The Central Kingdom (Book 3)

By emilyandjenna

Book 3 of The Dark King series More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 7

97 22 32
By emilyandjenna

We had gotten Raven to watch Riesner for the rest of the night until morning. I waited until the sun started to set to actually begin my place. I gather a bag of stuff and I peer into our chambers where Raidyn is fixing his hair into a neater bun.

"Ready?" I smile at him reaching out for his hand with my free one.

"Where are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise." I drag him alone. "Don't be scared."

"I'm shaking I'm so scared." He starts to shake his arms.

I chuckle at him as we head out the front doors of the castle and into the rose garden. I set my bag down in the middle of the maze and then take out a large blanket to lay down. The sky a beautiful shade of orange and pink.

"The last dream, the night before we were married." He smiles.

I lean up to kiss him. "Surprise." I let go of his hand and lay down on the blanket.

"I love it. You're making our dreams come true." He winks at me. "But I hope you brought an umbrella."

I smile at him. "I was thinking about it, but then I just thought who cares?" He lays down next to me and I pull him in for a kiss. My hands trailing up his shirt. I make my way down from his lips leaving little love bites all over. "I miss our little public stunts." My heart is beating so fast as I quickly lift his shirt over his head.

"Anyone in the castle who just happens to look out of the window can see us, are you sure you want to do this?"

I pull back from him. "If you're not comfortable with this..."

"Oh no. I'm not ashamed of everything. I was just thinking of you." He pulls me closer.

"I'm not ashamed either." I continue to kiss him and he rolls us so my back is laying flat on the ground and he is on top of me slowly kissing the spot on my neck that makes me moan. His hands rest on my hips and he moves his hands up causing the material of my shirt to go with him as the shirt is thrown to the side along his own. He leaves kisses on my collarbone and neck and I can't help but look up at the castle and think who could be watching us right now--my adrenaline begins to pump. I breathe heavily as I find my way to his pants undoing the top button and then unzipping the zipper. I slowly pull his pants and boxers down his thighs.

His kissing keeps me distracted as I feel my own pants slide down my body as I kick them off freeing my legs. Raidyn lays bare in between my legs as he continues to kiss me all over my body. I get hit in the eye with a raindrop and I know exactly what's coming.

Rain downpours as he thrusts himself inside of me. I cling onto his already scabbed back as I let out a few involuntary moans. I can't help but laugh through our kiss as the rain soaks both Raidyn and I.

"Beautiful weather we're having." Raidyn smiles down at me. "There's nothing like a good storm, so cleansing and refreshing." He jokes and then continues to give all of his attention to me. He returns the love bites I left on him earlier and continues to plow into me deeper than he had done previously.

I can barely think let alone talk back to him as I run my finger through his hair and occasionally grab tighter when the feeling pulls too strong. My breathing becomes hitched and I watch Raidyn who looks like he is concentrating on the storm. I run my fingers down his jawline and then arch my back into him as I find blissful release and then so does he. The rain slowly begins to stop and I'm now shivering from being soaked. I curl up to Raidyn who is now laying beside me, I cling to his warmth.

"That was fantastic." He pants.

I chuckle as I lean up to kiss him. "A wonderful show we just put on." I run my hands up and down his chest. "I had more planned, but I think we both had our fill."

"No, what's the more? Tell me for the next rainy day."

I lean up to look at him. "I want to try it again." I look at him knowingly. I bring my lips closer to his ear.  "The chains." I say softly.

"Which one of us chained?"

"I don't care." I smile at him. "Either one."

"We can try again." He smiles over at me.

"Right now?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Yes," Raidyn smirks at me and adds, "unless you can't take it and need a break."

"I can too take it." I shove him playfully.

"I don't know you seemed to have a little trouble taking it just now."

"I can take it." I repeat to him breathless in anticipation. "I think maybe we should take this up to our chambers. I think all the peeping chambermaids had enough."

"Really? You think so?" He laughs.

"Either way...there's nothing for me to chain you to, or for you..." I kiss his cheek, "to chain me to."

"True. Let's go." He stands up nude. "I'll race you back there."

I look over at our soaked clothes on the muddy ground, "You mean race to our chambers, naked?" My eyes widen.

"Yes I do. Why? Are you scared?" He stares smugly over at me.

