The Game of Love

By KaiHeart15

Eight years ago, Sarah Winrey has always been bullied by Leon Ferron, whom she's feared since the very first... More

The Game of Love
The Game of Love Chapter 2
The Game of Love Chapter 3
The Game of Love Chapter 4
The Game of Love Chapter 5
The Game of Love Chapter 6
The Game of Love Chapter 7
The Game of Love Chapter 8
The Game of Love Chapter 9
The Game of Love Chapter 10
The Game of Love Chapter 11
The Game of Love Chapter 12
The Game of Love Chapter 13
The Game of Love Chapter 14
The Game of Love Chapter 15
The Game of Love Chapter 16
The Game of Love Chapter 17
The Game of Love Chapter 18
The Game of Love Chapter 19
The Game of Love Chapter 20
The Game of Love Chapter 21
The Game of Love Chapter 22
The Game of Love Chapter 23
The Game of Love Chapter 24
The Game of Love Chapter 25
The Game of Love Chapter 26
The Game of Love Chapter 27
The Game of Love Chapter 28
The Game of Love Chapter 29
The Game of Love Chapter 30
The Game of Love Chapter 31
The Game of Love Chapter 32
The Game of Love Chapter 33
The Game of Love Chapter 34
The Game of Love Chapter 36
The Game of Love Chapter 37
The Game of Love Chapter 38
The Game of Love Chapter 39
The Game of Love Chapter 40
The Game of Love Chapter 41
The Game of Love Chapter 42
The Game of Love Chapter 43
The Game of Love Epilogue!

The Game of Love Chapter 35

4.2K 69 3
By KaiHeart15

Sarah:

“Go fuck yourself!” I screamed at Leon.

He only smirked in return, saying in return, “I won fair and square, sweetheart. So don’t think you flicking me off will get me off your case.”

“But you—I—ugh!” exclaimed I, exasperated. How could I lose at my own game: Catherine?

Catherine is a puzzle game that’s scares the freaking shit at times. What goes on is you have to move these blocks around so you can reach the top before the platform crumbles, and each nightmare is harder than the last. Believe me; the bosses that chase you up and try to kill you at each end of a nightmare will piss you off. But I love it despite its gore and creepiness. Sometimes after playing this game, I don’t know if I can sleep. Then again, in this game, the nightmares that determines whether you live or die only happens for men (i.e. unfaithful men); I’m safe.

The stage we’re at is the Quadrangle with ice cubes the slide off if you push it. We were competing against each other at the boss level where Katherine (the main character’s fiancée) is in a bridal gown that’s trying to kill you with a freaking sword. And she’s effing quick. Unfortunately, I had a brain relapse for a moment so I couldn’t think quickly enough—and Leon (who was behind me by like ten blocks) took this opportunity to push me off the tower to my death by the time he caught up to me.

So really, I’m more pissed at my brain for drawing a blank—I would’ve won our bet! And what was our bet? If I won this stage, then Leon would be my servant for an entire month (he even gets to wear a maid costume). However, it’d be vice versa if he won. Damn, I was so close to enjoying his humiliation. And like it was already prepared, Leon had the maid costume in his hands, flaunting it in front of me.

“Sarah,” he called in a teasing voice. I practically stomped my way towards him, snatching the maid outfit from his hand. Right when I’m leaving my room, Leon whispers in my ear, “Wear something sexy underneath.”

Whipping around, I instinctively slap him across the face—though I wanted to do more than just that. “Pervert,” I spat, and he laughed jokingly as I disappeared into the bathroom.

When I got out, I wore simple shorts underneath and a spaghetti strap top (since I can’t argue with Leon’s wishes…because I lost the stupid bet). Leon flashed a smirk, and I said in return, “It’s not exactly ‘sexy’, but at least I’m doing something.”

“Good enough for me,” he said, patting the side next to him for me to sit at the edge of the bed.

“So what exactly would a servant of yours do?” I asked for clarification.

He contemplated for a quick minute. “If it’s anyone, they’d just do all my work back at my place. But,” he stopped to bring my face closer to his, “if it’s you, you’d simply just lie right here while I do whatever I please with you—and you can’t resist.”

“Your corniness really ticks me off,” I grumbled. “Plus, that’s just so perverted and disgusting on so many levels.”

Leon scoffed, “I was kidding, Sarah.” His expression and tone earlier didn’t seem like he was. “Now go get me something to drink.” Just when I’ve slid off the bed, my back to him, I could’ve sworn he’s checking me out. Ew.

Right as I’m getting us two bottles of Coke, I feel the vibration of my phone in the pocket of my little apron. Excitement burst through me when Seth called. I’ve been so used to him not being around; the two of us having conversations were such a rarity. “Hey,” I greeted chirpily, “it’s been a while.”

“Yeah,” he said, laughing along—though there was really nothing to laugh about. We just did. “So how’s it going there without me?”

After a long pause, I replied, “We all miss you, but we’re getting used to not having our confrontational blonde boy being protective of a certain blonde ‘little sister’.”

“Ha-ha, very funny righter there, Sarah,” he said in a flat, sarcastic tone. “Is Leon treating you right?”

“Of course he is—except right now he’s pissing me off.” And before he could start asking questions, acting like the big brother he is to me, I add, “I lost a bet to him at Catherine and now I’m his servant for an entire month. What’s worse is I have to wear a maid outfit.”

