Bad Boys Don't Cry

By _Faith-o_

"Grayson, what are you doing?" I asked, slowly, walking into his house. He was sitting on a bar stool in the... More

-Bad Boys Don't Cry-
Chapter One: Why Is He Staring At Me?
Chapter Two: I Barely Know You And You're Giving Me A Ride?
Chapter Three: I Trust You, Bailey
Chapter Four: Cootie Friends
Chapter Five: Family Is Important
Chapter Six: Why?
Chapter Seven: The Waiting Game
Chapter Eight: Beach Day?
Chapter Nine: Is This A Joke? 'Cause If It Is, It's Not Funny.
Chapter Ten: Tip Your Waiters and Waitresses
Chapter Eleven: I Have A Thing Of Not Leaving Broken People Behind
Chapter Twelve: Landon Gray Harrison
Chapter Thirteen: Don't Kill Me
Chapter Fourteen: Who's Max?
Chapter Fifteen: You Smell Good
Chapter Sixteen: Why Should I Try With You?
Chapter Seventeen: You're Lying
Chapter Eighteen: My Teddy Bear Is Talking, Bennett!
Chapter Nineteen: Let's Go On An Adventure
Chatper Twenty: Dylan.
Chapter Twenty-One: I'm Just Getting Used To Being Me
Chapter Twenty Two: Malfoy.
Chapter Twenty Three: Welcome To My Safe Place
Chapter Twenty Four: Puberty's A Bitch
Chapter Twenty Five: You Didn't Strike Me As A Singing Type
Chapter Twenty Six: He Wants You Dead
Chapter Twenty Seven: What's With Your Hair?
Chapter Twenty Eight: My Little Bailey Is Growing Up
Chapter Twenty Nine: Dead.
Chapter Thirty: What The Hell Is That, Grayson?
Chapter Thirty One: Baby is Tired
Chapter Thirty Two: Everything's Going to Be A-Okay, Winters
Chapter Thirty Three: Did You Know I Want To Die, My Little Bean?
Chapter Thirty Four: My Brother's Cootie Friend
Chapter Thirty Five: I'm Sorry...
Chapter Thirty Six: One More Week
Chapter Thirty Eight: He Looked Like A Complete Douche With His Lip Ring
Chapter Thirty Nine: Is There Any New Wounds I Should Know About?
Chapter Forty: Parker's Being an Absolute Ass Right Now
Chapter Forty One: Bang.
Chapter Forty Two: That Should've Been Me.
Chapter Forty Three: Why Are You So Stupid?
Chapter Forty Four: Everything Will Be Different
Chapter Forty Five: Lion! Lion is Here! Lion Roar!
Chapter Forty Six: Because I Don't Want To Say Goodbye Yet.
e p i l o g u e
Q & A With Author
An Author's Note Three Years Later...

Chapter Thirty Seven: Yours Truely

15.9K 582 87
By _Faith-o_

Chapter Thirty Seven: Yours Truely

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
As I walked into school, I gained stares from the students that were already there, which was already half of the school. It was late when Carson and I left the house, which had affected my arrival time. As I walked through the halls, the students were quiet as their eyes pierced through me. It was weird having their eyes on me, especially without the boys to shield me from their stares.

The boys.

Even though it hasn't even been a day since I last seen them, I miss them. It isn't fair that you can't see, or talk to them, knowing that if I did I was going to end up potentially hurting them, or the two people I cared about most who Harrison has kept hostage. I knew I had to do something however. I just knew I had to do something.

Continuing my way to my locker, not wanting to look up, I listened to the quiet whispers as I passed by, "Who's the new girl?" I heard a girl ask as I stopped by my locker.

"You idiot. That's Bailey Winters." Another whispered harshly as if she was scolding the other.

"Where's the trio?" I heard another ask.

"She must've driven them away."

"That doesn't even make sense." One of them said, the voice was however not feminine, "I mean, look at her, she's drop dead gorgeous."

I turned their way and raised an eyebrow at them, which cause all except one to turn away with a embarrassed red face. The only guy in the group just continued staring and gave me a wink, which made me flip him off before rolling my eyes at them as took out my math notebook to review for the test next period.

I haven't been able to do my extra studying for a while and I believed it was time to revisit my notebook before the test. As I was reviewing the equations and their formulas, I heard three pair of footsteps coming towards me. I looked up and saw that the three Ninja Turtles walking towards me.

