mercury

By aejiin

➳ where jimin is faced with duties to lead the largest gang in seoul but a girl enters his life who has the a... More

characters ;
2;
3;
4;
5;
6;
7;
8;
9;
10;
11;
12;
13;
14;
15;
16;
17;
18;
19;
20;

1;

3K 135 30
By aejiin

"I'm just heading to the coffee shop. Gonna catch up on some reading," she said into the phone, pulling the door of the small shop open as she spoke.

"Alright, noona. Just make sure you get home safely." The voice on the other line replied.

"I know, stop acting like I'm a grandma. I'll see you later, bye."

She hung up the phone and placed it in her back pocket, staring up at the menu, trying to decipher what she should order to drink. She had settled on a latte, hoping it would warm her up on this cold fall day. She placed her order and moved on to the 'pick up area. She pulled out the book she had tucked away under her arm, letting her eyes graze over the cover.

It was one of her favorites. She had probably read it one too many times, but could you really read something too many times? She was a hopeless romantic, so her favorite romance book had always fueled a desire to meet her own soulmate. She always looked forward to the day she would feel the sparks. She constantly thought about ways she could meet him. Perhaps in the bookstore, reaching out to pick up the same book and accidentally touching, sparks instantly flying. She hoped he would be kind, smart, loyal, brave, everything possible in a man. She let out a sigh as she knew most of the men in Seoul wore gloves, trying to prevent the meeting of their one and only. She never understood why; she's always craved the thought of having a soulmate.

"One small latte, extra foam."

She snapped out of her thoughts and tucked the book back under her arm. She took her drink, thanking the barista in the process. She moved to an empty table beside the window, carefully placing down the hit drink in her hands. She sat down in the seat, taking her book out from under her arm once again.

She opened up to the page she was currently on, the lines of the book practically ingrained into her mind. She picked up her hot drink, recoiling as soon as she held the cup up to her lips. She placed her cup down and touch her lips, frowning at how the liquid was scorching hot. She tried again, making sure to blow on it softly to try to cool it down.

She was reading her book peacefully when she felt like a pair of eyes were watching her. She subtly turned around and saw no one in the shop was looking her away. She shrugged it off and returned back to her book.

Just as she was about to turn the page, she swore she felt it again, so she turned around, yet there was no one. Frowning, she hesitantly went back to her book. Then it happened again.

She looked behind her for the third time that minute. She could've sworn there was someone watching her, but every time she looked back, she saw no one. She frowned and continued drinking her small latte, enjoying her book. She felt the crawling feeling at her back and she turned around once again.

This time, she saw a man in all black, his face covered by a mask and a cap. She quickly turned back to her book, slightly frightened by the man she had just seen. She quickly sipped up the rest of her latte and prepared to leave. She left a five dollar tip on the table, gathered her belongings, and left the small coffee shop.

She walked down the streets of Seoul, trying to decipher what that man was possibly staring at her for. She heard footsteps behind her and began to grow paranoid. She quickened her pace and walked at a noticeably faster pace. She could hear the footsteps beginning to become hastened as well. She knew for sure now.

She was being followed.

For what reason, she didn't know. But she was positive that the man in the coffee shop was definitely after her. She ran as fast as she possibly could, adrenaline running through her blood as she swiftly moved throughout the street.

She pulled herself into an empty alley, believing she had lost her stalker. She glanced around the corner, seeing no one. She took a deep breath and turned back around, sighing in relief.

But she grew tense when she felt an arm around her waist. Before she could even fight back, a cloth was pressed against her face, causing her world to go black.

She awoke at the sharp turn of a car. She almost screamed, but she couldn't due to the tape around her mouth. Her arms and her legs were also bound together. She couldn't have moved even if she wanted to.

As if sensing her awakening, the stranger looked up through the review mirror, noticing her consciousness.

"Well, looks like the cat finally woke." His deep voice slightly startled her. "You gave me quite a chase, didn't you?"

He still had his black mask over his face. He turned his eyes back to the road.

"Well, whatever you, or your family, did, it sure pissed off the boss. a lot."

She raised an eyebrow. She couldn't recall anything abnormal that had happened to her family in the past few months. Nothing she thought was related to this sudden kidnapping.

"Kang Seulgi, right?"

Her eyes widened at the mention of her name. How did he know so much about her?

"From the look in your eye, I'm assuming I'm correct."

She looked away from the review mirror.

"You're quite pretty, you know."

Her cheeks flushed a light pink at his sudden compliment, looking down at the ground of the car.

"Don't worry; I've got my own girlfriend to worry about. But I'm sure boss will have his ways with you."

She creased her eyebrows at his words. What was that supposed to mean?

"You'll see soon."

She was convinced he could read her mind. It wasn't long before they arrived at some building. It looked like a club, but the lights were off, looking like it was closed.

"Alright, princess. Time to go," the man in black got out of the car, helping her out. She noticed he wasn't wearing any gloves, his hands bare. It didn't matter anyway, when he touched her, no sparks came about. He unbound her legs, allowing her to walk, but he kept a tight hold on her arm.

