Snowflakes Fall and So Did I

Von CrazyAnimationChick

*Cover Art by Panprika* When Elsa's parents leave for business over seas, they send Elsa and her sister to li... Mehr

~CHAPTER 1~
~CHAPTER 2~
~CHAPTER 3~
~CHAPTER 4~
~CHAPTER 5~
~CHAPTER 6~
~CHAPTER 7~
~CHAPTER 9~
~CHAPTER 10~
~CHAPTER 11~
~CHAPTER 12~
~CHAPTER 13~
~CHAPTER 14~
~CHAPTER 15~
~CHAPTER 16~
~CHAPTER 17~
~CHAPTER 18~
~CHAPTER 19~
~CHAPTER 20~
~CHAPTER 21~
~CHAPTER 22~
~CHAPTER 23~
~CHAPTER 24~
~CHAPTER 25~
~CHAPTER 26~
~CHAPTER 27~
~CHAPTER 28~
~CHAPTER 29~
~CHAPTER 30~
~CHAPTER 31~
~CHAPTER 32~
~CHAPTER 33~
~CHAPTER 34~
~CHAPTER 35~
~CHAPTER 36~
~CHAPTER 37~
~CHAPTER 38~
~CHAPTER 39~
~CHAPTER 40~
~CHAPTER 41~
~CHAPTER 42~
~CHAPTER 43~
~ CHAPTER 44 ~
~CHAPTER 45~
~CHAPTER 46~
~CHAPTER 47~
~CHAPTER 48~
~CHAPTER 49~
~CHAPTER 50~
~CHAPTER 51~
~CHAPTER 52~
~CHAPTER 53~
~CHAPTER 54~
~CHAPTER 55~
~CHAPTER 56~

~CHAPTER 8~

609 30 7
Von CrazyAnimationChick

"Jack?!" Did he follow me out here? He certainly wasn't here a moment ago. Why did he follow me?  

"Yep, the one and only. Well, I guess there are millions of Jacks out there, but none of them will ever be me." He says, chuckling softly. "Do you mind if I sit here?" He points to the spot right next to me, and while I wanted to say 'no' I didn't want to be rude. I'm sure he already thinks of me as cold hearted.

"G-Go right ahead," I say, hoping he didn't notice my stammer. My body stiffened when he sat next to me. He wasn't sitting so close to where our arms or legs were touching, but he was still close. The space between us is a mere few inches.

We sat together under the tree in silence, just watching the people in the lake have a good time. The awkwardness was so thick that it could be cut, and I hated every second of it. What is he doing here? What's his purpose? Surely there's a reason for him sitting here with me. I doubt it's because he wants to. Unless...oh my god. Is he finally going to ask if I'm the girl from his past?!

"So are you enjoying the party?" Jack suddenly asked, making me jump.

"Oh, um, well...." I let out a nervous chuckle. "To be honest, no. I know I just got here a few minutes ago so I suppose I should still give it a chance, the night is still young after all, but...I don't know. I'm not used to these kinds of parties."

"Let me guess," he says. "You're used to the rich, fancy, glamorous, proper, and formal types of parties, right?" There was no sign of bitterness in his voice as he spoke these words, but I could detect a hint of playfulness. Is he teasing me? Then again, when does he ever not tease?

"Um....yeah," I answered, feeling my cheeks go red. "My parents would probably disown me if they saw me attending a party like this. I'm still surprised my aunt granted us permission to go."

"Where are your parents again? I heard that they went overseas for business," says Jack, really trying to keep the conversation going.

I nodded. "Yeah. My father is an architect and my mother does the interior design. They're helping to design and build new medical centers and schools in countries that need them. So in the meantime, my sister and I are staying with our aunt, uncle, and cousin."

"Interesting." He replied, but I wasn't sure if he meant it or not. "So for how long will they be gone? How long will you and your sister being staying here?"

"For about a year," I answered, surprised at how well the conversation flowed. "I'll finish senior year and figure out what to do for college when the time comes."

Jack chuckles, "Yeah, I still have to do that too. I'm already stressed out."

