Her Eyes

By UrbanQueen

Texas born twins Cilia and Iris Hunter were brought to Brooklyn, New York and given up for adoption at the ag... More

1 - "Ditmas Park"
2 - "Basement Brawls"
3 - "A New Life"
4 - "Street Rats"
5 - "Back Home"
6 - "Their Unhappy Family Reunion"
7 - "Breeze"
8 - "Money Impossible"
9 - "Friends...Or Not."
10 - "An Agonizing Night Of Passion"
11 - "A Mission Failed"
12 - "This Is An Emergency"
13 - "No Turning Back"
14 - "We Meet Again"
15 - "His Wife"
16 - "The Other Dime & Partners In Crime"
17 - "Their Family History"
18 - "Bonnie & Clyde"
19 - "First Interrogations Are Everything"
20 - "Close Calls"
21 - "Revelations"
22 - "When The Walls Are Closing In"
23 - "Dead It"
24 - "Lines In the Sand"
25 - "Gold Ice Casino"
26 - "Crossing The Line For Dollar Signs"
27 - "The Breakup"
28 - "The Connect"
29 - "I love you, Cilia"
30 - "The Meeting"
31 - "Mission Complete"
32 - "Caught"
34 - "Her True Colors"
35 - "One Step Ahead"
36 - "One Step Back"
37 - "Epilogue"

33 - "She Snaps"

17.1K 1K 5.9K
By UrbanQueen

Cilia and Allele walked into the crowded restaurant and was immediately engulfed by the crowd. They fought their way to get up to the podium where the hostess was, but before one of them could even open their mouth, Cilia was recognized by the hostess right away.

"Ma'am I just sat you down like two minutes ago. How'd you get up here?"

Cilia's eyes widened. "Oh, no, that must be my sister...table for three? She's waiting on us."

The hostess nodded her head remembering the woman did say she was waiting for two more people to join her. She grabbed two more menus from behind the wooden stand and escorted the duo to the back, to seat them with their guest. When they got to the table, the woman smiled once she noticed the two ladies were twin sisters. Cilia slid in the booth seat across from Iris and Allele sat next to Iris, only because Cilia kept begging him too. He didn't know for what reason. Probably to make them come off more apologetic and supportive.

The hostess placed the two menus down and smiled. "I'll be back in a few minutes to take your orders...can I start you off with some drinks?"

"Hot water please, I want to make tea." Cilia said, her stomach was bubbling and she felt she needed it.

"Apple juice," Allele smiled like a kid.

The woman looked at Iris and she didn't say anything. The lady took that as she wanted nothing and left the trio there. Cilia immediately turned her attention on her sister. Iris' hair was in a ponytail, and she had on black sunglasses. So black if she was making any facial expressions, it was unreadable.

Cilia was surprised it took them one day to get in touch with Iris. She'd been calling and texting her non-stop since she left the apartment last night. Finally the very next day around ten in the morning, she finally got Iris to answer her phone calls. Iris told her she would meet up with them and talk about it before she hung up. And here they were an hour later. Cilia was honestly grateful, she thought it would take weeks to get in touch with her sister. The disgust Cilia felt for herself was at an all time high. She'd been apart from her sister for years; but they were never in a bad space like this.

Cilia noticed one of Iris' hands on the table, so she reached forward and placed her hand on top of her sister's. "Iris—"

Iris yanked her hand back and looked somewhere in the direction of Cilia. "Don't touch me."

Cilia looked at Allele for help, but he was on his cellphone, playing games.

"Iris I'm sorry,"

"Yeah because you got caught bitch, that's why."

Both Allele and Cilia glanced at her in shock. Iris was never really one to curse like that. Let alone at her sister. Cilia had to know she would be mad and of course say something like that, but it still really hurt.

"I can't believe you, who fucks their blind sister's husband? You're a slut, Cilia. I let you into my house...he's my husband! You had a boyfriend already what the fuck is the matter with you!" She screamed.

A few heads in the restaurant turned and looked at them, instantly making Cilia want to shrink in size. She felt so low about herself. " I'm sorry Iris...I never meant to hurt you. You know I would never intentionally hurt you."

Allele looked at Cilia and clenched his jaws, shaking his head at her. He had absolutely no reason to be sitting here right now.

A different waitress returned with the hot water and a few tea bags along with the tall glass of apple juice before pulling out her notepad. "Food?"

