Silence and Sadness

By Lizzy_Rose12

Gerard Way was a pretty happy kid. He didn't like talking to people, and sometimes he got all panicky around... More

Chapter 1-Hello
Just another new kid?
More than friends.
Love
Bob Explains More
Breaking the Ice
(So Long And) Goodnight
Not an Update
The Bridge
A Vow
Memories and Romance
Happy Anniversary
Announcements!!
Early Sunsets
Secrets
Duet
Secrets Come Out
Safe
Thankful
The Truth Comes Out
Speech Therapy
Mischief
The Fanfiction Awards 2017
Breaking Down
I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
Falling Apart
Angel
I'm Okay, I promise.
Stressing
Happiness Gone Wrong
I Love You
Through it All
End of an Era

Reunion

257 8 0
By Lizzy_Rose12

{Can we just talk about how Frank and Gerard are next to each other, and Ray and Mikey are next to each other?  (¬‿¬). *whispers* Frerard and Rikey and real!}

{Gerard's POV}

       "Yes, I know it's tomorrow, Mom. We're trying, but for whatever stupid reason, our flight was delayed an hour. I might be a little late, but I'm trying. He doesn't know, does he?" I asked. I had gone three weeks to visit Bob in Florida, and now we were coming back, since Bob was out of school for the summer. Frankie was graduating High School tomorrow. "No, none of us have told him. Ray and Mikey have been keeping him busy, so he doesn't think about it, but honestly, I can see it's killing him inside. He wants to see you, honey. He misses you." she said. I sighed, running a hand through my recently dyed red hair, and said, "I know, Mom. Bob and I are trying to get there as fast as we can." I stopped and listened as the loudspeakers came to life and some lady started speaking. "There, they just called our flight. We'll be there soon, I promise. I'll call you when we land. You'll be here to get us, right?" I asked. "Of course. Be careful, and tell Bob the same. I'll see you guys soon. Love you!" she said. "Love you, too, Mom. Bye." I said. She said bye and hung up. I met Bob by the gate and we headed onto the plane. We had already taken care of our bags and everything earlier, before the flight was delayed for "Minor Inspection and Maintenance", as the lady at the desk put it. "Is everything good?" Bob asked. "Yeah. My mom said to be careful, and she'll be picking us up when we land." I replied. "What about Frank? Is everything okay with him?" he wondered, following me onto the plane and taking his seat beside me. "Yeah, he still doesn't know we're coming back, but Mom said he's been hiding the fact that not seeing me is slowly killing him. She said it's really obvious he misses me. I think I'll call him when we land." I said. Bob nodded. "That's smart. Man, I can't wait to see my parents, and Mikey and Ray." He said. "Yeah, me too. Especially Mikey. I'm sure he's been missing me just as much as Frankie." I said, chuckling a little.

       We took off, and I decided to just sit back and relax, staring out my window and taking in the view. The stewardess came by and asked if we wanted any food. Bob and I both got chicken. Bob asked for coke, I asked for coffee. Bob rolled his eyes, laughing, at my choice of beverage. "Yeah, yeah, I like my coffee. Shut up, Bobert." I said, emphasizing the nickname I gave him when we were kids, which I knew he hated. He glared at me before turning back to his food. I sipped my coffee happily. 

       About four hours and fifteen minutes later, we finally landed at Newark Liberty International Airport. (Story research sucks!) Bob and I grabbed our bags from baggage claim, and went outside, trying to track down my mom. "Gerard! Bob! Over here!" I heard someone shout. I looked around, unable to find the person shotuing our names, until Bob tapped my shoulder and pointed out my mom. Smiling, I walked up to her, but she met me halfway with a huge hug. "Hey, mom." I laughed, returning the hug. Finally, she let me go, smiling. "It's so good to see you, honey. Hi, Bob! How are you?!" she greeted, giving Bob and equally big hug. "I'm great, Donna, thanks. It's good to see you again." Bob said. I laughed at how formal he sounded, and he gave me another nasty glare. "Come on, boys. Your parents have been waiting to see you, Bob. Gee, you're father and you're brother have been dying to see you. And Ray can't wait either." Mom rambled, leading us towards her car. I went to say something, but she interrupted me with, "Don't worry, Gee. Frankie still doesn't know. Ray took him out to the mall while your father and Mikey got the house all ready. Everyone's coming over for dinner tonight- Your parents, Bob, and Ray and his parents. We're going to have a big dinner. Ray is bringing Frankie home later, and we're going to surprise him." Donna explained. "That sounds awesome, Mom. I'm going to call him, just to say hi and stuff." I said, pulling out my phone and hitting the first selection in my speed dial. 

