Bad Boys Don't Cry

由 _Faith-o_

"Grayson, what are you doing?" I asked, slowly, walking into his house. He was sitting on a bar stool in the... 更多

-Bad Boys Don't Cry-
Chapter One: Why Is He Staring At Me?
Chapter Two: I Barely Know You And You're Giving Me A Ride?
Chapter Three: I Trust You, Bailey
Chapter Four: Cootie Friends
Chapter Five: Family Is Important
Chapter Six: Why?
Chapter Seven: The Waiting Game
Chapter Eight: Beach Day?
Chapter Nine: Is This A Joke? 'Cause If It Is, It's Not Funny.
Chapter Ten: Tip Your Waiters and Waitresses
Chapter Eleven: I Have A Thing Of Not Leaving Broken People Behind
Chapter Twelve: Landon Gray Harrison
Chapter Thirteen: Don't Kill Me
Chapter Fourteen: Who's Max?
Chapter Fifteen: You Smell Good
Chapter Sixteen: Why Should I Try With You?
Chapter Seventeen: You're Lying
Chapter Eighteen: My Teddy Bear Is Talking, Bennett!
Chapter Nineteen: Let's Go On An Adventure
Chatper Twenty: Dylan.
Chapter Twenty-One: I'm Just Getting Used To Being Me
Chapter Twenty Two: Malfoy.
Chapter Twenty Three: Welcome To My Safe Place
Chapter Twenty Four: Puberty's A Bitch
Chapter Twenty Five: You Didn't Strike Me As A Singing Type
Chapter Twenty Six: He Wants You Dead
Chapter Twenty Seven: What's With Your Hair?
Chapter Twenty Eight: My Little Bailey Is Growing Up
Chapter Twenty Nine: Dead.
Chapter Thirty: What The Hell Is That, Grayson?
Chapter Thirty One: Baby is Tired
Chapter Thirty Two: Everything's Going to Be A-Okay, Winters
Chapter Thirty Three: Did You Know I Want To Die, My Little Bean?
Chapter Thirty Four: My Brother's Cootie Friend
Chapter Thirty Five: I'm Sorry...
Chapter Thirty Six: One More Week
Chapter Thirty Seven: Yours Truely
Chapter Thirty Nine: Is There Any New Wounds I Should Know About?
Chapter Forty: Parker's Being an Absolute Ass Right Now
Chapter Forty One: Bang.
Chapter Forty Two: That Should've Been Me.
Chapter Forty Three: Why Are You So Stupid?
Chapter Forty Four: Everything Will Be Different
Chapter Forty Five: Lion! Lion is Here! Lion Roar!
Chapter Forty Six: Because I Don't Want To Say Goodbye Yet.
e p i l o g u e
Q & A With Author
An Author's Note Three Years Later...

Chapter Thirty Eight: He Looked Like A Complete Douche With His Lip Ring

16.4K 583 132
由 _Faith-o_

Chapter Thirty Eight: He Looked Like A Complete Douche With His Lip Ring

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
It's been eight days since I have talked to or seen Bennett and Parker. Grayson was, however. As I walked around the crowded halls, he didn't acknowledge my presence. I kind of guessed this would happen, especially since the plan has commenced.

Since the beginning of the week, I have somehow been the talk of the school and I absolutely hated it. It was weird knowing that people were watching my every move as they judged me from afar. I wasn't exactly happy about the new found attention on me, mostly because of how I found out recently that there were guys who had sexual fantasies about me and noticing that the girls in my grade would give me encouraging fake smiles because they wanted me to sit at their lunch table to show me off to the others.

In the span of eight days, many things have changed. I was sat alone at lunch in the school library, reading random books off of dusty old shelves, or studying for midterms. One time, when I was trying to get a book from my locker, a guy with the same kind of letterman jacket that Bennett has, literally forced himself on me. No, it was not due to what I was wearing, because that day I was wearing something that covered up my whole body, ensuring my skin to be placed behind the pieces of cloth, but it was probably due to the lack of Parker, Bennett, and Grayson presence around me.

As I victoriously pushed the guy off of me, I got ready to sprint away, but Grayson's presence interrupted me from doing so. Grayson had came out of nowhere and pulled him even further away from me. I watched from a short distance as he had pushed him against the locker, muttering threatening remarks. After he had done that, the guy literally ran off. I was going to thank Grayson, but he was already gone before I had the time to do so.