"So am I," I agreed.

This is where the conversation stops. We sink into the pit of awkwardness that starts to swallow us, and after only one dreadfully long minute, I couldn't take it anymore. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and asked my question. "Jack, what....what are you doing here exactly?"

He looked over at me, his blue eyes connecting with mine in confusion. "What do you mean? It's a party that I, along with everyone else, was invited to."

"No," I shook my head and looked away. "I mean, what are you doing here....right now....with me?" I dared to look back up at him. "Last I checked, we....don't exactly...talk much. Is there something you need?"

He stared at me for a few seconds, which felt like years, before letting out a tired sigh. "There is actually."

I knew it. "And what would that be?"

"Answers."

I freaking knew it. Why else would he just pop up out of the blue and sit next to me? He wants answers, and since no one else is around I guess it's the perfect time he gets them. It's just as Rapunzel had told me before; if neither of us do it he might go to Anna and I can't let that happen.

"Alright," I say, trying to sound confident like my father. "What are your questions?"

Jack looked at me in surprise. "Wait what? You're serious?"

Now it was me who was confused. "Um....yes? Why wouldn't I be?"

Jack rubbed his neck and chuckled nervously. "I just...I didn't think it would be this easy. I thought you'd....well...not want to talk. You're not exactly social. If I had known you'd be willing, I would have came to you a long ago."

Thank you, Captain Obvious, for stating my social issues that I'm already well aware of. "Well," I start, nervously picking at the grass, "I still don't want to talk, especially since I know where this conversation is going, but...I want to get it out of the way. It's way overdue and I'm done waiting. I'm tired of it."

Jack released a shaky laugh that was filled with disbelief rather than humor. "It really is you then, isn't it? You're the girl I helped off the pond six years ago."

My heart sped up, beating faster than lightning in the span of one second, and my palms feel sweaty as I tried not to fiddle with them. I knew he knew. I knew it all along. I nodded and said, "Yes, I am. And you're the boy who helped me get off the ice. The boy whose father..." I didn't finish. I didn't need to. We both know what happened.

"So you knew it was me?" He asked.

I nodded once more. "I knew it was you as soon as I saw you at Open House." I pause to swallow, hating how dry and tight my throat is. "I'm guessing you knew right on sight too?"

A small smile tugs at his lips and he nods. "Yeah. You've kinda..." he rubs his neck and chuckles nervously, "You've kinda been haunting my dreams."

My eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yeah," Jack nervously chuckles again and removes his hand from his neck to his lap, "I only remembered how you looked as a kid though. I tried imagining you older, but it didn't quite look right in my mind. But as soon as I saw you during Open House...I just knew it was you."

When he stopped talking to let me speak, I found myself blushing at the words that escaped my mouth. "I've dreamt about you too." I wasn't sure about him, but my mind went straight to the gutter. Not the perverted gutter, but the lovey-dovey gutter. He better not have interpreted it that way like I had. Before I could even see his reaction I quickly kept talking. "But...uh...anyway. Rapunzel never told me about being friends with you or about you attending the school. A part of me, however, always knew despite there being a chance that you wouldn't be there. That's why I wasn't all that surprised to see you. I was surprised, but not entirely. Deep down I was expecting you."

This time there was no nervousness in his chuckle. "Well, I hate to break it to you, but I was not at all expecting you." I softly laugh at this as he goes on. "For as long as I've known your cousin, Rapunzel has never mentioned you to me. Well, I mean, she would talk about you and Anna from time to time, but she never told me that the three of you were there that night." He pauses to sigh and lean back against the tree. He crosses his arms and legs and shakes his head.

"She never told me that it was you I had helped, or that it was Anna who my dad had saved. I can't believe she didn't say anything. Unless she didn't remember me like how I didn't remember her. I mean, I remember there being other kids, but I don't remember them as clearly as I did you. It didn't click that she was one of the people there until I finally came out of my short denial and accepted the fact that you're the girl from my past and her cousin."

