Right place right time

By writenamehere

Sam never expected to meet this guy, but when she did, she didn't want to let him go. Dan howell fan fic... More

Right place right time
Do I know you?
Reassurance
Unexpected
Perfect
Fandoms
Dreams
Friends
Cold
Lost
Hunt
Home?
Broken
I'm here
Calm ~ part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Memories
Over
Attacks
End

Time

133 1 0
By writenamehere

A/N

We actually got told to write fan fiction in assembly.

I have been told, by my school, to read and write fan fiction then upload it to this website thing they've got...

I won't be uploading this...

Enjoy!

Byeeeeeee <3

Phil's POV

2 years.

2 years since Dan met Sam.

2 years since I began to get more distant from my best friend and flat mate.

2 years since Annie and I became friends.

And finally, 2 more year have gone by without me having a girlfriend. Sigh.

I went through to the lounge to see Dan and Sam in their usual positions, lying cuddled up on our sofa watching cartoons.

"Hey Phil." Sam said happily as I walked in. I smiled a little in response and sat at the other end of the couch, as far away from the pair as u could.

"What's up?" Dan asked me. I keep forgetting how well he knows me; he always knows if something's wrong as soon as he sees me.

"Nothing." I mumble, knowing full well that I'll end up telling them. Both of them have surprisingly good persuasive skills. I decided to cut out the middle man and sighed. "It's just... I just think... I'm just really happy for you guys. I guess I hoped I could fin something like the thing you have, but I can't. I just feel... lonely?" I say, finally turning to look at their concerned expressions.

"Phil, you are the single most adorable thing on the planet. Any girl will be lucky to have you, just you wait. Someone special will come along. In the meantime, how about Dan and I are a little less coupley for a while, and you and Dan should go out for beers or something manly." Sam instructs us.

"Oh no it's alright you don't have to-"

"Look, I've already made my decision so there's no point arguing. You guys need to spend more time together, you're best friends. I need a girls night out with Annie as well so it all works perfectly." Sam said, smiling with how well her plan worked out.

"That sounds like a great idea, you game, Phil?" Dan asked me.

"If by 'going out for beers' you mean staying in and making a video then playing skyrim and eating copious amounts of food, then yeah, I'm in." I grinned an Dan looked at me knowingly while Sam just rolled her eyes.

"So guys if you enjoyed this video be sure to give it a thumbs up, and I'll see you next week! Bye guys!" I waved to the camera and turned to face Dan, flicking the off switch on the camera. "There we go. That should keep the 'phandom' happy for a while." I joked an Dan shoved my shoulder playfully.

"So what's been going on in Phil land lately?" Dan asked, crossing his legs and sitting in front of me on the bed.

"I dunno... not much." I sighed, mirroring his actions.

"That's not true, there's always something going on in your little world." I shrugged. "And I've known you for a billion years so I know when something's up." I sighed again. That's the trouble with having a best friend, you couldn't hide from them.

"Honestly?"

"Honestly."

"I'm lonely, Dan." I looked down at my hands.

"Let me help?" Dan put his hand on my shoulder but my gaze stayed firmly fixed on my hands.

"What can you do? I'm too scared to talk to girls, it's my own fault."

"It's not your fault! If it's anyones fault it's mine. This is cheesy as shit but I've been too wrapped up in my own life lately to notice that you've been feeling like this. I say we pack up this camera, edit that video later, get changed and go out. At the least, you'll be able to at rt talking to people again. Okay?"

Dan looked at me hopefully, he really was trying to help. "I'll pack up this camera later. Let's go now." I gave him a small smile, getting up and stretching out my back after stiiting down filming for so long. Dan grinned at me and got up himself, heading towards the door and texting Sam to let her know what we wee doing. I decided to wear one of my checked shirts and, of course, my newly bought black jeans. I pulled on my converse but decided against wearing a jacket, just stuffing my wallet and phone into my pockets.

"You ready?" I called in the vague direction of Dan's room, where I could hear a string of swearing mixed with a few small crashes, before he opened the door, looking a little dishevled. "You look like you just went on a 100 meter sprint and then had a wrestling match with a pair of straighteners and a can of dry shampoo." I told him.

"That's right!" Dan laughed, he grabbed his leather jacket to go over his neatly buttoned up shirt and heald up his converse, littered with spikes and studs. "These?" he asked and I laughed in response, which evidently he took as a yes and put them on, tying the laces before heading downstairs towards the font door.

Dan's POV

A couple of hours later we were sat in a traditional English pub, both of us drinking our second beer of the evening.

Phil was nervous, but I'd organised to meet someone here without him knowing. Call me cruel, it was for his own good.

"Hey Phil... I've arranged to meet up with a friend if that's alright?"

"Yeah sure." Phil said half heartedly, nervously looking round the pub, which was beginning to fill with people.

Sam and I had actually got this whole night planned out. She had a friend who we'd decided would be perfect for Phil, in every way. She was quite short, but not too small, with jet black long straight hair, matching in colour to Phil's. She had delicate features, her nose was straight until it flicked up a little at the end, her eyes were huge and green like cats eyes. She liked the same things as Phil; muse, anime, all things adorable, and had her own quirky little fashion sense.

My eyes scanned the room until they finally came to rest on a girl who had just walked in the door. She was wearing a light baby blue shirt and small bow tie, with high waisted black skinny jeans and small ballet pumps.

