Chasing family

By gwenfanatic

More

The begining
Choosing to fight and fighting to stay
20 questions
Breaking out and staying in
Taking care
Perseverance, patience, and pride
Pushing to hard
Making it official
Meet the parents
Running
Back to the start
Rebuilding
Milestone
Life begins
Not Worth It
Let Me Love You
My inspiration
Planning Ahead
Trusting in Truth

Slushies, smiles, and movies

419 10 2
By gwenfanatic

"Got your hopes up for what?" A southern voice booms from the door way

"Blakey! Your here!" She blurts out maybe a little to excited

"Yep here I am." He chuckles walking into the room

"Holy cow is one of those shlushies for me?"

"Absolutely. I knew today was a treatment day so you wouldn't want to eat really. I thought this way at least your getting something in your stomach." Blake says looking at the floor nervously hoping he didn't over step

"Hey, Blake look at me" his eyes lift until they make contact with her sparkling brown ones

"Thank you. I really appreciate it." She says as genuinely as she can and she can see him relax

Blake walks over to Gwen handing her the slushee. He turns to the chair in the corner of the room and walks over to put his stuff down. He sits down and looks to Gwen.
Gwen's expression suddenly changes and now she is wearing a pout. This pout is one of the new things he has found makes him melt.

"Hey, What happened? What's the pout about?" Blake asked slightly self doubting again

"Nothing...." she answers suddenly self conscious

"Now come on sunshine we both know it's not nothing so just tell me."

He moves over to the hospital bed and sits down taking her hand in his. He rubs his fingers over hers without even realizing he was doing it. Blake giving Gwen a pet name made her feel things she had never felt before and she found herself wanting him to say it again.

"It's just.....I.... I didn't get a hug when you came in. I'm sorry that sounded stupid and immature." She says shaking her head

"Hey your not stupid and that's not immature." He answers pulling her into a hug.

Her head fits perfectly under his chin. Hell she fits perfectly everywhere. This is the first body contact of any kind they have had and they both hold on a little to long for two strangers.

As they pull apart, they both chuckle that slightly awkward laugh.

"So I brought angry bird for us to watch." He says trying to break the awkward tension that is now filling the air

"Oh my God your so funny."

"What it's a good movie?" Blake laughs

"It's perfect." She smiled

She knew he picked this movie to make her laugh and it worked. He seemed to alway know what she needs and if she is being honest with herself that kind of scares her. Her ex never cared about what she needed, and here is this man she just met who knows what she needs probably better than she knows herself.

"Gwen. Gwen?"

"Huh?"

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah sorry just spaced out for a minute." She flashes him a smile

That's another thing he can mark down as something that melts him. This woman might just be the end of him and he is perfectly ok with that.

"So are you ready to start the movie?" He looks to her to see her face pale

He reaches for the pink hospital bin as fast as he can and hands it to her just in time for her to throw up in it. When she finishes she gives him an apologetic look that turns to an embarrassed look.

"Hey don't do that" he says pulling her chin up till their eyes meet

"I knew this would likely happen when I walk in that door. I chose to still walk in, ok?"

"Thank you......for everything"

"Anytime, it's my pleasure sunshine."

"I'm ready now." She smiles and he chuckles hitting the play button
.......................................................................
As the movie began Blake couldn't help but wonder how lucky he was to have met such a wonderful woman by chance.

All he wanted to do is make this day a little less difficult for her and he only hoped the slushee and movie would do just that. He had seen the movie before because of the time he had watched his sister's kids and he thought the humor would help Gwen get through the day.

As the movie progressed Blake started cracking up laughing. Gwen turned to him and said "what's so funny Blakey?"

"Oh, I was just remembering how my sister's kids thought that I played the character of Earl the Pig because he sang country music and sounded like me!" Blake said.

Gwen laughed, turned to him and said "well I can't say as I disagree Blake; you could've played that part perfectly!"

