The Chosen

By LeandraSanchez

They were chosen, and there was nothing they could do about it. ♛ In editing. More

chapter one - the beggining
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty - the ending
♕ book two ♔

chapter two

419 13 0
By LeandraSanchez

edited

Leila

     After being up until almost 3 a.m she still didn’t have a solid reason as to why she fainted the day prior.

    It was only Tuesday and already so much was happening

     She went into the shower and decided to wash her hair. The shampoo felt nice and she rubbed her scalp a little longer then usual. When she got out of the shower and turned back around to get her hairbrush she noticed something in the drain.

     ‘A feather?’

     Leila picked it up, cringing slightly at it’s soggy texture.

     The feather was black and long. Very long. It couldn’t have been from any animal, but Leila didn’t know that. She immediatly threw it away and felt a chill run down her spine.

     What the hell is a feather doing in my drain?

     That was the second odd thing that had happened that week. Leila was starting to get fed up with it already.

     She dried herself off and walked downstairs to eat breakfast. She sat next to her dad as her mom was finishing up some eggs for her.

     “Mom, why’d you ask if I knew why I fainted yesterday?”

     Leila could feel her father tense up, but she let it go.

     “Oh, I don’t know, honey. I just wanted to know in case we had to go to a hospital or doctor.”

     Liar.Leila thought to herself. Leila’s mother always told her not to lie – so she didn’t. She always told the truth, even if it was the cold hard truth. It bugged her that the person who scolded her for lying about who ate the last cookie in the jar when she was five was now keeping secrets from her daughter.

     “Oh, okay.” Leila simply shrugged.

     She ate her breakfast and got to the bus just in time. “Hey!” Said Lily, obviously feeling much better.

     “Hi, Lil. What happened to you yesterday?”

     “Oh, nothing. I just had a little cold, but I’m better now.” She answered, a grin on her face.

     Leila smiled back as the bus stopped. She looked out the window and its Belle’s house.

     “Yay, Belle’s back, too!”

     She came inside the bus with a smirk.

     ‘What happened to her yesterday?’ Leila asked herself.

~

Belle

     What had done the day before was amazing, but Belle couldn’t seem to get her powers back. She was starting to wonder if maybe she dreamt it all – but it couldn’t be. Everything she had seen was definitly real, and she was determied to bring her powers back somehow.

     “Hi, guys!” Belle sing–songed as she sat down.

     “Hey, someone’s happy.” Said Castiel.

     “Sure as hell am!” She said and realized she had too much enthusiasm for someone who was “sick” yesterday.

     “..because I feel better, that is.”

     “You sure?” Questioned Leila. No one could never get anything past Leila. She was smart, and sly, and she knew how to tell when anyone was lying. Whether she knew them or not.

     “Yup.” Belle said hoping she’d let it go.

     “Okay..”

     As they got off the bus Belle still tried out her powers, just in case.

     Belle tried to change something about the bus – anything. She opened her eyes and..

     ‘Nothing. Damn it.’

     “C’mon!”

     She caught up to the rest of them and they walked inside.

     Belle really hoped her powers came back soon.

~

Lily

     So far everything was fine.. no fire–breathing, no snake–tongue.. no pale skin. But she was still trying her best to not get angry at anyone, or do anything that would cause her emotions to go haywire.

     Lily’s friends decided not to get breakfast that day and to just go directly to Spill Out.

     Just as they stood up they heard, ”No Spill Out today, it’s raining. Unless you’re still eating, report to the auditorium.”

     They all groaned in unision.

     They walked, to the crowded room and sat on the stage.

     “This sucks,”Lily said.

     Lily looked over to Belle and she’s focused on her shoes. “Belle?”

     “Huh?” She questioned, completely out of it.

     “What are you doing just staring at your shoes?”

     Now they were all looking at her.

     “Oh nothing, just thinking.”

     Mrs. Linares, their vice principal got on the stage and grabbed the microphone.

     “I’m going to put some music! Quiet down!” Everyone kept talking and ignored her.

     “They’ll never listen to her,” Said a strange yet familiar voice.

     Lily looked to her left and it was none other then Noah.

     “I agree with Noah,” Melody smirks.. “I’ll do something.”

     They all giggle and Noah smiled, because they all knew Melody could never tame a croud this big. She was the shy one. The one who blushed when the gang got a little crazy in public.

     “May I?” She said as she took the microphone from the nervous supervisor holding the object tightly.

     “Everyone quiet!”

     Melody’s voice was so loud, almost everyone in the auditorium jumped.

