Our Conflict. A Brothers Conf...

By Zer0ptic

Aiko Hinata is the daughter of Rintarou and the sister to Ema, she reluctantly moves in with her new 'brother... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3- The Beach
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 9

815 21 2
By Zer0ptic

I bobbed my head along to the sweet streams of music that flowed through my headphones into my ears as I walked along the street. I was heading back from the library where I had spent most of my day studying and since it was almost dinner time, hunger was slowly creeping over me.

My music was blocked out for only a moment by a text which was most likely from one of the brothers. I quickly checked my phone and saw what Azusa had sent me.

The family decided to have a picnic at the park for dinner and see the cherry blossoms. Late notice but hope to see you there.

-Azusa

As I slid my phone back into my jacket pocket I redirected myself so I was walking in the direction of the park and carried on listening to my music. I wasn't that bothered to go and watch the cherry blossoms since I had already seen them after all, but a family picnic might be nice.

I turned a corner and my blue eyes landed on a tall, ginger man who was slowly walking down the path on his phone. Although I couldn't see his face I figured that it was Natsume, he was dressed in a black suit and in the breeze I could see flashes of green as his tie whipped around.

"Natsume?" I called out as I wandered towards him. He turned around at the sound of his name and his violet eyes settled on my face. "It is you, are you coming to the picnic too?"

"Yeah I am, just heading there, we might as well walk together while we're here." He replied nonchalantly. I nodded hesitantly in reply and we began walking together. With each couple of footsteps I found myself glancing at his strong jawline and facial features. Even while I had been trying to forget all about him I found my stomach fluttering while walking so close to him.

I wish these feelings could just disappear. "How's Tsubaki and Azusa?" Natsume's deep voice brought my attention away from my feet. Did he know what had happened between them? It was quite likely since he worked in the gaming industry and his brothers probably told him a lot.

"Oh, they're okay I think. Azusa's agreed to do the job." I replied with a smile. I was so relieved when Azusa told me that. It meant that Tsubaki and I's words got through to him. "I was happy since he asked for my help and actually took on board my advice."

Natsume lifted a brow and looked at me curiously, "You talked to Azusa about it?" I nodded in reply and heard an amused chuckle from beside me. "I told Ema to stay out of it but I should have really been talking to the other sister."

A small, breathy chuckle escaped my lips at his words but inside my mind and heart stirred violently. Ema had never told me that she had gone to see Natsume and even though she didn't have to, why did I feel like she went behind my back? Natsume and I weren't anything other than siblings and no one knew of my feelings but I still felt jealous.

"Well my numbers a click away." I responded, turning my gaze away from him. I was still kind of annoyed that he hadn't called or texted me much since we found out who each other really were. I missed him honestly, but I can't blame him since he was an adult with his own life to deal with.

The two of us wandered through the park and soon enough spotted the brothers and Ema. "Hey! They've finally arrived!" Tsubaki shouted loudly. He thrust his can of beer into the air and leaned on Azusa.

He was already drunk which meant he was going to be much more difficult to deal with than normal. "Hey guys, good to see you've not all overdone it." I joked, sitting down beside Azusa who thankfully was sober enough.

I saw Ema's mouth move but I was too distracted to hear the words. Someone's arm brushed against my own and my head instantly turned to see Natsume sitting down beside me. A small flurry of heat rushed over my cheeks but I quickly composed myself, there was no way I was letting my feelings get the better of me when I had been trying so hard to get rid of them.

***

The family picnic was actually a lot of fun, we laughed and talked all night as we watched the cherry blossoms slowly dance to the floor around us. It was truly a breath-taking sight and I had to admit that in those moments I was the most relaxed I had ever been in quite a while.

As I popped a piece of Ema's delicious chicken in my mouth I heard one of the brothers speak, "Hey, where's Wataru?" Instantly everybody's eyes began wandering around rapidly but soon the youngest brother was spotted leaning over a fence and waving a stick in front of a ducks face.

"That's not a good idea." I mumbled, standing to my feet. I was going to go over to him and tell him to stop but flashes of orange passed my eyes, Natsume had begun running towards the small boy but as soon as he reached him Wataru fell backwards after being spooked by the duck and he fell right into the pond.

The whole family rushed over to him with worry etched on their faces and Tsubaki started helping him up. When he was finally on dry land and not pretending to be a fish I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore and ended up falling on the ground.

"Oh my god, I'm so dead!" I cackled, holding my stomach as I continued laughing. What had happened was so unlike Natsume's normal personality that I found it more hilarious and the brothers comments did not help settle my outburst either.

As I wiped tears from my eyes I glanced upwards and saw Natsume looking at me, his eyes were looking at me softly and the corners of his lips were upturned into a slight smile. I stared curiously at him, why was he looking at me like that? "Are you okay Natsume?" I asked quietly so that through the brothers conversation they would be unable to hear me.

The male simply nodded but the smile never left his face, "I'm fine. It's just I haven't heard that laugh in so long, I got worried." He replied back, his eyes drifting away from my face as he mumbled his last words.

