Since Way Back ↷ Jeff Atkins

By BeautyAndMarie_

❝I wasn't put on this planet for no one to like me, let alone fall in love with me.❞ Since Way Back [ Publi... More

EXTENDED SUMMARY + DISCLAIMER
CAST
PLAYLIST
↷ ONE
↷ THREE
↷ FOUR
↷ FIVE
↷ SIX
↷ SEVEN
↷ EIGHT
↷ NINE
↷ TEN
↷ ELEVEN
↷ TWELVE
↷ THIRTEEN
↷ FOURTEEN
↷ FIFTEEN
↷ SIXTEEN
↷ SEVENTEEN
↷ EIGHTEEN
↷ NINETEEN
↷ TWENTY
↷ TWENTY ONE
↷ TWENTY TWO
↷ TWENTY THREE
↷ TWENTY FOUR
↷ TWENTY FIVE
↷ TWENTY SIX
↷ TWENTY SEVEN
↷ TWENTY EIGHT
↷ TWENTY NINE
↷ THIRTY
↷ THIRTY ONE
↷ THIRTY TWO
↷ THIRTY THREE
↷ THIRTY FOUR
↷ THIRTY FIVE
↷ THIRTY SIX
↷ THIRTY SEVEN
↷ THIRTY EIGHT
↷ THIRTY NINE
↷ FORTY
↷ FORTY ONE
↷ FORTY TWO
↷ FORTY THREE
↷ FORTY FOUR
↷ FORTY FIVE
↷ FORTY SIX
↷ FORTY SEVEN
↷ FORTY EIGHT
↷ FORTY NINE
↷ FIFTY
↷ FIFTY ONE
↷ FIFTY TWO
↷ FIFTY THREE
↷ FIFTY FOUR
↷ FIFTY FIVE
↷ FIFTY SIX
↷ FIFTY SEVEN
↷ FIFTY EIGHT
↷ FIFTY NINE
↷ SIXTY
↷ SIXTY ONE
BONUS SOUNDTRACK
THE END + MAYBE MORE

↷ TWO

13.8K 393 222
By BeautyAndMarie_

''You came!''

Her lips twitched into a faint smile. The wind blew, the cold degree caused goosebumps to arise on the expose skin of her arms.

She crosses her arms across her chest and rubs her hands up and down her arms.

''It's a Friday,'' She shrugs her shoulders. ''Why not?''

Her gaze was focus on the field.

The game already started, that was for sure. Her brown eyes that narrowed to slits scanned the players that all looked the same in matching uniforms, at attempt to find the one reason she came out tonight.

''Are you gonna stand there all night?'' Courtney exclaims, a smile wide on her lips as she looks up at her.

She scoots over and pats the available seat next to her, her friends eyeing her intensely.

''Come sit.''

Devin doesn't oblige. Instead, she take what she was offered and remains her gaze out on the field.

She had no interest of communicating much with Coutney when her friends were around.

Whatever Courtney felt, her emotions were mimicked, as if they were minions.

''I'm glad you changed your mind,'' Courntey starts up the conversation with her usual perky and generous appeal. ''The team wanted a lot of school spirit for the first game.''

''Key word; a lot,'' She prompts, her eyes averting from the game towards everyone taking up seats on the bleachers.

''There he is,'' One of her friends squeal, alarming them all to squeal.

Folding her hands into her lap, Devin peers over at the group that broke out into a total fan girl moment.

''Who?'' She asked.

''Number Twelve.''

Her gaze darted for the field once again, Her gaze landed on the big blue print on the runner up batter. On the back of his uniformed that outlined his broad shoulders as he came running up to first base. He does the usual, almost typical baseball move when hitting his wooden bat against the base twice before lifting the wooden structure up and around his shoulders, his body leaning back.

The pitcher threw his arm back and in just a blink of an eye, the ball was soaring.

''Come on, Number Twelve.''

''He's gonna make it,'' Courtney counters, a whine appearing in her tone while her lips twitched into a sneer.

''He hasn't made it from the first two rounds.''

Their conversation was cut short when the crowd let out an unpleasing, ''Awe.''

''What happened?'' Devin looks around.

Courtney waves her off with a small subtle shake of her head. ''He missed.''

''He's usually the best of the best.''

Tired of the whining, tired of the negativity, Devin takes a stand and cheers on, ''Woo! Let's go, Number Twelve!''

Courtney looks up at her and giggles, ''What are you doing?''

She drops her arms to the side breathes out, ''School spirit, right?'' She turns back towards the field where Number Twelve; Jeff Atkins turned towards the crowd with a smile smile, scanning for a face to match the cheer.

She surrounds her mouth her hands and shouts, ''Come on, Twelve! You're so swell! Hit that ball and make them fall!''

The audience applaud her with cheers of encouragement, whistles and laughter.

''Get it, girl!''

''There's no cheerleaders in baseball,'' One of Courtney's friends pointed out matter of factly.

Courtney shrugs her shoulders. ''Now there is.'' She takes a stand repeats, ''Come on, Twelve! You're so swell! Hit that ball and make them fall!''