Ever since I have been living in Max's house, Carson and I have spent a lot of time talking through the morning and late evenings talking. Over the three days of being alone at school, he's helped me relieve stress with jokes about Max, stories about his high school life, and revealing a lot of secrets about Harrison to me. Although it terrified me that he was a worker of Harrison, I learned to trust him in the few days I've been there. Him revealing many plots of Harrison's to me changed my feelings towards him completely. In addition, he uncovered to me that the day when Max kidnapped me, there were indeed camera's inside my room and outside the house that watched my every movement and were meant to inform Harrison what I was doing until Max asked Harrison to take them down.

Since the facility I was staying in was actually the house of Max, Harrison took the cameras down when he saw, as Carson says, Max's "heat-seeking moisture whistle," when he was changing in the living room because he was running late for work.

Carson explained how he only knew this because was the one to take out the cameras, which he was thoroughly pissed about because of how he found one in the bathroom.

As days went on, Carson became more lenient with the rules provided to him by Max and has allowed me to roam the house with him instead of keeping me locked up in the room I've been locked in. With the rules being more lenient, I have had more time and space to think about things I had never had time to think of. Some of those thoughts were stupid, however others of them were just too deep to forget.

I wondered what would have happened if my parents never committed suicide. Would I have been able to hang out with Grayson and the others? Would my father forbid me from speaking to them again after finding out about his situation? I didn't even know my parents that well, and I could only assume the things that they could do if they were still alive.

I stared at my knuckles as I walked out of my final class of the day. They were healing now, and were just scabs and bruises. When I came out this morning, I decided to leave them unbandaged, feeling bad that Carson had to repeatedly redo his work because I kept picking at it absentmindedly immediately after he was done.

As I made my way to my locker, I was stopped by a harsh grip on my wrist. I immediately took my other free fist, ready to struck the stranger in the head, however it was stopped by the person right away.

I looked the person in the eye and saw it was a senior that was on the basketball team of our school. He had jet black hair, accompanied by piercing blue eyes. He was about the height of Bennett. He smirked darkly at me as he pushed me against the locker, making me wince at the sudden impact. He pushed his hips against me, making me squirm at his touch. I tried to scream for help, but it was muffled by his hand on my mouth. The halls around us were empty, due to how school had let out about fifteen minutes ago, which didn't exactly help my problem, "Be quiet, Prince-"

For the second time this week, I kicked a boy in the balls to get him off of me. As I heard his painful groan, his warmth get pulled off of me, however this time it wasn't by Grayson.

"Mind finishing that sentence for me?" A familiar voice asked.

I looked the person's way and saw it was Carson. Waiting for a reply, his gaze quickly turned to me as he asked me if I was okay, to which I nodded to. As soon as I gave him that reassurance, he turned to the boy he had pushed against the lockers, staring daggers into his head, "If you ever fucking dare touch her again, I will personally make sure you'll never be able to see the light of day again. You got that?" He asked, lowly, making my eyes widen at his threat.

I was wondering when I was going to see this side of Carson, I just never knew that it was going to be right now.

The boy who he pinned to the locker, even though he was still shriveling in pain from when I hit him, he spat in the older boys face which made Carson chuckle dryly at his actions, "Ms. Winters? Can you close your eyes and shut your ears for a minute?" He asked, calmly, but I knew what he said was a demand. I did as I was told, but turned around for an extra precaution. It felt like a good three minutes, when I felt Carson tap my shoulder, gently signaling me it was okay to withdraw my hands from my ears and open my eyes, "Don't turn around." Carson whispered, "I really don't want you to see the piss on the floors."

I felt heat rise to my cheeks as Carson led me out of the school. As we walked to the car, I couldn't help but have a few questions wonder through my head. However, there was one question that would not leave my head to rest.

He made that boy piss his pants?

*

"Does this happen to you all the time?" Carson asked, incredulously, starting the car.

I shook my head, "Second time it has ever happened." I answered, closing the passenger door.

At school.

"Is it because of what I've been providing you to wear?" He asked softly.

I shook my head again, "It's probably because I don't hang out with the most intimidating guys in the school anymore." I answered, looking out the window, "Why did you come into the school?"

"You were taking too long, so I decided to see what was holding you up. I was lucky enough to stumble upon the hall that leads to your locker." He shrugged, beginning to drive, "I am so happy that I came in right in time."

