No Love For Valentine

By beautybreezy

There's no love for Valentine. For as long as she could remember, Valentine have never felt loved. Growing up... More

Chapter 1 : A fresh new start
Chapter 2 : There's Neighbors ?
Chapter 3 : Whose boy is that ?
Chapter 4 : The Get Back
Chapter 5 : Its just business
Chapter 6 : Its Just Business Pt2
Chapter 8 : Just Friends ?
Chapter 9 : Can't You See ?
Chapter 10 : Back to the money
Chapter 11 : Puppy Love
Chapter 12 : Reunion. No Family.
Chapter 13 : Home Sweet Home
Chapter 14 : She's Back
Chapter 15 : Not Mine
Chapter 16 : Are You The Enemy ?
Chapter 17 : Switching Sides
Chapter 18 : Back To The Old Me
Chapter 19 : Plan A
Chapter 20 : Failed
Chapter 21 : Try Again
Chapter 22 : Game On
Chapter 23 : Caught Up

Chapter 7 : All in the family

259 22 1
By beautybreezy

All in the family....

Opening up the door to a bunch of jolly faces, Valentine slightly raised a brow. "Hi. How may I help you?" She asked with the same confused face. There stood two older ladies with their children, but the kids weren't so young. They actually looked around to be Valentine's age. "Yes you can. We're your family, you are Valerie's granddaughter right?" The lady in front asked with a big smile on her face. Seeing these people made Valentine think back to the numbers her grandmother had left on the letter. "Auntie Donna?" She asked not feeling so sure. "Yes, yes that's me sweetie. Nice to meet you." Auntie Donna smiled and all Valentine could see was her mother all in Donna's face. "Awe guys come in." Valentine cooed before stepping aside and opening the door wider for them. She was mentally shouting how grateful she was that she had actually cleaned the house last night. Receiving thank you as everyone passed by, Valentine closed then locked the door. "Wow I can't believe you're actually here, but my sister did say she was going to find you... Even if she was on her last breath." Auntie Donna softly sighed before taking a seat on the couch. Valentine gave her a small smile before looking over at the other staring faces. "You guys could have seats as well. Would you like anything to drink?" Valentine asked and Auntie Minnie quickly declined. Just like Christine, she wasn't so fond of Valentine owning this house that her sister built. She actually didn't even want to show up, but this was the last promise she gave to her sister. To care and look after her grandchild. "No we're fine. We just want to get to know you. So how was the New York life? You do know your cousin Charisma wants to go there for New York." Auntie Donna smiled pointing at the girl as she carelessly scrolled through her phone. "Are you thinking about going to school?" Auntie Minnie asked with a smile on her face. From the moment Valentine had opened up the door, Auntie Minnie seen her niece Christine all up in her daughter. Trouble. "I'm not sure." Valentine said with a slight shrug. Growing up she was never asked what did she want to be later on in life. It was just go to school, come home from school, do homework, eat and go to the bed. That's all. So as soon as Valentine graduated, she felt as if she was done with school. "And why not?" Auntie Minnie asked she held the same smirk on her face. "I don't really have a interest in anything." Valentine shrugged but she was serious. Everyone in the room gave her a 'are you serious' look, but Valentine didn't care. Those looks were always thrown her way. "And why is that honey?" Auntie Donna asked with disappointment in her voice. Failure was never accepted in the Morrison's and that's why Christine was sent away in the first place. So hearing Valentine talk about not caring for school, it was like history repeating itself to Donna and her sister Minnie. "Its just the way I was raised." She shrugged again and no one could blame her for that. Its not like they even tried helping Valerie look for her grandchild anyways. She was put in the system and that was that. "So how do you plan living here after my sister money is all gone?" Auntie Minnie asked as she folded her arms and gave Valentine a slight disgusted look. She wasn't trying to hear that 'that's how I was raised' bullshit, there's so many successful foster children out here. "Well a job." Valentine said in a duh tone. She was slowly growing tired of Auntie Minnie's shit, she reminded her so much of that stuck up ass mother of hers.

