The Chosen

By LeandraSanchez

They were chosen, and there was nothing they could do about it. ♛ In editing. More

chapter one - the beggining
chapter two
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty - the ending
♕ book two ♔

chapter three

347 11 4
By LeandraSanchez

edited

Gabe ♔

     He felt the water surrounding him and he heard absolutely nothing. He loved being in water so much it scared him. Whenever something wasn’t right in his life – whether it was failing grades or crazy ex girlfriends, being surbmerged underwater for as long as he could always helped him to cool off.

     He got out of the school pool to find about four girls sitting in bathing suits staring straight at him.

     Ella Red was the only one who caught  his attention, though. She was beautiful... and Gabe had planned on asking her out several times, but he always seem to get too nervous around her to form a cohearent sentence. It was odd, really. Gabe was confident and brave, no one would have guessed that a beautiful girl would make him stutter like she did.

     Gabe took a deep breath, deciding that if he didn’t do it then, he’d never have the guts to. ‘No better time like the present.’ He thought.

     He walked over to them, straightening his back and trying to fake confidence. Just when Gabe was standing in front of her, Ella looked up, and smiled. She lit up when she smiled, and that’s one of the many things he loved about her. It only encouraged him.

     He looked her in the eyes, and grinned. “Go out with me this weekend?” He was proud of himself. He wasn’t stuttering, and he looked good. Even if she denied him, he would still be proud that he had the balls to go through with it.

     “Yes.”

     Gabe’s heart began to beat fast. He smiled at her, and leant forward, giving her a soft kiss on the cheek.

     When he pulled back Ella’s cheeks were red, and he felt satisfied.

     “I have to go now. I’ll see you later, okay?”

     “Okay.”

     He walked away from the group of now giggling girls, and walked into the boys lockerroom. He removed his swim trunks and hopped into the shower, letting the hot water relax him.  He suddenly heard all of the other showers come on at the same time. ‘That’s impossible.’

     He stepped out of the shower and looked around. They were all turned on, and Gabe’s eyebrows furrowed. He began to turn them all off, before all the shower heads broke off, causing the water to uncontrollably spurt out of the large holes. Gabe’s eyes widened, and he put on his swim trunks, running to find the coach.

     Gabe had been chosen, but what were a few harmless pipes to the King of the Sea?

~

Ella

     Ella Red was officially the happiest girl in the world. She smiled at how nervous Gabe looked when he asked her out, and even though he tried to play it cool, he failed miserably. She touched the spot on her cheek where Gabe’s lips had previously been placed, and smiled to herself.

     She looked down at the sketch pad on her desk. A beautifully drawn portrait of Ella’s new boyfriend – Gabe – was drawn.

     “Ms. Red, would you care to show the class what you’re so focused on drawing?”

     Screw you, Mr. Dunn.Ella hated Science. Always had. She never understood atoms or supernova’s or how the sun was so hot.

     “Oh.. it’s nothing, really.”

     “Either you show the class, or serve a detention tomorrow.” He says with a smile,  “Either one work for me.”

     “Go,” Leila whispered from beside her.

     Ella stood up reluctantly and the only sound echoing the room were the legs of her chair on the floor as she stood up, walking shamefully over to where Mr. Dunn was waiting for her.

     Ella gave him her sketch pad and he opened it up to the drawing.

     “Care to tell the class what you were drawing or should I?” Mr. Dunn looked at Ella, who sighed impatiently.

     “It’s a portrait of my boyfriend.” She said, looking down at her shoes. The class was silent, and Ella takes her sketch pad from the teacher’s hand, and sits back down at her seat.

     “Okay, guys. Copy the information on this slide and let me know when you’re done so I can move on to the next one.” Mr. Dunn sat down at his desk, taking a sip of his water bottle. Ella stared at it angrily. Suddenly the water bottle’s top flied off, and the water inside splashed all over his face. The class laughed histarically, and Ella’s eyes widened.

     ‘Did I do that?’ She asked herself. As Mr. Dunn struggled to compose himself, she crouched in her seat, feeling guilty all of sudden.

     Ella had been chosen and making water bottles explode wasn’t the only thing in her long list of abilities.

Noah

     It was fifth period, and Noah was missing Leila.

     Since when did I become such a love-struck dumbass? He thought.

     Leila told Noah she had 2nd period P.E, but Noah wished she had 4th or 6th, so he could maybe bump into her.

     “We’re running the mile today,” Said their pugdy P.E coach and all of Noah’s classmates groaned.

*

     As he was running Noah heard his heartbeat increasing and felt himself working up a sweat. He stopped and took a break – his heart gradually slowing down as he caught his breath. His heartbeat was loud, yet slow. He could hear it as it decreased and decreased and decreased..

     ‘Are heartbeats suppossed to be this slow?’

     Noah pressed two fingers against his neck, feeling for a pulse. There was none. His heart had stopped. He was walking, and breathing like a normal human being, but his heart had stopped.

     What the hell?

      As Noah finished his last lap he walked up to Mrs. Ortega – his P.E teacher. He asks her to check his pulse and she reluctantly obliges.

     The short teacher looked worried as she presses her fingers down several times, not able to find a pulse.

