Professor Layton: Love In All...

By EffervescentElixir

The sequel and final part of the Love In Memories two-parter. The heroes escape from the thrilling finale in... More

Professor Layton: Love In All Adversities
1. Prologue
2. The Fallen Castle; Memories Of A Time Gone By
3. The Feelings Will Always Be Close
4. Making Connections
5. The Diabolical Plan
6. The Dream Net
7. A New Age
8. Revelations: Time To Fly
9. The Dead World
10. A Warm Reunion
11. The Race For Claire
12. London Streets Remapped
13. The Illusion of Free Will
14. This Is Our Cycle
15. Changing Tides
16. Betrayed Senses
17. Only Perceptions
18. A World In Turmoil
19. I Knew You Would Come
20. Endless Love
21. Deceived Minds
22. Stranded And Trapped
23. Shared Sentiment
24. Everything Is In Order
25. The Seeds Of Corruption
26. Before the Storm
27. Looks Can Be Deceiving
28. Love In All Adversities
29. This Isn't Over
30. Forgive Me
31. Love In Memories
32. Epilogue
A Delicate Lie

Author's Notes

305 12 26
By EffervescentElixir

Wow. What a journey. What started off as an idea in my head, pushed forward by @meganahern became something bigger than I could ever have imagined.

I had the idea to write a Layton fanfic after joining Wattpad, but I had to finish my two other stories, Life Moves On and The Promise Kept. I don't remember exactly when I started work on 'Memories of a Time Gone By', but I know that I had a promising idea in mind.

Little did I expect the reaction it got. People's comments really pushed me on, and as I approached the end, I knew I had to write another book to continue the events. Thus, two parts were born and I couldn't have been happier.

The main story was always there. I planned this all out last year, but as I went on, small things changed (as they inevitably do) and soon the second book had a lot of new directions as I pushed the story to new heights.

Now, at the end, I look back with a mix of sadness and pride.

Pride, because I have finally finished it and sadness because it is over. This journey which doesn't seem long on the big scale, but really was in many ways long.

Maybe one day I shall return to this universe. I did set up a possible future story if you read the epilogue and that is there ready for a potential outing, but nothing is set in stone yet. There are other stories to write which I promised.

So now, I hope people who stuck through to the very end, can read this now and look back. I hope you can look back and see this as a journey worth undertaking.

I shall leave you with a rather important message that Sophia gave Anton in chapter 31:

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 552 20
Set after 'The Lost Future'/'Unwound Future', 'Professor Layton and the Memories Of A Time Gone By' explores the life of Hershel Layton after losing...
3.1K 217 28
A chance encounter on a northbound train leads Professor Layton and his young friend Luke to once again team up with the hapless lawyer Phoenix Wrigh...
518 2 11
•Hello everyone! So, I'm doing a Professor Layton stories for now own. I'm still with the ace attorney story but don't worry I will finish the story...
23.8K 914 48
[COMPLETE] "How can you live your life if you can't create new memories?" "How can I move forward when I'm stuck in the past?" "I know that the s...