The Football Player's Roommate

By StoriesAtSunrise

| COMPLETED | Highest Ranks: #1 in Teen Fiction (06/11/17) & #1 General Fiction (07/22/17) | When Amaya rece... More

Quick Author's Note.
Prologue.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8..
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52. (Part 1)
52. (Part 2)
53.
54.
55.
56.
Epilogue.
The Father.
The Wedding.
Author's Note.
Covers, Edits, & Banners.
More Covers, Banners, & Edits.
Behind The Scenes.

38.

298K 9.1K 4.5K
By StoriesAtSunrise

I wasted no time at all. I quickly slipped on some clothes before pushing Dillon out of my way. I sprinted after Theo and even stubbed my toe on an innocent dining room chair. It didn't matter though because I kept going.

The basement door was swung wide open instantly leading me to Theo's current location. My feet carried me down the creaky steps as fast as they could and I stopped at the bottom. I could see Theo from here. He was hurriedly packing his belongings with Gracie at his feet.

She was begging him to play by jumping up on his leg but he just continued to stuff things into his bag and ignore her. He went to the bathroom and walked back with his toothbrush, toothpaste, and shower things before shoving them into the bag as well.

I cautiously stepped closer to the scene in front of me and made sure to keep quiet. Theo's back was to me and that gave me somewhat of an advantage on an unexpected appearance.

Well an advantage until Gracie took notice of me. Her cute little barks sounded and Theo whipped around to see me.

"What do you want, Amaya?" He didn't sound angry like I thought he would. He sounded more sad than anything.

"Theo, you have to know that I didn't-"

"Don't worry about it. I'm just going to head back. I'll even take Gracie with me so you can have as much time with Dill pickle as you need. Without me being around you two don't have to sneak around."

Wait a second. Was he freaking serious?! He thinks I cheated on him with Dillon?!

I scoffed just thinking about that ridiculousness.

"Have something to say?" He asked.

"What the hell is the matter with you? You really think I'd cheat on you?"

"Well I didn't yesterday because I thought you were a decent person, but I guess the temptation to have Dillon came a rolling on back, didn't it?" His tone was beginning to rise in anger.

"Just listen to me. I would never ever cheat on you. You need to-"

"Need to what? Listen to you? Believe you? Why?"

"Yes. Listen to me. Believe me because you trust me. And I trust you. Why would I lie to you and take the chance of losing the best thing that's ever happened to me? You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You keep me safe, you're kind and sweet, you care about me, and you love me like I love you. We've been through so much and you're going to fall into Dillon's trap and let him ruin everything?" I asked feeling tears start to well up in my eyes.

Theo sigh and I watched as he set down the t-shirt he was packing before taking a seat on the bed. I crossed my arms and sniffled as I tried to keep from crying.

Theo unexpectedly got up from the bed and wrapped his arms around me before pulling me closer. He held me for awhile without saying a word. I felt his lips kiss the top of my head before setting his chin there.

"I'm so sorry, princess. I didn't want to cause you pain, but now I have."

"It's okay. Don't worry about it, Theo." I felt a tear escape and travel onto his shirt.

"No it's not okay. I'm such an asshole. People have destroyed my trust so much that I questioned you. You...the most trustworthy person I know."

"You've been hurt, Theo. I understand. I'm here to help you through it. Before, you might not have known who to trust, but always know that you can always trust me. I won't ever lie to you Theo. I love you."

Unfortunately he pulled his arms away from me resulting in a chill on my arms before he smiling down to me and laying a sweet, tender kiss on my cheek. "I have no idea how I deserve you, Mya. You're too perfect. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone or thing."

I smiled back and took a step forward before letting my arms wrap themselves around his waist. I rested my face on his chest while gazing up at his face. "You deserve me, and much more."

He embraced me back and held me with a smile for about two minutes. That's when I felt his whole body freeze and his glorious smile was replaced with an angry scowl.

"What's the matter?" I asked noticing his attitude change.

He separated us and stepped back a little bit with his hand on his head as if a deep thought was make him more and more furious with each passing minute.

"Theo, what's the matter? You're seriously starting to scare me." I tell him truthfully.

"I can't believe I just realized it, but if you weren't cheating then..Dillon did that...to you...against your wishes didn't he?" His eyes were full of nothing but rage that I instantly knew this wasn't going to end well.

"Theo, it's okay. All he did was kiss me because he knew you'd react. Why give him that satisfaction? Just let it go." I try to convince him, but some how he seems to get even more upset.

"He used you. You needed me there and I just left you. I thought you were cheating on me and just yelled at him and slapped him to convince me that you weren't. I'm so sorry, Mya. I hope you can forgive me...I don't think I will ever forgive myself." He said frustratedly as he ran his fingers through hair roughly as if he would rip it from his skull.

I reached for his hands and took them away from his hair. I held onto his hands and kissed the backs of them before leading him to the bed and laying down with him. His arms wrapped themselves around my waist and held me as near as possible.

