You'll Never Walk Alone [Comp...

By gerlonso

All is fair in love and football...“When you walk through the storm, hold your head up high…” Alex Knight, ph... More

Chapter 1- Hold Your Head Up High
Chapter 2-Melwood
Chapter 3- We Love Liverpool, We Do
Chapter 4- Glory 'round the fields of Anfield Road
Chapter 5- Men of Anfield
Chapter 6 - A Liverbird Upon My Chest
Chapter 7- We're the Pride of Merseyside
Chapter 8- I Heard a Kopite
Chapter 9- Men of Shankly's Best
Chapter 10- Poor Scouser Alex
Chapter 10 - Poor Scouser Alex: Part Two
Chapter 11- After The Ball Is Over
Chapter 12- Off to Win the Treble, Like Never Before
Chapter 13- Where's Your Euro?
Chapter 14- Scousers Rule the Country
Chapter 15- Walk On Through the Rain
Chapter 16- Where were you?
Chapter 16- I Just Can't Get Enough
Chapter 18- Oh David de Madrid, Too Good To Be True
Chapter 19- Matchstick Men
Chapter 20- Those Evertonians Are Crying Still
Chapter 21- PSV We Send You A Kiss
Chapter 22- We Gave Our Hearts to Liverpool
Chapter 23- We're Liverpool
Chapter 24- You'll Never Walk Alone
Epilogue

Chapter 17- But Our Hearts Will Always Swell

585 13 3
By gerlonso

“So you just kind of walked out?” asked Anne and she and Lucio wore identical confused expressions.

“Well I didn’t know what to do!” I replied leaning back on to the lawn chair. A day had been given off to both staff and squad, and in result we were all sprawled in Lucio’s massive backyard with warm cups of tea in our hands. As December was nearing, the weather kept going from bad to worse, but fortunately today was just a bit chilly, nothing unbearable.

“You know, you are really confusing.” Lucio said before popping a small cupcake into his mouth.

“Stop eating those, you’ll get slow.” I quickly snatched the bite sized cupcakes away from him side and set them down opposite to me.

“He’s right you know. I don’t understand you sometimes. Here you go, liking this guy, and you two have some sort of forbidden love and you can’t have him, so you go about life depressed. He tells you that he really doesn’t have a girlfriend, and in front of you goes on to break up their fake relationship, tells you that he likes you and thinks the world of you, and then you just walk out!” she shook her head from side to side before taking a small sip of her cup. “You bring this down upon yourself, you really do.”

Lucio crawled over me in order to get to the cupcakes, stopping briefly on his way back. “Lo que ella dijo.” What she said.

 “Guys!” both heads snapped up at my exasperated tone.

“What?” both replied in union.

“What was I supposed to do? Stand there and say ‘Oh David, it’s ok that you have been lying to me, and to the world while you’re at it, but no really, it’s fine, not like I cared or anything. Not like I spent months trying to get over your, not like I spent hours trying not to be upset over you.’ Give him a hug and a high five? Can you really blame me?”

“Yo no se porque te preocupas, si en realidad lo quieres, lucha por el.” I don’t see what the big deal is, if you like him, go for it Lucio said, shrugging nonchalantly.

“That’s just it! That’s so easy for you to say, everything is so carefree and happy for you! Not everyone can live as happy as you, Lucio.” I regretted the words as soon as they left my mouth. I saw Anne’s jaw drop, but that’s nothing to how I felt when I looked at Lucio. I saw his eyes turn from surprise to hurt as he dropped his gaze to the floor, along with the cupcake he held in his hand. I groaned in frustration and I reached over for his hand.

“Lucio, you know that I didn’t mean that. It just… I’m just so frustrated, ugh… I’m sorry.”

“That’s fine.” He looked back up at me with a smile that could have fooled anyone, except it was missing the usual twinkle; the smile didn’t quite reach his eyes. He shook his hand loose from mine and stood up, dusting his jeans off. “I’m going back inside, I’m cold.”

“I have to get going, I have a meeting in thirty, and I’ll catch you guys later.” Anne stood up and gave a hug to Lucio and I, whispering a quick “Be nice. “in my ear before leaving.

“Lucio, I’m sorry, I really am. I shouldn’t have said that.” I called after him, quickening my pace to match his stride.

“It is fine.” He said, but his far off look said otherwise. He leaned on his backdoor, allowing me to step inside. Once inside we shed our outer layers and set them on the coat hangers that adorned his living room and headed towards the kitchen. He took the cup in my hand and set it in the dishwasher, along with his. He turned back around to face me “It’s my fault, I should have thought better.”

“No, no. It’s not your fault.”  I said walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his waist. He sighed and returning the hug. I felt a small rumble in his chest, before it turned into a laugh, it was contagious and even before I knew why he was laughing I was laughing too.

“You are right, its David’s fault.” He said in between a laugh, causing both of us to go into giggles again.

“Yes it is!” I said after I was able to breathe again, and just like that, everything was fixed, the twinkle in Lucio’s eyes back in full shine. In the background the doorbell rang, causing us to come to a full stop.