I stand up in front of him. "Fine, but you have to carry my bag back." I smile at him before running through the rose garden. How could I be this mad? I turn around to see Raidyn chasing me, we're both laughing. We run into the castle and it isn't until we see Bren in the hallway that I'm completely mortified. I use Raidyn's body to cover me as I stand behind him.

"How fortunate did I get to see this terrible sight?" Bren chuckles. "Nice bodies."

"Bren, turn around for just a second." Raidyn smiles.

"Oh, there's no way."

I squeeze on tighter to Raidyn as I plant my face into his back. "Bren, please."

"Three seconds." Bren turns around and yells out. "Three..."

I sprint to the room along with Raidyn. We are breathless by the time we close the door and lock it. I laugh and put my hand over my forehead. "Oh Gods, that was humiliating." I exhale. Raidyn throws my bag on the ground. The chains inside clinking as they hit the floor. "So...your choice, who is going to take control?"

"I'll let you chose, my queen. It is your night."

"No." I shake my head. "You're choosing."

"Then it's my turn to chain you."

Raidyn walks over to me picking me up with one of his arms and the other grabs the bag. He gently throws me onto the bed as he takes the chains out and tightly puts the cuffs on my wrists and chains me to the bed. His fingers teasingly trail down my body and to my legs as he does the same--cuffing my ankles to the bedpost. My breathing becomes rapid in anticipation and already I feel so much all at once. It's like I want to cover my body or grab him, but I can't. This loss of control is unbearable. Raidyn looks down at me and smirks.

He brings his hands to my cheeks and then moves them down my neck, my breast, my hips and thighs massaging every part of me until he reaches me feet. I pull at the chains every so often when his lips brush over a sensitive area on my body. I feel as if I'm on fire. He kisses the apex of my thighs and it drives me wild as I let out a moan. I know exactly what he's doing--his teasing is unbearable. I arch my back as he uses his hands to pin me to the bed. "Raidyn." I yank some more at the chains as his mouth travels down toward my navel. "This is some form of torture." I breathe out.

I let out a loud moan as his mouth gives me relief at my burning core. He sucks and swirls and I feel as if I'm going mad as I can nothing but whimper at his touch. I think I bruise my wrists from jerking them in the chains. I just need something to hold onto, to grab. "Gods, Raidyn." I fling my head back onto the pillow. He sticks two fingers inside of me and starts pumping excruciatingly slow. I want to squeeze my legs shut, but the chains don't allow me too. My entire body is screaming for relief--torture, pure torture and next time I am going to take my sweet time when he is chained, I am going to have my payback.

He stops all together causing me to whimper as he kisses me softly on the lips and then my neck kissing over the soft sensitive area making me moan and I jerk my body, the chains rattling and he laughs. "You think this is...funny don't you?" I can't gather any thoughts to form a coherent sentence. "Raidyn, stop teasing." I cry out as he massages my inner thigh. "Please." I breathe out. "I can't take it anymore." My head turns from side to side.

Raidyn still quiet and intimidating lowers his mouth back to the spot I need him the most, his fingers working his magic too as he starts off slow and then picks up the speed. My entire face flushed as I moan loudly at his touch as I become so close to my own ecstasy. Gods I can start to see stars as my back arches and I let out one last moan before screwing my eyes shut and finally getting the release I begged for.

"Out of five stars what does that get?"

"Five." I say breathlessly as he starts to unlock the cuffs.

"Bren and Flora were so right." He smirks cockily.

I grab my wrists as soon as they are free. "Gods, I hated having no control." I'm still trying to regulate my breathing.

"Now I don't seem so crazy for breaking the windows, right?"

"I thought I was going to break the damn window." I put my hands over my face.

"They're newly redone I'd rather you not."

I chuckle at him. "I don't think I have that type of power." Finally I am able to grab him as I reach for his arms and pull him close to me. "Do you think Raven will watch Ries again tomorrow night?" I smirk at him.

"I do, but maybe we should get a babysitter we trust."

"I agree, someone we know though."

"I was thinking Flora's sister."

"That's actually a great idea." I smile at him. "I'll talk to Flora about it tomorrow." Then my face goes pale. "Bren saw us naked."

"It's nothing he hasn't seen before."