         "Hi, Gee!" Frankie answered. I laughed and said, "Hey, Frankie. How are you?" "I'm okay. I miss you." he answered. "I know, baby. Remember what I said? Bob's break starts tomorrow, so I may be late, but I'll be there. I promise." I said with a small sigh. "I know, Gee, but I want to see you. Please, try and hurry." he whined. I couldn't help but laugh. He was too cute. "Frankie, don't whine. You're graduating from high school tomorrow. You're not a child anymore." I scolded him jokingly. "I know, I know. Just, please hurry up, Gee." Frank begged. I tried not to let him hear the hesitation in my voice. "I am, Frank. I'm trying. I'll be there soon. I promise. I...I have to go. Bob needs me to help him with some stuff. I'll talk to you later, okay?" I asked. "Okay, Gee. Tell Bob I said hi. I'll see you soon. I love you." he said. "I love you, too, baby. So much. I'll see you really soon. Bye." I replied. Frankie said bye and hung up the phone. I sat back in my seat, letting out a long and slow sigh. "It's okay, Honey. You'll see him soon." My mom said, reaching over in the seat and rubbing my shoulder soothingly. "I know. I can't wait." I said, a small smile spreading across my lips. 

{Gerard's POV}- three hours later

          We were almost done getting everything ready. Mom had left the room to take a phone call. She came running back in a minute later. "Ray is on his way back with Frank! Is everything ready? They'll be here in about five minutes!" she shouted. "Yes, Donna, everything is ready?" Dad said, laughing. I was leaning against the wall, an anxious smile spread across my face. "Only a few more minutes, huh? You ready?" Mikey asked. "I can't wait. I want to see him really badly." I admitted. "Trust me, I know. He hasn't shut up about wanting to see you either." Mikey said with a small laugh. "I've missed you too, Gee. A lot. It's really awesome that you're back." He said. I pulled him into a hug, smiling. "I missed you too, Mikes." I said. "They're here. Gee, Bob, hide!" Donna said. I rolled my eyes and ran out the door leading into the garage with Bob. We were supposed to wait out here and come in when my mom came to get us. Bob gave me a funny look. "What?" I asked. "You're mom is weird." he said, trying to contain his laughter so Frank didn't hear us. "You're not wrong there, Bryar." I replied. We quieted down so we could hear what was going on inside. I heard my mom say, "Hey, guys. We were just getting ready to sit down for dinner. Come on." Ray knew the plan, but Frank was told that they were all having a celebration dinner for his graduation with Bob and Rays' families, and that Bob and I couldn't make it. "This is amazing, Donna, thank you." Frank said, sounding a little upset. "You're welcome, dear. I'm sorry Gerard couldn't be here, too. Now, all of you can help yourselves. I have to run out to the garage. I forgot to grab the wine I bought earlier from the little fridge out there. I'll be back." Mom said. I could hear her coming towards the door, and then I heard her opening it, and watched as she shut it behind her. 

         "You guys ready?" she asked. I nodded enthusiastically and waited as she quietly lifted up the garage door enough for us to slip underneath and get out into the front yard. Bob and I were supposed to go to the front door and come in that way, and Mom was supposed to go back into the hosue with the wine bottle she had actually bought. I just wanted to surprise Frank in the hosue when he arrived, but no, Mom had this whole elaborate scheme planned out to make it more exciting. I reluctantly agreed to go along with it. "Okay, to wait until you hear me inside before you ring the doorbell." Mom said excitedly. "We know, Mom. Go!" I said, shooing her towards the garage door. "Okay, Okay, I'm going." she said, rushing to the garage. I heard her grab the wine from the fridge and go back inside. "Here it is. Sorry, it was buried in the back for some reason. Must have moved it around earlier." she said. I watched, peeking through the window as she took her seat at the table, and giving me a discreet smirk. "I can't believe she planned out all of this. This is really insane." Bob remarked. "Again, not wrong. You're on a roll today, Bobert." I laughed. He glared at me before his expression turned serious. "Are you ready?" he asked. I took a deep breath and nodded. It was time. I was going to see Frankie. Bob helped me to my feet and we rushed over to the porch. "Do you want to, or should I?" Bob asked. "I'll do it." I said. Taking one last deep breath, and letting it out, I finally realized how nervous I was. "What if he isn't happy to see me? What if he's mad that I lied to him?" I asked, quickly and a bit irrationally. The anxiety was starting to take over, I could feel it. "Hey. Hey, Gee, look at me." He said, grasping me by the shoulders and looking me in the eye. "He'll be so excited and happy to see you, he won't even remember that you lied to him. And really, you didn't even lie to him. It was part of the surprise. Trust me, Gee, everything will be fine. I promise. You okay?" He asked. I took a few deep breaths, trying to calm my nerves, before finally nodding. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks, Bob. I just...Guess I wasn't thinking too clearly." I said.

        Bob nodded. I didn't have to explain. I knew he understood. "Now, let's not keep Frankie, or your mom's food, waiting. I'm starving. Come on." he said, laughing. I smiled and turned, pressing my finger to the doorbell. "Frankie, dear, can you get that?" Mom asked sweetly. That was the sweet voice I remembered, the voice I could almost never refuse. It made me smile even more, hearing my mom use that voice on Frankie. "Sure thing, Donna." Frank said. I heard his chair scrape quietly across the kitchen floor as he stood up. I could hear his footsteps approaching the door. Finally, the door opened. 

