Wilder Times

It started with the protest outside Animalia, with Gazelle backing up everyone with her speeches and her fame. Everyone believed a pop star, and she dragged the crowds right along into her beliefs. Even her tiger dancers were back to normal, assisting her in the events. All of the predators that had been effected had been returned to normal and released from confinement. Soon, signs and such began appearing around the city, with "Stop the collars" written in red across them. "The shock needs to stop" written on others. Predators in the city used Nick's speech and act as a way to explain their beliefs on why predators should not be forced to wear tame collars.

And one of the greatest things to surprise Nick was that it wasn't just predators that fought for their freedom from the collars. He saw prey animals along with them, ranging from kangaroos to zebras, bats, horses, antelopes, rabbits, including some of Judy's family, and more. After the events at the theater, thousands of animals witnessed Nick protect Judy from the savage tigers. They realized that the mayor had been targeting predators, and that Nick could control himself without his collar if he hadn't been shot with the night howler serum.

Judy's family saw how Nick was, and they actually liked him. Even the little one that hugged him was rooting for the freedom from the collars. And he couldn't be happier. Judy and Nick participated in every protest they could,along with Honey, Clawhauser, and Finnick. And they gained more popularity. This entire revolution was started by these two, a fox and a rabbit.

Weeks had gone by, and soon Nick was realizing that "No chompers allowed" and "Prey only" and "Predator only" signs had been taken down in most parts of the city. All animals were welcome almost anywhere now. And even though some prey still had their hate for predators and some predators still had their hate for prey, the vast majority of animals began working together. Prey and Predator. Predator and Prey.

News articles of the protests, of certain animals, including prey, taking off the collars of predators with the special devices only owned by hospitals and the police, were shown on the televisions daily.

And none of it was violent either. They screamed, shouted, made signs, fought back, but didn't hurt anyone in the process. This helped gain more popularity for the protests as well. A month went by, and many citizens of the city signed a petition that had been set forth by a snow leopard named Irene living in Tundra Town.

Usually, this would not have gone anywhere. But with the signatures of hundreds of predators and many prey animals added in, it actually got some consideration from the higher ups. The protests were popular, and many joined in everyday. It became the biggest news in town. And finally, after the new Mayor Dawn Bellwether took her place, she went over the petitions and requests from the city. Not many knew much of the new sheep mayor, but it was definitely a great change from Swinton, who was now rotting in jail.

Dawn did her job well, and thankfully, to many animal's surprise, showed care for both prey and predators. She even told in her speech how happy she was to make change, and that she had a predator friend growing up in the suburbs. Therefore, she knew how the collars worked, and promised to change the way animals lived in this town.

Another two weeks went by, and finally, on most likely the greatest day of Nick's life, a law was passed. A law that stated that "Tame collars" were a health risk, and shocked animals that were experiencing even mild emotions. Several other reasons of why the collars were wrong were listed. But Nick didn't care about those reasons. His most favorite part was the end, where it stated that "This requires that all tame collars are to be removed from each and every predator in the city."

One week later...

Nick and Judy walked towards the misty river that ran underneath the large green bridge. It was nearing evening, and the city lights on the other side of the river were starting to cast an orange light over the water. Judy, wearing her dark blue police uniform, and Nick, wearing a black suit with a red tie, traveled near an old abandoned warehouse. His itched his neck, where the fur was still a bit shorter, but free. His collar had come off only a minute after he and Judy had heard the news about the new law. But to the rabbit's surprise, he didn't toss it away or set it on fire or throw it into the river like many other predators in the city did.