Sitting around in the living room with her cousins, Valentine just sat quiet while they talked amongst each other. They acted as if she wasn't even there. "Valentine, is that right?" Charisma asked as she looked over at the semi pouting girl. "Yes." Valentine answered. She had already learned their names being that both aunts wouldn't stop calling them from out back. "How old are you?" Charisma asked as all eyes fell on Valentine. Even the boy gave her the same look. "Nineteen. And y'all?" She asked not feeling as bad as she felt. Valentine couldn't believe Auntie Minnie came up in her house and tried playing her. Like no she didn't have a plan, but she'll soon have one. What's the need to rush with all of this money surrounded by her ? "I'm twenty two, just turned in January." Charisma smiled making Valentine nod her head and pointed at the other girl that sat by her side. You could tell that he was a trans, but she was going to be respectful by calling him a female. "Me? I'm turning twenty one tonight and your bomb ass should most definitely step out with us tonight. I know you have that Morrison sauce." Honey smirked as she flipped her jet black bone straight twenty two inches of hair down her back. Honey wasn't her real name, but she wasn't about to look this good as a girl and go around with the name Jacob. "We could do that and I got me a little something. And you?" Valentine smiled before focusing​ her attention on the only boy that was here. He was twisting his hair as he stretched his legs out from being so tall. "Seventeen and don't call me a baby like the rest of these yellow ass niggas do." He said with a very deep spoken voice. Valentine giggled giving him a thumbs up. "How does Mel sounds?" She asked shortening his name, Melvin. Now he was the one giving her a thumbs up with a smile on his face. Saving the worst for the last, little miss I'm too good to conversate with my own cousin Leah. "And you?" Valentine asked making Leah look her way and point at herself. "I'm nineteen." She said making Valentine nod her head and went to change the subject, but Leah spoke up. "When is your birthday Valentine?" She asked catching by surprise. "February fourteenth. Yours?" Valentine asked as their mouths hung open. "Hell nah Chrissy was that smooth?! First of all she mixed your name with hers and her mother's then had you on Valentine's day?! Spicy!" Mel shouted making everyone in the living room laugh at him. Valentine never even thought about it that way, she just figured she was named after the holiday. So her mother must've did had some type of liking in Valentine at the time if she named her after herself and her mother. "So where's um.... I had forgotten his name, but there's another one of you guys right?" Valentine asked as she stumbled over Jeremiah's name. That was actually the first number her grandmother offered her to call. "Jeremiah, but we call him Miah. But he's at work, he's a basketball coach for the youth center." Charisma answered proudly. That was her favorite cousin being that they were born around the same time and everyone else was too small to play with when they were growing up. "Oh okay. So who's siblings here?" Valentine asked wanting to keep the conversation going. "Its Mel and I then Miah, Honey and Leah." Charisma answered easily making Valentine nod her head. Well that was quick.

"Just give me a call and I'll start getting ready." Valentine spoke to Honey as she gave Mel a side hug before he made his way out of the door. Was it sick that he found Valentine beautiful ? He was going to shake that feeling though. That's family. "You better pick up or I'm going to beat your ass child, I'm trying to see what this turn up is like and Jeremiah is going to be there too." Honey said making Valentine nod her head before waving bye towards Charisma and Leah. The only reason she had given Mel a hug because he held his arms opened to her. "I'm serious I haven't partied in forever, so you better call or I'm going to beat yours." Valentine said making Honey laugh before placing a kiss on her cheek. "Nice meeting you hun and I'll see you tonight." She laughed before heading back into this all white Range Rover. Facing Auntie Minnie and Auntie Donna, Valentine gave them small smiles. "Behave yourself okay? Nice meeting you." Auntie Minnie said before walking out of the house with her head high. And that's why Leah acted just like that. Like mother, like daughter. "See you soon baby! Be good and don't be afraid to call me for anything. I mean anything. Well except for bugs, I can't help you with those." Auntie Donna said before pulling Valentine into a hug as the two shared a laugh. "Okay and thanks for pulling this together, I didn't know how I was going to be able to pull this together." Valentine let out a soft sigh as Auntie Donna stared down at her with the biggest smile ever. She liked Valentine, no matter what her sister tried putting in her head. "You're welcome sweetie and remember what I said? Give me a call baby girl." Auntie Donna said before giving Valentine another warm hug. "Okay, I promise to call." Valentine cooed as they broke the hug. Auntie Donna walked over to the car and Valentine waved before stepping back inside and closing her house door. "Wow." She let out a loud huff before leaning against the door and closing her eyes. "Is the coast clear?" Sydney asked as she walked down the stairs making Valentine jump. She had forgotten that Sydney had slept over. "Oh shit, you scared me!" Valentine laughed as she held her hand over her beating chest. "Sorry boo, who was those people? You had me upstairs pacing back and forth and shit. Got me feeling like a side bitch." Sydney said before taking a seat on the couch and crossed one leg over the other. Valentine looked her way before laughing and shaking her head. "Those people are my cousins and aunts. Do you feel like partying with me tonight? Its one of their birthdays tonight." Valentine said as she began to play with her own hair. She already knew how she was going to do her hair, she just needed something to wear. "Let's get lit! I can't sulk forever right?" Sydney shrugged making Valentine remember the heart to heart they shared last night. It never had dawned on Valentine how Sydney was going through her own problems. But that's only because Sydney never held a frown on her face when she was around Valentine. But things were so different last night.

