The Prince and the Princess

By rosieehill

Rosalia has been told all her life that she was to be married off to someone, but has tried to avoid it from... More

c.1
c.2
c.3
c.4
c.6
c.7

c.5

5 3 0
By rosieehill

Chapter 5

One everyone was in and situated, the car started up. I was sitting in the second row with Spencer on my right. Adelaide and Dom occupied the third row of the car.

"So where exactly are we heading to?" Adelaide spoke up.

Turning around to speak to her I said,"Oh, we're going to the place I've been staying at for the past 3 years. It has enough rooms for all of us, so hopefully you guys will like it!"

"How far is it? I have to use the bathroom!" Dom whined out.

"Dom, you literally could have gone like a minute ago, you know?" Spencer groaned out.

"I'm sorry! I just have to go now!" He said.

"We're about 15 to 30 minutes away, depending on traffic. Sorry buddy." I said sympathetically, knowing how it feels.

Knowing that he wasn't going to be going to the bathroom any time soon, he groaned before going back to his phone.

"Well, I'm just gonna catch a quick cat nap!" Adelaide exclaimed, before putting in her earbuds and making herself comfortable.

Turning back around, I looked out the window and saw that we were getting into the freeway. Seeing as there wasn't too much traffic, it should take 20 minutes at the least.

"So are you excited that you're going to be spending your summer here?" Spencer spoke out, startling me slightly.

"Oh yeah! I love it here! But all of my friends are out on vacation, so it would've been lonely if you guys didn't come."

"Oh that stinks. But I think time will pass by quickly. Before you know it we'll be... um married." He spoke, whispering the last part.

Sighing, I combed through my hair with my hands, before looking out the window.

After some time had passed, I finally saw the house approaching, bringing a smile to my face.

"Guys we're here!" I said to them. Dom and Adelaide had both taken a nap, but had woken up not to long ago. Spencer had been on his phone the whole time.

"For real! Yay" Adelaide squealed. Once we reached the house, the driver parked in front of it, before stepping out to open the door for us.

"Thank you." I said before I stepped out. Once everyone stepped out and had their bags, the driver left. Leaving just us and the guards.

"Well, welcome to the place you'll be staying at for over a month!" I said to them before gesturing them to go in. We all walked in, and they placed their things by the door.

"Want me to give you a tour?" I asked.

"Yes! This place is huge! I can't believe you stayed here by yourself." Adelaide said.

"Well technically not by myself. Some of my guards stayed here. And my cook." I said, before giving them a tour. Once that was done, I brought them to the kitchen to have a drink, where I found Aubrey already preparing something.

"Aubrey!" I exclaimed, surprised to see her here.

"Miss. Love! It is a pleasure to see you back. And so soon. I thought I finally got rid of you!" She said with a laugh.

"Oh shush!" I said with a smile, before moving back to introduce the people beside me.

"Aubrey, this is Spencer, Adelaide, and Dom. They'll be staying here for a while." I said to her pointing to each while I said their name.

Curtsying, she murmured a quick hello, before bowing her head down in respect, to royalty I'm guessing.

"Hi! We're so glad we're staying here! It's a beautiful place! And the water is right there!" Adelaide was saying to Aubrey, before she squealed and ran to the balcony over top the water.

Laughing at her reaction, I turned away from Aubrey, and back to them.

"So should I show you guys your rooms?" I asked.

"Yes!" I heard Dom say, coming back from the bathroom.

Laughing, I grabbed his hand before gesturing for them to follow me.

"Alright so this room is Dom's." I said pointing to the one closest to the stairway.

"Across from that is Adelaide, next to hers is Spencer's, and than mine is next to Spencer's. Across from both of mine and Spencer's is a library." I said, but I didn't explain the one across from me.

"Perfect! Thanks Rosalia!" Adelaide said before running down to get her bag, Dom in tow.

"What's in that room?" Spencer asked pointing to the one across from me.

Not knowing what to say I just said, "Oh it's just an extra room I use to store my things."

Nodding, Spencer headed down as well, so I headed to my room.

Once I closed it I sighed, before heading to my own bed.  Home Sweet Home.

Adelaide, Dom, and Spencer will probably spend some time getting settled in, so I started unpacking the little stuff I brought. I decided to change from my plane outfit, and since we were only at home. Changing into some ripped denim shorts, and a yellow halter top, I traded in my shoes for some slippers. I decided to head downstairs to see what Aubrey was doing, and wait for the others to come down.

Walking downstairs, I saw Aubrey in the kitchen cooking something, so I sat on one of the barstools.

"Hello Miss. Love." She said, sending me a quick smile.

"Hey Aubrey." I said back, grabbing on of the muffins set out.

"It's good to have you back! Even though it's only been a day, it's been so quiet!" Aubrey exclaimed with a giggle.

Laughing I said,"Well we're going to be here for a little over a month, before I have to go back to get-"

"Married." Aubrey said looking at me.

"Uh yeah." I said awkwardly, picking at my muffin.

"Well." She prodded, looking at me.

"What?"

"Well what do you think about your fiancé?" She asked with a laugh.

"Oh I don't know. We haven't really talked a lot alone. It's mostly his sister who talks, but she's very sweet. As well as his little brother." I said.

"Hmph. Not the answer I was expecting, but before you leave I'm expecting a different answer when I ask you again!" She said before turning around to cook again. Sitting there for a few minutes, I decided to get up to go for a walk.