He led her into the building. She looked around, noticing it was empty. He continued to drag her through, pulling her down some concrete stairs, which led to a big metal door. He knocked twice. The little slot towards the top of the door opened.

"Who?" A feminine voice demanded.

"V. Came with the girl." He replied. The slot closed and she could hear various locks being unlocked.

"Boss is in his office," the girl said. She too had a black mask covering her face, but Seulgi could see how pretty her eyes were.

"Thanks, Bae," the man winked before dragging Seulgi off. She wondered if that was his girlfriend he talked about earlier. Perhaps she was his soulmate? She wondered if people like him even got soulmates.

They walked down a long corridor of doors, passing by other people dressed in black. Seulgi kept her eyes trained on the ground, too intimidated to look up, while V, or whatever the man's name was, greeted them all. Eventually, they arrived in front of a door, two men stationed out front.

"It's V. I've got the girl he wants to see," the man holding her said. The two guards nodded, allowing him to pass through.

He opened the door, allowing both Seulgi and 'V' to be greeted with the sight of a heavy makeout session. The two figures pulled apart instantly when he opened the door.

"What the fuck, Tae?" The other man had grumbled, running his gloved fingers through his jet black hair. The girl, on the other hand, had straightened out her shirt.

"Sorry, boss. I didn't mean to interrupt, but I have the girl."

Seulgi watched as the other male's eyes lit up, an amused grin tugging at his lips.

"We'll continue this later, Mina. I have business to attend to now," he dismissed the girl and she bowed slightly before exiting the room.

"Come, sit. We have much to talk about," he grinned, sending shivers down Seulgi's back.

Tae or V or whatever he was called led her to the seat in front of his desk, pushing down her shoulders slightly so she would sit.

"You can take off the duct tape," he commented. 'V' moved and ripped the duct tape off her mouth, causing her to wince in pain. "And her binds." He listened and got rid of the binds holding her wrists together. He moved back to stand off in the back, leaving the girl vulnerable to the other male. He simply stared at her, making her squirm under his gaze.

He was attractive. That was something she couldn't deny. But the aura that surrounded him made her feel uneasy and paranoid.

"What do you want with me? Why have you brought me here?" She cried out, somehow able to find her voice.

The unknown man moved in front of her, leaning against his desk as he stared at her. Even though he towered over her, she could still see he had more of a smaller build, unlike the man who had brought her here.

"You must be unaware of your brother's activities, I assume," he spoke, his words flowing out smoothly. Seulgi frowned.

"What does Daniel have to do with this? He's a perfect child!"

"That's what you think. Your brother has actually done many things to anger me and my gang." Seulgi's eyes widened. Gang?

"Your brother works for a rival gang of mine and recently, he has done many things that personally pissed me off," he explains, annoyance obvious in his tone.

"A gang? Y-you're lying! Daniel would never be apart of something like that!" She fumed, refusing to believe the lies this man was trying to feed her.

"You're quite naive, aren't you?" The man chuckled, amusedly. He moved toward her, grasping her chin in between his gloved fingers, forcing her to look at him. "You come from a pretty sheltered community though, wouldn't expect anything less."

"I am not naive," she growled, tearing away from his touch. She had heard that term one too many times in her lifetime. She just simply thought she was a nice person, not naive.

"Regardless what you believe yourself, it's a fact that your brother has done multiple deeds that I believe someone should pay for," the man droned on.

"So, you brought me here to pay for my brother's wrong doings?" She snarled.

"No. I brought you here to lure your brother here. He will pay for what he had done."

She instantly grew worried. She cared about her little brother immensely and the thought of him getting hurt pained her too.

"Don't you dare touch him," she hissed.

"Aw, aren't you just the sweetest noona?" The man laughed bitterly. She shot an icy glare at him as he walked back to his desk, settling down in his chair.

"V," he snapped, causing the man in the back to step forward, with a small 'yes, boss'.

"Take her to Jin. He'll know what to do with her."

➳➳➳

hey! welcome to mercury, my bts gang au and i'm so eXCITED BC GANG FICS ARE MY LIFE idk why i think i have a problem

btw if you havent figured it out, this kind of a soulmate au, just with some gang au in it. the soulmate au this story is based off of is that when two soulmates touch, they have sparks basically. so hopefully if you were confused, this cleared things up a bit. btw this was the twist i was talking about ;)

also, this book isn't lowercase and like, wow. it's been so long since i've written with capitals, so welcome to my first book on this account with capitals😀

also, i've been trying to write longer chapters for this book? so usually i write like around 800-1000 words, but for this book, i'm trying to write 2000-3000 words

so, i hope you enjoyed this chapter[and this really long authors note]

have a good day/night💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.9K 2.6K 60
You are the cause of my euphoria.
12.8K 311 29
From strangers, to a group of friends. Join these 12 friends as they constantly chat to find out more about each other, solve unpredictable mysteries...
81.5K 7.2K 37
"bad boys are going crazy because of this app perhaps, do you want to sign up?" seven boys with different problems in life were aggregated to...
81.6K 5.2K 28
↷ ₍ 🌼 ₎ 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘫𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘯┊ 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚓𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚗 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚞𝚕𝚐𝚒'𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚊. ༉‧₊˚✧