"Maybe he's seen you naked, but not me...and I know what you're referring to, but it still makes me cringe that he saw me. My naked body--you were suppose to be the only one." I shudder uncomfortably.

"Want me to beat the image out of his head?" Raidyn wags his fist jokingly.

"Yes." I say with all seriousness.

"I have a better idea, manipulation."

"Please do whatever you must, I really don't want my naked body an image in his head."

"Me either the more I think of it, the angrier I get."

"Kick his ass." I egg him on.

"No. Manipulation." He shoots me a look. "I am not kicking my best friends ass, it's my fault he saw anyways. I should kick my own ass."

I roll my eyes and cross my arms against my chest. "I can't believe you convinced me to run back to the castle naked--I'm pretty sure guards saw us too."

"I don't like thinking about anyone seeing you naked."

"And now this isn't something exclusive to you anymore." I run my hands down my body and frown tauntingly. "Now there's the four guards who stand at the gate, the people who watched us from their windows....Bren." I encourage his jealously.

"I have to leave before you get me so fired up I end up flooding the kingdom."

I laugh and pull him close to me kissing him. "You're the only one." I brush his hair out of his face. I grab his hand and place his palm on my chest.

"You're cruel, you know that? You're a bully."

I shake my head. "Cruel was being chained up. That was torturous and you were a big tease--you're the bully."

"Then we're two of a kind." He smiles.

I lay back down with Raidyn and I hold him close to me as we fall asleep.

When the morning sun rises there is knock on the door. Raidyn and I both grumble, still naked from last night. Raidyn gets out of bed first and walks over to put pants on and answer the door.

"Hey, here's your baby. I think he's hungry." Raven holds Ries out. Her eye catches mine. "Good new Byrd, planning your ball is working out great--I got a bunch of green things. I even started to have my own dress made"

"The ball for what? The ball after the christening?" Raidyn asks tilting his head.

"The ball I'm throwing for Byrd's birthday." Raven smiles.

"Shit! April eighteenth, we missed it." Raidyn frowns at me. "How come you never yelled at me for that?"

"It was nothing to celebrate." I hold the covers over my chest and shrug my shoulders.

"Yes it was!" He scowls at me and turns to Raven. "We will talk later about her ball, I need to plan a surprise with you."

I give them both annoyed looks. "Really guys, it's not a big deal." I frown at the fuss.

Raidyn takes the baby from Raven and attempts to soothe him as he walks him over to me. "You know his christening is this upcoming Wednesday, so everyone in for that will have to stay until whenever this ball is-when is it?"

"Saturday." Raven cuts in. "I already have the staff working on it."

"Beautiful, so it's all together." Raidyn hands Ries over to me, the baby still is crying.

I move the sheets down off my body and put the baby to my chest. "He was just hungry that's all." I soothe.

"So it's settled." Raven claps her hands together. "Raidyn you can make a list of Byrd's favorite things since she didn't make one for me."

"Will do." He nods and runs his hand through his hair. "Red wine, pineapples, and violins for starters."

I smile widely at Raidyn as he names off some of my favorite things.

"Great." Raven nods her head making a mental list. "I already got the color green, now I need what type of meal is your favorite and favorite dessert."

"Chocolate icecream for dessert and some chicken dish." Raidyn cuts in again.

I would say I'm impressed, but Raidyn and I know each other so well.

"Perfect. I'll catch you with you later then to discuss your little surprise." Raven waves and walks away.

"I love you." I say lovingly to him.

"And I love you, my queen." He smiles and then frowns when Ries starts to fuss and whine. "Gods, Ries, what's with all the crying today little man?"

"Well he was hungry." I bounce him in my arms. "Why are you so sad?" I kiss his face trying to comfort him as I hold his body extremely close to mine to cuddle him.

"Probably because he's upset with me for forgetting your birthday." Raidyn stares at me. "How come you didn't tell me or get upset? What was even going on?"

I sigh. "I've never celebrated my birthday my entire life, neither did Astrid, or Arsen, or anyone under Valdus--he gave us all fake birthdays. It didn't feel like anything to celebrate, I'm not use to birthdays being this big of a deal. Besides I believe we were away on business."

"But even when you were six and younger? I'm sure Arleigh and Cynric celebrated your birthday."

I shrug my shoulders. "It's not anything I can recall." I pat Ries's butt as he wails. "Shhh. Come on baby boy, what's wrong?"

