Trapped In Love ✓

By StellaAdamsHere

"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why d... More

A/N
Prologue!
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
A/N
30
Sorry, I was tagged
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue
BONUS
New book!
Your assumptions?
Truth or Truth?
Need help!

1

200K 4.8K 1.3K
By StellaAdamsHere

Edited.

Interview at the Steele's Company!

A mother is someone who prioritises you, even before herself. She is the one who will scold you but have encouraging words for you the next minute. A mother's position is above any other relationship, not because she gave birth to you. No, but it's because she kept you in her womb for nine months, went through pains and morning sickness, just so you could see this world and even after all this she never once made you count all her sacrifices for you.

I don't mean that father's have it any easy, working day and night just so you could get what you desire. However, he spends most of his time in the office while it our mom's that are with us 24/7. They deal with our emotional burden and this creates a strong and special bond that we have with her or atleast that was what the situation was for me.

Obviously I love my dad to the moon and back, he did everything in him to spend more and more time with the family, but work was a small, little hurdle, my mom on the other hand was always with me.

I have always loved my mom and have always appreciated and respected her, but that respect grew significantly and to an extreme level, when I became one. No, I don't know what it feels like to create a life, but I do know what the hell of a process a mother has to go through while raising her child and especially those mothers who raise their children single handedly.

Hats off to them and every mother!

Like right now, I want to take a nap, but I won't, simply because I can't. Why? Sam wants to play with me and I cannot break his heart by saying no, just so I could relax for sometime.

Relaxation can wait!

That's when a thought came to my mind. Yesterday was friday, meaning the day when I get my salary, so why not go out for some shopping.

Jenna, the manager at Mocs' Cafe paid us at the end of every week. I really liked this idea. Mocs' Cafe is not a regular cafe, in fact it's really fancy. Many businessmen go there for meetings. I work there at the cash counter. My job is simple. I have to manage the cash counter and prepare the details to give to Jenna every week. The salary is good but it's not enough. It is one of the biggest reasons as to why I want to apply for other jobs. I have majored in business and have little to no experience but I hope to score a decent job. I did apply for some job interviews today after Matt left.

"Sammy, do you want to go out for shopping? Mumma needs to buy something." I told Sam and he immediately nodded his head in agreement.

I changed into a pair of jeans and a red shirt. After that I slipped into my sandals, grabbed my purse and the keys of my BMW, something that I bought with my own money that I had been saving for three years, and locked the front door. Today, Matt is busy with some job interviews of his own, otherwise I would have taken him with me. He has an impeccable taste in fashion.

Sam held my hand as we walked towards the elevators. Once we reached the parking lot, I searched for my car. I unlocked it, helped Sam sit in the back seat while I sat behind the wheel and we rode towards the mall. If I am going for some job interviews, I better have some formal clothing.

I never understood the concept of wearing formal clothes to business meetings and jobs. Like, one can work much better with more comfortable clothes like a loose t-shirt and pj's, but then again, it was understandable. I couldn't exactly go before such talented people in my pj's.

Fifteen minutes later, we were in the mall hunting for clothes. I have come here millions of times, but I always bought from the same limited shops like forever21, so I had no idea from where to get formal clothes.

After searching for a good twenty minutes I came across the shop called Elegance. With the hope of getting some good clothes from there, I pushed the door open. I always get confused about when to pull and when to push. I mean through both ways, we were going to enter the same shop, so what was the difference?

"Welcome ma'am, how may I help you?" A lady, who looked to be around thirty asked, as I stepped inside the shop.

"I was looking for something formal." I replied.

"What kind of formal? We have dress for formal parties, business, weddings and for many different occasions." She asked with a genuine smile.

"urm, business formal." I never knew there were so many formals. Formal is formal, so how was I suppose to know that there were other formals in formals?

"Sure. Come this way."

She led us to the other section of the shop and that's when I realised how big the shop really was! It had three different sections, I don't know what was there in the other two sections, but I'll make sure to check them out on my way back.

I shrugged at the thoughts and began going through the racks of clothes.

Damn!

How was I to pick one dress when there are soooo many dresses? Honestly, I have never ever worn business formal before in my entire life. So how was I supposed to find something?

"Mommy?"

"Yes, Sammy."

"What you doin?"

"Mommy's searching for a dress, baby."

Okay, so picking out a dress was harder than I imagined. I need some reinforcements right now. I took out my phone from my purse and dialled Matt's number. Hopefully, he was done with his job interview.

He picked up on the fifth ring and I don't think I have ever been so grateful to him.

"Hey Matt!"

"Yes babe?"

"Can you please come to the mall across the Lights street?" I crossed my fingers and waited for his reply.

"Of course. In fact I am near the said street. I'll be there in five. Which floor?"

I danced internally and decided to make him his favourite pasta tonight for helping me. "I am on the second floor, in Elegance shop. It is the third shop from last."

"Okay, see you soon. Bye."

"Bye." With that I ended the call and began rummaging through the clothes.

"Sammy?" He looked at me confusingly.

"Can you pick a dress for mummy?" Yes, I know I am hopeless. Not my fault that there are so many dresses and they all are equally amazing.

He pointed to a random dress. It was a black printed skirt with a very comfortable looking white blouse.

I took that dress and went to the changing room with Sam trailing behind me, "Sam? Baby can you wait here till mumma changes?" I asked, softly.

He immediately declined. "No! Sammy come wif mommy." He pouted and that is one thing I can never resist.

I was about to speak up when I heard Matt. "Hello Enna. Hello champion!" He greeted.

"You came at the right time! Can you please take care of Sam till I change?"

"No." My smile immediately dropped and my shoulders slumped down.

"Enna, for once, I mean, like at least for once can you stop treating me like an stranger!"