Dropping her towel, Valentine began to coat her body in some Nivea lotion as Drake's More Life album played through her house. Sliding on her panties and a bra, Valentine stood up and grabbed her black mesh shirt and black skinny jean then got dressed. Humming along with Drake's Blem, Valentine slid her feet into her Ricardo Tisci Nike Air Force one's sneakers. She made sure to fix her shirt over her pants before heading over to the mirror and began to work on the little make up she did wear and her hair. Valentine brushed her brows and eye lashes then put on some eye liner before coating her lips in some lip gloss. There wasn't no need to get all caked up when she planned to dance and get a little tipsy. Then with her hair, she made a side part before slightly bumping her hair and slicking her edges. Valentine was now ready to go, but she had to wait on Sydney to get here before calling up Honey. Checking the time, Sydney had a good hour before she ended up getting left behind. Filling up her purse with necessities, someone rang the doorbell. So after closing up her bag, Valentine made her way downstairs and headed over to the door. "Who?" She asked checking the peephole. There stood Sydney with Geo and Marcus. Valentine frowned but planned to say nothing. Opening the door Valentine grew a big smile on her face. She knew she couldn't stay mad at Sydney especially not the way she stepped out tonight. Clad in a black thin strap exposed mini top, black high waist baggy jeans and her black glass slipper shoes on her feet while her hair was in a low but long ponytail. She wore plenty of make up, but still looked good. "I hate you and you swear that you're slick!" Valentine laughed as she held the door opened for them to walk in. She let Marcus and Geo walk by before blocking off Sydney. "I'm going to kick your ass okay?" Valentine spoke through gritted teeth while Sydney laughed. "I'm sorry, but he misses you. Chachi turned out to be nothing he thought she would be." Sydney said making Valentine raise her brow as if she was saying so. "Oh so now that his little girlfriend isn't the girl of his dreams now he think its okay to come back to me? Nah I'm good. I'm finding me a man on that party bus tonight." Valentine scoffed not even realizing how much it sounded as if she was jealous over Marcus running to Chachi. But Sydney just sat back smirking. "But I thought that wasn't your man sis?" Sydney asked with a slight smile on her face. But on the inside she was doing backflips while chanting how she was right all along. "That's not but he dubbed me as if he was but come on inside, let me go call my cousin." Valentine said before stepping aside and letting Sydney inside of the house. Walking into the living room the boys were talking about something, but stopped once they spotted the girls. "Let me go grab my phone." Valentine said before heading upstairs. Teenage Fever was now playing as Valentine made her way into her room. She paused the music before using the number Honey had given her to call.

"Yessss you're coming!!" Honey cheered making Valentine laugh at her.

"Told you so, but we're ready and I have two more people coming. Is that okay?" Valentine asked.

"Girl the more the merrier! Be out in ten minutes!" Honey cheered before ending the call.

