Artemis : The Seventh Avenger...

By kenoli-

Few had known Natasha had a Sister. Just like her, she was an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Unfortunately, Camille R... More

P R O F I L E
01 [ 01 ]
01 [ 02 ]
01 [ 03 ]
01 [ 04 ]
01 [ 05 ]
01 [ 06 ]
01 [ 07 ]
01 [ 08 ]
01 [ 09 ]
01 [ 10 ]
01 [ 11 ]
01 [ 12 ]
01 [ 13 ]
01 [ 14 ]
01 [ 15 ]
01 [ 16 ]
β˜† β˜† β˜†
02 [ 02 ]
02 [ 03 ]
02 [ 04 ]
02 [ 05 ]
02 [ 06 ]
02 [ 07 ]
02 [ 08 ]
02 [ 09 ]
02 [ 10 ]
02 [ 11 ]
02 [ 12 ]
02 [ 13 ]
02 [ 14 ]
02 [ 15 ]
02 [ 16 ]
02 [ Epilogue ]
β˜† β˜† β˜†
03 [ Prologue ]
03 [ 01 ]
03 [ 02 ]
03 [ 03 ]
03 [ 04 ]
03 [ 05 ]
03 [ 06 ]
03 [ 07 ]
03 [ 08 ]
β˜† β˜† β˜†
04 [ 01 ]
04 [ 02 ]
04 [ 03 ]
04 [ 04 ]
04 [ 05 ]
04 [ 06 ]
04 [ 07 ]
04 [ 08 ]
04 [ 09 ]
04 [ 10 ]
04 [ 11 ]
04 [ 12 ]
04 [ 13 ]
04 [ 14 ]
04 [ 15 ]
04 [ 16 ]
04 [ 17 ]
04 [ 18 ]
04 [ 19 ]
04 [ Epilogue ]
β˜† β˜† β˜†
Alternate Ending [ 01 ]
Alternate Ending [ 02 ]
Alternate Ending [ 03 ]
Alternate Ending [ Epilogue ]
β˜† β˜† β˜†
A N N O U N C E M E N T
S E Q U E L

02 [ 01 ]

61.6K 1.3K 271
By kenoli-

☆ ☆ ☆

An ear-splitting screech sounds throughout the hallways, making me wince.

"Where did that come from?" I thought aloud.

I pause in my tracks to listen as an unfamiliar voice spoke.

"Worthy?" A raspy voice slurs, "No, how could you be worthy? You're all killers."

That doesn't sound like anything good. I quickened my steps, a bad feeling sinking in my stomach.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep." The voice speaks again, "Or I was a dream."

I tried my best to determine the source but came up with nothing. It sounded as if it was coming from all around me.

"There was a terrible noise and I was tangled up in-in strings." It says, sounding confused, "I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

I cursed under my breath, breaking into a run as soon as I spot a light at the end of the hallway.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices."

The voice sounds as if it's speaking to someone. The only logical assumption is it's speaking to the Avengers.

Suddenly, I hear Tony's voice, but it sounded more like a recording.

"I see a suit of armour around the world." He says.

The hallway felt like it was never-ending. Frustration was building up in me as the seconds went by. When finally, I was able to hear Bruce's voice, soft and muffled, but there.

"Ultron!" He says.

I couldn't see his face, but I could hear the surprise in his voice.

"In the flesh." Ultron says, his voice drowning out all other sounds, "Or not yet, not this chrysalis. But I'm ready, I'm on a Mission.

"What Mission?" I hear my Sister ask as I reach the end of the hall.

"Peace of our time." Ultron replies.

I reach a opening at the end of the hallway. It took awhile, but I got there. Finally, I see the face attached to that strange voice, a really torn up one, made up of ragged metal.

Just a second later, Tony's Legion bots smashes through the walls and straight at the team.

"Steve!" I yell as I watched a bot go straight for him.

Quickly, I summon up a portal and jump into it, coming out right just in time to tackle Steve to the ground, my forcefield shielding us from the Iron Legion as it crashes into us, but it still does send us tumbling back.

"Hey." I greet, landing on top of Steve, "I heard there was a party. I'm not late, am I?"

He breaks into a smile, "I think you're just in time."

I roll off him, helping him to his feet. I follow his gaze to an Iron Legion flying above and firing shots down at us.

"Need some help getting up there?" I ask, before opening another portal, "Step in."