“It’s probably Anne that forgot something, go get it I’ll start cooking us something for lunch.”

“Vale!” Lucio said with a thumbs up as he walked away towards the door. I opened the fridge looking for ingredients I could use, thankfully it wasn’t hard, and Lucio’s fridge was fully stocked with everything imaginable. I was in the middle of taking out chicken breasts and bell peppers when Lucio came rushing in.

“Hablando del Rey de Roma! He’s here.” Speak of the devil Lucio said again starting to laugh.

“What?” I almost shouted.

“He’s here.”

“Where?”

“He was right behind me.”

“You led him here! Lucio! You could’ve kept him in the living room, instead of here!”

“Lucio?” I heard David call out coming closer.

“Lucio! I really really don’t want to see him right now! What do I do?” his footsteps were so close, I could hear each and every one.

“I don’t know!” he looked to the side and open a cabinet door, and shoved me in. “Good thing you’re small! Now stay quiet.” Lucio told me from the slits in the door, but of course I could see out, but he couldn’t see in.

I was about to protest when I saw David step in the room, looking the very much flawless he was. I was still a little stung from the last time I had seen him, but I couldn’t stop my mind from admiring his beauty.

“A quien le hablas, loco?”Who are you talking to? He asked Lucio, a smirk adorning his face.

“Myself. I was going to cook, but then I remembered I can’t.” Lucio said without missing a beat.

“Hmn. Let me help you.” He replied, now with a sincere smile as he rolled his sleeves up and walking over to wash his hands.  After he was done, he set to work on cutting up the bell peppers, sautéing them in a skilled with the chicken, exactly how I had told him a few weeks ago.

“Si tenemos un verdadero chef en el equipo o que?” We have a chef in the squad? Lucio asked teasingly.

“Not at all, I just pay close attention to what Alex tells me.” He replied with a sad smile.

“I’ve been meaning to ask you, what’s going on with you two?”

“I’ve screwed up. Again. Around her, I can’t ever get anything right.” He sighed, resting his elbows on the kitchen counter.

“Why? What happened?” Lucio asked, then quickly sending a wink in my direction.

“Long story.” David trailed off, walking again to stir the food.

“She rejected you didn’t she!” he asked.

“Yes. No. I don’t know. She just kind of left.”

“And how does that make you feel.”

David shot a warning look towards Lucio before laughing. He went on to tell Lucio everything, and Lucio nodded and raised an eyebrow in all the right parts, as if he was hearing the story for the first time.

“So why didn’t you tell her outright?”

“I don’t know… well because of Mariah. I’ve known her all my life, she’s like a sister to me, a daughter to my parents, and what if Alex didn’t like me? I would have told her for nothing. I was torn, damned if I did, damned if I didn’t.”

“You like her a lot, don’t you?”

“Too much for my own good.”

“If she were to give you a chance, would you ever lie to her again?” Lucio said, again with a smile in my direction.

“Never, I wouldn’t dream of it. I’d treat her like a queen, just like she deserves.” He replied looking out the window. “Lucio, tienes una taza en tu cesped…” You have a cup in the middle of your yard.

“Si?” Lucio asked leaning over to look. I scoot over to see if he was right, and sure enough, the cup that Anne had been drinking out of was out there.

“Let me go get that, I’ll be right back.” Lucio said, jogging over to the door and heading out to retrieve it.

David turned his attention to the skillet he had been cooking in and was about to turn it off when he suddenly started looking for something. “Sal. Sal. Sal.”Salt. Salt. Salt. He repeated over and over, looking for a saltshaker. He opened various cabinets and cupboards before looking towards the cabinet that I was in. I held my breath as he started walking towards me, taking his time. He had his hand on the door’s handle when he made one last look around.

“Oh mira, ahi esta.”Oh there it goes. He said, spotting the saltshaker that stood on top of the breakfast table and walking towards it.

I let out the breath I had been holding and swiped an imaginary bead of sweat off of my forehead. Big mistake. My arm on its way down accidently  knocked over a broom that had been standing next to me, and consequently made a very loud crash when it landed on the floor. David immediately spun around and briskly walked towards the door. I closed my eyes in anticipation of what was to come. When I opened my eyes, two green ones were staring back.

“Alex?”

~*~*~*~

Hi.

Was that a quick upload or what?(: Its short, but I wanted to spoil y'all,and I was happy to see Doni and Daniel playing(: Haha, anyways, tell me what you think is going to happen next?! Will Alex forgive De Madrid? Should he finally ask her out? Should I start on my 12 page paper that is due next week? Comment and vote if you want(:

Till next time,

YNWA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.4K 451 23
[𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇] 𝐉𝐨ã𝐨 𝐅é𝐥𝐢𝐱 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐚 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐳 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐦𝐢�...
140K 5K 37
𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 ──── ❝please don't be in love with someone else! please don't have somebody waiting on you!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 they must learn...
14.5K 512 20
ᝰ kylian mbappe AND I KNOW YOU SAID THAT WE'RE NOT TALKING. BUT I MISS YOU, I'M SORR...