Courtney and Devin look at each other with matching smirks before shouting out, ''Come on, Twelve! You're so swell! Hit that ball and make them fall!''

Right after the two cheered together, another person joined in, along with another, and before they knew it, the entire crowd was chanting the same cheer Devin Greene had came up with at last second.

During the chat, Devin's voice lowered immensely into a whisper as she watched Number Twelve return in position. When the pitcher threw the ball, you could hear the ball smack the wooden bat through the crowds cheer.

''Woo!'' She cheered along with everyone else.

He was fast. The opposing team didn't have enough time to catch no one from Liberty from reaching base after base.

The buzzer went off and Devin knew that Liberty High had won the first game of the season.

× × ×

‘’Bye guys,’’ Devin waves off towards Courtney and her group, the girls returning an even perkier goodbye.

Devin leans her back against the metal fence, waiting for Jeff to appear as anyone and everyone that attended tonight’s events were heading for their cars and making it their next stop at Bryce Walker’s place.

A pair of hands tapped her shoulders from behind with a sudden, ‘’Hi,’’ being heard.

She spins around, nearly jumping out of her own skin, but smiles when she greets an ear to ear grin worthy Jeff Atkins.

‘’Very funny,’’ She remarks.

He shrugs his shoulders, his grin never wearing off. ‘’It really was.’’

Rolling her eyes, she pulls out her set of keys. ‘’Are we going or not?’’

He bops his head. ‘’Yeah. I’ll meet you there.’’

× × ×

‘’So,’’ She breathes out while walking up to him. He held an arm open for her, which she gladly let wrap around her shoulders, allowing her to wrap an arm around his torso and to rest a free hand on his stomach.

They walked together in that position as she looks up at him, asking, ‘’What’s on tonight’s schedule?’’

He snorts. ‘’Well, first, Bryce thought it’d be fun to play musical chairs-’’

She slaps his stomach. ‘’You know what I mean.’’

With a grin, he shrugs his shoulders. ‘’Whatever you want, really.’’

‘’Beer?’’

He jerks back with wide eyes, stopping in his tracks. ''Devin Greene drinks?''

''No,'' She snorts. ''But it wouldn't hurt to try.''

He points a finger at her and grins. ''Adventerous, I like that.''

She giggles at him before returing into their position, making their way into crowded household.

The further they gotten into the place, the more loose their grip on each other became.

By the time they had reached the kitchen, Devin was walking in front of Jeff with his hand on the small of her back.

She reaches for a red solo cup on the countertop but he lightly smacks her hand away.

''Trust issues,'' He briefly answers when she looks at him with furrowed brows.

He goes for the fridge and pulls out a beer bottle.

''You're not gonna take one yourself?'' She asks as she takes the glass bottle from his grip.

He shakes his head.

Devin leaves the topic alone, feeling no need to pesk it any further.

''Now,'' He exclaims, clapping his hands together. ''The option is yours. We can dance,-''

''No.''

''-play truth or dare,-''

''So eighth grade,'' She waves off.

''-do beer pong,-''

A glint in her eyes ignite and a smirk grew from an end of her lips. ''That. That sounds fun.''

He mimics her smirk. ''Alright, follow me.''

He leads the way towards the backyard.

Once they're there, just a few feet away from the sliding doors for the back entrance, was a ping pong table set with multiple solo cups.

She was thankful when no one was in the middle of a game by the time they got there.

''You know what to do?'' He peers back at her as the two made their way to occupy both ends of the table.

''You wanna make a bet?'' She counters.

He responds by nothing but with a cocked brow.

''If you lose-''

''Uh huh,'' He egged on.

''-then you have to sit in a tub full of ice, wearing nothing but underwear.''

''And if you lose-''

''Uh huh,'' She repeats. Her head is tilted to the side as he continues.

''You have to say yes to whatever I say, for the next twenty four hours.''

She shrugs her shoulders. ''Deal.''

But guess who didn't have to sit in a tub full of ice for everyone's entertainment that night?

× × ×

Tagged; @dev.xo

92 likes, 9 comments

@jeffbank; home girl knows it was lit

@dev.xo; you don’t even follow me yet you have the audacity to post pics of me

@dev.xo; shaking.my.head

@jeffbank; i’m sharing memories. Problem?

@bigbry; looking good 😍😚 @dev.xo

@dev.xo; when do I never look good? @bigbry

@foley; that day in gym class @dev.xo

@jeffbank; 😭😭

@dev.xo; you threw that frisbee at me on purpose @foley

@jeffbank is now following @dev.xo

@dev.xo is now following @jeffbank

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 7.3K 29
Parvati is a simple girl, serving her time at the royal palace in Rajasthan as a personal maid of the crown prince. She has been working there for ye...
82.1K 2.7K 60
𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄: "𝘼𝙬, 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨, 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚, 𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡. 𝙉𝙤𝙬, 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙗𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨�...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
365K 9K 48
I CAME HERE TO MAKE ONE THING FUCKING CLEAR I'M A LITERAL LEGEND HEARTBREAK HIGH SEASON ONE FEM!OC X SPENCER WHITE