No Love For Valentine

By beautybreezy

There's no love for Valentine. For as long as she could remember, Valentine have never felt loved. Growing up... More

Chapter 1 : A fresh new start
Chapter 2 : There's Neighbors ?
Chapter 3 : Whose boy is that ?
Chapter 4 : The Get Back
Chapter 6 : Its Just Business Pt2
Chapter 7 : All in the family
Chapter 8 : Just Friends ?
Chapter 9 : Can't You See ?
Chapter 10 : Back to the money
Chapter 11 : Puppy Love
Chapter 12 : Reunion. No Family.
Chapter 13 : Home Sweet Home
Chapter 14 : She's Back
Chapter 15 : Not Mine
Chapter 16 : Are You The Enemy ?
Chapter 17 : Switching Sides
Chapter 18 : Back To The Old Me
Chapter 19 : Plan A
Chapter 20 : Failed
Chapter 21 : Try Again
Chapter 22 : Game On
Chapter 23 : Caught Up

Chapter 5 : Its just business

318 30 1
By beautybreezy

Its just business....

Parking the car, as Valentine arrived to the mini restaurant Chachi had invited her to. At first she planned to just show up in a sweat suit and her slides calling it a day. But then she remembered what if the talk doesn't go as planned ? So she had to boss up on Chachi just so she could go back to her little friends bragging. Dressed in a black lace up shirt with a pair of low waist jeans on and her royal blue Prestos to match her custom made denim Flintstone 'dab' jean jacket. Her hair was freshly curled as she slicked her baby hairs. Oh yeah, she was coming to slay not play. Not having time to wear any make up, Valentine just coated her lips in some Shine Shot then brushed up against her eye lashes. Walking into the seafood restaurant, Valentine scrunched up her face at the fishy smell that hit her as soon as she stepped inside. "This heffa said brunch not the ocean." Valentine mumbled as she looked around for Chachi. But she was nowhere to be found. "Over here meanie!" Chachi yelled not caring how loud she got. Valentine looked over in her direction before making her way over to Chachi. "Check you the fuck out!" Chachi yelled as she clapped her hands making Valentine laugh and shake her head. "Don't start and besides all of these white people are going to throw us out." Valentine said before taking a seat and Chachi handed her a crab bib. "I ordered us like six snow crabs, the steroid looking ones too." She said making Valentine smile. "Thank you and if I wasn't mistaking, you said brunch. Who eats crabs as brunch?" Valentine asked placing her bag in the extra chair and began to cover her lap in some napkins. "Me, but hush up girl. Its my treat anyways." Chachi teased and Valentine gave her a thumbs up. That's right, you're never supposed to complain about free food. "You're right, but I would've came in my sweats and a big shirt if I knew I was going to get dirty." Valentine said as her phone buzzed from a text by Isaiah. He was just going to have to wait. "Well you look cute to me! I finally didn't have to force you to wear something tight or dressy. You got my ass ready to cry and look at your hair! Bitch you came here shitting on me! But I'm not mad, I respect it!" Chachi yelled as Valentine mentally cringed at how loud she was as if they weren't out in public. Its a time and place to be ratchet, but this place wasn't one of them. Not saying that you needed to act a certain a way around white people, but that's what the restaurant was filled with. "You're a mess, but thank you." Valentine softly laughed and here came the three waitress holding their bags of well seasoned crabs and two Henny coladas. "Owww!" Chachi cheered while they set up the bags for Chachi and Valentine. Putting on their gloves, Chachi and Valentine didn't even care to talk to one another at the moment. All they cared about was getting to that crab meat. "Oh my god!" Valentine moaned at how good the food tasted. "You see? And your spoiled ass wanted brunch!" Chachi said before taking a sip of her Henny coladas. "Yeah I think I was being too stubborn." Valentine giggled making Chachi playfully roll her eyes at her. "Think? No I know and you know what you were doing heffa! But that's fine as long as you made it. I missed you Val." Chachi cooed and Valentine playfully blew a kiss her way.

