Wake. UP. [Book Two]

By excuse_my_charisma

Mariah is the daughter of Lisa Lovely and Chresanto August. Because of the terrible relationship her parents... More

Wake. UP.
Nothing Wrong With Being Different...
The Final Straw
Mr. Perez
He Really Cares
Father Figure
Shadowing
Pinky Promise
Broken Promises And Tech Class
An Artist's Excuse
The Hangover Prt. 1
Binding, I Mean Bonding
Love Potion 24
The Hangover Prt. 2
Children Are Everything
First Class Trip To Hell
Mary Had A Little Lamb
Baby, I Want You
Birds & The Bees
Poolside Ambitions
I-I Did What!?
Playing With Fire
Forced Love Or No Love
Jealousy Looks Good On You
A Sick Game Called Confusion
What's Done In The Dark...
...Comes To The Light
Second Chance [The Truth]
Welcome Home, Mija
A Letter To My Unborn Daughter
Getting Back To Me
Epilogue
☯bonus☯
Last Dedications & Appreciations
Book Three!!

The Prince and The Pauper

1.1K 33 11
By excuse_my_charisma

*Same Day*

The drive to Mr. Perez's house was a long one. The sun was now set, so it was dark and the only lighting came from the street lights and the headlights. The radio played lowly, playing an older song I'm guessing was before my time. I looked Mr. Perez's way and saw him humming and nodding his head to the beat. His curls bounced against his black leather jacket, which was decorated with spikes on the shoulders. I returned my attention to the road, feeling lonely. I wish I had a friend to complain to, about how my grandparents just decided to drop a bomb on me, when what happened wasn't even my fault. I never intended for Clarence to drag me into the woods, and I never intended to get into that fight with that stupid girl, Maya. She made fun of my hair on Tuesday, so I punched her dead in her face.

That'll teach that heifer to talk about my curly hair. Fucking bitch...

"We're here."

I looked up, and saw we were in the city. That's where my school was, but my grandparents had us living in the outskirts of NY.

Anyway, the brownstone was huge. The outside was beautiful, embodied with shrubbery and tall trees. I wonder how the inside looks.

"I'll get your bags, then I can help you unpack."

He got out the car, and I followed. It was late and all that could be heard, were the honks and beeps of cars. It was busy in New York, on this cool early spring night.

"Coming?"

I took one last look at my new neighborhood, and inhaled. It's crazy how my life has started to change in only a matter of a few hours. When I walked in the door, my breath was taken away, literally. I was gasping for air, so I had to reach for my inhaler. I took a quick breath in, seeing I had only fifty clicks left, before I would need a refill.

The foyer was pleasantly decorated with earth tones. The dark ebony wood tables were strategically placed, with vases of different colored roses. There was a rug that ran from the front door, to the very back of the brownstone. There was a closet full of furs and different coats. Next to the foyer, led two different rooms; a living space and the kitchen, which were connected. But before getting to them, was a wide winding staircase.

"Welcome, to my humble aboad."

This, is humble?

"It looks clean now, because I...I got my maid to help clean up a bit. She left for home now, but she'll be by tomorrow. Her name's Marcelena, she's from Brasil. She can speak modest english."

He informed me, that he was only richer than I could ever imagine.

"I should probably show you where you'll be sleeping."

He brushed by me, heading up the steps. Part of me wanted to follow, the other part wanted to make a run for the door.

I don't like him.

Why? You haven't even given-

Don't ask why, just know that I will never like this man. No matter how much he tries to shower you with gifts. Just be careful with him, no one knows his true intentions.

I took heed to my friend's words and crept up the stairs. Mr. Perez's lean, healthy frame lead us down a long hallway, to a door. It was massive. He turned the knob, pushed open the door to a spacious room with a big bed and lightly colored walls. The curtains were striped, baby blue and brown. The carpet was shaggy blue and there were naked cream walls. It seemed more like a guest room, than a girl's room.

But it was still beautiful.

"So, do you like it? No one's ever used this room, you'll be the first. I-I spent a c-couple days decorating it myself, I really wanted you to like it."

He dropped my duffle bag on a lounge chair, that sat by the window. It had a perfect ledge, just for sitting and thinking. He continued to babble and started to unzip my bag. I rushed over and reached for the zipper...

"I-I-I ca-aann..."