Grinding up against Sydney as she sat on her lap, Valentine was most definitely enjoying herself. The vibes were way better than before and the drinks had her feeling even better. The bus was full of fun and beautiful people making everyone enjoy themselves as well. "I think you know where my mind is!" Sydney and Valentine shouted along with Jaquees as Make up played throughout the bus. They continued to dance with each other until Leah walked over to them and sat on Valentine and began to dance as well. Earlier when she was introduced to Valentine, she could've sworn that she was this mean bitch. But Valentine was the total opposite unless she needed to bring the bitch out of her. "Aye!" Sydney cheered wrapping her arms around both Valentine and Leah's waist as they continued to dance on her. "Geo get like me okay?!" Sydney teased making him chuckle and give her a thumbs up and started to record her. With the bus stopping, everyone's attention turned to the door entrance as they waited for whoever to get on the bus. "Aye!! My brother in this bitch!!" Honey shouted as she swung on the pole. She's been drunk before the party had even started. So everybody just laughed and turned their attention back onto Jeremiah and his friends. Gasping a little too loud, both Leah and Sydney looked Valentine's way. "What's wrong?" Leah asked as she pushed her blonde hair behind her ear. "I know that boy." Valentine smirked as she eyed Jhakim. It's like they spotted each other at the same time because he was giving her the same look. Thinking on how small this world is, he was also glad that he had ran into her again. "Who's that?" Sydney asked as Leah got up and found herself a seat right next to them and Valentine do the same. "Some boy I met at the mall. Cute right?" She smirked making Leah giggle and shake her head. "Jhakim swears that he's cute with his annoying ass, pay me no mind though. That's like family to me." She said making the girls nod their heads and look Jhakim's way again. Dressed in his red and white Summertime Shootout 1 & 2 split long sleeve, white ripped jeans and his Thirteen's on his feet. His neck and wrist was decorated in some gold jewelry while his ears held some diamonds in it. Eying him as he excused himself from his friends, Valentine stared as he began to walk in their direction. "Bitch he's coming over here!" Sydney shouted in a whisper making Valentine and Leah laugh at her. "Well let me get out of here so I won't cock block anything, come on pretty girl." Leah said holding her hand out to Sydney. "Do I have to?" She asked making the girls laugh at her. Leah nodded her head making Sydney stand up and take her hand. "Bitch you better tell me every detail! Leave nothing out or you're dead!" Sydney said before being pulled away. Valentine laughed before shaking her head. "I thought I would never see a pretty face like yours again. What's up?" Jhakim smiled making Valentine smile and stand up. "Hey Jhakim." She cooed before they gave each other a hug. "How do you know my family?" She asked as they took a seat and he slightly leaned up against her. "Nah how do you know my family? Where have they been hiding a pretty face like yours?" Jhakim asked making Valentine giggle and wave him off. She was catching everything he was throwing at her being that she was so not in game mode. "I used to live in New York." She answered before Honey and Charisma walked over with Jeremiah. "Back off my baby cousin Kim, your ass ain't slick." Honey teased making Jhakim chuckle but said nothing. "Who's cousin is that?" Jeremiah asked as he eyed Valentine. She was a sight to see and if Honey wasn't just claiming this stranger, he was going to make it his business to steal her away from his boy. Jhakim don't know what to do with all that. "Yours! That's Christine's daughter!" Honey said making Jeremiah eyes grow huge. "For real?! Oh shit. What's up blood?" He smiled opening his arms up for Valentine. So she stood back up and gave him a tight hug. "Look at you trying to be all in the family!" Charisma teased as she nudged Jhakim and they all started laughing.