She had her long hair down in loose tousled waves and a pair of little round glasses were balanced on her nose. I gave her a little wave to grab her attention and she shyly waved back, making her way over to the table.

Sam and I had told her that I just wanted to meet up with her to get to know each other better, seeing as we'd only met a couple of times, and despite it being the worst excuse ever, she agreed to come. I may not have mentioned that Phil would be there... Nor had I mentioned to Phil that we were meeting a girl.

"Hey Dan," She said quietly, as I got up to give her a hug and Phil fidgeted behind me.

"Hey Marceline." Her name was probably one of her best assets. Marceline. She's only named after one of the characters off mine and, most importantly, Phil's favourite cartoons, Adventure Time. I got up and greeted her, before reaching behind me and dragging out a rather embarrased and nervous Phil. "This is Phil," he waved a little. "He's my flat mate and best friend. Phil, this is Marceline, she's a friend of Sams."

"Er, you don't have to call me Marceline, most people just call me Mary..." she said to us, but primarily to Phil.

"No no!" Phil rushed. Could this actually work?! On the first atempt?! I made a mental note to text Sam at the first oppertunity. "Marceline is amazing. Same name as the girl from-"

"-Adventure Time. Yeah I know, lame huh." She sighed.

"No! I'd give anything to be named after an Adventure Time character... preferabley the muffin dude. I'd probably eat myself though..." he mimed taking a bite out of himself. Oh god Phil... luckily Marceline found him funny, and as I rolled my eyes she giggled, covering her mouth with her had as she did, just like Phil.

"I'm gonna get a drink, can I get anyone anything?" I said, getting up and digging round my pockets for my wallet.

"Could I get a beer?" Marceline asked.

"sure, flavoured or just normal?"

"You can get flavoured beer?!" she laughed.

"Yeah," Phil started. "I had a rasberry beer once. It was amazing!"

"I guess two rasberry beers then, thanks Dan." Marceline smiled, already relaxing a little and taking a seat across form Phil.

I headed over to the bar and ordered two rasberry beers. I didn't order for myself, i wouldnt be staying long enough anyway. Sam and I had the classic emergency-call-meaning-I-had-to-go-home-immediately planned, and she was due to call round about now. Right on que, my phone began to vibrate in my pocket, so I handed the guy a fiver and answered it.

"Pick me up food on the way home? I really, really can't be bothered to make anything myself."

"Hello to you too. You'll never believe how well this is going."

"Is it working?"

"Better than we ever thought it would. They're both as nervous as anything, Phil pretended he was a muffin, but they're getting on so well!"

"Oh my god it actually worked!! Now food and home. Love you!"

The line went dead. Brilliant, now i have to talk to myself.

I picked up the drinks and hurried over to the table, where Phil and Marceline were still deep in coversation. I put the drinks down on the table and put the phone back up to my ear. "Yeah? Okay. Just stay there, I'll be right over. Love you too." I mimed hanging up the phone and slipped it back into my pocket. "Sorry guys, Sam had a bit of a... um... Painting emergency. Needs my help. It was great to see you Marceline and Phil I guess I'll see you later." I smiled and headed to the door but felt something grab my arm.

"What the hell Dan?!" Phil shout-whispered so that Marceline wouldnt hear.

"Reeeeal emergency here Phil. You'll be fine!" I winked at him and ran out, making my way towards McDonalds to pick Sam and I up some food. I'm such a good boyfriend.

Phil's POV

God, I was't sure weather I wanted to kill Dan or fricken praise him right now. Leaving me alone, in a social setting, with someone I didnt know?! On the plus side, Marceline was incredibley beautiful and so nice... Come on Phil. This is your chance. You've been standing looking at the closed pub door for a good minute now, not moving, any longer and she'll think you're insane. Go. GO!

I spun round quickly and headed back to the table, taking my seat opposite a rather confused looking Marceline.

"Sorry about that, Dan said he had to go help Sam with something. You dont have to stay if you don't want to..." I trailed off. Well done Phil, tell her to go home, thats a good way to start a conversation.

"No it's fine, it'll be good to meet someone new and you seem great." Well, talk about second chances. Just dont mess this up again. "I'm starting to think this wasn't an accident though." Marceline blushed.

"How do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, Sam's always asking me when I'm gonna get a date, asking to set me up with her friends and stuff."

"Oh my god that makes total sense!

Dan was taking loads of interest in me dating and everything again, I can't believe I didn't put two and two together!" I said, thinking back over the past few months and our conversation earlier.

"And unless Dan holds phone conversations with his contacts list, he wasn't talking to Sam just then."

I laughed, typical Dan, once again using his phone as an excuse.

"I guess we should just play this one out as they planned it, we're here after all." She said, shyly.

"Why not."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 10.2K 35
Dan Howell has been your best friend since forever! You are so comfortable when you are around him but you have finally realised that you can't stay...
712 29 15
It all began when Phil Lester (AmazingPhil) have a crush on Dan Howell (Danisnotonfire). But Phil doesn't know that Dan have the same feeling on Phil...
33.1K 927 22
This is (obviously) a Dan Howell, or danisnotonfire fanfiction. This was completed as of January 4, 2015 :) please vote and comment thank you for rea...
256K 7K 62
After Y/n left her abusive relationship everything started to look up for her. She moved in with their best friend, her channel started to blossom. L...