{Frank's POV}

        "Frankie, dear, can you get that?" Donna asked me as I took a bite of the spaghetti Donna made me. She made meatballs separately, since Mikey liked meatballs, and I didn't eat meat, which made me really happy. Her voice was really sweet. I remembered Gee laughing once and telling me he couldn't say no to her when she asked like that. He really loved his mom, and I didn't blame him. She was really nice, and just awesome. "Sure thing, Donna." I said with a smile, rising from my chair. "Thank you." she said. I nodded and headed towards the door, wondering who in the world was here. We didn't get a lot of visitors, really just Bob and Ray, and their parents on occasion. I opened the door, and I could feel my breath get caught in my chest. 

       I immediately noticed the way his beautiful hazel eyes glinted in the light of the porch, the way his beautiful lips instantly parted in wonder as he laid eyes on me, the way he stood there, gazing into my eyes, as if we were the only two people around. "Hi, Frankie." he said, a small smile appearing on his lips. I could feel tears springing into my eyes as he stepped closer, into the house. I instantly threw myself onto him, pulling him as close to me as possible and breathing in his scent of coffee and cigarettes, now slightly mixed with the sweet, tropical air of florida. "You said you wouldn't be back until tomorrow." I said. "I wanted to surprise you." He said, refusing to let go of me. It had been three weeks since we'd seen each other, but it felt like years. "I missed you so much. I missed seeing your beautiful face, and hugging you." I said, tears streaming down my face and falling onto his black jacket, which he didn't seem to mind. "I know, angel. I missed you too. I especially missed doing this." he said, leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. I pushed back gently, smiling into the kiss. When he pulled away, he smiled at me and said, "Come on, let's sit down and eat. I'm hungry, and this big idiot hasn't stopped complaining about food." He gestured to Bob, who stood in the doorway, smiling as we had our reunion. "When isn't Bob complaining about something?" I said with a laugh. Everyone else at the table laughed, while Bob just rolled his eyes and walked past us, sat down at the table, made a plate, and started eating in silence. "Don't worry, Bobert. He's only messing with you!" Gee teased, knowing he hated that nickname. I took Gee's hand and led him to the table. The two of us sat beside each other and started eating. 

        Later on, when everything was cleaned up and everyone had gone home, Gerard and I were lying next to each other in our bed. It was really his, but he called it "our bed", so I just decided to roll with it. He was currently playing with strands of my hair, just kind of twirling it around on his finger. "You're like a small kitten. You're so amused by my hair." I said, laughing. He smiled and continued to play with my hair anyway. "It's entertaining. I love your hair, and I love you." he said, leaning across my chest to plant a small kiss on my cheek. I turned my head and reached over to grab the back of his head, pushing down until our lips pressed together. "Well, someone's in a good mood, I see." he chuckled as he pulled away. "Of course. I'm graduating from that hell tomorrow, and you're going to be there, which makes it even better. I'm just happy you're back." I said. He hummed, sighing and lying back on his pillow. "I'm glad to be back, too." he said. I yawned, feeling really tired, but not wanting to go to bed. I wanted to spend more time with him. He laughed, knowing what I was thinking, and shook his head. "Go to sleep, Frankie. You have a big day tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll still be here when you wake up. We can spend the whole day together after the ceremony tomorrow. Go to sleep. I love you." he said, running his fingers through my hair soothingly, making me feel even more tired. I snuggled closer to his chest, admiring the warmth, and smiled. "I love you, too, Gee. Goodnight." I said. I heard him chuckle and say, "Goodnight, Frankie." as I drifted off to sleep.

Wow, 2,633 words, excluding my notes and stuff. A lot gets done when you're sitting in your house alone, bored out of your mind. (T_T). Anyway, if you liked this chapter, please remember to vote and comment. If you're as bored as me, maybe check out some of my other stories. I've got the two "Heart of Nubia" stories (original), and lots of fanfiction including two Code Lyoko fanfictions, as well as one completed and one current Black Veil Brides fanfiction. You can also check out my "Lyric-Poems" story, where I take an album and turn the lyrics to the songs on the tracklist into poems. You can also request albums for me to do. Instructions for requests are written in the note at the bottom of each poem. 

Anyway, thanks for reading! I'll try to update ASAP. Later!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 108 30
Frank Iero is the new gay kid. At his old school, he got bullied for being gay. His parents are getting a divorce. Now that he's got a new start, he'...
962 42 29
Frank and Gerard have been best friends forever. What happens when a new kid arrives and gets in between the two? Read to find out. Sorry there's no...
4.2K 222 24
Frank Iero finds himself with a year-long prison sentence, gaining the unwanted attention of two of its most notorious inmates. They both 'want a pie...
22.8K 547 40
Gerard Way is a stuttering, new kid in a new big school who suffers from a number of difficulties, not to mention his tendancy to wear girls clothing...