"Five more minutes please." Cilia said. The woman nodded and walked off. Cilia looked at Iris. "It wasn't like what you thought it was, it just happened...Allele and I weren't having an affair or anything."

"So is that why you you guys were fighting that night? When Allele punched the holes in the wall? It wasn't because he told your boyfriend something and made you guys break up. It's because he told him the truth?" Iris tossed her head back and laughed, "this is so funny."

Cilia covered her face and rested her head on the table. I wish someone can just pull out a gun and kill me...she thought to herself. The pain in her chest was unbearable.

"I told you the only time I had sex with Cilia was that one time." Allele said. "You need to relax."

"Relax? You fuck my sister and I need to relax?" Iris said, "Why are you even sitting next to me? Go over there with your sidechick."

"I don't know why I'm sitting here with your ass either, ya sister asked me too. And she's not my side chick."

Iris put a hand on her chest, "Oh, right. My bad, we are married so she would be your mistress. Look at that," Iris said looking toward Cilia. "At least you have class."

The table was so tense the stares they kept getting from random customers and employees, couldn't be anything other than people feeling the bad energy.

Iris leaned forward, her glasses concealing her true emotions. "I bring you into my home, I fed you and look how you repay me."

"I brought her into my home and I fed her." Allele corrected. "My name is on the lease and I pay the rent."

He honestly didn't even plan on saying shit really, but Iris was pissing him off. He didn't care that he cheated on her because he couldn't stand her. Cilia was the one who wanted to come here to make herself the fool. It was her sister and he understood that, but Allele honestly thought Iris didn't need all the extra theatrics. But it was just like Cilia. Always kissing Iris' ass.

Iris looked at him, she would have scooted away but she was already against the wall of the booth. She couldn't go anywhere. "Why are you taking up for her? I am your wife. Me!"

"Because you being extra right now, you know you don't even care Iris."

"And who the hell told you I don't care?"

"You don't. You not even crying."

"So I have to cry to care?"

"If we talking about you then fuck yes...because you cry for everything. You would cry if I accidentally bump into your shoulder when I past. But yet, when you caught me and Cilia your eyes didn't even water. You didn't cry one time and you're not crying now so I don't know why you wearing them glasses," Allele said, "aren't you distraught? So hurt?"

"Maybe I'm holding my hurt in."

Allele sucked his teeth, "Iris shut the fu—please stop," he paused, catching himself. He knew he needed to work on his temper and the way he spoke to people. "Stop lying. It has nothing to do with holding no fuckin' hurt in because your not hurt. If you were really feeling some way, even if you didn't want me to see, you still wouldn't be able to hold in your true emotions. Because that would be something you can't help. But the fact that you not showing any emotion is because you don't give a fuck."

Iris rolled her eyes and turned away from him, "what you need to be more worried about how this is gonna play out instead of if I'm crying or not. You slept with my sister, so what do you think is gonna happen?"

Allele sat back in the seat, staring at her lips. She did know how to suck dick tho'...his eyes met her black frames. "I don't know, you tell me."

"You and her are leaving the apartment."

Allele laughed and just went back to the game on his phone. "Iris sshhh, please."

"Does it look like I'm laughing?" She asked calmly.

"Iris—"

"Was I talking to you?" Iris asked, turning to Cilia. "don't you have somebody else's husband to go steal? I bet that's why your boyfriend broke up with you. I wouldn't be surprised if he was married when you got with him. He probably found out how much of a hoe you are. All you do is ruin shit Cilia! Your ass should have stayed in prison!"

Cilia pressed her lips into a thin line and slid out of the booth seat. She felt her heart getting heavy. She made her way to the bathroom, leaving them at the table. Allele watched her walk away blowing out a breath. He hated to see her in pain.

Iris smelled the slight lingering scent of Heat perfume as if Cilia left. Iris leaned back and folded her arms. "Oh, she left? Why is she leaving now?"

Allele clenched his jaws and just sipped his juice. He thought about going after Cilia but decided to give her privacy to get herself together for a second.

"Oh, so now you're quiet too? Speak up, you had a hella of a lot to say when you guys got busted. Thinking the shit was funny, being all sarcastic. Now you wanna be serious?"

Allele crunched on the ice in his mouth.