They turned back to the screen and continued watching; all the while Blake pondered if he ever truly would make it in the music industry and if maybe someday he could do something like play the role of Earl of the Pig.

As he looked to his side he noticed Gwen was entranced by the movie. The pigs had taken all of birds eggs and fled to their land. He asked "Gwen what's on your mind?".

"Nothing really..." she responded trying to keep her voice even and steady not wanting to cry in front of him

But Blake wasn't having it; he knew something was bothering her.

"Come on Gwen you can tell me..." he said.

"I was just imagining how awful it would feel to have your baby taken from you..but I probably will never know..." Gwen responded sounding distant

He turned to her and replied "Gwen, look at me...You are a beautiful, kind, passionate woman. I can't tell you what it would feel like except that I know how I would feel if my niece and nephew were not around. But Gwen...try to think positively. I know what you are going through is difficult but remember miracles happen every day and if they don't there are other ways to become a parent! And you darlin' would be an amazing Mom!"

She smiled at him and said "Blake...thank you for that. With all that I am going through it can be hard to stay positive but you make it easier."

They continued watching the end of the movie and Blake noticed her demeanor change. She was smiling and happier now. He wasn't sure if it was him or the fact that all the birds got their babies back. But no matter the answer; he knew then and there that he would do anything to keep seeing that smile.
......................................................................
"That was a really cute movie. I'm glad you picked it."

"Well I'm glad that you liked it."

They sit there in an awkward silence for a few minutes. Neither wants Blake to leave yet but both are scared to voice it. Finally Blake builds the courage to break the silence.

"So I'm sure your pretty tired. I guess I should let you get some sleep."

"I am but is it wrong of me to say that I don't want you to go." Blake smiles, his dimples on full display which leads to a smile breaking out on her face too.

"I don't want to go either, but you need some sleep. So why don't I go and let you sleep now and come back in a few hours. I know exactly what we can do tonight."

Gwen's face flushes and pales but this time it's not because she is going to throw up. Did he just suggest what she thinks he suggested?

Blake sees her face and at first he reaches for the bin but then he realizes what that sounded like and he starts back peddling as fast as he can.

"Gwen that's not what I meant at all. I would never expect that with you being in here. We just met. I meant play 20 questions, you know to get to know each other better." He says rubbing the back of his neck.

Gwen let's out a breath she didn't know she was holding as the color returned to her face.

"I'd like that." She smiles

"Ok well I'll see you in a few hours then."

"Bye Blakey"
................................................................
Gwen smiles to herself. Here it was a treatment day and she barely thought about. She hasn't felt that bad and when she did Blake was right there taking care of her. Why does it feel like they had know each other for years when in reality it was only days?Something about him and the way she felt was totally different from the other two guys she was with for years. But how do you let yet another man in when all they have done so far is break your heart into tiny pieces? Gavin leaving had broke her heart into such small pieces Gwen though she would never get it back together. Yet why does it feel like one piece is put back with every interaction she has with Blake? Is he going to be the man that makes her heart whole again?
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Blake walked out of Gwen's room and road the elevator down to the parking garage. He couldn't wipe the smile from his face and the content feeling he has only makes that smile bigger and brighter. He told her he was gonna leave and come back in a few hours even though all he wanted to do was stay with her. Once he got to his truck he took out his phone and made a decision that was potentially going to change the rest of his life. He dialed the number and waited for someone on the other end to pick up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.1K 655 26
π™Έπš— πš πš‘πš’πšŒπš‘, πšπšžπš›πš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšžπš–πš–πšŽπš› πš‹πš›πšŽπšŠπš” 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš‘πšŠπš 𝚊 πš–πšŠπšœπšœπš’πšŸπšŽ πšπš•πš˜πš  πšžπš™, πš πš‘πšŽπš— πšœπšŒπš‘πš˜πš˜πš• πšœπšπšŠπš›πšπšœ 𝚊𝚐𝚊...
275K 5.2K 70
11.7K 676 13
Beynika
10.2K 342 18
Adam Levine and Blake Shelton High School AU.