     “You’ve never been that loud before... what’s gotten into you?”

     “I don’t know, I’m sick of being pushed around. I like having and attitude.” All of Melody’s friends raised their eyebrows at her and then turned their attention to Leila.

     She hadn’t been paying attention, only staring at Noah who was focused on a Skateboard magazine.

     Samantha snapped a finger in front of her face and she blinked rapidly as she came back to Earth.

     She smiled innocently and miraculously, Noah didn’t notice.

     “Can I see what you’re looking at?” Leila spoke up.

     Noah stood up with a smile and sat next to Leila. They all looked at each other knowing they should give them space so they move a little to the left, but the two lovebirds were too consumed with each other’s presence to notice.

Noah

     Yesterday when Leila fainted he felt scared, worried. Looking at her unconscious body on the pavement almost made him faint.

     He looked at her as she took the magazine he was holding in his hand. “Which one is your favorite?” He was curious to know. Noah knew that Leila wasn’t much for skateboards – or anything like that – but he always wanted to know her oppinion. What she was thinking.

     She points to a long board with a mermaid on it and he smirked, shaking his head.

     “What?” A blush crept up on her cheeks making Noah smile even wider.

     “Nothing, I have that one.”

     She smiled and then asks, “Which one’s your favorite?”

     Noah points to a board. It was almost completely black, but you could make out a grey skull.

     “People on the stage, go to your homerooms.”

      Noah stood up, walked down the steps and exits the auditorium. He kept walking until it hit him; he didn’t ask Leila for a hug. He loved the smell of her hair and the warmth that she provides, but he alwyas forgot.

     Noah thought about asking her out before, but his hands got sweaty and his heart beat so fast he got scared he would pass out. Even though he knows she was interested, he never had it in him to ask her to be his.

~

Leila

     When she got to homeroom she was able to finally let it all out.

     She was laughing. Actually laughing. She didn’t know why, but everytime she was happy about something that happened with Noah she laughed. And laughed and laughed and laughed.

      She was laughing so uncontrollably that even her homeroom teacher Mr. Morales was looking at her like she was some mad woman. She finally calmed down, and took a seat next to her friend, Ashley James.

     She was tall, though not as tall as Leila. Ashley laughed and asked, “Are you okay?”

     “Yeah,” Leila smiled weakly.

     “Noah?”

     “Noah.” Ashley and Leila had been friends for a long time, and she knew the drill. Once in a while, she would walk into homeroom either blushing or in a fit of giggles, and it was always Noah.

     She nodded her head slowly.

     “What do you see in him?” Ashley asked, crossing her arms with a sly smile on her face.

     Leila honestly had no clue.

~

Castiel

     It was third period in Mr. Morales’ Math class and he was bored out of his mind. The only reason he was still awake was because his crush, James Hollson was there. Castiel always tried to finish his work as soon as possible so he could sit back, plug in his earbuds and listen to love songs as he watched James work until the bell rang.

     James stands up from his seat in the far corner of the room, his eyebrows furrowed in frustration. As he walks by, Castiel can’t help but sneak a peak at James’ round, firm butt. Castiel feels his lower region become hard, and his pants were now extremely uncomfertable for him, but he tried his best to ignore it. Castiel lowered his music so that he could hear what James and the teacher were talking about.

     “Mister, I forgot the formula for Volume of a Triangle,” James said, walking up to their Math teacher. Mr. Morales explained to James what the formula is, and all Castiel does is stare. At James’ lips, his shaggy brown hair, his cute butt. Castiel blushed when James turned to look at him. James smiled, and began to walk in his direction.

     Castiel removed his earbuds, and smiled shyly at James. James sat in the empty seat next to Castiel, and he scooted the two seats closer.

     “Hey,” James spoke in a husky voice.

     “Hi.”

     “Did you finish the classwork?” He asked looking Castiel up and down slowly.

     James quickly blinks, and looks back up to Castiel’s eyes, making him practically melt in his seat.

     “Uhm.. yeah.” Castiel manages.

     “Can you help me with this last question?” He moves forward and Castiel suddenly tingling.

     “S–Sure.” James smiled at Castiel innocently. For some reason Castiel felt emberrased – self concious. ‘Could James notice how hard I’m blushing?’ He thought. He just wished he was somehwere else. Anywhere but there. Castiel closed his eyes for a brief moment, and when he opened them again, he was in completely different surroundings.

     “What the hell?” Castiel murmured. He turned in a circle, looking at the cars that were frozen in the middle of the streets. Some leaves were stuck in mid air, and Castiel’s eyes widened.