So he was in short denial too, huh? For how long? My denial only lasted for a few seconds before I accepted everything. Actually, I still don't accept it. Even now, after a whole month of attending school with him, it's still so very surreal.

I shook my head at his thought. "No, she remembered you. She told me she knew it was you as soon as she saw you, and it's like I said earlier; she didn't tell me you'd be here either. Don't be too upset with her. She didn't know what to do and was just doing what she thought was the best choice."

"Yeah, but you said deep down a part of you knew I'd be here," Jack reasoned, "I, on the other hand, didn't have any clue whatsoever."

"If you knew as soon as you saw me or highly suspected me," I began, "then why didn't you ask Rapunzel for confirmation once you found out we were related?"

Jack shrugs. "Multiple reasons. I didn't want her to turn it into a big deal. I didn't want her to tell you about me in case you didn't know about me. In case she didn't know about me, I didn't want her to freak out. Etc, etc. Mainly though, I was waiting for you to come to me. After a while, your weird, silent, awkward behavior around me was enough proof for me to know that you knew or suspected me."

"Did you ever consider that perhaps I acted that way because--"

"Because you don't know how to act around insanely hot boys?" Jack interrupts, sending me a wink that made my face heat up.

"I don't like boys--" I nearly laughed out loud when his eyes widened in surprise "--I like men."

Jack tilted his head back and laughed loudly. I nearly laughed too, but I felt a little embarrassed when some nearby people noticed. Moana, who was still in the lake, was one of the people who heard him, and when I caught her eye, she grins at me. It looked smug, but I was probably seeing things. She is a distance away and it's really dark outside despite the lights; Eret has Christmas lights in all of his trees near the house, and they're really dim. They'll probably die by the time Christmas actually arrives.

I turn away from Moana's gaze right as Jack says, "I was not expecting that response. Anyway," he breathes out one more laugh, "what were you saying?"

"Um..." I totally lost focused, taken aback by my witty comment that slipped out without me having any control, and breathed out a laugh as well. "What I was trying to say was: Did you ever consider that perhaps I acted that way because that's just how I am with people?"

Jack smirks and shakes his head. "Nah, I like the idea of you being awkward around me due to my hotness. I bet you never expected 12 year old me would get this sexy, huh?"

I laughed again, but this time in disbelief. Is he serious right now? This is supposed to be a serious conversation. "No comment."

He nudges me and the playful seemed to spark even more in his eyes. "Don't lie, don't deny. I'll take your 'no comment' as a 'yes' though." He chuckles one more time and shakes his head before he releases a long sigh. "This is just...too unbelievable. I can't believe that the girl from my past and who has been on my mind for the last six years is actually attending my school and is a cousin to one of my friends. I mean, it's gotta be fate right?"

I nodded in agreement. "Indeed."

"So why didn't you come to me if you knew?" He asked, more seriously. "Was it because you thought I wouldn't know?"

"Well, it was that, but it was also mainly because of the opposite," I explained, finding it easier to look him in the eyes longer, "I was afraid you'd remember and I didn't have any idea on how to confront you about it. I honestly thought it would just be best to not do anything at all. I was...waiting for you just as you were waiting for me."

"Well, it's a good thing I got tired of waiting and finally confronted you," the smile he gives me is small, but genuine, "If not, then we'd still be waiting for each other, which would lead to this conversation to never come to be. We'd continue to ignore each other, and I don't know about you, but I'm really glad we're finally getting everything out and off of our chests."

"Yeah," I say, nodding, "It's starting to feel...pretty good actually." And it baffled me. There's still so much to be said, but so far I already feel better. I think it's because his playful attitude so far is really helping me settle with the fact that this is even happening. "And now that we have that out of the way," I continue, trying to sound optimistic like my sister. "I'm one of the girls from the pond. The one you helped move to land so I wouldn't fall through the ice."

"And I'm the boy that helped you." Jack says, taking me off guard when he suddenly extended his hand out for me to shake. "The name's Frost. Jackson Frost. You can just call me Jack. It's a pleasure to meet you."