"Now that's out of the way, let's burry these bridges that were about to be burned." Chachi said while wiping her mouth and hands. Valentine nodded her head being that she already bagged up the rest of the crabs. She couldn't wait to share them with Marcus. "So why did I get the cold shoulder? Like I was trying to talk to you that night, but you blanked everybody out. Like you even blanked Isaiah's fine ass out. Actually, you sent his ass home. I was like is she playing or does she not see what's in front of her." Chachi said making Valentine laugh and shake her head. Valentine didn't give two shits about who she ignored that night. All she cared about was her sore knuckles and scratched up face. If the little scratches didn't go away, Valentine was actually planning to fight with each and everyone of them until she had got arrested. She didn't play when it came to her face. That's what made bitches shook, but her ora is what sent them running. "I felt it was funny how you let Dior sneak me knowing I was already fighting with Lala. I mean I get it those are your friends and you knew them longer than me, but if that was the case you should've had sent them about their way and fought me yourself. That's all." Valentine explained leaving Chachi mouth hung opened. Now she was very sure that Valentine wasn't a punk and didn't play when it came to someone disrespecting her, but damn ! She didn't know that Valentine had it in her like that ! Chachi couldn't believe Valentine actually was willing to fight her if it came down to that. "You're playing right Val? Not my sweet boo getting crazy like that!" Chachi gasped as she placed her hand over her chest. Valentine just shrugged letting her know that she was so serious. Chachi closed her mouth before smiling. "You, Lala and Dior needs to clear this shit up because we need you! Like really need you." Chachi said as she pulled out her phone and started to call up Lala. When Chachi had met Valentine, she was looking for another girl on their team. What team ? Their scamming team. Money was flowing effortlessly. But when their other friend, Cassie backed out on them; money had slowed down. Being that all five girls had a specific role to play, when Cassie left it had them working ten times harder than they were before. Which also made them more hotter to the feds and those are the last people they tried to run into. So they took a two month break heading out into other states to cool down. But now that the coast was clear, they needed to be back in business. Which Chachi had explained that to the girls, but Lala and Dior didn't want to split their money with some random girl. But Chachi figured Valentine would be some vulnerable girl that she could turn out and have her apart of their little scheme. And with Valentine proving Chachi wrong, that she was more aware than anything. Chachi really needed her because now it would be much easier letting her know what's up. "Need me? For what? What's going on?" Valentine frowned. She's always been the one to ride solo so hearing all of this needing, had Valentine to already back out. "Girl, just come on." Chachi said throwing a couple of bills on the table before grabbing her Tory Burch bag and headed towards the exit.

Sitting in Chachi's kitchen with Lala, Dior, Asia and Chachi, Valentine just sat there waiting to hear what was next. "I'm going to need this petty shit going on between you three to stop. Especially when my money is involved." Chachi spoke as she sat in the middle looking like the god father. Valentine wanted to laugh, but right now there was no time for any laughter. "Well I told you I'm not trusting no bitch if I can't trust my own fucking best friend Cha, I told you this." Lala spoke as she rolled her eyes in annoyance. It wasn't anything towards Valentine because she fought plenty of bitches and walked pass them as if they never said one word to each other. But its just she wasn't trying to risk her freedom for some new bitch. Nope. Not happening. "So are you out or what? I told you!" Chachi yelled standing up from her seat pushing the chair back some. "I! Don't! Have! Time ! For ! The! Petty! Shit! Okay?!" Chachi yelled as she clapped her hands with every word. Now Valentine was the one who was caught off guard. She never seen Chachi frown her face up once, until today. Even when Valentine was mentioning how she wanted to fight Chachi, she still didn't frown. But Valentine should know it's a whole different ball game when it comes to money. Especially money that's been taking care of your family for years. Not days, weeks, or months, a whole eight years. "I have a whole fucking daughter to care for! You think I care about some petty ass fight?! I need to get money!" Chachi continued to yell as Lala sat there with a frown on her face. "I mean, so what are we even doing?" Valentine asked growing a slight headache from Chachi yelling so much. Lala sucked her teeth before mumbling something under her breath. "Can't here you ma." Valentine smirked. She loved how easy she could get under Lala's skin. "Come on ya! What the fuck?! Its just business!! Ya bitches don't have to fuck with each other! But when its time to make that money? All of that petty shit is going to have to be on pause. I'm telling ya." Asia snapped. Valentine looked over at her before smiling. Whatever they were doing had to be serious, if it got Asia to get all angry. "I just want to know what are we doing! Everybody yelling and mumbling but don't want to tell me what the fuck I'm about to get into. All I want to know is what's going on!" Valentine snapped making all eyes fall on her. "Its scamming baby, we makes all the shmoney. Okay? A whole lot of it! So are you in or are you out?" Dior asked. She was willing to squash the beef if she was about to lose out on money. This time and this time only she planned to disagree with her cousin. Chachi wasn't the only one taking care of her family with that money. Dior had three younger sisters that she had to look after while both of her parents ran the streets as strung out drug addicts. "How long have you girls been doing this?" Valentine asked making Lala suck her teeth. "Get out Lala, bye! Get the fuck out of my house with the stupid shit! She could ask questions!! My nigga give her a fucking break!" Chachi snapped as she pointed in the direction of the door. "I'm out." Lala hopped out before switching her way towards the exit. "Matter of fact, ya all could leave besides you Valentine. We have some talking to do." Chachi said rubbing her head. Dior and Asia looked over at each other before standing up and heading out as well.  "Now let's talk business."

