Back to secret of the east #W...

By the_rising_sun

"Why don't you understand Gawri, this will ruin your marriage" he cupped my face with his hands. Guilt was wr... More

A quick glance
Anticipation
Royal guardian
He would come
Villain or Villains?
Start the job
Royal guard in disguise
On the hill
Sand Storm (Bawandar)
Hunting fort
Good news
A little trick
Prophecy
Hidden possessions
History and Mystery
Planning fake friendship
Mari-Gold
Back stabbing
Yearly plan
Burning pyres, igniting revenge
Finding death
slow poison in making
Leaving home
Die every moment
Let it go
Touch you not
Healing the souls
Real becomes Fake
Backstabbing the villain
Opening up
Waking the giant
Waking the giant 2
Pani means Water
Burden of Guilt
Unclaimed property
Virtual keeper
Handle with care
Plain Pain
Love story
Entwined destiny
Wise friends
Job under threat
Feeding the bird
Thank you dinner
Unknown killer
Always a backstabber
Threatening Reality
Grudge
Planned deception
Rage
shame
Old flame
watching over
Appeal to the lovers of "Secret of the East"
Unintentional accident
Saving disguise
Enemy
Flying without wings

Finally I knew her

699 57 18
By the_rising_sun

Alex

Mom is ignoring me since she visited my penthouse and it is hurting me deeply. I wanted her to scold me, shout at me, slap me, beat me but she is not sparing even a single glance to me. I know I have disappointed her. She has told me to keep Gauri safe, make her happy but I have hurt the most. I have become a monster that night. Why I drink this much when I couldn't control myself?

Dad entered the room with an angry face and it seem that he will rip anyone apart in pieces. My eyes met his flaming blue orbs and his anger subsided.

"Dad did you get something" I got a sharp glare in return.

He told that she is off to India but not to her home but to her uncle pratap. Mom become worried on hearing that and told us that what a monster he is.

"Adam, you guys are going back. I will stay back to attend some business meetings. Tori, Pack your bags and his too." He pointed me with a glare.

"Here we are under constant watch that's why we can't execute any plan." the military man inside my father has resurfaced and totally dominated him because he was ordering in the same tone.

"Dad, I will go to India." I said firmly but he ignored me like I don't exist on the first place.

"Shut up Alex, you have already done the damage. Now let me handle this, you will do just as I say." he gave a smoldering gaze when I insisted to go to India.

"Uncle, I..." Adam stopped in between when he felt that Dad won't give me permission either.

"Nobody will go after Gauri except Alex. Although he is stupid sometimes but we can't ignore that he is a trained fighter and can handle any situation" Thanks dad for the encouraging words.

"James, you are trusting him" Mom's words felt like a strong punch

"Mom, I know, I have broken your trust but I promise that I will bring her back" I tried to hold her hand but she jerked my hands.

"Uncle, Who would take Alex's place here? have you arranged any look alike of him" 

"I need some time to arrange his replacement." Dad frowned

"Dad, Lucas looks same as Alex. We can take help of makeup artists to give him Alex's face" Tori suggested

"Princess, WE and any important person related to us are under constant watch. Do you understand its meaning" Tori nodded in yes

"James, I have the solution. Just arrange a secure phone line for me. I want to talk to one of my friends" Dad gave mom a confused look

A secured line is arranged quickly and mom talked to someone and when she turned towards us, she has a winning look.

"James, he will be at our home when we reached there."

"Tori, you have to admit Alex in a best hospital at London. It should seem like that he is in critical condition. If the media question you about why you are taking him to London then tell him that you want to personally look after your brother." Tori nodded in understanding

Media was swarming outside the hospital and I was transferred to the medical van under full protection. I was told to lie like unconscious until I boarded the private plane.

In London, I met my look alike. He greeted me warmly and told me that he is my cousin. The only difference between us was the eye color since he has gray eyes.

Although, we were still under watch but it is more easier to escape from Sinha's men than in New York.

William aka my cousin has replaced me in hospital. I wanted to ask mom about William but she was super angry with me. One day, I came home after attending meeting with the bank manager and I was very eager to tell mom about the things I found in aunt Susie locker. I went straight to mom but stopped just in front of her half opened door because she had a visitor.