I look at his hand and then back up at him. "Um....what are you--"

"I'm trying to shake your hand and properly introduce myself," Jack interrupts, chuckling. "A new introduction is very much needed, and don't worry, I don't bite."

The mischievous look he gave me made me blush, and the wink he just sent made me blush even more. I hesitantly lifted my hand to shake with his, but as soon as my hand touched his, my memories took me back to the first time I met him in the hallway. We had shocked each other when our hands accidentally touched; I had jerked away so fast that I didn't get to feel the softness of his skin, which is really freaking soft.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Jack," I say as we shook hands, "I'm Elsa Arendelle. You can call me Elsa. Now, I do believe you have some more questions? Surely there's got to be more besides my identity." Because as much as I like that we're actually talking, I'd really like to get this sensitive topic completely over with.

"I do." He said, then paused, taking a deep breath. "What were you doing out on the pond that night? Where were your parents?"

I knew even before he asked his questions that I wasn't going to like them, and now actually hearing them just proves that. A sigh escaped my lips before answering. "Okay, here's what happened."

I told him everything. I went down memory lane, and turned my memories into spoken words. My voice cracked on certain parts, and I fought back to urge to cry. While no tears fell, they did form. Jack had stayed silent the entire time, and because I had avoided his gaze I was left unsure of what emotion he portrayed on his face.

"Okay, so let me see if I have this all together," says Jack after I was done speaking. "You, Anna, Rapunzel, and Olaf were attending your aunt and uncle's Christmas party, but they were bored and basically forced you to take them out into the woods to explore. You couldn't say no to them. Upon doing so, you came across the pond and stupidly decided to play on it. You asked to spin Anna, accidentally let her go, she hit her head, the ice broke, and then she fell." He stopped so I could answer.

"Yes," I say, quietly as the guilt took over. My head was hung low, still avoiding his gaze. "And then your father came to her rescue. And Jack," I finally looked back at him this time, and without thinking, I boldly took his hands and held them in mine. "I will be forever grateful for his sacrifice. No words can express how grateful I'll forever be."

Jack was avoiding my gaze now and was looking down at his hands, the hands that I was still holding. Instead of jerking my hands away as if they were being burned, I slowly removed them, so he wouldn't think I was embarrassed or something, which I totally am.

When Jack didn't speak, I spoke up again. "My whole family will forever think of your father as a hero. Anna would too, if she remembered."

That got Jack's attention and he snapped his head back up to meet my gaze so fast that it honestly looked like it hurt. "If she remembered? What do you mean by that?"

"Anna suffered minor amnesia from hitting her head on the ice." I answered, finding it extra hard to talk now. "She doesn't remember what happened to her that night or what happened the previous days. Nothing more than that."

"So she doesn't know what happened to my father?" Jack asked, incredulously, making me wince. "Even now? After six years?" He sounded pissed, causing my guilt to instantly grow.

My throat felt even tighter, my stomach twisted, and I felt uncomfortable under his stare. I guess the playfulness is gone now. He's finally serious. The conversation is taking the turn I had expected it to, and now I feel sicker than a rat. "No. Even now she still doesn't know. My parents wanted everyone to keep it a secret. They didn't want to overwhelm her or make her feel guilty. God," my voice cracked again, and tears suddenly started to fill my eyes, "If anyone feels guilty it's me, Jack. It's all my fault. I--" I had to stop myself before I went into a full on crying fit. I blinked them away and forced myself to quickly stop. None of them have fallen yet and there's no way that they're going to with Jack right here. I'm not going to let him see me cry.

Conceal don't feel. Conceal don't feel.

"Elsa, what happened wasn't your fault." Jack assured me, placing a hand on my shoulder, but I'm certain he's just saying that to comfort me. Genuine or not, it still surprised me. He's supposed to be angry. Why isn't he angry? Or perhaps he is, and is just not showing it?

"Besides, it's my fault." He said, removing his hand, and surprising me again. Why on earth would he think it would be his fault? "I told him to follow you that night."

My breathing came to a halt, stopping in my throat, which nearly sent me choking, and my eyes popped out of their sockets. My jaw was slightly agape and everything else seemed to have just stopped altogether. What did he just say? "You...what? I don't understand."

