmet too, the girls both already were sick, cancer, that doesn’t make me feel better, she’s now blind.

Yet Liz does not blame me, I’ve wrecked her family, and she’s asking if I’m alright. I don’t deserve her forgiveness, her kindness. I swear to help her pay the bills for the girls.

And I do that, I don’t keep any of my money that I earn.

At first I work one job, then two, giving Liz the money, she accepts, at first, but then starts to give it back. Says she can’t take money from an innocent teenager.

That makes me feel bad, I’m not innocent, a man is dead because of me, two six year olds are hospitalised.

It’s all my fault.

And I can’t fix it.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

1.5M 42.7K 49
Lily Tyler Williams was the good girl that wouldn't hurt a fly, but when her brother is killed by the popular people in her school Things change. Lil...
56.3K 1.6K 54
Annabeth was the epitome of perfect. Raised by a controlling mom who believed that looks defined everything she was suffocating on the inside. Moving...
213K 9.9K 35
Wren had thought that she was doing everything right. She had the right career path, the right boyfriend, the right friends. She did everything that...
I am his Af avamari33

Teenage Fiktion

78.8K 1.4K 62
Kaden falls for his childhood friend but has a hard time showing his feelings. He has a terrible relationship with his dad, he smokes, drinks, does i...