"You're a fucking psycho Allele. Your acting like you hate me."

"Didn't say I did."

"So why are you acting like it? Didn't you take anything in our marriage seriously?"

"Of course, you're head game. Where you get a throat like that from?" Allele chuckled, still staring in the direction of the bathroom. Iris shook her head and sat up, tapping her nails on the table. Allele side eyed her. "Why are you here?"

"Because I wanted to hear the excuses...I felt like being entertained."

Allele sighed and rested his glass cup down. He turned to Iris and stared for a second before reaching forward and taking her glasses. Iris tensed in surprise when she felt the glasses come off her face. She heard Allele toss them on the table as they slid across the wood top before coming to a halt.

Allele studied her face wondering how something so beautiful could be so ugly. Her face was expressionless, her amber eyes glistening under the light from the ceiling. Her skin was blemish free and her lips small and pouty just like her sister's. It was the only thing attractive about her. Her physical appearance. That was the only way she matched up to Cilia.

"Are you mentally ill?" Allele asked her, staring into her eyes. He lowered his tone so only she could hear. "You need to tell your sister the truth. You don't give a damn about that girl and you never did. The fact that you could sit here playing this little game—this little fucking mind game. Let's-drag-Cilia is fucked up. Especially when this is the only person who cares about you, because I damn sure don't."

"What mind game? She opened her fucking legs to my husband."

"It doesn't matter."

Iris pulled her head back. "It doesn't matter?"

"You opened you're legs to me knowing she was in love with me. So if she's a slut your the leader of the pack." Allele said coldly.

Iris just stared at him. Then slowly shook her head, her skin crawled. "You're a piece of shit just like her. How can you act like this? Two weeks ago you had no problem with me. I was your everything, you're 'baby girl.' You were not acting like this whenever I was riding your dick, now all of a sudden you can't stand me?"

More ice crunched in Allele's mouth as he chuckled. "I wouldn't have a problem with no female who getting my dick wet, so don't think your special for that, baby girl." He mocked, rubbing under her chin.

Iris smacked his hand away. "I hate you Allele," she said as her voice started to shake. "Get away from me...get away from me!" She screamed.

Allele quickly did as she said but instead of going on the other side of the booth seat, he got up from the table completely. Their waitress was nearby being nosey, so Allele walked up to her and asked to be seated at another table. She complied but the table was in the same section, just right across. Allele was fine there as long as he was no longer near Iris. He really couldn't stand her.

Iris felt around for her sunglasses on the table me and placed them back on her face. She was being a cold hearted bitch today, just how everyone wanted to be with her.

Cilia returned from the bathroom after freshening up. She looked casual in her little tight jeans and purple sweater. She noticed Allele was gone but easily spotted him right across from them on his phone. Cilia bit her bottom lip and slid into the seat right next to Iris instead of across from her.

Cilia looped her arm through Iris's, causing the blind girl to look her way and snap. "Get off me!"

"Iris please—"

"Get the fuck off me!" She shouted, she could feel the rage building inside her.

Cilia let go but made no efforts to back up. She was so distraught that she began to shake. She couldn't leave here without her and Iris back on normal terms, "P-please just listen to me. Iris I never meant to hurt you! I'm sorry!"

"Why him?" Iris questioned. This time the tears were present as they rolled down her face past her glasses, her cheeks getting a little red. Cilia stared at Iris' quivering lips and was even more disgusted with herself for doing this to her sister. Iris sniffled. "Why my man? Especially when you had your own?!"

Cilia didn't know what to say. What was there to say? Did she tell the truth and say because she was in love with Allele or lie and make it out to be some kind of 'too much alcohol' type of thing. "I wasn't thinking when I did it."

Iris sucked her teeth, waving her off. "Girl bye. You weren't thinking? Clearly you were thinking well enough, it's not like he forced himself on you. So obviously it was a decision that was made. That sounds exactly like clear fucking thinking."

Cilia didn't say anything as she began to bounce her leg up and down. She wasn't a crier but living in a world where Iris hated her...she didn't know if she could do that now. This was her sister. Her twin.

"Oh no words? You just did it because you could? Because I was blind?"

"No, it wasn't because of that."

"So you're saying you would have still did it even if I could see?"