Tossing her purse onto the bed as she made her way into her room, Valentine was so over today. One she was still stuffed from those snow crabs, her head was now throbbing and Marcus wasn't home. So she was bored and in pain. Stripping out of her clothes, Valentine wrapped her hair up and changed into a cropped tank and a pair of boy shorts. Laying in her bed waiting for the pain pills to kick in, her phone started to ring from a face time call. Checking the caller ID, Valentine rolled her eyes before swiping over answer. It was Isaiah

"Excuse me sir do you have a face time appointment?" Valentine mumbled loud enough for him to hear her.

"Do I need one?" He asked as he sat in a gym. It looked as if he was just playing ball because his shirt was off and he was sweating.

"I don't know, you tell me." Valentine asked a smile grew on Isaiah's face.

"Your mean ass turns me on. Why are you so mean anyways?" He asked making Valentine playfully roll her eyes.

"I am not mean." She said with a small smile on her face. That's all she's been hearing since she moved out here. In New York, they paid her no mind. And just blamed her attitude on being parent less.

"So why did you turn down my movie theater date?" Isaiah asked as he wiped his forehead with his towel.

"Um because you were moving too fast and I didn't like that. Why don't we give it like a week or two?" She asked cuddling up against her pillow.

"Why?" Isaiah asked making Valentine's heart flutter. That's why. She didn't want to fall or seem to easy.

"Cause what if you're a serial killer? Or a rapist?" Valentine frowned making Isaiah suck his teeth and flare his nose.

"And what's a week or two going to stop me from killing or raping you?" He frowned making Valentine laugh at him.

"No. But I'll know more things about you. Like where you stay, your social medias and things like that. And I could give it to my friends if anything." Valentine shrugged making Isaiah chuckle and shake his head.

"Who? Lala and Dior?" Isaiah snickered making Valentine suck her teeth before laughing.

"Now you know those bitches aren't my friends now I should hang up on you." Valentine joked, but she was starting to grow tired.

"See? You're Mean." Isaiah said making Valentine smile and shake her head.

"No, you tried being funny and I needed to correct you. But how was your day?" Valentine asked before yawning. So she stood up and turned the lights out. There was still light outside, but any minute now it would be dark.

"It was aight. Actually its still going on, after this I'm heading out with my moms. How was your day?" Isaiah asked while scratching his sweaty curls.

"Could've been better. I'm just looking forward to tomorrow." Valentine shrugged making Isaiah nod his head.

"And what's happening tomorrow? You coming to see me?" He smirked making Valentine suck her teeth.

"You wish." She said making him laugh at her some more.

"No seriously what's going on tomorrow bae?" He asked and Valentine just ended up dozing off on him. Instead of taking extra strength, Valentine had grabbed Tylenol pm. So now she was out like a light.

Waking up from her phone constantly ringing, Valentine just swiped over answer on her phone and placed it onto her ear. "Yes?" She grumbled.

"Come open the door big head." Marcus said waking Valentine up completely.