Jack shook his head. "Of course you wouldn't. You never noticed me. Well, you sort of did, but I was in a disguise. You never noticed the real me, but I...well...I noticed you right away. I was 10 when I first saw you at your aunt and uncle's annual Christmas party, two years before...well before everything went to hell." He pauses, waiting for me to say something and when I didn't he continued.

"We were all in the kids' area," he explained, "and you were standing by yourself along the wall, watching a certain group of kids. You looked sad and lonely. I had wanted to talk to you, but you didn't really seem up for a conversation, so I left you alone. I kept watching you though. There was just something about you that compelled me to just...keep looking, and yes," he chuckles, "I know how creepy that sounds."

I would have awkwardly smiled if I still wasn't in so much shock. He's known of me for two extra years?! He was a mere few feet away from me two years before our first official meeting. This just became even more unbelievable.

"But I did end up talking to you," Jack goes on, "It was about two hours later. We had came back to the playroom after eating, and when I saw you standing by the wall again by yourself, I finally decided to put you out of your misery."

I stopped him before he could go any further. "But Jack, I don't remember you at all. Surely I would have--"

"Do you remember a boy who wore a thick ass coat that looked way bigger than him, almost like it was swallowing him, had his hair covered in a winter hat, and had his face covered with a scarf? All you could see were his eyes."

And just like that, Jack's description opened up memory lane, bringing forth the exact moment he's talking about, a moment I had forgotten long ago. "Wait...oh my god," I breathed out, "That was you?!"

I remember how his coat did in fact look like it was swallowing him, and how not a strand of hair was showing since it was all hidden under his hat, and how his eyes were all I was able to see of his face. I remember being completely weirded out by him, but also a little amused at how ridiculous he looked. Anna, Rapunzel, and Olaf were playing with the other snobby kids, and since I didn't want to play with the rude kids I glued myself to the wall, watching them all play and making sure to stay alert in case one of them said or did anything rude to my sister, cousin, and friend. When Jack approached me, my attention was fully on him. I couldn't exactly look away, not only because of how funny he looked, but also because it would have been rude to not talk back to him when he was so determined to talk with me.

We never exchanged names though.

"That was me," Jack confirmed, laughing, "I figured talking to you would be easier for you if you didn't have to see my face, so I snuck into the coat closet and grabbed what I needed for my disguise."

"You snuck into the coat closet?" I asked, believing but also not believing a word he said. "You were really that determined to talk to me?"

Jack shrugs as if it was no big deal, but it felt like it to me. "Like I said, you looked sad and lonely. I wanted to change that."

"And so you thought talking to me dressed as a coat monster was a good idea?" I questioned, giggling a little as I stared him down with raised eyebrows. "I was really concerned for not only me, but also you. I thought you were one of the extra weird kids."

He flashed me a mischievous smile. "What makes you think I'm not anymore?" He asked. "Also playing dress up was never a talented gift of mine, so excuse me for looking horrid. That shit is hard to do. I do remember making you laugh and smile though."

"Yeah," I admittedly agreed, "now that you've brought the memory back I remember it too. This is a lot to progress. I can't...I can't believe that our paths crossed two years before the accident. Jack, we've known of each other for eight years. That's two extra years from what I've always thought."

Jack nods, causing me to notice the Christmas lights' reflection in his hair. "Yeah, it's crazy, but it makes sense as to why my father's death is my fault and not yours." I was about to protest, but he quickly kept going before I could even open my mouth. "I didn't see you again until the next Christmas party a year later, but when I had arrived and found you, you were all smiles. I figured that you didn't need me to cheer you up, so I left you alone, vowing to only make myself known to you only when you appeared upset. So...whenever I had the chance I would watch you. Again, I know how creepy it sounds and I apologize."

"You seemed happy the entire time," he continues, "so when it came to an end, you didn't see me at all that night. I doubt you even remembered me, but I certainly remembered you."