Parker Lynn, Bennett Walters, and Grayson Watts in all of their glory as they strutted through the crowd coming in my direction.

As they walked, I noticed how all three of them gave off a small hint of what has occurred to them over the past month. Parker walked straight with his arm wrapped around his one of his sides, showing only people who knew what had happened recently how he was in pain, however, he covered up his pain with his bright smile and eyes which concealed the ache the bullet wound causes him every time he moves, unlike the others who wore either a bored look, or a fake grin to cover up the torment of their injuries. Both Bennett and Grayson walked with ease, however Grayson had a small limp. The bruises that were on Grayson's face were now fading behind the glasses that he now sport to school. I could only assume that it was my judgement that had influenced his decision.

As I stared at them, Bennett met my gaze which made me quickly look away. I closed my locker immediately, clutching my notebook close to my chest as I continued my way to my first class, "Bailey!" Bennett yelled, quieting the small sound in the hallway. He didn't sound too far away, which made me walk even faster. I could hear the whispers of the students behind me, asking one another what's up with our little friend group. Soon, I started running down the halls to my first class of the day, not wanting them to catch up to me. I didn't want anyone to get hurt because of me. I can't get my friends and family hurt.

*

I spent my nutrition in the library and I plan to spend my lunch over there too. Throughout the day, I heard the rumors that people have made up about as to why I'm not with the boys today. The rumors have gotten so bad that the girls are literally throwing snide remarks at me in the hall about being a slut for Carson, due to how I showed up to school with him this morning, while the guy students just stare in awe as I pass by.

Once fourth period was finished, I rushed out of class not wanting to run into Parker who was in my class. It crushed me to ignore the friends I came familiar to for the past months. I couldn't tell them anything. I tried texting them while I was in the library, however their numbers were wiped off of my phone and I couldn't talk to them face to face. My twitter's password has changed and something has caused it so that I couldn't make another account. I knew Harrison has been strict on his rules especially since today I saw older men who have been staring me down whenever I was near the boys and their lockers when I tried to sneak a note so they knew what was going on. I knew immediately that they were Harrison's men.

As I left the classroom, I heard someone call my name which made me stop and turn around, "Teddy! Wait up." Parker yelled. My eyes widened as I quickly turned around. I ran again, which made my already aching feet ache even more.

Damn these shoes.

"Teddy! Slow down."

I stopped in my place, "Please just. Stop." I said cutting him off as I turned around, "Parker please, just leave me alone." His smile immediately left his face when he saw me. His once happy smile turned into a confused one. His eyes wondered down to my hands.

His eyes widened in shock, "What happened to your hand?" Parker asked, grabbing my bandaged hands, examining them, making wince.

"Nothing." I answered. They were still fresh and were bleeding still this morning. As Parker examined my hand, I noticed how a man was looking at us with a threatening look, which made me withdraw my hand. I knew it was one of Harrison's men.

I had to get out of here, and soon.

Parker gave me a confused look however didn't question my sudden action and continued to smile, "Where have you been?" He asked, "I didn't get that call for help the other day to help you clean the house. What happened?"

"I decided to stay at my friend Mikey's house for the coming weeks." I lied, "I'll clean up the mess up later."

He must've seen through me because Parker's eyebrows scrunched up, "You're lying." He whispered, looking around, "What's happening?"

"Nothing Parker." I insisted, taking a step back, trying to exit the conversation, however just bumped into the wall, trapping myself.

Parker moved closer and his eyes turned dark with anger and filled with confusion, "You're lying to me." He said, his voice raising a little, "What's going on?"

"Nothing. Just leave me alone, okay?" I said, looking under his arm and noticing that there was a small crowd forming around us.

"No, I won't." He insisted, lowly, "Unless you tell me what's happening."

I closed my eyes, "Drop it Parker."

"No I won't 'drop it.' Tell me what's going on." He said. His voice was sounding strained, as if he was holding something back to not make him snap.

"I swear, you never know when to drop the subject. When I say leave it, leave it. God damn it, Lynn." I snapped. He was taken aback by my sudden outburst as he stared at me with wide eyes, "This is probably one of the reasons why your parents weren't careful in that accident. You can't let go." I muttered, making sure I was loud enough for only the two of us to hear. I did not want to look him in the eyes knowing I had hit a huge nerve in him.