"I'm coming." She hummed before ending the call and getting out of her bed. Flicking on all of the lights as she made her way downstairs, Valentine frowned at how sudden she fell asleep. Opening the door up, Valentine gave a small smile. "Hey." Marcus slid his phone into his pocket before pulling her into a hug. "What's up Val?" He smiled. Stepping aside to let him in, Valentine closed the door behind Marcus. "Nothing. Where you coming from?" She asked rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "Practice. Coach found out niggas was drinking so he had our asses doing extra shit. Where did you slide off to today?" He asked as they found themselves on the couch semi cuddling. Though no one said it, by the way their bodies latched onto each other. They had missed each other just that fast. "I met up with Chachi." Was all Valentine said making Marcus nod his head. "I'm guessing that went well, you're not in jail and you don't have any bruises on those pretty little hands of yours." Marcus said grabbing Valentine and hand as if he was examining them. Valentine laughed before snatching her hand away. "Yeah it wasn't bad, but them bitches still can't stand me." Valentine shrugged making Marcus shake his head. "And what did Chachi say about the whole holding back situation?" Marcus asked making Valentine playfully roll her eyes. "She was shocked that I wanted to fight her, but then she switched the subject saying how much her and her friends need me." She shrugged making Marcus laugh and shake his head. "Your ass about to be knocking these girls out for those boujie ass girls." Marcus snickered making Valentine shake her head 'no'. "I only fight for myself like I've always been doing." She shrugged making Marcus chuckle and shake his head. "Your little ass shouldn't be fighting at all. Why can't you just flip your hair like all the pretty girls do?" Marcus asked making Valentine laugh and shrug her shoulders. But she knew exactly why. "Cause nine times out of ten, those pretty girls be scared shitless." Valentine said making Marcus chuckle. "You're like the roughest pretty girl I've ever met." He said calling her pretty for like the third time already. But of course Valentine wasn't thinking of it like that. "Lala is pretty tough and so is Sydney. She was planning to fight my imaginary boyfriend." Valentine said ending with a laugh. It was so cute to her how Sydney was willing to fight a whole guy for her when they barely knew each other names. Now that was loyalty. "Who? Jaxon? You know that nigga still be checking for you right?" Marcus said making Valentine suck her teeth and roll her eyes. "Whatever his big headed ass was the one who yelled world star." She scoffed making Marcus laugh and look her way. "You lying?" And she shook her head 'no'. Yes there was plenty of guys there, but Jaxon's voice was very unique. Like it was deep and high pitched at once. So as soon as he screamed, Valentine knew right off back that it was him. And that's why she flipped him off as well, but he thought that was for someone else. "That's crazy. Do you know I never even made it my business to talk to Chachi again?" Marcus said as he slid his hand over his head. "Awe I ruined your shit? I'll put ya back on." Valentine shrugged making Marcus smile and pulled her into a hug being extra goofy. He needed parts of Chachi though. She is and will always be something hot to him.

"Stop it Marcus! Its Isaiah!" Valentine laughed as she tried reaching for her phone. They were just about to go finish off the crab legs she brought home, but her phone started ringing. "Nope. Go heat up those crab legs." Marcus said holding the phone in the air. Valentine laughed some more before trying to jump and snatch her phone back, but she had no chance. "Okay so can you at least answer?" Valentine asked as she continued to laugh. Marcus smirked before shaking head 'no'. "He'll call back." Valentine smiled before heading into the kitchen. She placed the whole bag inside of the pot while the boiling water heated it up that way. Watching as the bag began to get steamy, Valentine started twisting and turning the bag so everything could get hot. "Yeah she's right here cooking for big daddy." Was all she heard Marcus said before she looked his way and he was holding her phone while holding a smirk on his face. She figured it was a video and she was going to delete it later on. But hearing Isaiah respond, Valentine dropped the bag inside before rushing over to Marcus and her phone. "You play too much!" She laughed snatching her phone out his hand and headed back into the kitchen. The bag was still good, so she just left it to heat up.

"I'm sorry, don't pay Marcus annoying ass no mind." Valentine giggled as she took a seat on the stool.

"Nah its cool. How you fell asleep on me like that though?" Isaiah asked with a small smirk on his face.

"Rushing to get rid of my headache I actually ended up taking a sleeping pill instead. I'm sorry." Valentine said making Isaiah smile and shake his head.

"I told you stop listening that ghost writer ass nigga Drake." He teased making Valentine laugh and playfully roll her eyes at him.

"Don't be mad Weak Mill been taking L's since summer fifteen." Valentine teased stealing one of those tweets from twitter. They were going in on Meek and at first she was staying mutual until he broke off things with Nicki.