"Drink! Drink! Drink!" Was all Valentine could hear as she tried racing one of Honey friends as they downed their own bottle of Patron. Reaching the bottom, Valentine slammed the bottle down before choking making everyone laugh at her. "I won!" She cheered hopping up and started doing her own little victory dance. Honey handed Valentine the five hundred dollars before counting up the money she had left in her hand. "Whose trying to do the Henny challenge?!" She asked as she raised both bottles in the air. Valentine went to take a seat as she felt herself losing her balance. Drinking that Patron down like that wasn't a smart idea, but at least she had won five hundred dollars for it. "Here you go, I figured you might need this." Jhakim smiled as he held a bottle of water in his hand. "Awe thank you. Come have a seat with me and tell me why you're single?" Valentine spoke as she patted the empty seat next to her. It was no way in hell this beautiful and well mannered guy was single. Jhakim chuckled before pulling up his shirt before taking a seat. "Why am I single? Hmm let me see.... How do I explain this without trying to bash woman?" He hummed making Valentine smirk and look at him side ways before taking a sip out of her water. "Girls in Miami, let me say that. They see or hear that you're paid they feel the need to flock by your side just so they could benefit off your money. And I had to learn that the hard way. So why are you single?" Jhakim asked making Valentine shake her head. "The first boyfriend and best friend I've ever had in my life were sleeping behind my back. So I felt that if you can't trust your best friend or you own boyfriend. Who can you trust?" Valentine asked before taking another two sips out of the water. Jhakim nodded his head before sitting back and stretching out his legs a little. "So it seems like we both had it with the this thing called love huh?" He asked making Valentine nod her head. But before she could say anything else the bus came to another stop and Charisma quickly covered Honey's eyes. "Someone get that please!" She yelled while Honey just stood there smiling. So one of their friends quickly opened up the door and here came two guys carrying this four foot cake onto the bus. "Happy birthday bitch!!" Charisma cheered making Honey squeal and give her a tight hug. "Thanks Bae!! You're the best!!" Honey shouted and went to go swipe some frosting of but a guy hopped out of the cake with a birthday hat on and a horn in his mouth. "Oh shit!" Jhakim said before covering his eyes. "Yesss!! Get that shit Honey!!" Valentine cheered as all the straight guys began to cover their eyes while Honey got grinded on. "Look at you cheering that shit on." Jhakim said making Valentine giggle and snatched his hands down. "You know you want to watch!" She joked making him chuckle and cover his eyes again. "Nah that nigga got some punk panties on!" Jhakim yelled making Valentine laugh uncontrollably as she continued to try and pull at his hands. But he quickly wrapped her up in his arms so she couldn't grab him. "You lucky your big headed ass smells good or I would've put you in a headlock. Didn't I say I don't want to see that shit?" Jhakim asked as he spoke so close to Valentine's neck. She tried ignoring his warm but fresh breath as it tickled her neck. "Yes but he was getting crazy with those gold things on." Valentine smiled leaning up against Jhakim chest. Jhakim inhaled her scent again before looking down at her. Valentine had all types of good vibes and he was feeling that. "Valentine." He called her name making her look up at him. "Yes?" She asked looking all types of innocent. "What you doing Friday night?" He asked making her smile and shake her head. "I'm not doing anything. Why? We have plans?" She asked making him smirk and nod his head. Letting her go, Valentine spun around so she could face him. "And that's?" She asked with a raised brow. Jhakim didn't know what they were going to do, but he knew he wanted to spend some time with her. Minus all this music and people. A place where they could be themselves and slowly but surely get to know each other. "I don't know yet. How about you slide me that number of yours?" Jhakim smirked making Valentine laugh and pull out her phone. "How about you give me yours and see where we could go from there?" She asked hating to give her number out to random boys. Valentine always thought they would never call which would be wasting her time or they'll prank call her like a little ass kid. Which would be wasting her time as well. "That sounds like a plan."

They're not main characters but they'll be in and out of the story. So why not ?

Charisma

Honey

Mel

Leah

j

Jhakim

Jeremiah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 59 26
She just graduated high school and is on her way to Miami to live with the friends she has known since she was 13. She ends up going on tour with...
45.3K 2.4K 34
Newark New, Jersey You can't run their streets without looking both ways. You can't love the hood. The hood will never love you back. The Bronx, New...
916 69 16
I always used to think that love is the only thing that gives you freedom from every thing in the world. But if the love itself takes your freedom th...
187K 2.9K 24
"Hi S-sir what Can i g-get for you today?" She Said in a low voice with her head Down. I stod up and lifted her head up with my finger under her chi...