Before I had the chance to reply Azusa interrupted me by telling Natsume he could shower at the condo. Soon enough we were all packing away and heading back home where I found myself sat on the couch with Subaru looking through a sports magazine after I had gotten into a pair of joggers and a jumper.

I wanted to spend a little time chilling out at home before I went to bed and Subaru wanted me to look at some basketball news, he clearly loved the sport and it made me happy to see his bright face while he was ranting about it.

"I hope you'll come see my next game, I'm training really hard so it'll be great." The dark haired male spoke up through the comfortable silence that had been building between us while we were reading an extract from the magazine.

I smiled softly at him as my eyes travelled from the page to his face, "Of course I will. I'd love to come watch you and cheer you on."

A joyous grin spread across his face but soon his face dropped once his eyes looked at something behind me, "Sorry Aiko, I'm going to go." He said, his gaze never even glancing to look at me. I lifted a brow and followed his gaze only to see Natsume standing in a shirt and joggers with a towel draping around his neck.

I watched as the dark haired brother got up and quickly try walk past his older brother but he was stopped, "So Subaru, I read the basketball monthly too. It's saying that you've lost your form." Subaru said nothing in response and just stood still. "This is a crucial time what the hell is going on with you?"

I cringed at Natsume's tone of voice, despite his calm exterior I could sense an underlying harshness to his voice. It was obvious that he was only trying to talk to Subaru and try convince him to try harder but I disliked the way he talked. Subaru was trying and I don't think some words from his brother would help.

"Look Natsume, you have no idea what it's like on my team. I don't want to hear it from you." Subaru replied calmly before walking away and leaving me and Natsume alone in the living room together.

My blue eyes settled on his face, his jaw was clenched slightly but within his violet eyes a sadness swam. Their relationship was tense, they had drifted apart in the past and I wish I knew why. Both of the brothers meant a lot to me and it was saddening to see them fighting. "He's trying you know, I'm aware my opinion doesn't mean much since I'm not too familiar with everything but I can tell Subaru is really trying. You should trust him."

Natsume seemed slightly taken aback by my words but nodded his head, "I do, anyway don't let our petty arguments bother you, the last thing me or my brothers want to do is burden you with our problems." He replied with a slight smile.

I understood what he was saying but I still couldn't help but feel uncertain that he fully understood what was coming out of his mouth, of course I would get bothered by it, and if they actually told me when something was wrong I'd feel even better. Natsume was trying to protect me and not let me get dragged into family conflicts but that is all I wanted to happen, I feel like that would make me closer to my brothers.

"Yeah, I get you. I care about all of you a lot so I would like you to confide in me." I replied with a calm tone, "But I guess hoping for that is childish." I couldn't stop the irritation from seeping out of my mouth, "I guess being talked to instead of ignored is too much to ask for."

My narrowed eyes glanced at Natsume who seemed slightly taken aback by my words, he knew that they were directed at him and I knew that at this point I was just being petty, but I was hurt. "I'm sorry, there is a reason but-"

"Natsume! Did you want a lift home?" Masaomi's voice called from above, interrupting his younger brother just when he was going to explain. I silently cursed his timing but stayed silent, watching the scene play.

Natsume was quiet for a few seconds before he registered what his brother had asked. "No it's fine, I'll walk."

While the two brothers chatted I decided to take my leave and silently slipped out of the room and rushed towards the elevator. A large sigh escaped past my lips as I leaned on the back wall of the small moving box. I was curious to what had happened to make Subaru's and Natsume's relationship so hostile, there was a chance that I could eventually find out but I don't think I'd ever have the chance seeing as Natsume was so adamant against me getting involved in their drama.

With a soft ding, the elevator door opened only to reveal Ema standing there with a raised hand. She looked slightly startled at my abrupt appearance but soon settled, "Hey Aiko, I was just looking for you." She said with a small smile.

"Oh really? What did you need?" I asked Ema while exiting the elevator and heading down the hall towards my bedroom with her at my side.

"Well, I need help with this video game level." She replied, I simply nodded with a grin at her hesitant face. Ema wasn't often one to ask for help so when she did I enjoyed it, even if it was just dumb little things like a level in a video game.

"I'd love to help, lets go kick some butt." I laughed lightly.

I think with everything going on at the moment me and my sister just needed some good old girl time without the brothers bothering us. So that's what we did, we played video games endlessly and soaked up the peaceful moment in each others company. It was kind of like old times, when it was just Ema and I without anyone else- I loved it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 95 19
"I'm so sorry I can't attend your game..." I apologized to Katsuro, coughing quickly afterwards. "It's fine (Name). You can't control when you get s...
282K 7.3K 38
| DISCONTINUED | You are (Y/N) Hinata You are also Ema sister You use to live in Japan but moved to France What will happen when you move back to J...
161K 3.6K 30
Ema Hinata now Asahina,was living with her 13 brothers. One week before her father and Miwa-san's wedding, Ema receive letter that will change their...
121K 4K 42
"I have lived my everyday wearing a smile on my face... Wearing a mask to keep you away from how I truly feel... I fell in love and got loved... Play...