You & I ✓

By MissR12

[This story is unedited and is full of mistakes. It will be edited in the future] Ethan Monroe, 26, not your... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52: Part 1
Chapter 52: Part 2
Chapter 52: Part 3
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
NEW STORY!

Chapter 38

76.7K 2.6K 50
By MissR12

Ethan

I expected the door to open and Erica's beautiful face to greet me. I was dying to see her eyes filled with love for me. So when the door opened and my brother stood there I was left gapping at him. The situation was out of my understanding capacity. Why was he here at my girlfriend's home?

"Ethan?" He said. I stepped in and he let me in.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him maybe a a bit too harshly. Seb just ran a hand through his hair before he spoke.

"I actually came here..... bec..."

"Who is it Seb?" Erica came out of the kitchen and when she saw me her expression changed to that of fury. She halted in her tracks and narrowed her eyes at me. Is she was trying to be intimidating then she was miserably failing at it. She was too cute to look intimidating.

"What are you doing here Monroe?" She asked angrily. I liked the sound of my surname from her mouth. However there was another Monroe here in this room.

"I told you that.. " 

"I am not talking to you Seb. I am talking to him." She glared at me as she spoke.

"Why is he here?" I was more confused about Seb being here.

"Mom told me to come and check up on her to see how she was doing." Seb clarified. I knew how much mom loved Erica. So I didn't speak but that didn't mean that I wasn't annoyed about Seb coming here.

"You can go now. I'm here so I'll let mom know." I said forcing him to leave. I sent an eye signal to him hoping he would understand and let me some time alone with Erica. He nodded and was about to leave when my darling girlfriend decided to step in.

"No, why will he leave. I was actually enjoying his company. You know, at least I know that there is one Monroe who genuinely cares about me. Unlike some people who only care about themselves. Seb, you stay here, let him leave." She gestured towards me. She was being sassy. I would be surprised if she wasn't, after all that I have done, I couldn't expect her to jump in my arms. Life wasn't that easy.

"No Seb, you have to go. I'll take care of her. I won't leave her side now. Go."  I said and I meant every word I said. The decision was made and I wasn't going to leave her side ever. The debate continued on for a few minutes between me and Erica. Poor Seb looked genuinely confused.

"No Erica, actually I remembered that I have somewhere to go. Bye." He said and hurried out of the door shutting it behind. I knew that Seb would always listen to me. I was his brother afterall but I had to admire the way Erica had captivated Mom and my siblings affection. It was impossible not to like her.

I hadn't realized earlier but now that I looked around I felt like I had to come to a candy store. The living room table was filled with chocolates and ice creams. I also saw various candies and a raw cut mango. I cringed seeing the mango. I looked up to see Erica looking nervously down and I immediately went to her side.

"Why are you here Ethan? Christine won't like you coming here." She said looking away from me. My heart broke seeing her like that.

"I missed you." I spoke my true feelings to her. I had missed her like crazy.

"Oh, you missed me? Sure you did. After all that you have done, you have no right to come here and say that you missed me." She spoke crying. I couldn't see her crying and immediately took her in my arms. She stepped away before I could feel her.

"Don't come near me. Go to your fiancee, she must be waiting for you." She said wiping her tears.

"I don't want her, I want you. I ended things with her. I am no longer bound to obey my father. I told him that I wanted you and if he had any problem with that then he could do whatever he pleases. I am not going to do as he says anymore." I said with utmost sincerity. She looked shocked for a second and then she spoke,

"What do you think you are doing? You think you have done a great work by doing that? Do you even know how much you have messed up? If I wasn't earlier, then now definitely I am a home wrecker. Dad is going to hate me now. Everybody is going to think that I forced you to leave her. Why did you do this?" She cried. I took her hands in mine and gave her a gentle squeeze to calm her down. Fortunately Erica didn't pull away this time and relaxed.

"Shh! No body is going to hate you. I am responsible for my actions and nobody will say anything to you as long as I am there for you. I am here to mend things between us. I want you back." I finished. Erica just stared at my eyes and I found myself doing the same. It was so easy to get lost in the chocolaty pools of her.

"Why are you doing these? Do you even know how difficult these past weeks have been for me? Do you know how much I had to undergo, how difficult it was for me not to remember you and cry every time I thought about you?" Erica spoke after a while. Her eyes were glistening with tears and her voice was defeated like she was exhausted. I couldn't see her like this. I just couldn't.

"I felt the same thing too. I...I know whatever I did was wrong. But now I have realized my mistake. I was a complete idiot not to see how important you are for me. Without you I felt like I wasn't living. Baby, I missed you so much." As much cliché as I sounded right now, they were my true feelings. Each word spoken by me was out from my heart.

"Really?" She asked.

"Really. I know now, what I want. I don't care if I'm out of the company, all I want is to be with you for the rest of my life." She appeared speechless for a moment. I could see that my words affected her in a positive way. But suddenly she pushed me away from her. I was caught off guard by the sudden actions. Somehow managing my balance I stood straight again.

"It is so easy for you, right? One moment you say that you don't want me. And now, its so easy for you to say that you want me back. I will never  forgive you Ethan. Just go from here." Erica said and began pushing me away towards the door. But I was not here to go back with nothing.

