Survive: Book 1

By Hell_Froze_Over2000

Cadi Lake is 16, and she has devoted from when she was 13 to training for the military. When she gets there... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22

Chapter 21

3 0 0
By Hell_Froze_Over2000

Cadi's POV

It had been 1 week. We were changing camps again. I was told just for good luck not to get shot again. I wasn't even taking the proper time to heal. I couldn't. I just didn't have the time.

I lean on Vi in the truck, and he wraps his arm around my shoulder. He had been seriously over protective forever now. It had been just about  4 months since the first time, the coma, and everything. It was beginning to be kinda weird how often he was right there when I needed it. I was happy, but it was still weird seeing he was there too, and he was always the one that could help.

I fell asleep, and everything seemed different.

"Cadi, babe. What are you doing..?"

I look down at my hands, and see blood dripping from my wrist. Wait, babe?

I look up and see Vi. He has a worried look on his face. I try to hide them, not wanting to show him. Why the hell was I hiding? Why was he calling me babe?

"Why did you do that?!" he growls.

I look into his eyes, noticing how stern his expression is. Shit, why was I doing that? I couldn't even answer that for myself.

I looked around, realising the queen size bed, with 4 pillows, 2 bedside tables made of properly stained wood, and then the carpeted floors. I noticed a few clothes scattered around, a guys, and then there was the stuff I would wear.

Vi is right in front of me, and yanks on my arm, pulling it so he could see. I look up at him in shock. How did he get there so fast?

"Cadi, answer the question. Why did you do that?"

"I-I don't know..." I answer truthfully.

He goes into the bathroom, dragging me behind him. I was numb. I don't cut. I used to, but I would NEVER go back to that. It wasn't efficient at all.

He goes into one of the drawers, pulling out an anti-septic wipe, and wipes it clean. Then his phone rings. He pulls it out, and answers it. 

I hear snips of the conversation, and then Vi says "we need to go back to camp" and the whole scene changes.

We are in a battle field, being shot at. I see a bullet go past me, and then it hits something. I turn to see Vi. A hole in his head .

I scream, and I wake up.

Vi looks at me with a worried look. I knew what he was gonna say, so I just shook my head, and he caught the hint. I was so happy he was my partner that time.

He gives my shoulder a gentle squeeze, and I sit up.

He kisses the top of my head. I don't know why, but it kinda made sense, but when he tried placing his hand on my thigh I took it and twisted. "No."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 94 11
Rose is an 18 year old girl who is just finishing high school. Barely passing her classes, she didn't get accepted into college. She has been abused...
Freerunner By Orenouta

Science Fiction

1.6K 90 28
World War III has erupted. Our 16 year old rebel Rose has spent her whole life living on an army base. She wants out, so when four boys from an enemy...
Survive 2 By

Romance

41 0 51
Madison has already understood that growing up is not easy. Now she will have to face her problems, with the help of the people she loves, and try to...
218 0 23
She was a shy naive girl when everyone first met her or so they thought. After that first day of school they start to notice that she's different the...