A Little Bit Of Red

By Reese_Kelly

Schuyler believes that she knows the world she is in, and she believes she is in control but when she learns... More

A Little Bit Of Red
Summary
Preface
Chapter One "Bleed"
Chapter Two "Sever"
Chapter Four "Answers-Part One"
Chapter Five "Answers Part-Two"
Chapter Six--Into Hiding
Chapter Seven--Transformation
Editing

Chapter Three "Questions"

5.2K 372 31
By Reese_Kelly

                 My feet crunched the snow as I ran through the woods. I knew where Christian parked, because he always parked in the same spot, it was getting to the car that was the issue. Someone was following me, I could feel them.

                The adrenaline from the fight was still pumping through my veins so instead of following orders as I should have, I stopped. I spun on my heel and turned to face my hunter. My hands were itching to have more blood on them, more blood from the wolves. I hated them, with a passion that would never relent and I would not halt killing them until they were extinct. My eyes scanned the area, but I saw nothing. The woods were absolutely mute.

                I sighed heavily and turned around, only to see a wall of flesh blocking my escape. I stepped back in shock. There was no way that someone had snuck up on me like that, it was inconceivable. But sure enough, a man stood in front of me. The man was shorter than the Alpha I had just murdered, but he looked more built than him.

                I jumped back, putting space in between him and I, knowing that he could attack at any moment.

                “Jumpy, aren’t we?” He smirked. He didn't seem to be tense or alert, simply curious.

                “What do you want?” I asked, not bothering with my innocent façade.

                “I saw the way you murdered my Alpha.”

                “And now you want revenge?” I assumed. My hands were moving slowly up to my knives. I shouldn’t have put them down at my side, my hands should be close to my weapons at all times.

                “No,” He chuckled. “I could care less for that worthless man. I was a new member of the pack, and I hated it. You really did me a favor.” He said, closing the distance between us in one long stride. I moved back, my heel hitting the trunk of a tree. How could I allow myself to be cornered like this?

                “Then why follow me?”

                “You intrigue me,” He said simply, has hand touching my cheek. I flinched back. I wanted to stab him for touching me, but I was just as curious as he was.

                “How so?”

                “A girl like you, so small, played the Alpha so well. You are lucky your colleagues stepped in, his pack would have killed you.”

                “Isn’t it men that always say, size doesn't matter?” I smirked. If he was going to play a game, I was going to play back.

                “Why do you smell so delicious?” He asked. I gritted my teeth. Straight to the point, completely ignoring my comment.

                “Why do you smell so bad?”

                “Don't play with me,” He growled.

                “Don't toy with me.” I stepped close, nearly stepping on his toes. He moved back slightly. “You may be a big bad wolf, but I am not a rabbit, shaking in fear. You do not frighten me. You can growl and bark all you want, but I will not cower.”

                “Good. A prey that is more difficult is more fun,” He said before he grabbed my neck roughly and forced my lips on his. My hand ripped my blade my its sheath and dug it into his shoulder. He flinched back from me, his eyes wide with shock.

                “What gives you the right? I am not some sleeping beauty, waiting to be awaken by my prince. I am wide awake, and ready to hunt,” I said, lunging at him but he jumped back. He was faster than the Alpha, which showed he was a lone wolf, used to relying on his instincts. I had to get away, my adrenaline was pumping too high now and my crash was going to make an appearance soon.

                An idea popped in my head, it would be tricky but it was the only way I could get away. I stepped back away from him, and just as I knew he would he moved forward.

                “Come and get me, puppy.” I smirked and he lunged. I dodged and spun around him, so that I was facing his back. I took both of my knives and dug them both into his shoulders, pinning him against the tree. I turned from him and took off.

                I reached the border between the world of the wolves and the world of the humans, and I stepped onto the cement. The trees vanished from my vision and I was safe, the wolves wouldn’t dare walk onto the streets. Not when this many humans were roaming the area. The streets were packed, meaning that there must be a festival of some sorts going on. I allowed them to brush against my, against my coat and against my skin, to dilute my scent.