"Quit acting like niggas didn't write that shit for Drake!" Isaiah said being a die hard fan of Meek Mill's.

"Yeah whatever. He still won though." She smirked before checking the crabs. "Let me call you back. Okay?" Valentine said before grabbing the bag out of the pot.

"Aight even though I just got on the phone with your pretty ass." Isaiah said making Valentine laugh and wave bye before ending the call. "Come here real quick Marcus!" She yelled placing some newspaper down on top of her island. Valentine wasn't trying to mess up that pretty island for nothing. "Huh?" Marcus asked walking into the kitchen holding his phone up. "The food is done." She said grabbing two cups and carton of Tropicana white peach juice. Marcus started smiling before looking down at his phone. "Let me call you back Cheyenne." He said calling Chachi by her first name. That's something she wanted for him to do anyways. "Okay, goodnight Marcus." She cooed before ending the call. "Who?" Valentine asked making Marcus shrug before chuckling.

Finding themselves back on the couch while they watched Empire, Valentine just sat there in silence. "I'll marry the fuck out of Cookie. Like get down one bended knee and all." Marcus said as he watched Cookie curse Luscious out like she did almost every episode. You'll marry a whole lot of people, Valentine thought to herself with a eye roll. She was in her feelings after hearing that Marcus actually had the audacity to call up Chachi. But who was she to get upset ? Isaiah was texting her every other minute or so. "Who's your favorite character on here?" Marcus asked before stuffing his mouth with the family size bag of blue ranch Doritos. Valentine shrugged before looking into her phone. "Say what?" Marcus furrowed his brows as he sat up and looked over at Valentine. He was good at paying people no mind when they had attitudes, but Valentine was different. Her attitude spoke with volumes. The way she rolled her eyes, shrugged her shoulders and the little smirks that kept on forming on her face. But Marcus was lost though, he thought she was good. "What?" She asked looking at him side ways. Marcus is actually lucky that Valentine didn't want to be alone or she would've sent him home a long time ago. But one, she was full of energy and two he's the one who had woken her up out of her peaceful sleep. "What's all that for?" Marcus asked as Valentine rolled her eyes. "What are you talking about Marcus?" She asked making him chuckle and point at her face. "That! What did I do? I'm getting eyes rolls, mean mugged all type of shit. What's going on? What did I do?" Marcus asked making Valentine roll her eyes again before shrugging and sitting back. Marcus just stared at her before shaking his head and sitting back. And that's why he's single now. Girls attitudes could change less than five seconds you would be blame without even knowing. Ignoring Marcus's side glares, Valentine paused the TV before heading into the kitchen. She needed something to drink before she ended up cursing out Marcus. Digging in the fridge for a bottle of lemonade, Valentine went to stand back up but got blocked off by Marcus. The look on his face was something serious. "What?" She jerked her head back. "You're what. Why am I getting treated like a unwanted guest?" He frowned making Valentine let out a low frustrated sigh. "That's because you are. Would you like to know why you dick rider?!" Valentine spat as Marcus frowned and raised his brow up at Valentine. He knew that her mouth was crazy, but he never thought she would ever use it against him. "Watch your shit and how am I dick rider?" Marcus asked leaning his back up against the island as his hands slid into his sweat pants pockets. "Don't tell me what to do. Don't have parents and you're most definitely not about to play as one." Valentine said with a eye roll. But she continued. "You didn't even let me say that I was cool with Chachi before you called her up and shit. Like damn! You missed her that much? Nobody told you to side with me." Valentine scoffed. Being lost for words, Marcus started laughing before shaking his head and walking away. So Valentine followed after him, but she took a seat on the couch while he grabbed his phone then headed towards the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 166 11
"You will regret" She said, turning to leave. He held her wrist and pulled her towards him. Making her collide with his chest. "If it's you, I am wil...
6.2K 378 48
Have you ever experienced the love that strikes at the most unexpected place, like the arrow of cupid went haywire, or like the love potion you made...
98.1K 2.7K 34
She had sacrifice everything for him but knowing that he is in love with someone else. she become bitch to him and never tried to look at him and alw...
4.9K 59 26
She just graduated high school and is on her way to Miami to live with the friends she has known since she was 13. She ends up going on tour with...