"By the way, what did you do to the guy?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Gave him a few threats. May have added that if he dared to even look at you, I would personally make his life a living hell, starting with his precious mother and father." He shrugged again, making me look at him in disbelief. I was surprised by his words, "Don't worry. I didn't actually say that." He said, giving me a reassuring side glance before returning his eyes to the rode in front of us.

"Then what did you say?"

"Something too gruesome for your ears." He said with a playful smile, making me shake my head at him, "By the way, you're not going to that dance tomorrow, right?"

"There's a dance tomorrow?" I asked, mostly asking myself, "Wait, how do you know this?"

He sighed, "Girls outside were squealing at it as they got asked out by this annoyingly smug grin as he asked. He looked like a complete douche with his lip ring and-"

"Lip ring?" I asked as Carson parked the car on the curb beside Max's house.

Parker...

The boys were at school today. All three of them, surprisingly, attended their classes. Throughout the day, I saw them sneaking glances at me to which I give them a small grin and they give back. Although it was the smallest bit of attention I have received by them, I was happy by it. I haven't exactly gotten to have a real conversation nor contact with them in a few days and I was happy with what I got.

Carson's response pulled me out of my daze, "Yeah." Carson said as he nodded with a raised eyebrow, "Don't tell me you know the douche."

Something in me just snapped then and there by the words he spoke. I looked at him with fire in my eyes, "That 'douche' is my best friend and just so you know he's anything but a 'douche.'" I snapped.

"Well, I'm sorry for saying so. It's not like I knew the guy." He said, putting her hands up, as if surrendering, "Geez, it's like you like the guy." He muttered.

I rolled my eyes at his statement. With all the things that have happened, dating anyone is the last thing on my todo list.

*

I stared at my thumbs as I kept fidgeting them together, "Hey Carson?" I asked, breaking the silence between us in his car. We were finally heading to Max's home after finally getting out of the school.

"What's up?"

"So you know I've been thinking-"

"Oh no." Carson muttered under his breath.

I rolled my eyes at his comment, "Since you said there was a winter dance, I was wondering-"

"No." He said, making me flinch. His voice was stern and cold, different from his usual care free voice.

"I don't understand." I said, "Why?"

He sighed, "I'm sorry, Ms. Winters but I can't allow you to go to the dance tomorrow." He said, sincerely.

"You're not exactly answering my question."

"Mr. Harrison would like you to attend a Christmas Ball that the Harrison household is holding at their home, tomorrow." He said, trying to keep a tamed voice however failing to do so. There was something he wanted to say, but there was something holding him back.

"Carson? Am I going to die tomorrow?" I asked, which made him to stomp on the brake petal, sending both of our heads to almost hit the dashboard.

"No." He said, immediately, parking the car the way it is in front of the house.

"Then why the hell am I going?" I asked, trying not to raise my voice.

He sighed before exiting the car and slamming the car door. I mimicked his actions and followed him to the front door. Carson entered the house without taking a second glance at me and continued his way into Max's living room. Grabbing a pillow and putting it against his face, he screamed into it, muffling them in the process. I stared at him as he let out his frustration on the pillow. I wanted to laugh at how stupid he looked, but knew it wasn't the time.

"What's going on Carson?" I asked, wanting answers now.

Carson threw the pillow back in its place before plopping himself on it. He looked stressed beyond belief right now. Now that I had gotten a better look of him, I realized that he looked tired beyond belief, "You're going to be gone tomorrow. During the Ball, you and Bennett will go back home and pack your stuff and go somewhere that we can't find you." He explained.

"Don't tell me you're in on this 'plan' too." I said, not wanting to believe that he knew of what was happening with Grayson and his plan of action.

He gave me a faint ghostly smile that'll looked almost sad, which made me tilt my head at him, confused, "I don't know what you're talking about."

*•*•*•*
(A/N)
Hey.

I've finally managed to have some time to publish another chapter, so here it is!

Literally in about two hours I'm supposed to be going to dress rehearsal for the musical we're doing, and I haven't gotten ready yet... I'm a great procrastinator.

Anyways, thank you guys for reaching the 300k mark on views as well as almost reaching 11k in votes! You guys are absolutely amazing.

I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far.

I think there will probably be about 5 or less chapters left, so we're coming to a close soon.

I'll see you guys whenever I'm free.

Love you!

:-) <3

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

365K 9.3K 44
I smiled at him but tears were starting to blur my vision together. "I hate you." His smile faltered and he looked taken back, "Not like that, Drake...
20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
1.2M 25.8K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
317K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...