Era of the Tame Collar

By FireDragon775

In Zootopia's original draft, predators of Zootopia were forced to wear shock collars in order to prevent the... More

Life in Zootopia
Fish With a Side of Flys
An Idea and a Loan
Koslov
Wilde Times
Rabbit Cop
Sneaky Rabbit
Stranger in Nick's Office
The Savage Fox
Time
One Last Chance
In Need of Help
Taming Party
Escape from TundraTown
His Name's Manchas
What He Knows
Going for a Swim
Heading Home
Judy's Family
Investigating
Change of Heart
On Our Way
Palm Tree Hotel
Razorbacks
Pent House
Wooly
Betrayal
Meeting With Swinton
Swinton's Plan
Breaking Out Again, But With Help
Nick's Past
Reunion
What's Our Plan
Gearing Up
Judy Feels Sorry
Animalia
Stop the Pig
Predator Hero
Why Would a Rabbit Do That For a Fox?
Waiting on the Bench
Rebellion?
For All Predators
Wilder Times

Epilogue

554 22 8
By FireDragon775

Nick washed his red fur, enjoying the hot water from the bath. With money coming in from Wilder Times, a year later, he had enough to buy himself an actual apartment, and not just a wet, damp, section of house with an old anoyying bear as a roommate. No, this time he had this place all to himself, and an actual television as well, and a nice one at that.

But he wasn't always alone. A certain rabbit stayed almost all the time, during which they played games, and talked about their lives, his at the park and hers at the Zootopia Police Department. She'd asked him a few times if he considered joining with her and being  her partner, but he just thought being the park host was what he was better for. But he did think about it sometimes.

He dried off with a dark blue towel, throwing it up in the hanger as he strolled over and put in his black suit, with his red tie. He brushed his fur, then his tail, then brushed his teeth. Nick watched his reflection in the mirror, taking in the ring around his neck that was still visible. All predators had that matted fur around their neck still.  The tight collar sat on some preds for over thirty years. But it was going away slowly, years of wearing the collar took its toll.  Brushing the fur and washing it constantly slowly began taking it to it's original appearance.  In fact, surprisingly, only 6 months after the collars were banned did a shampoo company run by majority prey animals come out with a lotion that helped the faded and matted fur reach it's original fluff.  Nick hadn't known before, but many prey animals had actually disagreed with the collars, but could not do anything in their power to stop it without the risk of being arrested themselves or disowned by their fellow prey.

Nick  walked over to the glassy window, watching  the city outside shimmer in the distance, the giant trees looming above, water droplets falling here and there from the trees.  He still picked a house in the Rainforest District, of course. It was only a 15 minute walk to Wilder Times from here.

The thing he enjoyed most everyday now was the fact that predators AND prey were coming in, loving the rides, eating the food, which they had gotten salads and fruits for the prey now.  And he saw the two sides getting along, laughing, and even some friendships being made. Heck, he remembers watching a young zebra and a young cheetah running into one another, say they're sorry, then they were magically friends, even though one is predator and one is prey.

He and Judy really started something.  And for years to come,  prey and predator grew closer, helping one another, aiding one another. Even years after the collars had been abolished, and years after Nick and Judy passed away, the growing relationship could not have began without a fox and a rabbit who both challenged the stereotypes they faced.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 724 26
cover art by: akemi2310224 Zootopia has become a cesspool. Predators are assigned collars that have needles inside them; designed to push into their...
3.1K 91 24
After the Nighthowler incident, Judy and Nick begin to have feelings for each other, and their friendship and growing love interests are strongly pre...
1.8K 140 20
This my own version of the original concept and premise of Zootopia, but with an unexpected twist! In a world where all predators are forced to wear...
261K 6.7K 37
Y/n is quite well known as being the cute innocent little fox, well from first glance. Gangs and thugs know her a threat, and not to mess with her, a...