"Thanks." He says before jumping through the portal.

He emerges on the other side, landing on the Iron Legion. I didn't get to see what went down as my attention is drawn to something else; a figure crouching down by the piano with an Iron Legion closing in on her.

I rush forward, tackling the Bot onto the ground before it was able to do anything. I press my hands onto its head, my hands flashing with purple sparks.

I could feel the energy coursing through my veins as the Iron Legion goes limp, losing all its power.

"Behind you!" The girl by the piano warns, pointing to another rogue robot hovering over me.

I bring my hands up to shield my face as the bot fires a long beam at me. The power courses through me, like adrenaline pumping through my veins. The electricity crackles around my fists. Digging my feet into the floor, I fight against the force of its beam.

The Bot finally stops, its lights flickering from losing so much power. I seize the opportunity, channelling all the energy I've absorbed and returned a blast at the Iron Legion, instantly frying it.

"Cap!" Clint yells over the chaos, throwing Steve's shield at him.

The Captain catches it with ease, then swings it at the last Iron Legion, slicing it into half.

"That was dramatic." Ultron spoke again, making the room fall silent."I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just don't think it through."

It paces around the front of the room, looking distraught and confused. Although, his words and actions suggested otherwise.

"You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change." It continued, "How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve? With these?"

It walks over to a dismembered Iron Legion, picking it up, "These puppets." It growls, crashing the head of the Iron Legion in its hand.

"There's only one path to peace; the Avengers' extinction." It says.

It doesn't manage to get any more words out as Thor's hammer is thrown into it, smashing it to pieces.

"I have strings, but now I'm free." I hear it speak one last time, sending a chill down my spine.

I whirl around to look at the team, "I'm sorry, does somebody want to explain what the hell just happened?"

"Ask him." Thor spat, pointing an accusing finger at Stark as he pushes past me and down the hallway.

One by one the group starts to filter out after him, leaving just me and Tony. They all looked unsettled and honestly, I didn't blame them because I felt that way too.

"Tony?" I look to him, hoping to get an answer out of him now that we were alone.

"Welcome back." He simply replies, monotonously.

I scoffed at his reply, "That's it?"

"I don't know what else to say to you, Camille!" Tony yells in frustration.

"How about an explanation about why this robot that looks like it just came out of 'The Terminator' is trying to kill us?" I argue, "That would be nice."

"I was trying to figure out a solution. Artificial intelligence that could keep the world safe." He begins, "One that could end the Avengers. Because that's the point of what we do right? To create a world that doesn't need the Avengers anymore because there's no threat. I tried to use the sceptre to do it, I thought it would work."

"God, Stark." I pinched the bridge of my nose, "Do you even understand the complexity of what's inside that thing?"

"That was what I was trying to figure out, Cam." He says, "It made you didn't it? Gave you powers that you couldn't even dream of. Imagine what else it could do."

I shake my head, "These powers came with a price, Tony. I was experimented on by Hydra, remember that story? We ran some tests while I was gone and found out that the only reason I have these powers right now is because the sceptre reacted to something Hydra did."

"Then I guess something good came out of your pain." He says, making me want to punch him in the face.

"I still have night terrors about it, Tony! I would gladly give up my powers if those memories went along with them." I fix him with a gaze, hoping he'll understand, "Nothing comes without a price."

"Then it's a price I'm willing to pay." He replies.

"Well, I've paid that price. For something I didn't even ask for in the first place." I say, making him clench his jaw. "And I'm telling you, Tony. It's not worth it."

He refuses to meet my eyes, stomping out of the room and huffing in frustration.

I exhaled sharply as I watched him go. What have you done, Tony?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 73 17
Based on the movie The Avengers, all rights are reserved to Marvel. [[COMPLETE]] What if there was one more to the team? What if there was another m...
43.6K 1K 13
"You can't take her Thor! She is my daughter! You can't take her!" "I am truly sorry brother, forgive me." ~ When Thor takes away the last person Lok...
94.5K 1.6K 60
β€’ CURRENTLY EDITING THIS STORY TO MAKE IT A BIT BETTER IG β€’ ~ Follow our favourite Russian spy's story on how she decided to make a huge decision tha...
382K 13.9K 40
Cassidy Martin didn't ask for any of this, and she doesn't want it. Her powers came to her by an accident, a fluke, and now they're threatening to r...