I was about to turn when her friend mentioned my father's brother. I thought of Jack but I realized that they are talking about his twin brother.

I eavesdrop on their conversation and got the whole truth. That day, many things have been revealed at once and I was feeling restless. Everywhere I was facing things about aunt Susie. I want to know her. How she looked, how she talked and how she was with me, I want to know everything about her and I know who can help me in that.

------------

"Are you ready Alex?" I simply nodded in yes

"It will be little painful but I know you can handle it" he patted my shoulder.

"I know Marc. I just want my answers. Everybody told me things about her but I want to know her personally"

"She was like that Alex." he sighed

"Close your eyes son"

I felt that I was walking into a dark tunnel and his voice was like a faint guiding light. The dark tunnel started vanishing and I reached a big white bungalow. There was a beautiful garden with variety of flowers in front of the house. Butterflies were swarming over the flowers and feasting on them.

"What are you seeing Alex?" he asked me.

"I am at her house. It is very big and beautiful like a palace." I sounded like a kid to myself.

"Look at yourself and tell me about you"

I observed myself and found that I have become small.

"Boo" I jumped aside and fell on the grass. She giggled with all her heart and her small almond color eyes sparkled under the sunlight.

"Chipmunk fell down. Chipmunk fell down" she did a little dance. I lifted myself and ran after her.

"Stop you cheesecake otherwise I will pull your ponytail" I shouted behind her.

She went straight into the kitchen and hided behind aunt Susie.

"Aunt susie, she scared me" I complained

"Aww my sweet chipmunk" she lifted me and made me sit on kitchen counter.

She was wearing a pink saree with broad golden border. There was a fresh red rose on the side of her bun.

"What are you seeing Alex?" his voice interrupted me and she faded away.

"I am hiding behind a huge bed and trying to understand some argument going on in Hindi" I focused on the pair of voices.

"Do you understand their language"

"Yes, Aunt Susie always talk to me in Hindi"

"Who is arguing? Do you know them? "

"Aunt Susie and uncle sam are arguing. Uncle sam is saying that he doesn't like me playing with Gauri. He is saying that childhood friendship can grow into love and he doesn't want that to be happen between me and Gauri. He is saying that they will go back to India."

The scene vanished as the child form of Alex started crying and when I opened my eyes I was in the garden.

"Gauri please wear it" little Gauri jerked my hand

"No I won't wear your ring. I don't want to marry you" she pouted angrily

"Okay, don't wear it. Uncle sam will take you to India and you will marry a man 10 years elder than you. He won't give you chocolates, dolls, gifts or anything you like. I am going, huh" I stomped my foot and turned

"Alex, I don't want to marry some old man. I will wear your ring" I smiled and slid the diamond ring in her thin ring finger but it came out. She started crying saying that if we will be separated if we don't get married. I once heard from my parents that marriage can bring two people from different culture together and I have convinced Gauri that it the only way we can live together forever.

"Hey, don't worry. One day I will become big and strong like my dad and then I will marry you. Till then let's hide this ring here" we happily dig a hole at the base of statue and bury the ring.

My whole childhood started playing like a movie and I have lived all the moments with my Gauri once again. Now I know how aunt Susie was. She was a second mother to me. I used to share all my secrets with her. We used to go on walk and shopping. She was elegant and beautiful.

She lived simply but her every gesture speaks of her royalty. I always used to tease Gauri saying that she can never become like aunt Susie. I adore her every feature whether its her style, soft voice or her lifeless eye. She was beautiful even with that small defect. She was lively and made everything alive with her presence. I used to spend most of my day and sometimes my nights with her listening to her stories despite of knowing that my presence irritates Uncle Sam. I always wanted to live with her but one day everything comes to an end.

It was my special day, my birthday and I wished that I wanted to spend whole day with aunt Susie. She took me to the cake shop and I insisted for a big cheesecake since it was Gauri's favorite. I knew she will give me a small piece and eat up the rest of the cake by herself but still I want it.

We took the cake and thanked the lady on counter before leaving. I was jumping up and down with excitement of my birthday.

"Hello Susie, Hello Alex" A tall man with gray eyes who look somewhat similar to my dad greeted her and her face turned red.

