Rose Thorne ✔︎

By marcie_lou

Rose's life has order. She knows what she needs to do to stay out of trouble with her always traveling, never... More

©
Cast List
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
Epilogue: A Glimpse Forward
⋄•Playlist•⋄

29

10.5K 415 170
By marcie_lou

Liam

The high pitched ring of FaceTime woke me up from sleep and I let out a pissed off groan.

Who the fuck?

Reaching for my phone on the nightstand I glared at the caller id.

Anger was instantly replaced with confusion as I stared at my phone.

Daisy would never.

So naturally, I answered.

After connecting, her face appeared on the screen and I gave her a smile.

"You FaceTime now?" I asked and she gave me a smile.

She had something in her mouth that made her mouth swollen and I frowned at her.

"Hi." She said with her mouth muffled.

"Wait a second, is today the day you got your wisdom teeth removed?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, I'm no longer smart. My wisdom is gone." She said and I laughed.

"Are you on drugs right now?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I think so. I feel fuzzy." She smiled before turning the phone from her and pointed it to the driver of the car.

"Say hi to Katelyn." She instructed.

"Hi Katelyn." I waved.

"Hi Liam." She smiled a knowing smile. Daisy turned the phone back around before smiling at me.

"Daisy, I am so glad you called." I grinned.

This is amazing.

"I'm glad I called too. I like talking to you." She confessed and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I like talking to you too." I smiled at her.

"Are you sure? Because, I'm not really good at holding up a conversation." She said and I nodded.

"That's not always true." I told her and she pouted.

Adorable doesn't even describe how she looked.

Even with a mouth full of gauze.

"Why so sad?" I asked biting back a smile.

"I have to stop talking to you." She sighed.

"Why?"

"Because my dad said so." She said with a sigh.

Confusion replaced my good mood and I frowned at Daisy.

Does she know? Did Mr. Thorne tell her why he's my lawyer?

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I told him that I had a crush on you and he really doesn't want that. So he said not to talk to you." She said and Katelyn let out a curse  while Daisy looked at me with wide eyes.

"I wasn't suppose to tell you that." She gasped and I grinned.

"Oh my shit, hang up the phone." Katelyn ordered and my smiled widened.

"You have a crush on me?" I asked and she blushed.

"Hang up the damn phone." Katelyn reached for the phone.

"No, I wasn't done!" Daisy shouted to the best of her abilities and I watched as they fumbled with the phone until the FaceTime ended.

Through that entire chaos, my smile didn't leave my face.

Placing my phone on my nightstand I kicked my covers off and stood up.

Daisy Thorne.

I've suspected for a while. This just confirms it.

It confirms that my feelings aren't one sided.

With a smile still on my face, I made my way to the bathroom.

After showering and brushing my teeth, I changed into a gray t-shirt,and a pair of shorts. Slipping on my black converse over socks, I made my way downstairs.

"Hi Abigail." I greeted the housekeeper who was putting away some dishes.

"Hey, kiddo." She smiled up at me before returning to her task at hand.

"Where's my girl?" I frowned but before she could even reply, a heavy set of four legged footsteps came towards us before Lucy came into view.

"Hi Lucy." I greeted and she got on her hind legs and placed her front legs on my shoulder before showering my face with sloppy kisses.

"That's disgusting." A voice said behind me and I turned to face my mom.

Lucy got down and let out a single bark before walking out of the room.

The two of them don't get along.

"Don't you have work today??" I frowned as she kissed the side of my head.

I walked to the fridge and grabbed the carton of milk and a bowl.

"I could make you some breakfast." Abigail offered and I looked at her with a small smile before grabbing the box of Coco Puffs on the island.

No doubt, mom left that there.

"Cereal's fine." I told her before taking a seat.

"I'm on Easter break." Mom grinned and I laughed at her.

"You run a private hospital, you're not suppose to get Easter breaks."

"I'm my own boss, I do what I want." She grinned before grabbing a bowl and joining me at the counter.

"I'm just kidding, I had no morning appointments so I'm going in at eleven." She explained and I nodded.

"Will you be home for dinner?" I asked and she nodded.

"If dinner is not at five."

"Dinner is never at five, mom. Not in this house."

"It's supposed to be."