Cilia shook her head side to side. She couldn't handle this. Her skin was so hot, she was flushed and drained. If she could go back in time, none of this would have ever happened. "I'm not saying that either...I'm just saying I'm—I'm sorry..." she uttered, playing with her fingers.

The table was quiet for a second before Iris spoke up, seeming to make direct eye contact. "I hate you Cilia..."

In that moment Cilia felt her heart literally wrench and her eyes water. They eyelids stung, her tears fighting her back as she held them at bay. Cilia clutched her chest, bouncing her leg harder. "Don't say that Iris...we've been together forever. We can get through this. We can work on our relationship...go to therapy...I need you, we're sisters!"

"So you should have thought about that before you did what you did." Iris said, she turned away, sniffling. After a few seconds she turned back to her, "do you know Gail told me about you guys? She's mentioned to me that you two seemed way too close. The way you dress, prancing around an' shit with barely no clothes on or whatever. But you know what I did? I cut her shit right there, because it wasn't about the fucking clothes you wore. I told her you would never cross that line or do that to me. And you turned around and made me look stupid!"

Cilia clenched her jaws as she just listened to Iris speak. The amount of invisible garbage that made up her insides made it feel like she was about to burst. She couldn't take this kind of shame.

"How would you feel if I slept with your boyfriend?" Iris shouted.

A few heads in the restaurant turned again, some people giving each other looks from the juicy drama. Allele peeked up but went back to his phone.

"I'm sorry." Cilia whispered, she could feel herself becoming numb. "I'm sorry Iris please..."

Iris shook her head, annoyed that was all she could keep saying.

"I'll do anything to fix this. You're all I have, Iris! I love you!"

"I don't care about your love. I don't love you, real sisters don't do shit like this...what your gonna do is get your shit and get the fuck out my house by tonight. If not cops will be there to escort you and your stink ass out. The only reason Allele isn't going with you is because it's his apartment and I can't kick him out. Otherwise he'd be out the door behind your ass. You weren't shit but a hoe who got fucked and now your getting tossed out. How do you feel now?"

Cilia looked at her sister, her head was pounding. A defeated look was present in her eyes. She was so drained it looked like she would pass out at any given moment. "Iris you can't do that, I have nowhere to go, I'll be homeless." She whispered as the realization of Iris's words hit her.

Iris gasped, "Oh really? I'm glad your smart."

Cilia furrowed her eyebrows, her voice cracking. She clutched onto Iris not caring her sister wanted her nowhere near her. "No Iris you don't understand. I can't be homeless again. You know what that's like...what I had to do...I-I can't, please I'll find a job and move out soon but—"

"But just make sure you don't take any of my damn shit. You have until ten o' clock tonight to be gone. Or you can just get dragged out by the boys in blue."

Cilia felt something else enter her chest...it was hurt and a burning sensation she couldn't quiet place. She stared at her sister, someone who was a completely different person. "...Iris?" She whispered in disbelief.

"We done here?" Allele asked, coming over to see if things had been sorted out. He just wanted to leave.

"Yes, I'm coming home but she's leaving."

"Says who?" Allele asked.

"Says me, are you crazy? She is not staying in the apartment with me after having sex with you." Iris said matter of fact.

Allele shrugged. "Okay, you have somewhere for her to go then?"

"On the goddamn street where she belongs!"

"Iris you're not kicking her out."

Iris banged her fist on the table. Most men would just keep their mouth shut, happy they weren't in as much shit. But here Allele was arguing with her as if he was not the one who cheated on her. "So you think it's okay for her to still be around me?"

"I ain't say all of that, what I said was your not throwing her out on the street. Your wildin'. I could put her in a hotel or something."

"Fuck that! You ain't giving her money for no damn hotel! Not after she disrespected me the way she did!"

"Iris..."

Cilia listened to them go back and forth about her staying or being put out as she just watched them. She tuned out, her heart beat seeming to slow down. She just watched out at the patrons who watched at their table like they were a spectacle. Why did God create people like her? The viruses in the world? The people who had no luck? The ones that everyone hated?

Flashbacks of herself—her former self entered Cilia's mind. Each flashback of her face seeming to mature a little, symbolizing the years going by. Each facial expression was the same. On the inside was pain, but it dared not show on her face with the frown and aggressive stare in her eyes. That's right Cilia, she told herself. That's you, it always has been and will be.