"You?? What are you doing here? How dare you come in front of me?" She hissed and pushed me behind her in protective manner.

"I came here to meet my "

"Stop it. You don't have any relation with him. Alex let's go" She gripped my hand and moved towards her car but that man held my other hand.

"Let him go Jack." He smirked and she hit him on his face with the cheesecake. He was not prepared for the attack and he left my hand. She lifted me in her arms and ran towards the car.

She was driving very fast and then the car punctured before stopping. When her attempts to start the car failed, she took me in her arms and ran away from her car. It was a less populated area and she was trying to look for a safe place for us. She was turning her head left and right while panting heavily. Her neat bun become loose and black strands were coming on her face.

It was a park and all the houses were looking distant. She headed towards a tall building which was looking like an old church. Its walls were covered with ivy and mosses and it has big windows. Some of the have broken glasses and dust was settled on them. She took the stairs and reached the top floor. She looked around and then approached near a big window.

"Alex..Alex, you are my brave boy, right" I nodded my small head in response. I was bit surprised because she was talking to me in my language. She always talk to me in her language.

"then go and hide yourself behind the leaves. Don't come out until I, your dad or your Sam uncle calls you out. Okay!!" her almond eyes was holding fear in them.

"I am putting this in your mouth, you will get a bit uncomfortable but son, please don't remove it until you see your dad or uncle. Promise me" I promised her with my tangling my little finger with her little finger. She stuffed her cotton handkerchief in my mouth which made my mouth dry and then I carefully crawled on the thick branch touching the opened window and hided myself behind thick leaves. She ran in the opposite direction where we were standing just few seconds ago.

I could see the end of her silk saree, some men ran after her and grabbed her hands. A man approached in front of her and slapped her.

"You will never get the secret fro me" She struggled to free herself, she spat on the ground while shouting in her language. He pulled her bun and whispered something in her ear. I saw his black mustache and olive skin.

"I will prefer dying than cowering in front of you" she bit her ring finger and then she collapsed on the ground.

"Boss, it is poison" One of them said.

"You bloody bitch" That man kicked her in stomach.

"Let her die. He is still alive" Those men left her after that along with their leader.

"Pratap, leave them alone. They don't know anything" She tried to get up and shouted, blood was oozing from her mouth. She wiped the blood from her mouth.

They didn't listen to her and left in haste. Sometimes later, the same man from cake shop came from the stairs, he has a butcher's knife in his hand this time and it has blood on it.

"Where is he?" He make her stand against the pillar and shouted at her.

"You will never find him" she eyed him with disgust.

"Oh really. Then you have to pay for it" he gripped her neck  and stabbed her twice. Her eyes become blood shot and her fingers reached her stomach and smeared in blood.

"aaabbbbooozee" I tried to shout but my mouth was stuffed.

"Sujata" It was uncle Sam's scream

"Susie" Another scream came from my dad.

Before that man could escape, Uncle Sam grabbed him and started punching him across his face. Dad supported her and make her sit near a pillar. More footsteps arrived and they pulled Uncle Sam away from that man.

"Samar ji, James" Aunt Susie called them in a ragged voice

"Ah, Alex" She pointed towards the window. Dad rushed towards the window and shouted my name restlessly.

I slid forward shivering in fear and he pulled me into his arms. He took me to aunt Susie and she painfully smiled at me.

I went near her and touched the blood coming out from her mouth. She looked at me and looked and looked

"Sujataaaaaaaaaaaa" Uncle Sam cried and it echoed in the whole building

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 6.7K 70
Everything in her life was best... she had her family, friends and even now had a good and caring partner whom she was soon going to marry. she loved...
1.2K 183 26
"Can you just shut up" he said irritated. "My mouth, my voice, my wish. Why shall I listen to you?" She said. "Hey mahadev!! Who allowed this chatter...
12K 764 73
Tangles.. To me, life is full of tangles. One situation might be tangled with another... One memory might be tangled with another... One decision mig...
239K 17.1K 48
"Why the hell did you kidnap me? I will never marry your shameless cousin. You asshole! What made yo.." I was cut off by the finger on my lips by my...