"You're also supposed to be at work." I teased before putting a spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

But she jerked my elbow making me drop the spoon and the cereal all over my shirt.

"Mom!" I huffed and she and Abigail started laughing.

"I'm sorry." She laughed as I cleaned myself up.

It doesn't matter her age, mischief is in her blood.

"It's a surprise that you're up before noon." She stated and I nodded.

"I had a literal wake up call." I smiled remembering my FaceTime with Daisy.

"I don't know what that means." Mom frowned and I shook my head in dismissal.

"Do you know what kind of stuff a person would need after getting their wisdom teeth removed?" I asked and she gave me a frown.

"Dai-Rose got hers removed and I'm going to go visit her." I clarified.

A smile took over her face at Daisy's name and she nodded.

"Why do you call her Daisy?" She asked.

That's for me to know and for everyone else to question.

"Just cause." I shook my head. She doesn't need to know.

"Can you help?" I asked and she nodded.

"Just be careful, okay?" She said before placing a hand on my arm.

My smile dropped instantly and my mood turned sour.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up."  Mom apologized and my jaw shifted from left to right in anger.

Abigail took that as her cue to leave.

"It's just-"

"I know." I interrupted.

"Her father is my lawyer." I said and she nodded with a sad look.

"She's really sweet." She started.

"But so was Natalie." I finished.

"Mom, Daisy is nothing like Natalie." I told her.

I've never been more sure about anything in my life.

"I believe it." She nodded with a smile before standing up.

"Just be careful anyways?" She asked and I gave her a nod.

"Of course."

"And for her wisdom teeth; smoothies, ice cream, mashed potatoes, apple sauce. No solid foods, no hot food." She told me and I gave her a smile.

"Thanks mom."

She took her bowl to the sink before turning to face me.

"Please make sure you tell the staff about what you need for you party this Friday." She said and I nodded.

"I'll see you at dinner that is not at five." She said as she walked out of the room.

"Okay."

"I love you." She said without turning around.

"Love you too." I replied before finishing the rest of my cereal.

After a few hours of lounging around the house, I finally built up the courage to go visit Daisy.

After grabbing all of the things mom suggested and putting them in a basket, I grabbed my keys and made my way to my car.

Then a thought occurred to me.

I don't know her address.

"Way to be an idiot Liam." I said aloud.

Running my hands through my hair, I contemplated my options.

Not go or text Sam or Mia. They're bound to have Daisy's address, she's their best friend.

Sam will probably ask me a million questions, so I opted for Mia.

She's too damn smart for my liking.

Of course he is.

Letting out a sigh, I typed up a quick reply before starting the car.

She sent the address and I plugged it into my gps before pulling out of the parking garage.

[0]

My index finger pressed on the doorbell and I stepped back and waited.

After thirty seconds of no response, I pressed the bell again.

I was going to press for a third time when the door swung open and Katelyn Davis looked at me with wide eyes.

"Liam."

"Katelyn." I smiled and she blinked.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I came to see you of course." I smiled and she let out a laugh.

"Rose is going to kill me." She muttered with a smile on her face. "But come on in."

"Whatcha got there?" She asked pointing to the drink carrier in my hand. On it was two smoothies and a small pint of lemon sorbet.

"Fruit smoothies and lemon sorbet." I told her before handing her a cup.

"Mixed berries?" I questioned and she nodded.

She gave me a surprised smirk and nodded slowly. "Lemon sorbet, you listen."

Well, Daisy doesn't talk much but when she was tutoring me, I'd ask her questions to get to know her better.

So, I know that she doesn't like ice cream, but she has a soft spot for lemon sorbet.

"Rose is actually resting now but she probably wants to talk to you so I'll go wake her up."

"No, I can just leave this here for when she wakes up."

I might want to see her but I don't want to wake her up from sleep.

Katelyn rolled her eyes at me before pushing her hair out of her face.

"Just stay here." She said before taking the stairs by two.

I set the basket down before walking around to the fire place were some pictures were hanging.

After looking at a few of them, I frowned.

Something's not right.

There are only pictures of Daisy and her dad in the recent years. Nothing from her childhood.

Nothing with her mother.

Maybe they just do recent pictures and every few years they change them.