                My eyes screened through the people, looking for the jet black van, but I couldn’t see it. Maybe Christian moved it, changed the position. I had to find him, I had to get out of sight before the strange wolf found me again. I had to ask Christian a lot of questions.

                I reached into my coat, to touch the hilt of my blades, just as a compulsion, only to realize that they were missing. I clenched my fists. My knives were gone. My fingers toyed with the sleeves on my jacket. My chest went tight and it felt like I was going to cry. I stilled. Cry? I haven't cried in years, why now? Over a pair of knives. I tightened my jaw and swallowed my feelings.

                I had to get out of sight.

                I began to push my way through the crowd. People yelled at me, a few called me names but it didn't matter. I didn't care what any of them thought. I slipped my way into the crowded clothing store. I filched a pair of dark jeans and a dark blue coat and then snuck into the bathroom. I quickly switched out my clothing for my new ones and then tossed my old ones out the window. I followed my steps back outside to the shop and then doused myself in perfume. I released my hair from its bun. I now didn’t look or smell like myself.

                I wanted to call Christian, but I knew that would be too dangerous. I decided rather than sit, waiting for with Christian or the wolf to find me, I would start the long trek home. The snow had stopped falling, which had a negative effect for me. I could no longer lose my footprints in the layers of snow, they now rested on top in plain sight.

                We lived far from the town, in a warm mansion surrounded by water. The water was there to hide our scent. You could never be too safe with the wolves.

                I left the town, along with the people in it, and returned to my state of isolation. I wanted to be hone, alone, sitting by the fire but instead I was freezing, wearing clothes that could not keep the cold out. It was the wolf’s fault, if he would have not interfered, I would have made it to the van.

                But I was curious, why had he not attacked me like the others? Why had he kissed me? And those within themselves raised other questions. Why was my family cursed, what was it about my blood that called to the wolves? I had never asked these questions, I simply accepted the curse and fought against it. And another question, one that bothered me. Why had I felt the effects of the Alpha’s power?

                The wind picked up, tossing my hair in the wind. I wasn’t far now, just a few more yards until the river and then a short walk to the mansion. When I reached the river, I noticed that it was completely frozen over. It was my only way across, since I didn’t follow the road. I stepped lightly on the ice, testing my weight. I listened, waiting for a crack to go through the ice, but I was only spoken to by silence. I applied more pressure, and still silence. I moved softly, slowly across the ice and preyed it held. I could see the rushing water beneath the small skin of ice.

                When I finally reached the other side and deep breath, that I hadn’t realized I was holding in, left me.

                I looked back at the solid surface, and began to think of ways to break it. There was a weak spot, near the bank that I was standing on. If I broke that, the high speed water would break the rest of the ice. I grabbed a large branch that had fallen and I swung it down on the thin ice, with all my strength. A snap went through the ice and it cracked open, releasing the current below. The ice was taken over by the rushing water and my scent was erased. I watched as the branch was swallowed by the water. That could have been me.

                I wiped the snow from my clothing and journeyed home. When I finally reached the mansion, and opened the door I was met by frigid air. My eyes widened. The boys should have been back, they should have lit the fire. Where were they?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.1K 2.6K 22
Red Riding Hood is a story everyone knows, but do you know this story? This isn’t the normal Little Red Riding Hood. This is Vanessa Fence. Vanessa i...
370 73 12
The woods are not a place for a girl like her. She knows. But it only makes her more curious. Curiosity killed the cat, she was warned. She did not g...
301K 14.8K 30
Sarah Aspen was 18 when her tribe, the Amara Tribe, was attacked by Werewolves. Her tribe was right outside of Austin, Texas... Right where the West...
209K 12.6K 32
*Now a featured Wattpad story! Zara was never meant to be an outcast. Once upon a time, she was a Red Cape- a member of the respected forest guard. T...