I let my one palm run down the side of his face. Small tears formed in the bottom lids of his eyes before I reached up and brushed them away. "It's okay, Theo. I'm fine. I promise."

His hold on me tightened even more, but not too much that I couldn't breathe. "I'm sorry. No matter what from now on I will always protect you. Your safety will always come first, questions second. If something were to ever happen to you-"

"Nothing will happen to me. I have you." I smiled up to him and he leaned down to capture my lips in a quick but meaningful kiss.

After an hour of laying in bed talking to each other with Gracie at our feet, it became clear that we needed to get going. Theo needed to get back pronto in order to play the big Saturday game tomorrow.

He had nearly all his things packed and packing mine wouldn't take too long. Everything was settled except for one item of business.

Dillon.

"I refuse to leave him in my mom's house. That little weasel would probably get into everything. He's probably doing so now." I said worriedly.

My main focus had been on Theo for the past hour or so that I hadn't even thought about Dillon and what the slime ball was in to. I wanted him out.

"I can get him out of here in a jiffy." Theo grinned mischievously as he was already climbing out of bed.

"No no no. Nuh-uh. I don't think so, mister." I shook my head as I pulled him back with all my strength.

"Why? He deserves what's coming to him." Theo sighed as he flopped back onto the bed.

"Because he's not worth it. If you punch him or anything you're just showing him that you let his actions get to you and that'll be the achievement he was looking for. Plus you don't want to risk hurting your hands right before a game, do you?" I asked trying to convince him further.

"I don't think him getting beat up will be an achievement for him...just saying, but if you don't want me to then I won't." Theo said in defeat, but there was still a glint of mischief  in his eyes but I chose to ignore it.

"I'm serious, Theo. Promise me that you won't punch him as long as we're in this house."

He squinted at me with a small smirk in hopes to change my mind, but after a while he realized I wasn't gonna budge. "Ugh, fine. I promise."

"Alright. Let's get everything packed up in the car. I'll call Gloria to pick up the asshole."

"Okay. I'll get Gracie's and your stuff together. Anything you need in particular?" He asked almost too sweetly.

What was he up to?

"Uhh. Nothing in particular. Make sure to grab everything off my sink and a couple of extra t-shirts, sweatpants, and jeans." I said checking everything off the list in my head one by one.

"Aye, aye, captain." He saluted and sprinted out of the room.

I chuckled at his actions and pulled my phone out of my pocket dialing my cousin's number. She picked up after the third ring and sounded as if I had woke her.

"Hello?" She asked groggily.

"Gloria?" I asked making sure it was her.

"No. It's the Easter Bunny. Yes it's me. It's my phone number after all." She replied sassily.

"Yeesh, sorry, grouchy gus." I rolled my eyes.

"Well don't ask stupid questions. Now, what did you wake me up for so early that was sooo important?" She complained.

"I need you to come pick up your boyfriend. I need to get back to school and mom isn't home, so I don't want him here alone." I told her truthfully leaving out the whole incident from earlier.

It was silent for a little while and I started to become worried she wouldn't come get him.

"Fine. Since it's the holiday season and I'm a good person, I'll come get him." She said slowly as if she'd just woke up again. Like she accidentally fell asleep on me while talking.

"Okay. See you soon I guess." I said but she'd already hung up.

"Alrighty then." I said to myself as I slipped my phone back into my pocket,

Just as I did Theo came barreling down the steps in attempts to find me.

"Where's the fire?" I chuckled.

"Ha ha. You're hilarious, Mya." He rolled his eyes at me earning another laugh from me.

"I know I am." I told him with attitude.

"Just wanted to let you know that everything is ready to go and I did what you told me to do. I didn't fight with the dumbass when I saw him...although I really really wanted to." He admitted as he stepped forward.

He was now right in from of me and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I think I deserve a prize." He smirked.

I laughed. "A prize? For what? Not beating someone up?"

"Yes. I really wanted to kick his scrawny ass." He said truthfully.

I chuckled at this whole conversation. Theo was like a little kindergartner asking for a prize after he did one little and simple thing.

"Okay, fine. What would you suggest as a prize?" I questioned with raised eyebrows.

"A kiss. Maybe two...or five?" He suggested.

"Or five?" I asked with a laugh.

"Not a big enough number?" He questioned with a grin starting.

"Five is plenty." I laughed before pulling him over to me.

It was easier to just give him what he wanted rather than question the logic...then again I had absolutely no problem with kissing him.

"Alright. Five kisses and that's it!" I tell him as I pucker up my lips.

"One and two." I say after leaving one on each cheek.

"Three." One on the forehead.

"Four." One on the tip of his nose.

"And five." He says suddenly before leaning in to leave a long and passionate kiss on my lips.

"I thought I was supposed to be the distributor of these kisses." I asked smugly as I pulled away.

"Guess I made a quick change of the rules." He chuckled before leaving a quick peck on my mouth and running up the stairs.