"Things are going to be different from now on with that because I cherish you and to me, the day you came into this world is a celebration."

I smile and at him. "I love you so much." I continue to rock Ries who will not stop. "Oh Riesner, what's wrong? Calm down." I say hushed.

"It's just a bad day for our little boy." Raidyn sighs.

I put him over my shoulder and begin to pat his back. He lets out a burping noise and stops crying.

"His eyes look very green today with all that crying."

I pick up Riesner off my shoulder to look him in the eyes--a bright green color. "Look at you, handsome." I kiss him and he starts to smile.

"Gods, I love that smile." Raidyn looks over at the two of us. "I really have to get going though now, I have meetings on tops of meetings today."

"Tonight is reserved for me, don't forget." I give him a pointed look. "Oh, also if you see Bren, please do the thing."

"I will." He nods and throws on a shirt before he heads out the door after kissing both the baby and I.

I put Ries in his crib and get ready myself for the day. I throw on one of my favorite moss colored tunics and black leggings, I put my auburn hair into a messy bun--not bothering to put a crown on. Last I lace up my boots and ready myself for the long list of things I have to do, I grab Ries and head into the opposite wing and over to Flora's chambers.

I knock on the door gently and of course Bren answers. "Oh Gods." I mumble under my breath.

"Flora, you have a guest." He turns from me.

I walk past him and smile at Flora who is laying in bed. "Hey, how are you feeling?" A stupid question to ask really.

"I'm-I don't know actually. I'm healthy, so that's good I guess. I'm not bleeding anymore." Flora's face seems tired. It looks like she has been doing horrible, but I can't blame her.

"That's good." I nod my head. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" I ask.

"Go ahead." She pats the bed. "I would laugh with you about your little stunt last night, but I just don't feel like laughing anymore."

That comment broke my heart, but I still weakly smile at her as I sit and lay next to her in bed. Ries laying on my chest. I hated bringing him in here--I felt like I was just teasing Flora with it, but I still don't trust anyone else to watch him and Raven had him all last night. "You'll get to the point once again, I promise." I turn my head to looks at her. "And then we can laugh about me butt naked running around the castle."

Flora nods. "Yep." She says plain and unconvincingly.

I grab her hand. "I'm here for you, every step of the way, friend."

"Bren, why don't you go to a meeting or something? Byrd is here right now, I'm fine, I won't go and kill myself." She rolls her eyes.

My breath gets caught in the back of my throat at the thought of Flora killing herself--her being this depressed. I give Bren a wary look.

"You're in a bad state, I just don't want you to be alone." Bren frowns.

"I'll stay with her until you get back." I respond to Bren reassuringly.

"Fine, I'll go." He sighs and leaves after kissing Flora's forehead.

When the door shuts Flora lets out a loud groan. "I can't stand him treating me like I'm so frail and fragile and everyone looking at me with such sympathy. I get it! I lost a baby!"

"You're strong Flora, I know you are. It's a hard situation for people to think about, it's not fair to you, I know. We're all just trying to be understanding and respectful to how you're feeling right now."

'Well I'm feeling like I just got comfortable with the idea, just really started to fall in love with it, and then it was ripped away from me like some cruel joke." She says harshly, anger in her every word.

"Life isn't fair." I turn to look at her. "Maybe it was a plan of the Gods, they knew you and Bren weren't ready. This is your second chance." I frown. I want to believe there is some bigger picture--some higher reasoning for what happened and why.

"We weren't, but that doesn't make this any less painful." The anger in her voice turns to hurt.

"I know, I'm not discrediting your feelings. I can't imagine what it must feel like. You have every right to feel like this." I fell in love with Ries before I even found out I was truly pregnant, to have him ripped from me so cruely like that--I couldn't even imagine.

"I am not coming back to work, not for awhile."

"Take all the time you need." I nod my head. "Do you want me to send for your family?"

"I don't want to see them. I don't want to see anyone."

"Would you like to be left alone?" I ask politely.

All the life in Flora appeared to be sucked out of her. "I don't want to do this anymore."

I can feel my hands start to shake. "Don't want to what anymore? Flora." I look at her carefully.

"I don't want to live like this. I wish that this entire situation never happened to me. You know, I think when he comes back I'm going to break it off with Bren."