She hardly had any memories of herself where she was shedding tears, where she admitted she was hurt or she couldn't handle something. If she had to go back to being a street rat, then she had the one person she knew would make sure she was okay...herself. Cilia smiled at the hurt and pain cooking her soul, but she tuned back into reality, looking up at Allele.

"It's okay Allele, go home, I'll be fine." She whispered with a small smile, getting up.

Allele was taken aback by the water that filled her multicolored eyes. If she blinked the salt tears would come pouring down her caramel brown face.

"Damn right you'll be fine, now go open your legs to some other man other then mines. He might give you change for a cup of coffee." Iris said.

"S'cuse me," A waitress said approaching with a thin metal tray, to go collect dirty dishes from a table people had just finished eating on. Her heart was doing somersaults in her chest, hoping to get pass the drama.

"Always knew you were a damn whore," Iris mumbled, "you were always so quick to open your legs. You been doing it since you were nine."

Allele looked down at her, his eyes narrowing dangerously low as his dislike for her instantly grew to a whole new level. "Yo'...what the fuck is wrong with you? Who says some shit like that?"

Iris glared up at Allele to say something, but a metal tray responded to her instead as Cilia grabbed it from the waitress's hands, catching Iris on the left side of her face with it so hard, it instantly created a huge dent. Iris' black sunglasses flew off her face, her head smacking into the wall as it sounded like thunder. The entire restaurant went quiet.

"Bitch!" Cilia shouted, throwing the tray and jumping into the booth as she grabbed Iris's hair with one hand, repeatedly punching her in the face with the other.

The entire restaurant gasped, silverware clanking as people dropped their utensils over or pushed their chairs back and got up to see. Others rushing over closely to see the drama.

"Cil chill chill chill!" Allele said in shock, grabbing her around her waist as he pulled her back.

As Allele pulled her away, Cilia dragged a screaming Iris out the booth seat along with her, still trying to throw as many punches as she could.

Iris screamed and cried, begging for people to help her as she held her hair. It felt like Cilia was ripping it from the roots. Allele managed to pry her hands off, holding her arms down by her sides in a bear hug like he was her personal strait jacket.

Iris scurried back into the booth, sitting with her knees hugged up to her chest, blocking her head and looking around terrified, not knowing where Cilia was and if she was about to be attacked again. Her confidence was now at zero as all she could hear was loud chatter among them, people whispering about what was taking place.

"Get off me Allele." Cilia mumbled, her voice low and shaking.

"I know you mad but chill ma, c'mon. You—"

"Get off." Cilia whispered again, something in her voice was different. Her eyes weren't even the same. She looked like a completely different person. Even Allele didn't want to piss her off right now.

He put her down and it didn't even take her feet touching the ground for to dart toward Iris again, only to easily be caught by Allele who just reached his arm out, grabbing her around the waist, her feet off the ground as he held her by his side.

"Fuck you bitch you never had my back! You ain't no type of sister Iris, I hate you!" Cilia shouted, prying Allele's arm off of her. "I'm a whore now because I use to have sex with a grown man to keep you full?!"

Iris sat in the booth seat whimpering loudly and crying, as she prayed Cilia didn't come for her again.

Cilia pushed Allele back and jumped on top of the table, making the dishes rattle and startling Iris who began to cry louder. Cilia stood over her, the emotions raging inside of her. The entire restaurant was dead silent, everybody in shock as they just watched.

"How dare you! You never had my back and the one time I mess up you wanna turn up on me? You wanna put me out on the street like garbage because I made one mistake? One Iris!? Bitch you been making mistakes! I got raped day after day by a grown ass man and where were you? In the room next door watching TV acting like nothing was happening. But you never had an issue eating half the food I got raped for!"

Iris low key stared up at her sister, shaking like a leaf as she cowered in her booth seat. Thick globs of snot travelled out her nose as she cried harder than a five year old child. She's never felt this type of rage from Cilia before.

"Every single fight I ever got into was because of you! And then you watched me get dragged and beat up while I fought by myself, barely sixty fucking pounds! Just like when I was fighting Marvin. It took a fucking stranger!" She screamed, tears streaming down her face as she pointed at Allele without turning. "It took a damn stranger to step in and help me! Some shit you never did! That boy could have cracked my skull open. He was three times my fucking size!"

Even the cooks in the back came out to get a peek at the commotion. The air stiff and tense with animosity so hot, nobody dared to even breathe too hard.