I walked up the stairs and made sure all the lights in the basement were off before shutting the door.

"I made sure Dill pickle was outside waiting on his ride, made sure Gracie went potty, and I shut all appliances and lights off." Theo told me as if he was doing a quick inventory of chores in his head.

"Well wouldn't you make the perfect wifey." I chuckled.

"Glad you agree." He said with a know-it-all grin on his face before walking out the front door.

I locked the back door before following Theo's lead and going out the front with my key in hand. Before heading out to the car I locked the door and noticed Gloria's car arriving.

"Just a second, Glo!" I winced at the horrible nickname Dillon had given my cousin.

Theo already had the car running and was waiting with Gracie on me. He was watching Dillon walk closer and he instantly jumped out of the car and ran up beside me.

"Let's get in the car." He said as I watched Dill get closer.

"Yeah. Let's do that." I agree.

Before this whole holiday began my opinion of Dillon wasn't very good, but after all the crap he pulled it has only gotten worse.

I watched as he came up to my window and knocked on it.

"Tell him to come to my side." Theo said as he continued to watch Dillon's every move.

I nodded in approval. I honestly wasn't in the mood to deal with Dillon right now.

"Go to the other side." I shouted to him and pointed to the drivers side.

Dillon listened and Theo put his window down.

"Hey, guys. Just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything." Maybe he was finally starting to change for the better. "I almost had you guys though didn't I?"

"Excuse me?" I asked in disbelief.

"I almost broke you guys up, which was my plan all along. I mean have you seen yourself lately?" He whistled and I began to feel objectified and uncomfortable resulting in me crossing my arms in attempt to cover myself better.

Theo must've noticed because his temper went from calm to fuming in an instant. But I watched as he kept it contained.

"Hey dill pickle can you lean in here for a second?" Theo asked seeming good natured.

"I told you my name wasn't-" Dillon tried to combat the horrible nickname but Theo ignored him.

"Just get over here!" Theo chuckled dryly.

"Thank God you screwed up your chances with her because you are the last guy she'd ever choose to be with."

With that I watched as Theo's fist collided with Dillon's nose. It all happened so fast that I just sat back as the rest of the scene unfolded.

Dillon's fingers immediately went to hold his nose in pain as he stumbled backwards.

"And if you ever so much as think a negative thought about Amaya ever again, I swear I will drive down here and kick your ass. You understand me?" He questioned.

When Dillon was too wrapped up in his own pain and didn't respond Theo asked once more.

"Dill pickle I swear if you don't respond in the next five seconds, I will-"

"Fine! Fine! I promise!" Dillon whimpered in fear.

This was beginning to become almost humorous. I'm sorry that's mean. I cleared my throat to keep from laughing.

"Good," Theo stated. "Now tell Mya you're sorry."

I listened but didn't look as Dillon apologized for his behavior both in high school and recently.

"I forgive you, Dillon. Now get going. Your love is waiting for you." I said dramatically wile pointing behind me toward Gloria's car.

When he ran away as quick as his feet could possibly carry him I turned to Theo with a mad expression. "What did I tell you not to do, you little shit?"

When Theo didn't respond I continued.

"I told you not to bother with him and what do you do? You punch him right in the face! You realize he can complain to the school and maybe even sue?God, Theo. Did you even think that through?!" I said exasperatedly.

"Well first of all if I get sued for punching a guy for you then it would be totally worth it," He said as he grinned in my direction but I looked in the opposite direction in best efforts to ignore him.

"And second of all you said "don't beat him up in the house," and technically we're on a city street." I could hear the smirk in his voice since he knew he was right.

"You are such a..a.." I couldn't help but chuckle.

"A...a what?" Theo asked as he raised his eyebrows.

I whipped my head around annoyed that he was mocking me.

"A smartass." I rolled my eyes but the smile remained.

"But you still love me." He said with a sly grin.

"Yeah. You're lucky I do." I said before leaning over the center console and kissing his cheek.

"Ain't that the truth!" He shouted before pulling out of his parking spot and getting back on the road.

--------------------------------
And that wraps up the book, guys!

Just kidding haha, but it does wrap up chapter 38! Be sure to tell me what you guys thought of it in the comments!!

Also want to offer my thanks! A lot of you guys commented nice things about my name & it really made me smile. You guys are too sweet 💕

Btw I hope you guys had a wonderful holiday. I know I did. I literally ate my weight in food & candy muahaha. Comment here to say how yours went :p

Lots of Love,
~Kealy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
1.9M 47.8K 43
You know them boys that ride the best cars, the hottest guys walking on earth, the players, the popular ones, the ones that are called 'bad boys'. We...
15.9K 397 43
Ryuuzaki Amano. The popular star athlete in the Senior Class, comes from a well off wealthy family. All the girls dream to be his....All the guys wan...
107 4 14
You and your brother go home after a wild night. You won a race! You can't wait to show him your prizes, but he isn't interested. Maybe someone else...