From the other line, I could tell he was blinking a few times, trying to get a grasp at the situation. “Why would you bet on something like that?”

“Because you know I’m freaking beast at Catherine and I figured that I could beat him and get to humiliate him—but no, I just had to have a slight brain relapse to give him an opening to push me to my death,” I answered dryly, agitation evident in my tone. Changing the subject, ignoring Seth’s laughter, I ask, “Enough of me, what about you? How’s it going in New York?”

Just like I’m right there with him, I could see him biting his lip nervously. He answered in an enthusiastic tone, “I love it here! Everyone’s great, I’ve made quite a few friends, and…um…”

“Um…what?” asked I curiously.

“There’s this girl and…”

“Yeah…?” I urged, eager to hear more about this. When he doesn’t answer, I demand as I laughed, “Come on, who’s the lucky girl! Are you two dating?”

From the other line, I could tell he’s blushing—which is so rare (and so adorable) for him to do. “Yeah and her name’s Patricia Reyes; she’s this really sweet Filipina, and she’s pretty hilarious—not to mention, she’s absolutely gorgeous, too.”

“Aw,” I cooed, “she’s perfect for you!”

“Really, you think so?” he asked.

“Definitely,” I assured. “Maybe over the summer or something you could introduce her to us.”

“Yeah, maybe I will.”

“So…” I began, “how did you two meet? Tell me the story!”

He sighed, giving a low chuckle as he said to me, “At times like these, you’re really like a girl.”

“Whatever; just tell me!” I urged.

Seth gave a nervous laugh as he explained, “It was the first day at the new school and after I was introduced, I kind of saw her and I thought about befriending her.”

“Awww,” I interrupted, “I bet it was love at first sight for you!”

“Shut up,” he teased. “Anyway, we were just in class, and let me just say that she’s freaking smart—incredibly intelligent! I basically tried talking to her; let her get to know me, and I to know her. So after class, I asked if I could hang out with her at lunch, which she didn’t mind. This went on for like a couple weeks and then”—

And then…?” I interrupted; I was enjoying this too much.

“Shut it!” he snapped jokingly. “So I asked her out and she said yes…and now we’re boyfriend-girlfriend.”

“AWWWW!!!!” squealed I. I knew he was getting fed up, but I couldn’t help it. Though I could sense him pressing his palm to his face, I knew he was laughing right along. “You love her!”

“Yeah, I do,” he said seriously.

“Do you have a picture of you two together?” I asked her. “I want to see what she looks like.”

“Yeah, sure,” he replied. After a few minutes, the picture was sent, and sure enough, she was breathtakingly gorgeous (no homo or anything). She had long hair with faded highlights, her skin was nicely—and naturally—tanned, and she was just all around really pretty. It seems that just looking at her, I knew she’s really sweet, and perfect for Seth. “So…what do you think?”

“For you, she’s perfect,” I guaranteed. He was smiling—I could tell. “Well, hopefully she is the one.”

“Hopefully she is,” he said optimistically. “Well, I got to go. Patricia’s waiting for me to go take her to the movies.”

I couldn’t stifle an “Aw.” But I added on, “Well have fun!” before I hung up.

And as for me, I’ve got some work to do for my “master.”

“So Seth has finally moved on,” Leon huffed, relieved.

“Yep, he’s got this amazing girlfriend,” I added on.

“Good. At least I won’t have to worry about him continuing to chase after you,” Leon said.

I rolled my eyes at his remark. “It’s not like he was anyway—he promised me he’d get over me once he’s settled in.”

“Anyone can give out lip service easily,” he pointed out flatly.

I sighed, “Well he kept his promise, didn’t he? Jeez, just stop worrying, okay?” We opened our Coke bottles, drinking them thirstily. Relaxing myself next to him, I rest my head on his shoulder while one of his arms is wrapped tight around me.

“Sorry,” he apologized, “I can’t help it. It just pisses me off when I see you with other guys.”

“Aw…” I cooed in reply—I’ve been saying that a lot recently. Laughing slightly at the awkward (not to mention hilarious) face he was giving me, I reminded, “You’re poem made it real clear about that.”

He nudged my shoulder playfully. “You loved it—even though it was so…sappy.”

“It was really cute and sweet of you though,” I added, flashing a smile at him. His expression softened but I still pressed my lips to his ear, whispering, “I love you.”

Leon smirked, saying back, “I know you do.” When I’m about to roll my eyes and walk away, he tugs at my waist, pressing his face at nape of my neck, saying, his voice muffled, “I’m kidding. I love you, too.” When he lifted his head to face me, I pressed my lips against his, letting those sparks continue to fly.

....................................................................................

I know the picture doesn't entirely match with the description and she looks more Korean than Filipina, but this is the closest I could find. Anyway, vote if you liked it, comment, and just give meh some feedback, yeah? xD Sorry it was kind of short but hopefully you liked it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 345 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...
1.3M 36.5K 54
"What you said hurt, asshole. What did you think would happen?" I yell in his face. I'm so angry that I could most definitely shove his face into the...
8.7K 210 37
Rosa never liked the crowd, nor did she like to talk to others, yet somehow ended up becoming popular amongst her classmates in school. With a beauti...
31.1K 630 14
|| Highest ranking: #9 in protection ⚔️ #1 in A Court Of Thorns and Roses🌹 #7 in Sarah J Maas 🧝🏼‍♀️ || "What?" Rhys asked, frowning at Mor. She s...