"Erica, listen to me. Just listen to me okay? I know that you won't forgive me so easily but I am willing to do everything possible to earn your forgiveness." I saw her slump her shoulders in defeat. It was going to be a long way to earn her trust and forgiveness back but nothing was stopping me now.

Erica

Mixed feelings formed inside me. On one side I was happy that Ethan was back to me but the other side which was angry and hurt was stopping me from going in his arms and kiss the life out of him. I didn't want everyone to think that I forced Ethan to leave Christine. No one deserved that. Even though she was the one that took him away from me I couldn't blame her completely. Ethan was as much to blame as her.

Right now when he was asking for forgiveness I was getting weak. If I didn't stop him right now and send him away then I would forgive him right away and that would do no justice to me. The pain I had been feeling for a few days now was slowly fading away but now as Ethan was standing right in front of  me, I was feeling that ache in my heart again.

"Do whatever you want to do but I am never going to forgive you. Just give up already." I said turning around and walking away. Ethan immediately grasped my hand and pulled me closer to his body. Our chests were touching and I was left breathless by his proximity. All my anger disappeared when I gazed into his eyes. They held so much of warmth and love. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't deny the attraction that I felt at that moment being so close to him.

I observed his beautiful face and just like the first time I had seen him, I was mesmerized by his sculpted beautiful face. My fingeres unknowingly traced his lips and his jaw. Ethan was puzzled for a moment, even I was shocked by my sudden feelings towards him. But at that moment I didn't care, because all I wanted was to have his lips on mine and get lost in the kiss. It would be much more easy to just lean a bit and fulfill my desire than restraining myself from doing the same.

Ethan's hand came around my neck pulling me closer. Apparently he too had the same thing going on in his mind but before he could do something I pushed him hard. That was the most difficult thing to do. I couldn't do it now, because then he would get the wrong indication that I had forgiven him.

"What is holding you back? Why are stopping something that we both want? " Ethan spoke maintaining a little distance between us.

"I don't want this. I.... I.. " I hated that I couldn't form a lie. So I decided to avoid him and sat on the couch behind him where I had kept my food. I opened the wrapper of chocolates and stuffed them in my mouth. The smooth choclate melted in my mouth giving an orgasmic feeling. I tried not to moan out loud. All the while I saw Ethan watching me with amusement. I couldn't care less. I blamed my hormones for making me hungry. I was eating for the two of us now.

Oh My God! I still hadn't told Ethan about my pregnancy. But now wasn't the right time. Later! I'll tell him later.

A long moment of silence passed betwen us before Ethan spoke, "Your behavior is very strange. Is everything alright with you?" I froze. I didn't respond straight away and took my own sweet time eating the chocolate in my hand and then answered.

"Of course. Why would you say that?" He took a seat besides me and said, "Its just that you have been so different from usual. Like for example, you have been eating a lot of sweets and..... Did you finish all of these?" He spoke the last question pointing to an empty box of a large pizza that was lying on the floor.

"Are you calling me fat? Of course you called me fat. You must also be thinking I am ugly now. That must be the reason you didn't want to be with me anymore." I rose my eyes brows at him with a glare. He looked panicked for a second.

"No of course not. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I didn't call you fat. What I meant was that you look a bit different. Like your skin has a healthy glow and your hair looks more beautiful. And I'm not saying this just to please you but because its the truth. Whatever I did was due to different reasons and you know it too. I can't take back what I did but instead I can promise you that it won't happen again."

"Its not easy for me Ethan. It hurt me to know that you chose something else over me. You don't know what I had to undergo in these few weeks. There were a lot of things that happened." I said referring to my pregnancy.

Ethan stared at me for long moment before he spoke.

"Is it because of the other guy? Do you love him and want to be with him? Is that why you aren't forgiving me? Erica, no one can make you as happy as me. I may have hurt you but I'll try my best to gain back your love. I'll love you forever. Even if you don't love me anymore and as much as it will hurt me to know that, I'll make sure that my love will be enough for both of us." Ethan sounded so desperate and so emotional as if he was hurt by the thought of me not loving him anymore.

"You are right. You have given me something that nobody has ever given me." I said referring to our baby. It was a blessing upon us.

"But the pain is too much to be forgotten." I said and got out of the living room because I couldn't contain my tears and I didn't want to cry in front of him.

Ethan didn't chase after me. I was grateful that he was allowing me some privacy. That night Ethan didn't go home. Our desperation of being close to each other mixed with Ethan's longing gazes and my wild hormone did a wonderful job of creating our own bubble with soft moans and whispers.

---*-*-*---

*wink*wink*

Vote
Comment
& Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 6.9K 53
Lauren Campbell is a sweet, simple girl with a bubbly personality. She tries to accept her imperfections and enjoys the little pleasures in life. "Sh...
17.8K 444 55
Lilith Carlisle is a 18 year old senior in high school whose life gets turned upside down when she meets her best friends boss, 32 year old CEO billi...
650K 21.5K 30
18 year old Ariana Williams finds her self getting a job as a personal assistant for one of the top CEO's in New York city. Fresh out of high school...
113K 8.5K 29
⚠️⚠️⚠️ Disclaimer- The story contain mature as well as violent content and also strong language that may be disturbing to some people. This book dose...