     “Someone, call 911!”

    Noah has been chosen, and his heart stopping was only the beggining.

~

Damian

     He was in dance class. Dance class was open to both sexes, but Damian had been the only boy to apply. All of his friends laughed at him, but he didn’t care. He only cared about one girl that was in that class with him.

     Lily Gomez.

     In his eyes, she was perfect. Smart, gorgeous, talented. He stared at her as she danced with her partner, presenting a dance number that was due that same day. ‘She looks so hot.’ Damian couldn’t help but stare at how her butt looked in the tight dance shorts, and when he felt his own shorts getting tighter, he looked away.

     He looked back up when he smelt smoke. Students were running out of class, and his teacher shouted for them to hurry. He looked to the corner of the room where a fire had sparked. Damian stood up quickly, and exited the dance room.

     Damian had been chosen, and the entire school would be evacuated for his little outburst of joy.

~

Naomi

     Naomi sat in her Science class, feeling bored out of her mind. ‘When will this end?’ She groaned internally. She twirled her hair between her fingers, glancing at the board every once in a while.

     ‘The fire drill was more entertaining then this.’

     She stares at her teacher. For some reason Naomi was fixated on a certain pounding. It was a beating heart. Her teachers heartbeat.  It began to get slower, and slower, until her teacher was sprawled on the floor. The students on the first few seats shreiked and moved away. Naomi didn’t even flinch.

     She had been chosen, and she had powers much scarier than making someone pass out.

~

Brandon

     The bell had just rung and Brandon was outside, talking to his best friend Toby Ramos. “Look at your girl flirting over there,” He nodded over to Samantha.

     Brandon refused to admit that he liked Samantha, but when he looked over to where she was, he still felt a pang of jealousy. “Jealous?” Toby mocked.

     “Fuck no. I would never date her.”

    ‘Correction; I wish I could date her.’

      Brandon glanced behind Samantha, where his bus had pulled up. “Gotta go.” He said to Toby and walked toward it, hoping inside.

     A certain girl gets inside the bus, and sits right next to Brandon. “What do you want, Autumn?” Autumn Callum had had a crush on Brandon ever since Freshman year. She would stare at him in class and during lunch and sit next to him on the bus.

     “I want you to take me on a date.”

     Brandon rolled his eyes. “I don’t like you, Autumn. How many times do I have to tell you?”

     Autumn huffed. “You’ll see how good I am for you some day, Ferrera. And by then, I’ll be long gone.” Autumn stood up and walked to the front of the bus, sitting down. Brandon sighed, exhausted. It was the same routine every day. She sat next to him, demanded she be taken on a date, and swear she’s the best he’d ever get when he refuses.

     Brandon looked out the window, daydreaming about Samantha. Suddenly a sweet smell snapped Brandon back to reality. He looked out the window, a certain image catching his attention. It was a boy on his bicycle. He had scraped his knee. Brandon focused on the foreign smell as he stared at the boys injury. As the bus pulled up to his house, Brandon saw his reflection in the window.

     His eyes were bright red. “Holy fuck!” He gasped, jumping back and falling on his ass.

     “Hey! You! Get off!” The bus driver yelled at Brandon, making him shoot up and run out of the bus and into his house.

     He pressed his back against the door as he tried to control his breathing.

     Brandon had been chosen, and red eyes and the sweet smell of blood was just a perk of being who he was.

~

Samantha

     Samantha had finally gotten home. She walked into the bathroom and took off her clothes, noticing how pale she was. She shrugged it off, thinking she was just in lack of sunlight.

     She took a quick shower and dried off. She put on her clothes and looked in the mirror to check for any signs of blistering puberty. She grabbed her phone and made a group chat with Leila, Lily, Castiel, Belle, and Melody.

     Samantha: Guys.. I have something important to tell you!

     Melody: Me too.

     Belle: Me three.

     Castiel: Me four..

     Lily: Me five :/

     Leila: Well aren’t you all fucking special?

     Lily: Lol. But seriously, we all need to meet up tomorrow during lunch. Agree?

     They all agreed.

~

Leila

     It was currently nine pm and Leila still hadn’t showered. She was pretty nervous. All her friends had something to tell her. She hoped the knews wasn’t too bad. Or bad at all. With Noah in the hospital she didn’t think she could take anymore bad news.

     She grabbed her phone and began playing song “Angel With a Shotgun” by The Cab. Leila absolutely loved them and that song.

     She started undressing and felt pressure on her back. She looked at the reflection in her full-length mirror. She began to scratch at her back, trying to get the uncomfertable feeling to go away.

     ‘What the hell?'

     Her nails suddenly clung to a certain spot. She held on to the area and pulled, making her flinch in pain. She looked at what was in her hands, and her eyes nearly popped out of her head.

     “A feather?” She whispered.

      She realized that now, she did have something to tell her group of friends. 

     But what she didn’t realize was that out of all her chosen friends, she was the most chosen of them all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499K 979 29
A few wedgie challenges for you guys! If you want you can tell me ideas and I'll add them Tell me how it went while you were doing these! it woul...
26.7K 22 9
Mature, Sex, Smut
165K 3.8K 63
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
86.8K 3.3K 7
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"