You're mine (#1)

By sadnessbabe12

||#1 Teen Fiction|| *Book 1 of the You're Mine series* Damon Queen- the dangerous, arrogant billionaire who d... More

||Chapter 1||
||Chapter 2||
||Chapter 3||
||Chapter 4||
||Chapter 5||
||Chapter 6||
||Chapter 7||
||Chapter 8||
||Chapter 9||
||Chapter 10||
||Chapter 11||
||Chapter 12||
||Chapter 13||
||Chapter 14||
||Chapter 15||
||Chapter 16||
||Chapter 17||
||Chapter 18||
||Chapter 19||
||Chapter 20||
||Chapter 21||
||Chapter 22||
||Chapter 23||
||Chapter 24||
||Chapter 25||
||Chapter 26||
||Chapter 27||
||Chapter 28||
||Chapter 30||
||Chapter 31||
||Chapter 32||
||Chapter 33||
||Chapter 34||
Epilogue
The End

||Chapter 29||

390K 12.4K 1.2K
By sadnessbabe12

Natalie
I woke up to an awful headache. My whole body was in pain and my shoulder felt numb.
I didn't want to open my eyes just yet.

I remembered everything that happened.
Oliver. Damon. Gunshot.
I was shot!
I was fucking shot!
This fucking prick!

I opened my eyes slowly and greeted the sharp daylight.
I closed my eyes forcefully again, trying to figure out what was happening.
Where am I?
I opened my eyes slowly again and let them adjust to the sunlight.

I noticed that I laid in a brightly white bed.
The room was big, it had two more beds opposite me but they were neatly done and unused.

There was a huge window to my right, the bright sunlight shining through.
I looked to my left and widened my eyes.
I noticed that my shoulder was full of bandages and my arms full of needles and tubes.

The heart monitor beeping steadily next to me.
I sighed.
I noticed the huge comfortable armchair, and someone snoring in it.
I looked over the 'get well soon' balloons and noticed a very handsome Damon in the armchair.
I smiled.
But then, it hit me like a truck.

****
Fine. I did it." Damon said coldly and harshly.
"I killed her." He added, making tears stream down my cheeks.
There were a few moments of silence until Oliver bursted out crying.
"Murderer." Oliver whispered hatefully.
****

My heart began to race faster and faster and I felt fear. Fear towards the man I knew nothing about, sleeping silently next to me.

I started breathing heavily and my vision was blurry.
I needed to get out.
I needed to run.
I was about to rip the needles out of my arm when someone's strong hands grabbed my hands and held them tightly.
I dared not to look up.
"Natalie?! Natalie, you're awake!" I heard his cheerful voice. He sounded so happy I thought he was gonna hug me, but of course, he's Damon Queen.

I looked everywhere but not at him.
He let go of one of my hands and cupped my cheek, making me look up.

Just as he caught my eyes, a tear slid down my cheek.
I looked at him in fear and he wiped the tear away with his thumb. He looked at me and frowned.

"Natalie... what's wrong?" He asked with concern in his voice.
I sat there paralyzed and the only thing going through my mind was how get out of here ASAP.
I was about to try to break free from his grip when a nurse came in.

"Oh look at this! She woke up! Finally! How wonderful! Tell me darling, how are you feeling?" She asked cheerfully as she made her way towards us and Damon let go of me immediately. He stood up straight allowing me to see his tall figure.

I looked with fear around the room and forced myself to sit still as I panicked inside.
Oh my god, Natalie! Calm down!
What is wrong with you? He wouldn't hurt you... right?

The nurse saw my condition and immediately turned to Damon with concern.
Damon looked confused back at her.

"It's alright, sir. It's perfectly normal for the patient to feel panicked and disoriented after a few days in coma. She'll feel better soon, Mr. Queen."

The nurse said with a reassuring smile.
I listened carefully and my eyes started to water with worry and panic.
They both turned to me and the nurse tilted her head.

"It's okay, sweetheart. You're fine. You're going to be alright-" she slowly sat at the edge of my bed. "-I'm Miss Goodwin, I've been taking care of you for the past 4 days. You've been shot and in a critical condition. Mr. Queen payed for a special doctor to take care of you since we weren't sure you were going to survive the shot. But don't worry, you are perfectly fine now, love. Tell me, how much do you remember from the night of the incident?" She asked very clearly and friendly, making me relax to the sound of her sweet voice.

Damon looked at me suspiciously, wanting to know how much I remember.
"I-" my voice was barely a whisper and my throat hurt like hell. My voice seemed to stop working for that moment. I cleared my throat and tried to speak again.

"I-I... I don't remember much... I remember the sound of the gun being fired and... then I was unconscious."

I said with my voice shaking. I looked up at Damon who was nervously watching me.
"And nothing more?" She asked sweetly.
I just shook my head no.
She nodded with agreement.

I looked up at Damon and he looked at me, kinda relieved?
The nurse and the doctor came in and checked a few things that had to do with me. They wrote some things on their papers and checked the heart rate monitor, still beeping steadily next to me.