I had to do this.

I kept repeating this in my head as I escaped from his arm barrier that was now weak due to my words and as I walked away from him. I felt horrible, but I knew I had to do it. I couldn't get them hurt any longer. I can't live without feeling that weight on my back knowing I am the cause of so many bad things. This'll just add to the pain and guilt I have been given.

And I deserve it all.

I made it to the library and sat down at an empty table. I took out my phone and scrolled through my contacts, finding a new contact name.

Yours Truly.

I guessed it was Carson and pressed it's name, placing it against my ear, listening to the rings. I never knew that I'd be using his number this quickly, however I am not ashamed of it. After about five rings, I heard his familiar voice, "Ms. Winters? Never thought that you'd be calling this soon." Carson's soothing voice

"Can you pick me up early?" I asked, ignoring his comment.

"Ms. Winters I can't-"

"Today's review for midterms. I'll turn in all of my homework early. Can you just... please? Just this once?" I pleaded.

There was a small pause before he sighed, "Fine. You're lucky I'm not doing anything right now. I'll just tell my boss that I'm just doing my job."

A pang of guilt hit my stomach, however I ignored it, "Sorry." I muttered.

"It's no problem, Ms. Winters." He assured me, "This is after all my job."

I smiled a little, "I can never thank you enough Cars."

"I'll see you in a few." And with that he hung up.

I walked out of the library and made my way to my last two classes to turn in my homework. The halls were empty as I walked through them which made me happy. I didn't have to deal with the annoying smirks that the girls gave me, nor the wolf whistles from the guys as I walked by.

I turned in my homework for history with ease, however as I made my way to my English class, my last class of the day, I was greeted by Bennett who was leaning on the wall of my English class. I stopped midway and looked to my right only to see Parker who was placing gum in his mouth as he stared directly in my eyes and last of all, Grayson, who stood behind me, smoking a cigarette. All three of them were now walking towards me.

I froze in my spot for a moment, however, acted like I didn't care soon after, and continued my way to my English class. I quickly moved towards the door and turned it's knob, praying that it was open and it was. I quickly walked in and closed it, earning a questioning look from my teacher.

"Sorry, Ma'am." I muttered.

"Bailey, it's a bit early for you to be in my class." She stated with an amused smile.

"Sorry, I'm here to turn in the essay due today. I'm not going to be here for next period and I just thought that you would like to have my homework before I leave."

"Yes of course." She said, as I handed in my homework. Mrs. Jean was one of the teachers that loved my presence in class. She admired my work in her class, and even told me face to face that she hopes I get far with my writing. I never really considered a job in writing before her class and it amazed me how one teacher can cause a spark in a student, "Is there something wrong, Bailey?" She asked, "You look quite flustered."

"Well yeah. I'm just... not feeling well." I lied.

"Would you like me to walk you to the nurses?" She asked.

"If it's no trouble-"

"It's never a trouble. Come on, Bailey." She gave me a kind smile as she grabbed her keys and walked out of the room. I followed suit, taking a breathe before following close behind her. We were already to the front of the school, where the nurses office was when, she stopped in her tracks which startled me a bit. When I looked up to ask why we had done so, I was even more startled to see Parker and Bennett jogging our way, looking distressed.

"Mrs. Jean?" Parker called out.

"Yes boys?" Mrs. Jean said, raising an eyebrow.

"There's a fight in the cafeteria. They need some help." Bennett said. I could feel Parker's gaze on me which made me feel even more guilty than I was originally.

Some part of me hoped she was going to tell them no, and that I was her priority right now, however I knew better than to believe that, "Okay, I'll be right there." She said, which made my heart sink, "Can one of you boys bring Ms. Winters to the nurses office for me? Thanks." And with that, she left running towards the cafeteria. My skin paled as I watched as her figure disappeared behind the corner.

Parker and Bennett's distressed faces immediately faded into a worried look, "Okay. No more playing around, Bailey. Tell us what's going on." Bennett asked.

He didn't know?

"Can you guys walk me to the front of the school?" I asked, disregarding their question. They were about to say something when they were interrupted by someone calling their name

"Guys?" Grayson said with a questioning tone behind me. He looked at me and then to the guys again and in that moment I knew I was in for something, however I was unsure if it was good, or bad, "Can you guys get my phone in my locker? You know my locker combo right?"