"You let five girls jump me and one of them even pulled out a knife! You never even moved!"

Allele finally stepped in, holding one of Cilia's wrist. "Aight Cil." He whispered. He was glad that she was finally seeing what he's been seeing about Iris for years, that she was selfish; but he had to calm her down.

"Get the fuck off of me!" She screamed, yanking her wrist back so hard he even moved with her. She turned back toward Iris. "I went to prison for six years for protecting you're bitch ass! Six years! You didn't even know I got my damn back sliced open and was almost paralyzed! And I know you don't care! Because your a self-seeking bitch! And you wanna have the nerve to talk about what a real sister is? Bitch," Cilia mumbled, jumping off the table as her feet landed on the booth seat on either side of Iris. She sat on the table top with Iris between her legs like a child. Cilia leaned forward, her elbows on her knees and face inches away from her sister's face as she followed every single movement the crying girl made. "What's a real sister since you know so much about that. Tell me what the fuck is a sister."

By this time every single person in the building was out of their seats, everyone staring in shock. The whole place silent as they watched the scene. It felt like it was something straight out of a book. The amazement was in the air as those who were close enough realized the fighting was actually between twin sisters.

"Oh you mute now? You quiet? What's a real sister, bitch? I'm waiting! Speak up!"

Instead Iris just clutched her hair tighter, shying away from Cilia thinking she was about to randomly get swung on again.

"Don't you ever open your mouth and use that word. Because real sisters don't stand there and let their sister get jumped. Real sisters don't think it's okay to let their sister give her innocence away then turn around and take her benefits. Real sisters don't complain in the Winter time, about being cold and make their sister take off most of her clothes and give it to her, while her sister freezes at night. Real sisters don't let their sister flirt with grown ass men just to steal after knowing she use to fuck with a pedophile already!"

Iris couldn't even contain herself as snot bursted out of her nose and she kept pleading with Cilia not to hit her again.

Cilia was so hurt even she began to cry. It wasn't that Iris didn't have a right to be upset. Cilia was not right in this situation and she knew that. It was just to the degree Iris was taking it. She'd never seen that type of energy from her sister before. So to see her sister humiliating her like this broke something in her and angered her. Iris had no right to crush her up and stomp on her. Not after everything she's done for her. Cilia knew she wasn't right but if anything Iris was the one going straight to hell, because God didn't bless people like that. Iris never been there for her in her entire life, so for her to make one mistake and Iris to think she had the right to come at her full force wasn't right at all.

"I mean Jesus Iris, I slept with Allele and I'm wrong I know that...but why are you treating me like a dog!?"

Iris had no idea Cilia would react like this. Cilia had never blown up on her the way she has and she was scared to be honest. She was blind and nobody was helping her. "I'm sorry," She dragged out in a whiny voice, her voice going up and down like a roller coaster.

"Shut up!" Cilia unexpectedly screamed, "you talk when I tell you too, bitch. Wanna be mad because I slept with ya man," Cilia said sarcastically, "but you couldn't be mad when a grown man was sleeping with me. I should smack the shit out of you!"

And that was what was so hurtful to Cilia. Whenever Cilia had to give her body to Tom in exchange for food, Iris never once asked her to stop, never told her she didn't need to do it or anything. She never said anything because all she was worried about was making sure she ate before she went to bed.

Iris's insides began to melt like butter, wondering where the cops were. Where was everybody else? It was like everyone in the place was a mannequin. Couldn't someone come and break this up? Iris felt like a newborn baby that couldn't hold their neck up own their own the way her's kept shaking. Her throat closed up and she felt her heart pounding. "But Cil, y-you,"

"It's Cilia bitch we not friends. Talk to your master correctly!" She barked in her face. Never in hell did Cilia think she would have ever treated her sister this way; but it turned out everything Allele had said about her had been right. Iris had literally just shown her true colors. And Cilia was hurt.

A huge lump was on the side of Iris face from where the tray caught her, her teeth chattering loudly. "But you slept with my husband Cilia, you're acting like I'm not suppose to be mad. How else am I suppose to react?" Iris whimpered like a battered child. She did have a right to be mad, didn't she?