Our hands touched, mine brushing against the small hairs on his knuckles. I quickly retracted my hand away, looking away from his face. He cleared his throat.

"Um......I guess, you'll wanna get situated yourself."

He scanned the room, running his fingers through his curls. Of course, his curls were more furious than mine.

"I'll be downstairs if you need me, okay?"

I didn't say anything. He noticed and walked out the room, leaving me to unpack.

I had already taken my shower and changed into my pajamas. They weren't anything too special, just an old t-shirt and basketball shorts. I didn't really bother much with my hair, only letting it do what it wanted. That usually meant it fell all down the sides of my face. I liked it that way.

My thoughts were interrupted, by the sound of my stomach's immaculate growl. I had managed to ignore it all day, but now it was ringing in my ears, mocking me.

I'm not eating.

I want to be beautiful.

And this is the only way I can be so.

"Mariah...?"

I turned my head back, seeing Mr. Perez in his pajama bottoms and a white shirt. His septum piercing was removed and his hair was pulled into a ponytail. There was a pair of black reading glasses resting on his nose. He was about to descend his stairs, but saw me come out my room and stopped. I rubbed my arm, nervously, trying to hide behind my hair.

"You okay?"

He slowly approached me, but I just backed away. I don't even know him, that well. Why is he all over me?

"I-I-I'm fiiii-ine....." I whispered. He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. I looked at the ground, during this awkward time. He wouldn't stop looking at me, his eyes scanning me.

"Did you....did you want to come downstairs with me? I was about to get some ice cream."

He turned towards the stairs, and I lifted my head. I would have opposed and just locked myself in my "room", but my stomach spoke otherwise. Mr. Perez looked down at me, and cracked a smile.

"Come on, you sound hungry. I'll make you whatever you want."

He made his way down his stairs, and I hesitated.

Maybe he's nice....

I wouldn't take my chances. I know how you feel about eating, so just stay in your room.

"Mariah...?"

I looked over the balcony and saw the man looking up at me. I sighed, knowing he probably would begin asking me questions, why I'm not eating. I guess it couldn't hurt to see what the food was like.

I traced a few meters after him, taking light glides into the kitchen, which was completely modern, like the rest of the house. Marble countertops, stainless steel appliances, the whole nine yards. This entire house seemed like something out of a magazine.

"Did you still want ice cream, or you want me to fix you something else?"

His voice trailed around the oversized kitchen, towards a double door refridgerator. His hands pulled open the doors, revealing cases, drawers and containers of different varieties of food and drink. That only made my stomach growl even more.

Mr. Perez's head swirled around to my boyish figure and I started itching. My skin does that whenever I feel nervous.

"...Maybe, we'll just have ice cream. Do you know what flavor you want?"

I didn't respond, not knowing how to approach the question. No one's ever asked me what I liked.

"Well, maybe we can just have my favorite. Cookies and cream."

Seconds later, he pulled out a tub full of ice cream, unopened. He sat it on the table, along with two spoons. I watched him open the tub and dig his spoon in, taking the first scoop.

"...Mhmm, Mariah you don't know what you're missing."

He went scoop after scoop, until I couldn't hold it anymore. Without thinking, I picked up the spoon and dipped it in the large tub. Willingly, I ate the spoonful and felt the Oreo cookie flavoring on my tongue. It was a cold shiver, that ran up my spine.

This was delicious.

I had began eating a little faster, completely forgetting my diet plan.

"Wow, you must really like it, huh?"

I stopped, after shoving a huge spoonful, once his words spilled from his lips. I felt embarrassed, for eating so much food in one sitting.

"You know, you can eat as much as you want. I promise I'll keep the house stocked."

I just gave a small nod, so he knew I understood him. We continued eating in silence for a while.

"So, you're fifteen, right?"

Isn't he supposed to know that?

To be polite, I nodded.

"And in high school. That's big. You like high school?"

No...I hate school. The kids there make fun of me and treat me like some sort of animal. I hate the teachers, they just ignore me. There's really no fun for me. I have no friends and I can't seem to grasp onto the concept of learning. Damn my disadvantages.

"N-n-noooo..." I mumbled. He stared at me, as I put my spoon down. The flashbacks of the past week came into play, on this Friday evening.

"Why don't you like school?"

I know he's only trying to start a conversation, but he doesn't have to pretend like he cares. We both know-the whole world knows-he's not sincere. I stood from the bar stool, holding back the cold tears.