"Grayson-"

"Go." He snapped, which made Parker and Bennett flinch.

Parker and Bennett stared at him for a little bit, then left without another word. I looked at Grayson with fear. I was scared of what he was going to do, "Bailey, where have you been?" He asked, his tone different from before, "Bennett doesn't remember anything from yesterday, but taking you to his house to reunite you with Connor. After that it's just a blur to him. He doesn't even know how he got to Parker's house."

Max, did you really have to hurt Bennett?

"I- Um... Well..." I stammered as I was cut off by an engine starting.

Grayson and I turned to the entrance of the school. Carson pulled up to the school with a black mustang. I gave out a sigh in relief as I saw Carson coming our way, "Winters!" He said, his voice enthusiastic.

"Hi Carson." I said, giving him a soft smile.

"Carson?" I heard Grayson say questioningly.

"I'm going to sign you out, then we'll go somewhere fun." He went to where the offices were to sign me out which made me wonder how'd he know where they were located.

"Carson, huh?" I heard Grayson say, "You know Carson?"

"Yes. Why?"

"That's one of my father's workers." He said, looking at the office door. He paused for a moment then looked at me, "Did my dad kidnap you?"

I stayed quiet, which made Grayson look at me with dark eyes, however he didn't look mad at all, "God damn it." Grayson muttered to himself, "We've got to start the plan sooner." I stared at him with confusion. I knew he was talking about the plan he made during Thanksgiving. I just didn't know that it hadn't already commenced.

He stared at me with unfamiliar emotion before pulling me into a hug. He kissed my forehead as I wrapped my arms around him. I missed his touch, "I love you, okay? Don't you ever think otherwise, no matter what other people might say. Stay put and be careful. I love you."

"Grayson, I-" Before I could finish my sentence, he pressed his lips against mine, however it only lasted a second. With that kiss, he left without another word, but before he could turn the corner, I called out his name, which made him stop in his tracks, "Same for you." He didn't turn back, but I knew he heard. He continued walking after that, disappearing behind the walls of the school.

I sighed, "Damn." I heard Carson say, "Didn't know you were a thing with Mr. Harrison's son."

"Yeah, well... I guess I am."

"You know it's funny how Mr. Harrison thinks." He said, which made me raise an eyebrow at him, "It's clear that Young Watts doesn't want to be a part of the little business he has."

I tilted my head in confusion, "Harrison has anything, but a small business." I said.

From my comment, Carson's whole attitude changed. He shook his head as he chuckled dryly, "Come on. Let's go. My university has a Winter fair and today's the last day." Carson said, changing the subject.

"But isn't Max-"

"Max and I are best friends. There's nothing to worry about. Also, Harrison knows that I'm a trustworthy person." He said, proudly, "Now let's go."

Best friends?...

*•*•*•*
(A/N)
Hey.

Sorry for a late update again. I was supporting one of my friends in a pageant on Friday as well as rehearsal for the my theatre class. Also, I couldn't post on Saturday to make up from me not posting that Friday because I had a theatre competition to attend.

I know I say many things repeatedly, but thank you guys for staying so long and sticking with this book through thick and thin. It feels amazing knowing people still believe in this book after the lack of weekly updates that have been occurring over the passed few months.

Anyways, I'd like to note that in the next few weeks, I don't know if I am going to be updating or not due to the exams that my school is holding in the coming weeks. Also, I really do hope you understand that if I do decide update, it'll be on random days that I'm free from rehearsal/volunteer work/testing that I have to go through in the coming weeks.

With that said, I'd again like to thank all of you for getting this book to over 250k reads. Honestly, I never knew this book would get as far as it has!

I hope you guys liked the chapter and I'll see you guys whenever.

Thank you once again for everything.

Love you guys.

:-) <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 43.7K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
5.8K 348 20
"Hey! She already said she was sorry. What more do you want?!" I screamed loudly in his face. His face turned from angry to shocked. No one had ever...
26.7K 830 52
" hey ". I look up to see a tall guy, around my age. Dark brown hair, brown eyes. Wearing a jean jacket, jeans and a gray top with black running shoe...
3.1M 77.7K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...