He's right. By the time the next party had came, I didn't remember him at all. I was busy with my life, specifically my skating, to remember him. It was just a moment that I had thought would never happen again. He was just a weird, but funny stranger who I thought I would never see again. He wasn't...well...important enough for me to remember. However, the memory isn't gone, so a part of me must have thought it was important enough to lock away.

"The party after that of the next year is when everything went down," Jack goes on, his voice a little shaky, "I didn't approach because you didn't need me to, but when I saw you leave with three other kids, I knew trouble was bound to happen. I saw you guys head into the woods, and that's when I thought it would be a good idea to get my dad. We were way behind, but we followed your tracks until we came to the pond and...well you know the rest. Had I not told him about you guys leaving the party, had I not been a snitch, we wouldn't have gone and he'd still be alive. But your sister....she would have died." I saw tears in his eyes and I swear my heart shattered.

Oh my god, I was so worried about myself crying this entire time when really I should have been worried about him! I've never comforted a crying person before in my entire life, not even my sister or cousin before and after the accident. How am I supposed to comfort a crying teenage boy?

"I-I should have told my sister, cousin, and friend no. I guess....I guess we're both at fault," I say, hoping it somewhat comforted him. "Me more than you, of course."

"Has it ever occurred to you," Jack says, suddenly, "that maybe it was their fault?" I could hear the anger building up in his voice, and it made me stiffen.

"What?"

"I mean, they were the ones that wanted to go outside into the woods so badly, and it was this Olaf guy who got on the ice first, as you said. No offense, but I kinda blame them." He started to roughly pick at the grass, while I remained silent, contemplating his words.

The thought that everything was their fault never occurred to me. I just assumed that it was all me. I should have said no to them, and if I hadn't had spun Anna, I don't think anything bad would have happened. It was all my fault. Wasn't it? Or was it not? Was it really their fault all along? Who's idea was it anyway? Rapunzel's or Anna's? Olaf merely tagged along, but he did get on the ice first. If it was Anna's idea then she's the one at fault, right? It'd be the same if it was Rapunzel's. But I can't blame them, especially Anna. She was the one that got hurt. Besides, I'm already used to blaming myself. Blaming someone else is just....weird. I don't want anyone else to feel guilty. To feel what I'm feeling. I've endured this guilt for so long. I'm used to it. What's wrong with another 70 years?

"Why don't you blame me?" I asked, genuinely curious. "When you think about it, it really was all my fault."

"No it--"

"Yes it is!" I interrupt, feeling frustrated with him. "I spun Anna and accidentally let her go! She wouldn't have gotten hurt if it wasn't for me. How can you blame them and yourself, but not me?"

Jack looks at me once more, his hypnotic blue eyes staring at me for a few short moments, as if he was trying to figure out the answer for himself. He then let out a laugh. "I honestly don't know. I just...don't feel okay blaming you. You already seem as though you blame yourself enough, more than anyone else probably ever has."

"How about," I start, hoping this would ease the both of us, "we agree that the blame isn't on one person? Instead, it's on all of us. You, me, Anna, Rapunzel, and Olaf. We are all to blame. But you know...I know I never knew your father, but I don't think he'd blame any of us for even a millisecond."

A soft smile tugs at Jack's lips. "Yeah, you're right about that."

Silence finds us, and for once I welcomed it with open arms and stared out into my surroundings again. Moana and the other people in the lake were no longer swimming; in fact, the only people outside was Jack and myself. The night critters also accompanied us, but I doubt they were having a good time due to the loud music. I wonder if Anna's having a blast. I hope Rapunzel is watching her. I still need to check the house for safety reasons, but despite the awkward atmosphere I don't want to go yet. I feel like there's still a little more to be said.

"Hey, this isn't going to affect your friendship with my sister and cousin right?" I asked him, worried that it would, as I brought my knees up to my chest to hug them. "They really like you and it would break them, especially Rapunzel."