"Exxx-cusse m-m-meeee....."

I ran out the kitchen, up the winding staircase and into my new bedroom. I went to close the door, and locked it. I didn't want any visitors. I crashed onto the bed, my face buried into the pillow. The horrid memories of what could've happened, brought heavy anxiety.

"Mariah? Are you alright, do you need anything?"

His soft knocks played at the door. I wiped my tears quickly. I didn't want him to know I cried my first night here, he'd probably tell all his friends about me. He'd probably turn me into the biggest laughing stock and his personal reality show everynight. He probably only allowed me to stay here, cause he needed some comic relief in his so-called busy life.

He's probably laughing at you right now.

"I-I j-just....I just wanted to check in on you. Y-you ran out the kitchen so fast, I-I thought you were sick."

You would think he was the one with a speech problem. Why is he so nervous, anyway?

"Mariah, can you please just come and open the door? As your new legal gaurdian, I need to know you're okay."

I looked towards the door. He had been jingling the handle for a long time. I wiped the stray tears and slowly approached the door. I unlocked the knob and opened it, revealing a worry filled man, taking a sigh of relief. His lips curled into a smile, but before he could open them to speak, I felt my stomach failing on me. I ran past the older man, towards the bathroom, just down the other side of the hall. I bent over the toilet and vomited.

You shouldn't have eaten.

My body was still, as I laid in my new bed. The sheets felt like heaven on my cold body. It was pitch black outside...

But this is New York.

Where are the street lights? Where is the beam of city lights piercing through my window? Why can't I hear the honks of cars?

It's so dark and lonely.

It was so quiet, I could hear the faint creak of the door openining. I squinted my eyes tightly, but never moved. After a while, something heavy pressed it self against the bed. I felt the dip, but I also felt something slip and brush by my arm. I still didn't move, now too afraid to.

Mariah....

The familiar voice called out my name. The darkness. It came and visited me almost every night. But this night was different; something felt different. There wasn't that one beam of light behind it and there wasn't any other sign of life besides me and the darkness. For the very first time, we were both alone.

Mariah.

I refused to open my eyes, knowing there really wasn't a point. It would still be dark. My legs began to feel restrained. I whimpered, feeling the coldness of the dark against my skin. I had nothing on but what I went to sleep in. The shorts barely covered past my knees. Something was holding me, or holding onto me. The darkness clutched my body and wouldn't let me go.

Mariah!

The piercing sting of tears hit the brims of my eyes, but I fought to keep them from falling. The dip on my bed went away, but only because the weight of the darkness overpowered me, pinning me to the bed. I tried to keep calm, tried to stay relaxed and not cause anymore trouble. I know what I did was displeasing to my dear friend. He hates it when I disobey him, so he punishes me. I didn't listen and now I was getting what I deserved.

You know I hate it when you don't listen to me, Mariah, Why do you continue to do shit your own way?!

Its hands clutched my arms, stabbing its fingernails into my skin. I bit my lip to keep from screaming out, in pain. The pain was unbearable, and I tried to stop it, but it just continued ripping my flesh, slowly. It was torturing me on purpose. By the time the flesh was gone, I couldn't hold it in anymore and I shrieked. I guess it didn't like that, because it started choking me, cutting off my air supply. My eyes did flash open, and I saw it. I saw the outline of the darkness. It was a man, muscular, very strong. I couldn't see his face, for he was hiding it in the dark. That was all I could see, though. But there was something familiar about him....

You belong to me, now. Nobody else.

I tried to pry his fingers from around my neck, tried to remove his body from around me. Nothing worked, my struggles only came off as motivation to choke me harder. My eyes started to roll to the back of my head, my hands sliding down my assailant's huge biceps. The world was slowing down.

Mariah....Mariah.....

"MARIAH!!"

Wow, what a dream....

Who do y'all think is the darkness?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 6.7K 24
Melanie Brown has never had a problem with getting the guys she wanted, even if they were taken. When Chresanto walks into her life, however, things...
69.9K 1.3K 46
SEQUEL TO LOVE MORE (mostly will be from hazel's point of view!!!) They are back! London and Chris have been married for 10 years now. Its been one h...
2.8K 45 11
𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒐 or should I say August, that name is respected and well known all around. Santo isn't your average drug dealer, he's more than tha...