"React how you did when you constantly let me get trashed by other kids. React the same way you did when you watched five girls beat my head in. React the same way you did every time Ms. Pat locked us out the house and made us sleep outside. Cry and not do shit! That's how you should have reacted! Because that's how you react to everything." Cilia pettily mushed Iris in her head so hard her entire body flew back into the seat. "In my twenty years of life, I have never done a fucking thing to you. Everything has been about you. So how dare you have the audacity to sit your blind ass across from me and wanna play thug the one time I mess up."

Allele quickly scooped Cilia up from behind from the other side of the booth, easily lifting her body over the table. This time Cilia was relaxed in his arms, allowing him to pull her away.

"'Cause I slept with Allele," Cilia mumbled disgustedly, "Bitch please, the same Allele you don't even want. You never did! Yet I'm the hoe. You only hopped your slut ass on him because you knew I wanted him! I loved that boy since I was ten and you knew that! But you wanna have the nerve to be getting all hyped about it like you care about him. This is the same boy you talked about for years like a dog every chance you got! You talked about how his hair was all the way down to his back and way too long. How he's not your type because he's not light skin, how he's too aggressive, too short for you. How his temper was too bad. You always had something to say about him when when he wasn't looking, yet he was the same person that treated you like a fucking princess."

Allele was surprised because he didn't know about any of this. But of course, he assumed because they were sisters, Cilia would never snitch to him the things Iris said. She was protecting her kin.

"But yet you was bold enough wit'cha blind fuckin' ass," Cilia spat one word at a time trying to crawl her way back over to Iris; but was firmly being held back by Allele. "To write me letters for two whole years, with them always being about you of course and how you were legally blind and all this shit...but failed to mention how you ran and got married to the man I loved. And how you were sleeping in a warm bed and getting fucked by him while I was in prison on a hard ass metal cot as my bed...fighting and eating slop every fucking day. Then wanna tell me you never said anything about the marriage because you wanted it to be a surprise. Bitch you weren't looking to surprise me. You never said anything because you were too scared, scared like the pussy you always been. You knew I was probably coming out to say something to him now that I was older and more mature to handle my feelings. So instead of telling me that you already jumped on him, you wait for me to find out by having me show up and knock on your door, to see him standing there with a ring on his finger, married to you, when I'm the one who's been in love with him for ten years..." Cilia's voice trailed off, as she broke down, covering her face.

Allele felt his heart sting and he instantly bit his bottom lip in guilt. He could tell Cilia was low key talking to him. He knew he was wrong in doing that and if he could go back in time he would. But it wasn't entirely his fault. His head wasn't always there at times back then, but Cilia wasn't there at all back then so he did what he felt was a good idea. He was thinking off of an innocent teenage brain. He wanted to apologize and say something to her, but he knew right now wasn't the time too. He wanted her to get all the hurt off her chest.

Iris whimpered, holding her cheek like she just got slapped. "But Cilia he proposed to me!" Iris wept. "He asked me to marry him!"

"But you said yes!" Cilia sobbed back, "it doesn't matter what the fuck he asked you. We're not talking about him right now, we're talking about you. I already talked to Allele and his wrong in the situation, but what about you? He can ask you that all he wants, but obviously he needs to a certain answer to make something happen and you gladly obliged too it. I'm sure you knew he didn't want your ass when he asked but you still said yes. So why did you agree to marry someone you don't even love? Or who doesn't love you? Because you have no self respect and your nothing but a self-centered, narcissistic whore, that's why." She said answering her own question.

"Aight Cil come on you made your point, we gotta go." Allele said letting go of her and tugging on her hand.

"Because that's what you do. You always have to make it about you. You don't love me, you use me like a doormat like you've always had. You did it for years and you didn't care how you treated me as long as you were on top. But finally one day in my shitty life someone comes along and tries to put me on a pedestal with you and you weren't having that. Allele liked me more and you saw that. You saw that even though me and him argued and fought all the time he still had the stronger connection to me. So what do you do? You run and plant yourself in the middle. You pranced around acting like a helpless child, soaking up that 'baby girl' title he gave you. You go and marry him so that way, my number one priority would be you as your sister. And his number one priority would be you as his wife. So from both ends of the spectrum it's about you. If it isn't about Iris, it isn't about anything. You have to be on someone's mind while they piss, shit, eat, sleep, wake up, breathe, cry, and laugh else you can't live with yourself. If someone isn't thinking about you, then you can't function."

