||Chapter 21||

"So he drove me to the most amazing beach I've ever seen. His timing was perfect because the sun was setting and the sky was breathtaking. And as we sat on the blankets, he put his arm around me and I was shocked because he never did such things. He held my hand and looked me deeply in the eyes. I was so nervous as he began to talk! I thought he was going to say something, you know... but he just leaned over and whispered...
'are you hungry?'"

Lola said with disappointment in her voice as she took a sip from her Starbucks coffee.
I swallowed a bite from my chocolate muffin and cleared my throat.

"I'm pretty sure he'll make a move soon. Don't worry about it. Haven't you considered making the first step?" I asked.

"I would but what if he doesn't feel the same? I'm gonna ruin our 4 years of friendship..."
She said cautiously.
"I bet he's scared too that you'll reject him. But trust me, the way he looks at you... I can tell he's in love." I answered positively.

"You really think so?" She asked hopefully.
I nodded with a smile.
"You really should talk to him." I added.
"I guess you're right." She said with a smile.
I looked at my watch and noticed how late it was.

"Oh crap! I have to go home. Damon wants me to be back before dinner. He said he has to talk to me about something." I said throwing away my empty coffee cup.

"It's okay. I should go too. Thank you for the talk, I really needed it." She said giving me a tight hug.

I entered the cab and noticed that the driver was about my age. And quite handsome. His face looked happy and friendly and his eyes were a very bright, baby blue color.
He smiled when we saw me.
"Where to, gorgeous?" He asked and I could tell I was blushing.

"Damon's Queen private penthouse. Not the smaller one, but the huge one on.... West Street." I said remembering the street name.
He looked at me with surprise and confusion.
"You work for him?" He asked curious as he started driving.

"Yeah, you can say that." I said shyly and he opened his mouth.
I only realized what I said. It's sounded like I'm his whore or something.

"Oh no, no, no! Not like that! I'm actually his PA." I said quickly.
He sighed.
"No way." He said in disbelief.
He looked at me through the mirror to see if I was joking.

"Why would such a gorgeous girl want to work for such a monster? I heard he's ruthless with his employees. " he said with concern.
"There are rumors about every rich person." I answered.

He just smiled and nodded.
"So are you and Damon Queen, you know, a thing?" He asked, his face unreadable.
Are we?
"No, of course not. He's just my boss." I said not sure of my words.
He smiled.

"I'm Cole, by the way."
"Nice to meet you Cole, I'm Natalie." I said confidently.
When we arrived he asked,
"I don't want to seem stupid to ask, but... can I have your number?"

I wasn't sure if I should give it to him.
"Um... yeah sure, I guess." I answered.
I wrote my number on a small piece of paper and gave it to him.
He whispered a small "thanks," and winked.
I gave him a smile and walked inside the penthouse.

Is Damon and I a thing? No, but there were moments between us... or is it just in my head? Is he interested in me that way? Am I interested in him? Maybe. I don't know.

He's my boss he shouldn't be anything else to me.
And I bet he still sleeps around.
No, I don't think he's interested in me that way...is he?

I snapped out of my thoughts as the elevator opened.
I looked around and couldn't believe my eyes.
"Come on, baby, let's get a room downstairs." I heard a slutty voice saying as she moaned in delight when Damon kissed her neck on the couch.

It looked very passionate, and disgusting.
I could feel my blood boiling.
I stepped out of the elevator stepping my feet loudly but they didn't seem to notice me.

I grabbed an empty glass near me and threw it at the wall.
Their eyes snapped at me and Damon's mouth dropped open.
"Jess, you are dismissed." Damon said as he straightened his shirt.
That ugly whore just nodded and walked beside me, giving me an evil smirk.
I mouthed 'whore' to her as she walked by and she mouthed 'his whore' and that made me even more angry.

When she was gone my eyes went back to Damon who was still straightening his clothes and brushing his hair with his hand.
"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" I shouted at him.

His eyes met mine and he looked at me coldly.
He opened his mouth but I interrupted him before he could say anything.

"No, don't. I don't want to listen to you. How could you? You know I live here too, right?!" I was furious.

He tried to say something again but I interrupted him, again.
"First, you left me at that goddamn party for 2 hours. 2. Goddamn. Hours! Why did you bring me if you planned on leaving me at he first sight of someone else?!" I slowly walked towards him as my arms flew around with anger. "Then, you act all I-am-so-tough in front of that douchebag Nackelmore as if you cared what was happening to me! And now you were making out with that slut on the couch I will never sit on anymore because I'll want to puke at the sight of it! What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

I was now nearly in front of him and he just stood there calmly with his back straightened and his hands behind it. He was watching me coldly, his face unreadable.

When I finished he opened his mouth and I dared not to interrupt him for the third time.
"What is wrong with me?" He asked angrily.
"The question is what is wrong with you! What did you expect? That since you've moved in here I'll never make out with my girls anymore? That I'll let you disrespect me? Well, you're wrong. You can't change me.
Wanna know why I brought you to that ball? Because you looked pretty and many rich man would envy me. And that's what you and all the other women are to me. A pretty, sexual pleasure for men. Wanna know why I acted all tough in front of Nackelmore? Because if you went out of those doors you would have never came back. If he sees anything I care about he takes his chances to destroy and kill it immediately. But he was wrong about you, because I do not care about you and never will! For me you could be one of those girl I spent a night with and throw out in the morning! I don't give a shit about you, Natalie. Now rise your voice at me again and we'll talk in a different manner."

His words hurt and I was somewhere in between bursting into tears or throwing punches at his face.
"You selfish, sadistic, arrogant son of a bitch! I hate you." I said with my voice low but full of rage and anger.

"No, you don't." He said, his voice also low.
"I do. I hate you." I repeated.
He just shook his head and before I knew it, I was pinned to the wall, his body firmly on mine and his hands pinning my wrists.
I could smell his minty breath and I felt disgusted knowing her lips were against his.
"Show me how much you hate me." He whispered and suddenly his lips were on mine. He started kissing me and I stood there, shocked.

I quickly freed my hands and pushed him away as hard as I could. Then I slapped him. Then I started hitting his chest. "I hate you I hate you I hate you!" I shouted and my eyes were watery.

He somehow gently pushed me into an armchair. I gasped but realized I wasn't falling onto the floor. It didn't stop my anger there, though. "You're fucking delusional, Damon! First you act like you care, then you treat me like I'm some kind of a toy you play with when you're bored, but guess what? That time is over-" I was now standing in front of him on my tiptoes, trying to look straight in his eyes.

"-I'm not afraid of you and I have enough of your stupid mood swings. I am a person who deserves some minimum respect! You don't get to treat me like some cheap whore!" I finally exhaled a deep breath and somehow didn't want to know what he'll say.

It hurt me, deeply, knowing he doesn't give a fuck because sometimes, I really do think he does care, but then he does something like- leaving me-hooking up with a slut-offending me- that I think he was only doing it to hurt me. A stupid, hot, sadistic control-freak.

"Fine." he simply said and took out his purse. He took out some money and literally threw it in my face and walked away. "What is this?" I asked loudly, confused.

"You said you don't wanna be treated like a cheap whore; that isn't cheap."

***************

Someone's horny? Damon, take a chill pill.