Jack shook his head. "Nah. Besides, they're both pretty cool chicks. Whether they're partially at fault for my father's death or not, I can't stay mad at them. They both remind me of my sister. Plus, it was my father's choice to save Anna. While I hate that he died, I'm glad he did what he did. It just proves how much of a great man he was. And Anna," he laughs. "She's pretty hilarious. She's reminds me of myself sometimes. I'm glad to be friends with her; the girl my father saved. Seeing her alive and bubbly as ever is proof that my father's sacrifice wasn't wasted."

I smiled. "His sacrifice will never be forgotten either."

"I just want to know if you'll ever tell her." He said, going back to the most sensitive section of the topic. "Are you really going to keep it a secret from her forever?"

I frowned as I fidgeted with my hands again. "I admit that Anna deserves to know the truth, but I think it should be my parents who tell her. They're the ones who wanted it to be kept a secret in the first place. I'm just...afraid."

"Of what?"

"Of what she'll think." I answered. "We've kept it a secret from her for so long. If she finds out she's going to be pissed. We've slowly started to become closer again in the one month we've been here and I don't want to ruin what's slowly rekindling." I knew he'd be confused so I continued. "After the accident, I pushed her away because of my guilt. I thought that I was danger to her. When I finally realized how stupid that was it was already too late. We weren't as close and it was because of me. That right there was my fault. But now I have a question."

"Shoot."

"Have you told anyone in your family about me, Anna, or Rapunzel?"

Jack nods. "Yeah, I told everyone in my family. Just about you though, and of course they didn't believe me."

"Would you mind if we kept it that way?" I asked, feeling guilty. I'm just adding on to the secrets. "I don't want everyone to know that we were the girls from that night. It might change their perspective of us, and even it it doesn't I don't want to risk it."

He nods in understanding. "Yeah, okay." I wasn't sure if he himself was actually okay with it though. "So who all in your family know about me?"

"Just Rapunzel." I replied. "Who knows what my aunt and uncle will do if I told them about you. Same for my parents. They'll probably invite you to dinner every day or send gifts to your family to show you their gratitude."

Jack laughed. "Hey both of those ideas sound great. I don't mind those at all, and I doubt my family would too."

I giggled. "You know, I was so worried about us confronting each other. I don't know how I honestly expected this conversation to go, but it definitely wasn't this. I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off of me."

"I know right?" Jack nods in agreement. "And to think we could have had this over with sometime during the first week of school."

"Better now than never, right?"

"Right. I feel like we really bonded too," he teased.

"Is that so?" I questioned, but silently agreed. I do feel like a connection was made. A small one, but still a connection nonetheless. It's crazy to think that he's not only the boy from the pond, but he's also the mystery coat boy as well. He was right when he mentioned fate. What else could it possibly be? A coincidence? I think not.

"Most definitely." Jack answered. "It really helps me boost my ego too. I gained another friend today. One step closer to popularity. I can't wait to tell mom."

We laughed at this, and it was then that I realized that the previous awkwardness and tension was just....gone. I don't know how or when it exactly vanished; it just...did. I didn't even know it was even possible. And this moment right here is proof of that. I...oh my god...I'm actually comfortable around him. Well, maybe not entirely, but definitely way more than before. And it's literally all just because we talked. Was it really that easy?

All of my internal panic attacks were for nothing. All the times avoiding him and worrying was just time wasted. Had I known that this would be the outcome, I would have spoken to him a lot sooner.

I hadn't realized that Jack and I were smiling at each other, saying nothing as we studied each other's faces, until another voice interrupts.

"Jack! There you are."

Jack and I both jump and turn our heads to see Tooth walking toward us. She had two red cups in her hands and a bright smile on her face. "I was looking all over for you." She gracefully sat down next to him. "Hello again, Elsa."

"Hi." I say, but kept it at that.

"I've been here," Jack answered. "Enjoying the beauty of nature." He turns his head to look at me. "And Elsa."

I held back a laugh, but could not control my blush. Meanwhile Tooth rolled her eyes. "The nature part is total BS, but the Elsa part is understandable." She looks over at me and smiles. "You're a sight for sore eyes. Anyway, here's your drink, Jack. The one you told me to get while you ran off and left me."