Whispers started to circulate about Iris being blind by customers. Some saw her walking in earlier with really dark shades, being helped to a table by one of the employees. And those who already realized she was blind, didn't care. Nowadays it was better to mind your business. That's how you got killed.

"So to think you about to have the balls to turn into a savage on me, that's definitely not how this is gonna work. You don't get to be the angry one in this group, Iris. You don't get to spazz on anybody. You don't get to be the one who wants to come out here on some revenge shit. That's my job. I'm the one who had the fucked up life to keep you safe! I'm the one who went to prison for attempted murder for you. You know what people do in prison? Sit back and reflect on the shit that got them there. But I didn't. Don't you think I could have stared up at the ceiling at night for six years and go 'hmm, you know what? Iris has never helped me. She's never been there for me. She's never done this or that.' I could have came out being the angry, bitter person who decides to fuck your life up, but I didn't."

Cilia was breathing so hard it was amazing she could still keep talking straight.

"I came out still thinking about you. The Allele thing just happened. I'm not saying it makes it right, but I didn't come out with the intentions of fucking him. I wasn't having an affair with him the entire time behind your back. It just happened. And you know what Iris, I keep saying sorry but fuck you. Because my life was shit and the one thing I ever wanted you still took from me. So now I don't feel bad, fuck you! Yes I fucked your husband, but the sad thing about that is we can put up a chart and the fucked up sister scores can still never match up in three lifetimes!"

Cilia finally allowed Allele to escort her to the door, ignoring the onlookers as she was dragged toward the exit. Then forgetting her purse was at the table Cilia turned back. Allele tried to grab her wrist but Cilia roughly snatched her hand back, heading back to the table. "Nobody's gonna touch this bitch calm down." she said.

"Honey are you okay?" A blond Spanish waitress asked, consoling Iris by rubbing her arm up and down.

Iris looked up, sniffling hard as she tried to locate some tissue on the table. "Can you please make sure she doesn't hit me? I'm blind...I-I can't see."

"Get the fuck away from her!" Cilia barked at the woman, ready to swing on anybody trying to be a superhero today.

The waitress immediately did and backed up. Francesca wasn't usually scared of anybody, but there were days some people had, where you just didn't fuck with them.

Iris began to cry again, realizing Cilia was back. Cilia slid into the booth and picked her purse up, looking in Iris' direction in disgust. She didn't want to say anything more but it was like she couldn't help herself. She was so hurt, "Talking about 'Cilia but he proposed to me,' like he was suppose to know better or know more than you like ya'll not the same fucking age. Then if he should have known better not to marry you, you should have known better then to not accept his proposal. You should have known better that when I was getting my ass whooped that you should have jumped in even when I told you not too. You should have known better than to not let me go around stealing by myself for the both of us. And wanna talk about what real sisters do."

Cilia slung her purse over her shoulder and walked around the table to where Iris was. With one knee in the hard leather of the seat, it squeaked loudly once Cilia leaned forward, causing Iris to lean back in fear.

"And just to enlighten your little dumb ass, you tried to kick me out but where do you think you're going? With the same dude that's been treating you like shit for the last couple of weeks? The same one who can't stand you? Honey your man just admitted that he was in love with me. Which means if I get with him, your getting out. And you know what, you are. Thanks for giving me until ten to get my things but don't even worry about coming to get your stuff, because their mines now. And just for you wanting to play with me you ungrateful bitch, now you can stay blind. And now you can be the homeless one on the streets, sucking dick for some change. Maybe if you do it good enough someone might pay to get your eyes fixed."

 Cilia began to walk but stopped and looked over her shoulder.

"Oh, and if I were you, your little old ass best friend? I would probably call her up to come get me. You're not looking too cute right now...this shit you pulled today? I will never forgive you or get over this. So don't worry, I got something for you since you wanna be a bad bitch. You can't compete with me on that level, ma. Imma show you which one of us has the cold heart forreal." Cilia suddenly smiled, "Thanks for having the tab, though. And wipe your nose Iris baby, that's really nasty." And with that she walked out.

Iris dropped her head on the table and cried. She cried harder then she ever did. She knew at this moment there was no turning back.

Cilia had snapped.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

564K 25K 117
The Many Dates of Indigo is now published as a Paperback, and E-book with W by Wattpad Books! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Wattpad Or...