But it's still weird that there are no pictures of Mrs. Thorne.

Jo's face is plastered everywhere at home.

I picked up a frame with a picture of Daisy and a small smile placed itself on my face.

I wasn't even surprised that she had on a collard shirt and a blazer on.

Typical Daisy.

But her hair was pulled off in a soft bun and the hairstyle made her face seem much older.

She's beautiful.

Placing the picture back in top of the fireplace, I turned around to Daisy and Katelyn staring at me. Katelyn with a secretive grin and Daisy with a confused frown.

"Hi." I said pathetically.

"Hi." Daisy voiced quietly.

Her hair was a little disheveled from probably running her hands through it a lot and her cheeks were slightly swollen.

She still looked beautiful.

"Hi." I said again with a small smile.

Why is it that I can't find my words right now?

"Hi." She replied and the corner of her mouth twitched with a smile.

"I'm going to go into the kitchen and pretend I'm not listening to your conversation." Katelyn said before walking out of the room.

"No offense, but what are you doing here?" She asked before tucking her hair behind her ears and I pointed to the drink carrier.

"I brought you a smoothie." I told her and she frowned. "And sorbet, lemon to be exact." I handed her the pint cup and a spoon.

I sound lame even to my own ears.

"Thank you." She nodded and I nodded back.

"You're welcome."

She pulled her her bottom lip into her mouth before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I was under medicine that made me not think straight." She blurted and I frowned.

She walked over to the couch and took a seat and I followed suit.

"Katelyn told me to call you, and due to my drugged state, I was more compliant than usual." She ran her hands through her hair.

"I know." I nodded and she bit her lips again while her brows pulled into a frown while she looked down at her hands

She's nervous as hell.

"It's just-"

"I understand." I nodded. She snuck a peek at me through her lashes and I gave her a reassuring smile.

Her admitting her crush on me was strictly because she was medicated. Daisy wouldn't ever admit it. Nor could it possibly be true.

"I should go." I said after a few minutes of silence.

I stood up from the couch and she frowned up at me. I held my hand out and she placed her small ones in mine before I pulled her up to her feet.

"I'm sorry." She whispered without looking up at me.

I pulled her chin up and brought her blue eyes up to meet mine.

"For what?" I asked. Please say it's because you were lying and that what you said wasn't because you were under medication.

Her shoulders lifted up in a shrug and I nodded. "I should go."

"Thanks for the stuff." She said and I gave her a crooked smile.

"You're welcome." I told her. She wrapped an arm around me in a hug and I wrapped my arms around her and my nose tickled with the smell of her lavender scented hair.

She released her hand from mine before wrapping her other arm around me and squeezed tight.

Why the hell does it feel like I'm saying goodbye when in reality, I'm going to see her on Monday.

"Thanks for visiting." She whispered against my chest.

I untangled myself first from our hug and she looked up at me with a confused frown.

"I'll see you later." I whispered and she nodded.

"Bye." She whispered back and I nodded before stepping around her.

When I walked out of her house, a haunting thought appeared to me.

Daisy is like Natalie in one way; she's going to  hurt me.

But I won't need a lawyer like I did with Natalie.

Because breaking someone's heart isn't a fucking crime.

[0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0]

This was supposed to end on a happy note but Daisy took it a different way and I'm sorry but it's not my story, it's hers.

But besides that, did you like Liam's POV?

Now we know that Liam likes Daisy for sure (we all suspected it.). We also know that Mr Thorne is Liam's lawyer because of a Natalie.

Who is Natalie? Well you'll find out soon enough 😉.

Comment

Vote

Share

Coming up: Just Mr. Thorne being a 🍆.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 9.8K 51
[COMPLETED] #Ranks : #14 on 30/11/18 (category : Ex) #17 on 29/6/19 ( category : adultromance) #57 on 29/6/19 ( category: Suspense) Excerpt : "I can...
5.3M 194K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
178K 3.7K 10
Scarlett is a sweet girl but with both parents deceased and surrounded by a unfamiliar pack full of hate how is she gonna survive? Update:Nov 2022 Bo...
839 42 21
***I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 AND ITS REALLY TERRIBLE. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*** Rose Lewis is a normal girl brought up with an upper class family. Ro...