"Are you sure that is what you want?" I stare at her in the eyes.

"I can't take him hanging around me right now."

"Then I support your deciison." I squeeze her hand. "I'm trying to get things back to normal for you, but at your own pace. I don't want to tell you a funny story if you don't want to laugh. I'm here for you; but I'm also trying to be sensitive to your feelings."

"All of this love and support from all of you feels suffocating. I can't take it. I can't live like this. I don't deserve it."

"Then let's change it." I stand up. "Stop feeling sorry for yourself and let's forget about everything."

"Take me for a walk, queen." She sits up in bed.

"I would love to." I help her out of bed by offering my free hand. "Let's go around the gardens, fresh air feels nice right now."

Flora stands up and starts walking with me. "I take back what I said about ending things with Bren. I just can't stop thinking about what the baby would have looked like, what powers it could've had, what gender even. I really hate that he's beside me through this and so wonderful because I'm so angry and I just want to scream about it, but how do you scream at someone so kind to you?"

"We can still have this conversation, but treat it more like, you want a baby with Bren, I wonder what that child will look like. There is no use in being so hurt in the past; nothing can change and that pains me to say Flora. You have a right to mourn but you need to continue your life, your job, continue with Bren--you love him and he loves you. How about when we reach the gardens you can scream as loud as you want to, let it all out?"

"I'd like that."

We walk out of the castle gates and into the maze of rose bushes, I lead her to the middle and I stop. "Scream." I smile at her as I hold the baby's ears tightly and step away.

Flora lets out a blood curdling scream and all of the nearby birds in the trees fly away. After about a minute Flora falls to the ground out of breath and curls up, placing her hands around her legs and burying her head in too. She quietly starts to cry, her shoulders shaking.

I lay down on the ground next to her and I wrap my free arm around her. "You're okay."

"There was so much blood."  

I recall the horrors so vividly. "Flora, it's okay. You're going to be okay."

"Byrd, what if I can't have children?"

"Do you know how common miscarriages are? You weren't far along. It's very common. You'll get pregnant again I'm nearly sure of i t."

"I don't know what he is doing with me. I'm never going to be a queen."

"Do you want to be a queen?" I ask her.

She shakes her head no. "But I want him."

"And he wants you Flora." I chuckle. "It's all okay, nothing has to change. He is just as in love with you as before."

"Until he wants more than this." Flora unwraps her arms and stretches out her legs. "Let's go."

I stand up and comply to her wishes as we continue to walk through the garden. "You're young, you have years ahead of you to decide what you want--what he wants. A child should not be your worry right now. Neither of you are ready nor married. When you want children the time will come and you will have them, I promise you that."

"I am older than you." Flora gives me a pointed look. "You can't promise me that I will have a child just as I can't promise you anything about your future or the future of your family."

"You're right I can't promise you anything. That also means you can't say you'll never bare children. The future is uncertain--there is no use dwelling then."

"That's better. I hate the bullshit. I just want someone to be real with me."

"Fine. I'll be real to you." I shrug my shoulders. "I can promise you nothing, who knows if you'll bare any children, who knows if I will, or Astrid will. Endless possibilities--that is the truth."

"What is going on with Astrid? Surely she would know of everyone with her gift."

"She's still trying with Finn. It's very strange though, her gift seems to block her future for some reason. I have no clue what's going on. She'll be here for the baby's christening in a few days though."

"How terrible for the Queen of the West." Flora frowns. "I feel guilty about finding some comfort in her struggle."

"Don't feel guilty, Flora." I shake my head. "We're all friends and we all want to help each other no matter the situation. If it gives you comfort so be it."

"I just find it comforting that in a way she shares the pain of being childless." Flora's eyes move to Ries.

"This is not the end for you dear friend, it was one little incident it doesn't mean you will go your entire life childless. Right now, yes you bare the pain, but you still have yet to build your relationship with Bren, marry him and figure out what you actually want to do with your life." I hug her with my free arm. "Come on, let's go back in the castle."

"Good plan."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18 2 13
three stories, three adventures
617K 43K 55
Ace of Queen series. Maya Dorin's story
137 19 18
{3rd book to Nightmaren Curse and Mirror Maze}
2.1M 140K 58
Book 2 of The Underworld Series