     Castiel blinked once, and he was back in his seat, next to unknowing James. ‘What the hell just happened?’

     “Thanks,” James said, bringing Castiel down from his slight high. 

     “Oh, you’re .. you’re welcome..”

     It was like Castiel hadn’t moved an inch. It was like he was never gone.

     Castiel had been chosen, and teleporting to the front of the school wasn’t the only trick he had up his sleeve.

~

Melody

     Melody loved Office Aid. She loved to help people and that was exactly what she did there. She went from class to class to deliver whatever anyone needed, and sometimes she would call students that were leaving early. Most students hated the class – but she didn’t. She loved to help – it relaxed her somehow.

     The only thing she hated was when the Seniors pushed her around like she was nothing. Melody usually let it go but now that she had this strange jolt of confidence, she wouldn’t let them get away with it.

     “Hey,” Melody felt an arm turn her around harshly.

    Oh fuck no.’ She thought to herself.

     Melody looked ticked off, and the unlucky Senior that had turned her around looked surprised. “Woah,” She whispered.

     “What?” Melody hissed.

     “Your... your eyes–”

     “My eyes are what!?” Melody was starting to loose every ounce of patience she had – and that was saying a lot considering she was the most patient person anyone ever knew.

     “Your eyes are yellow!” The frightnened Senior whisper–screamed.

     Melody raised her eyebrows, and decided to go to the bathroom to check for herself. No one was there. Melody looked in the mirror and the sight before her made her gasp in shock.

     Yellow. Melody’s eyes were bright yellow. Not like the cheesy edits they made in the movies – not contacts – but really yellow. As if she was born with them. Melody rubbed her eyes, and tried to convince herself that maybe she was having a dream. Maybe it was because she forgot to eat lunch that day. ‘That has to be it. This can’t be real.’ She thought. But it was. It was as real as anything could ever possibly get.

     Melody closed her eyes for a brief moment, then opened them again.
Green. Her eyes were back to the normal, Green/Hazel they’d always been.

     She let go of the breath she didn’t know she was holding.

     High School stress is really getting to me.’ She thought. But it wasn’t the stress. Not at all. Melody had been chosen, and there was nothing she could to to change that.

~

Samantha

     Samantha walks into her U.S History class – Ms. Mouttet’s class with Leila and she sees him.

     Brandon Ferrera. Samantha and him were friends – but lately Samantha had been thinking of him as more.

     Samantha was so frustrated. Lately she had been having these dreams about.. Brandon. A lot of people dream about their deepest disires, but that had never happened to Samantha. She had always been in control of her feelings, but when it came to Brandon she couldn’t even control the large smile that came across her face when she thought of him.

     ‘This can not be good.’

     Brandon looks at her and smiles mischeviously.

      “You’re such an idiot.”

      “Yeah, but you know you love me.”

     Samantha tensed up and rolled her eyes. She looked at Brandon once more, and his attention was now focused on Mrs. Mouttet, who was teaching their lesson of the day. She look at his plump lips and the way they curved, wishing desperately that she could kiss them.

     “Miss Blu?” Mrs. Mouttet steps in front of Samantha, blocking her view. She looks up at an irritated Mrs. Mouttet, and smiles apoligetically.

     “Tell me what I just said.”

     “Said.” Samantha instantly replied, making the class snicker. Mrs. Mouttet walked back to her desk, picking up a detention slip and handing it to the now blushing girl. Samantha’s lips parted in shock.

     “That’s for mouthing off.”

     Samantha sighed, pursing her lips. She felt something pointy on both sides of her lips. Her eyebrows furrowed as she swipped her tongue over the pointy objects. ‘Are these.. Fangs?’ She asked herself. She looked through her backpack and pulled out a floral compact mirror. She smiled, revealing that she was correct. She had pointy pearly white fangs. She shook her head in disbelief, putting away the small mirror. She blinked and focused her attention on the board. She didn’t want to get in trouble a second time.

     Samantha had been chosen, and she hadn’t given it a second thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 1.2K 34
Rihanna is a high school girl about to graduate when she meet the don will they live happily or will they argue all the time.........
288K 13.5K 62
ပုံတိုင်းဆောင် +ရာချီဒွေး သူကြီးသားလေးနဲ့ အပေါင်ဆိုင်သားလေးတို့ကိုဖတ်ပေးကြပါအုန်းရှင့် တောရွာပုံစံလေးကိုမှ ကြိုက်နှစ်သက်ရင်တော့ဒါလေးဖတ်ဖို့တောင်းဆိုပ...
105K 1.4K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...