The doctor shone some light in my eyes and then did a small 'hmmm' and wrote something on his paper.

Damon watched their every move.
Suddenly, the doctor held my arm and slid the needle out of it making me moan in pain and my eyes watery.

Damn, Natalie! You need to stop crying!
Damon frowned with anger and cleared his throat very loudly, making the doctor hurry up.

When the needle was out I gasped at the size of it and felt sick at the thought that it was inside me seconds ago. I swallowed hard.
Then, the doctor stood straight and looked at Damon.

"Miss Sene seems to be in a good condition but we'll keep her under observation for the next 24 hours." He said as Damon nodded in agreement.

"Miss Sene will likely suffer from trauma..." I heard the doctor say but his voice drifted off and I concentrated on the memories that came back.

**
You killed the only person I loved... THE ONLY PERSON THAT EVER MEANT SOMETHING TO ME! You... you... you killed her with cold blood.... Just like I'm about to kill you." Oliver spat as he rushed towards Damon and pointed the gun right at his heart making me grab the sheets around me in nervousness.
I wanted Damon to say something. To deny it, to say that it's a misunderstanding... but he didn't. He just stood there staring right into his eyes...
**

I snapped back to reality as the doors shut, making me jump.
I was alone with Damon and the nurse again.
"Come on, dear. I'll help you take a shower while Mr. Queen will order you some breakfast." She said, smiling.

"How old do you think I am? Six? I can shower on my own, thank you very much." I said dangerously and sarcastically.

Damn Natalie! What's with the mood swings?
"Natalie!" Damon said with his harsh voice as a warning not to talk like that. His harshness making me shiver.

I sat at the edge of the bed, my legs hanging down. I was wearing a hospital dress that ended mid thigh. Nothing else.

I sighed deeply and was getting ready to stand on my feet when Damon came and tried to grab my arm, but I flinched hard.

"I'm fine." I said, my voice shaking.
I looked at him and his face showed anger and rejection. Not a good sign.
"Mr. Queen... I think we'll be fine from here on." The nurse said carefully.

Damon sighed very loudly.
He turned to the nurse.
"Are you sur-"
"Yes." I answered, annoyed.

He looked at me, his expression unreadable.
Then, he walked out of the doors, taking one more look at me.

The nurse helped me to walk to the bathroom and she told me she'll let me shower alone if I don't lock the doors. I agreed.

"These are from Mr. Queen." She said as she placed neatly folded clothes, underwear and towels on a cupboard next to the shower.
I just nodded.

When I took off my horrible hospital dress, my shoulder ached so fucking much it made me silently groan in pain as I leaned onto the wall to steady myself.
After a while, I unclenched my teeth and took a deep breath.

After taking a hot shower, I looked at the clothes on the cupboard.
I put the soft jumper on and breathed the smell of it. It smelled like roses.
It was the most comfortable, oversized jumper I ever wore.

With that I put a pair of black leggings and a pair of comfy slippers. I was glad for those clothes since they were warm and comfortable, since I came out of bed I kept feeling cold.

I walked into the hospital cafeteria and noticed Damon straightaway. He was sitting at a table for two, talking on his phone and drinking coffee.

The last thing I wanted to do was to go to him, but it was too late when he found my eyes.
I stiffened and swallowed.

I walked up to him and he ended the call. He stood up and looked at me.
"Natalie, how are you feeling?" He asked, concerned.

"Fine." I answered, my voice still quiet.
"How is your shoulder?" He asked, clearly not satisfied with my answer.
It didn't hurt that much anymore and I was glad because it hurt a fucking lot.

"It's b-better.." I said, avoiding his eye contact.
I didn't notice when the waiter came and placed all the food on the table.

I looked at it and my mouth dropped.
I think Damon ordered everything off of the menu.
I bit my lip as I smelled all those delicious looking pancakes and croissants. Oh and those chocolate cookies!

"Come. Let's eat." He said as we placed his hand on my back making me feel uncomfortable.

Damon watched me as I stuffed myself with all the delicious food. When I finished he looked at me seriously.

"Something wrong?" I asked, uncomfortable by his stare.
"That's enough, Natalie. Cut the bullshit and be honest with me. I know what you must be thinking, but it's way more complicated than that. I never... meant to hurt anybody." He said trying to explain himself.

"W-what?" I asked confused, avoiding his eyes.
"How much do you really remember?" He asked suspiciously.

"Everything... I think."

"I guess we'll have to talk when he get back home." He said and I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean? I live with Lo-"
"Not anymore. Your things are already back in my penthouse." He stated calmly and my mouth dropped open.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 5.2K 58
Ashton Black, He's gorgeous,handsome,smart.Greek god is the name that suit him.He's powerful and talented.He earned the title 'the richest billionair...
46.8K 3K 175
****Story contains mature themes and adult content**** Book #1: Binding Agreement I could feel my breathing begin to get slightly heavier. "Mainly be...
1K 64 20
Yamina London and her daughter have fallen on hard times. This was nothing new right? Orion is a man with many secrets. After some freak accident he...
138K 3.7K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...