"It was a last second thing, and let me guess," Jack said as he took the red cup from her. "It's water." He looked inside and sighed in disappointment. "You had one job, Tooth."

"And you only have one set of adult teeth." She argued. "You have to take care of all 32 of them as if they were your children."

"That's a lot of children," Jack remarked.

"Alcohol, just like any other sugar drink, is bad for your teeth," Tooth continued, ignoring his comment.

"And your liver," I added, helping her out. I'm honestly glad someone else is wanting to stay sober.

"Exactly," Tooth agreed.

"Not you too, Elsa," Jack groaned, making Tooth and I giggle.

"Anyway," says Tooth. "What are you two doing out here? The party is inside and the lake is over there."

"Sitting down and talking can be just as fun, Tooth," Jack says, crossing his arms. "Not everyone is a party animal like you. Plus, Elsa and I really needed the bonding time. It was long overdue."

Tooth looked surprised while I was embarrassed. She's probably interpreting that in the wrong way just as I am. "Bonding time? Is that what you're calling it these days?" Tooth tried to hold back a smirk, and shook her head. My blush grew deeper. "I'm ashamed of you, Jack. You dirty, horny dog. What would your mother say?"

"She'd say 'That's my boy'," Jack said, trying to mimic his mother's voice, and burst into laughter. "Man, I'm too good."

"Elsa," Tooth says to me. "I am so sorry for him. Was he annoying you the entire time? I'll be sure to punish him."

"Oh you'd like that wouldn't you?" Jack teased, making Tooth blush hard and giggle.

"J-Jack, shut up! You're so nasty." Tooth gave him a shove, and shyly looked away. "And so embarrassing."

"He wasn't annoying me," I assured Tooth while Jack laughed.

"But if you still want to punish me then go right ahead," Jack said to Tooth, wiggling his eyebrows.

Was he always this flirtatious? How have I not noticed? Well, I do supposed that's because I've always tried not to focus on him. He already clouded my mind way before I saw him at open house. After that moment, I always fought hard to get him out of my head. It was always difficult since I had classes with him. Focusing on how he acted and what his personality was would not have helped me get him out of my head at all. I wonder if he'll still cloud my mind now that we've finally spoken to each other about everything.

"Like I said, Elsa," Tooth said once again. "I am so so sorry. Anyway, do you guys want to go back inside and dance?"

"I guess a bit of movement would do me good," Jack says then turns to me. "What do you think, Elsa?"

I shook my head. "No thanks. I don't dance." I'm still trying to recover from our long conversation.

"Oh come on," Tooth urged. "At least come back inside. Maybe you'll be in the dancing mood once you see everyone dancing, and if not I promise that watching everyone dance like fools is just as fun. Plus, I don't want to leave you out here alone. Please?"

The way she was looking at me with hopeful eyes, eyes that reminded me of my sister and cousin, made me give in. And seeing people dance like fools didn't sound too bad. I could definitely use a distraction. "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt."

Jack stood up before Tooth and I could and extended both of his hands out for me and Tooth to take. "Alright then let's get going." He said.

"Ever the gentleman," Tooth teased as we both took his hand.

When we got to our feet, I immediately let go of his hand, but Tooth kept holding on.

"Oh Jack," she said in a playful voice. "If you wanted to hold my hand so badly all you had to do was ask."

Jack rolled his eyes as a smirk formed on his lips. "And you call me a flirt? I think I'm rubbing off on you. Elsa, I'm am so so sorry for her horrid behavior."

I giggled and as we walked back inside, I couldn't help but wonder: what now?

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

27.1K 748 43
Set after the events of Pixar's 2023 film Elemental, a fiery and determined Ember Lumen and go-with-the-flow Wade Ripple start their new lives in the...
887K 41K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
110K 2.5K 26
Adrien had gotten into one of the biggest arguments he had ever had with his father, leading him to run from his home as his alter ego, Chat Noir. Th...
42.3K 398 27
After finding Eric with Anastasia, Ariel goes back to the sea taking Melody with her. She soon finds herself falling in love with her childhood frien...