"I don't treat you like a stranger!"

And then he began in a high pitched voice, "Matt, can you please take care of Sam? Matt, can you please help me? Matt, can you please get me a bottle? Matt-" I cut him off before he could speak any further.

He doesn't like it when I request him for something because according to him, we were best friends which we actually are and thus, we should order each other and not request.

"Okay, I got it. I will be right back." With the dress in my hand, I entered into the changing room. I slipped out from my normal clothes and wore the one which Sam had picked out for me.

Even though it was a random guess, the dress was beautiful. It fit me perfectly. The pencil skirt did an amazing job with the beautiful white blouse.

I came out of the changing room to ask Matt about his opinion. His eyes roamed through my body and he nodded his head in approval. If it was any guy checking me out like this, I would have died of shame and embarrassment.

"Man, you look hot! You are definitely buying this!" After that he gave me a few more dresses to try and after I was all done we went towards the billing counter.

I got four formal dress from elegance and some t-shirts and jeans from forever21. Everything cost about $313 which was fine because even though I was twenty two, my parents still sent me money every month.

Weird, right?

But they told me that I was strictly going to get pocket money until I score a good, stable job. So even though my salary before was not that much, I was able to cover up all of my expenses pretty easily.

"Sammy, what do you want?" It was a very obvious question. I know that he was going to ask for his Superman set and racing McQueen cars. This boy is obsessed with these two things.

"Sammy wan raching qeen and supahman." He said, posing like Superman and I laughed along with Matt at his childish behaviour.

After getting everything that we needed, we started walking towards the parking lot where my car was.

"So, Mattie, tell me how was your interview?"I asked Matt.

"It was so fuc-" I stopped him before he could continue. I don't want my little baby to say such words, not now, not ever. I gave him the cold stare, even though I know I look like a kitten with that face. Everyone has told me that I can never look angry, also my cold stare and glare never works on anyone except for Sam.

Obviously, he is my son! This thing will have to work on him.

Swearing was never allowed in my home, so whenever he was at my place, he made sure that he used his vocabulary accordingly.

"-filleting amazing! I think that I am about to get the job!" I gave him the side hug and congratulated him.

Finally, at least one of us was getting a good job.

"What about you? Have you applied for any jobs?" He asked.

"Yep. Just after you left. I hope that I get a call for interview. Fingers crossed." He reassured me that I was obviously going to get a call and I should stop worrying.

Once we reached the apartment, I told Matt that I was going to make him his favorite pasta, so he should not make dinner, for which he literally picked me up and swung me up in the air.

This guy, I tell you!

"Sam, baby let's go for your bath." It was our routine. First, both of us took a bath, ate our dinner and then went to bed. Sometimes in Sam's room and other times in mine.

Yes, I said we because he doesn't like to sleep alone and I also feel paranoid about having him sleep alone. Like, what if some burglar or kidnapper entered our home? Or what if he fell from the bed and I would not have been there?

It was still six in the evening and by the time I would prepare food and give him a bath, it would be around half past seven or something.

"What toys does Sammy wants to play with today?" He would always take some of his toys during bath and would play with them.

"Light and Rusty!" This boy was full of energy and enthusiasm.

"Okay, go and sit in the tub, I'll just go and bring in your toys." He nodded his head and ran towards the bathroom.

"And, you are not closing the door!" I said, in a motherly tone. He again nodded his head and ran away.

Last time, he closed the door and unfortunately the door got locked somehow. It was a lot of screaming and crying and pushing the door, but everything was of no use. Then, I called Matt and he picked the lock, I don't know how, but, since then I have decided not to let him alone in the bathroom, ever.

There is nothing that Matt cannot do. From cooking to looking handsome to a good fashion sense to picking locks, he knew everything. I took his car toys and was walking to the bathroom, when I heard my phone ringing. An unknown number flashed on the screen.

"Hello?" I asked, unsurely.

"Am I talking to Miss Sienna Collins?" The girl on the other side of the line sounded pretty young, maybe even my age.

"Yes, who am I talking to?"

"I am Cathie Jones from Steele's Company and this is to inform you that you have been selected for the interview. The interview is on Monday, so make sure you come at 9 AM sharp."

Well, this was not what I expected. I mean, I was just filling online forms for the interview and I filled the form for Steele's Company too. Never would I have thought in a million years that I was actually going to get a call for the interview this quick.

"Miss Collins, are you there?" Cathie's voice brought me back to the present.

"Huh, yes. Yes, I'll be there. Thank You."

I squealed and jumped in excitement and twirled around. I was dancing and screaming when Sam came out of the bathroom and started dancing with me. I held him and threw him in the air, catching him the next second and twirling the two of us around. He was grinning and laughing just like me, it's just that our reasons for being happy were very different.

"Why mommy happy?" He asked once I put him down.

"Mommy received a call for the interview" I squealed. How stupid of me, how would he even know what that is.

"Mommy can now buy you more new toys." And that was it, he was grinning like a maniac and hugged me tightly.

I need to inform Matt, I reminded myself.

"Sammy loves mommy so much!" He said extending the "so" and gave me a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

"Mumma loves you more, munchkin." I tapped his nose and kissed his forehead.

Hopefully, everything will be good.

Fingers crossed.

~

How do you guys like this chapter? Let me know through comments and what do you think of Sam? Isn't he such a cute little monkey?
Share your views!

VOTE and show your love and support.

Cya till the next update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1M 405K 39
#1 in romance genre (1stJan - 8th Jan.) ( Again placed #1 in romance in Feb) Aaron got up from his seat and walked round the table towards her while...
9.5M 308K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
265K 7.4K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
45.8K 1.5K 39
Daniella Robert gets the surprise of her life finding out that she was married to a guy she really didn't know anything about after having a night of...