Heading upstairs, I quickly changed into some workout clothe, put my hair up, and was about to head out the door before I heard someone behind me.

Quickly turning around, I saw that it was just Spencer.

"Oh. Hey! I said with a smile.

"Hey. Where are you off to?" He asked.

"Oh, I was just about to go on a walk... want to join?" I asked hesitantly.

"Oh, yeah sure! Let me change quickly!" He said before rushing upstairs.

Smiling, I stood there before a few minutes, before I heard him coming back down. Glancing at him, I saw that he changed into a pair of shorts, and a loose tee shirt. Smiling, we walked outside, before I guided him in the path that I usually take. Obviously with guards behind us from a distance. After a few moments of silence, I spoke up.

"So I hope you guys liked your rooms!" I said.

"Oh yeah definitely. Thanks for letting us stay here. I don't know where else we would've gone." He said.

"It's no problem really. That house is way to big for just one person." I said before taking a turn, which lead to the beach.

"Oh woah!" He said looking around, surprised about how quickly we got here.

"I know right. I was surprised too when I saw how quick it took." I said, before we started walking down the beach.

"So tell me about yourself." He said after a moment, turning to look at me while we were walking. 

"Hmm, what's there to tell? I'm your ordinary girl, just with a little bit of a different background." I said with a laugh, before kicking the sand.

"Oh I know that! But what about what you actually like to do, your favorite color." He said with a smile.

"My favorite color is probably pink. But I'm not like super duper girly, I just love the color pink. Um I love to dance. I've been doing it since I was 3, but it's not my main priority. Obviously being queen is. My favorite type of food is Italian, I love ice cream, and I used to have a corgi named Snoods." I said to him.

"Snoods?" He laughed out.

"Hey I was 4! That's the best name I could think of!" I laughed out.

"Now it's your turn!" I said, before I gestured for us to sit down.

"Well my life isn't as interesting as yours. I didn't get to do that whole 'going to a public school' thing, so since day one it's always been about being king. My favorite color is blue, I like to swim and play football, I love Italian food also, and I used to have a goldfish named Rammy." He said, laughing at the last part.

"Wow, we suck at names." I laughed, sitting down next to him.

"We were are going to have to have an heir, so that has to be one name we won't mess up!" He said laughing a little, and me too. Now thinking about it, I totally didn't think about how I had to have a child. Of course I needed to have a child dummy! I'm going to be queen! Who's going to rule after us.

"That's kinda weird to think about. That we will have to have a child in the near future, and we legit just met yesterday." I said to which he sighed.

"Yeah and we are going to be married in a month." He said.

"Hey! I'm not that bad!" I giggled.

"Yeah, I know." He smirked.

"Hey you know what I just thought?" I said to him after a moment.

"Hmm?"

"Where will we be staying, once we are married?" I asked him. Turning to look at me, it looked like he never thought about that either.

"Hmm. I think they'll let us chose. But they'll probably want us to chose England or Washington. I guess we'll see when the time comes." I shrugged, before he laid down on the sand. Deciding to do the same, I carefully laid down next to him, not wanting to mess up my hair.

"Tell me something that no one else knows." He said turning to look at me.

"Something no one knows?" I said, to which he nodded to.

"Well in sophomore year, my parents forgot it was my birthday, until I called them a week later." I said with a slightly bitter smile as I was still sad about that. 

"For real?" He exclaimed, to which I nodded to.

"Wow. Well they might've just been busy?" He questioned.

"Yeah that's what I thought, the day of my birthday. So I waited for them to call or something. And when I called a week later, I found out they went on vacation, and totally forgot about me." I said.

"So what did you end up doing?" He asked.

"Well since I can't tell anyone when my birthday is because my parents said I'm not allowed to, I just sat in my room and watched Netflix. Aubrey made me a cake, and that was about it." I said.

"Wow that sucks. Your parents.... just wow." He said shaking his head.

"It's whatever. They had other things on their mind. Anyways what about you?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Hmm. Probably that every other weekend I go out and interact with my people." He said.

"Wait seriously!" I said looking at him. Everyone, and I mean anyone would never let me go outside of the castle alone.

"Yeah, I just don't tell anyone. And no one knows it's me. But I always bring a guard. The same guard of course." He said.

"Oh okay. That's good! I've never snuck out of the castle before." I said before I spoke again.

"Wait actually I have. When I was 14 before I came here, I snuck out the day before I left." I said.

"So tell me more about you again. I want to know everything." Spencer said turning to look at me.

"Hmm?"

"Like from the beginning. I mean we'll have to get to know each other sometime, why not now?" He said.

-----

Hope you guys liked the chapter! New update coming soon!!! xxR

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 10.1K 31
Rosalind was not your regular lady. She did not wish for marriage, or money, she only wished to be free to travel the world and live life to the ful...
880 5 38
Eighteen year old Californian Isabella Wilkinson is the average teenager who sneaks out at night, rebels against her parents, and does illegal things...
8.1K 403 41
Aaliyah had lived her whole life under the overbearing shadow of her fathers new wife and her filthy daughters. Aaliyah has no idea how her mother d...
765 38 22
*Mature content warning.* A mythical kingdom is ruled by a king, queen, and their son, the prince. The prince is engaged to a rich noble woman, the d...