πŸ’‹π““π“²π“»π“½π”‚ 𝓓𝓲π“ͺ𝓷π“ͺ πŸ’‹

By DejaSlaughter

A story of Manipulation, Passion, and More. Starting in the early year of 1987, nineteen year old Diana Jaqu... More

Chapter 2: Setup
Chapter 3: Charlene/"You're Next"
Chapter 4: Hungry Eyes/Hidden Truth
Chapter 5: The show must go on/ Insatiable Desire
Chapter 6: Undercover Lover
Chapter 7: The Married Man and The Tramp Stamp
Chapter 8: Leaving Charlene/"What am I gonna Do with you?"
Chapter 9:"Like Father, Like Daughter"
Chapter 10: The deal
1K!!😍😍😍
Chapter 11: The Deal part 2
Chapter 12: The Way He made her feel/Richard Bonello
Chapter 13: Calico Records/ One on one
Chapter 14: Over and Done/ The Dragon and The Princess
Guys I'm Sorry

Chapter 1: "Every Musicians fan, after the curtain comes down."

987 11 21
By DejaSlaughter

Minneapolis, 1987

Diana's pov

A swole security guard blocks the back entrance "I'm sorry, band members only."

"Oh that's too bad.." I sigh unbuttoning my bustier jacket.

Now before you go assuming I'm some kinda prostitute getting my big break, think again. First off, My name is Diana Jaquilena Rockwell. Gentleman's entertainer,  and professional Heart breaker. I can have any man I want in the palm of my hands. Such as this guard here.

Instantly hypnotized, the guard let's me through. "Good boy." I button my bustier back up and enter the door that led to dressing rooms.

My girlfriends crowded the hallway like stray dogs at a junkyard. "Hey Di." waved Roxanne.

They must be waiting for the "backstage entertainment". Knowing them, the always have a story to tell afterwards.

I wave back continuing down the dim lit hallway.

I've been to First Avenue twice already, but this time seemed special. After moving here at sixteen I became part of the great city of Minneapolis. When I saw Purple rain at fifteen, I was sure that this place would help me reach my goal. If Apollonia could be a star. Why can't I?

A funky beat faintly played down the way. It grew louder and louder the closer I got to the vicinity.

"Everybody's talkin
all this stuff about me
Why don't they just let me live?
I don't need permission
To make my own decisions
That's my prerogative.."

I lean my back against the bar counter, watching the band onstage shuffle, the entertainment was so dry I had to order a drink to quench my thirst.

I switch positions, facing the waiters And waitress. One stood in front of me. I study her name tag through the dull light. 'Jill'.

She noticed me looking at her tag, but assumed I was looking at her cleavage. "Can I help you?" She asked, a strange look upon her face.

She startled me a bit. "White Russian."

Nodding she began making my drink, once finished she slid it against the counter in a small glass. I pay and tip her and took a quick sip.

I cringed at the strong taste of Smirnoff running down my throat.

"You new?"

"Huh?" I say still recovering from my drink.

"Are. You. New. Here?" Jill repeats.

"Not necessarily. Great place though, better than the other ones around here."

"Well, I guess the more you come, the better it gets. Almost like a second home, ya know?" She wipes a spot off the counter.

I nod taking another sip from from my drink. "Like your first drink. Strong at first, but ecstasy after a few more sips." I set my cup down.

Jill gives my a friendly smirk. "Hey, what's your name anyway?"

"Diana. Hey, as a matter of fact you were in purple rain. I didn't know you actually worked here."

"I had to find a way to make more income to reach my dream."

"First Avenue. Where dreams come true."

While making herself another drink she repeats my name to herself. "Well Diana, to dreams." We clink glasses proudly.

We continue watching the entertainment, right as he finished his performance.

"Who's he?" I ask.

"Bobby Brown, he just recently left a group called 'New Addition'. Now he's just doing his own thing I guess. But his ex-group members aren't too happy with him right now. I think what he did was right. If he wanted to to be on his own, then don't rain on his parade. The boy is young and just wants to have fun."

"You're only young once." I say ironically before talking the last sip of my White Russian.

I wait for the next performance, but a glare of light is caught from the corner of my eye, which immediately brings my attention to it.

I spot a man with a small Afro and a baseball cap, a bushy mustache under his nose, in an open blue shirt with a white shirt underneath, and some Ray Bans planted on his face. A diverse group of people, whom I assume came with him, followed behind.

"Jill, Who's that?" I nod my head towards him.

"Hmm...I don't know, this is the first time I've seen him here." She shrugs.

"He must be pretty important, if he got into here." I chuckle under my breath.

"That's not true, sometimes 1st Ave let's people in based on their looks."

I nearly choked on my second drink, laughing.

Jill hands me a napkin to wipe my mouth. "You should go talk to him." She says.

I take a minute to think about it.

What could he possibly have, that I'd want?

Taking her advice, I make my way through a crowded table area reaching an empty table next to his and sat watching the next performance.

I can feel his eyes already fixed on me, through his glasses.

I gently turn my head to his direction and flash a flirty smile and a quick wink, then bring my attention back to the show.

"Come here often?"

That was fast..

"Only when I feel. You?" I make full contact.

"No. Not really...What's your name?"

"Diana. And yours?"

"Samuelle."

I smile "Well Samuelle, what brings you to First Avenue?"

"I was kinda forced by my friends. I'm not much of a club person, honestly. But I guess they wanted me to take a break from working." He sighs.

"Oooh, poor thing." I pout, caressing his cheek to his chin. "Dime Mas."

"Well I work full time at a department store and-"

Department store? Uh-uh, this ain't gonna work..

I gently place my finger over his soft lips. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to end this conversation right here."

I remove my finger and walk off, placing myself at a different table, far from his.

Writer

A man in a blindly-
-bright yellow and leopard print suit approaches a table of ladies. "You know, if I could arrange the alphabet, I'd put 'U' and 'I' togetha." He flirted with a cocky expression.

The ladies just laughed, got up and walked off.

"Whatever, Whatever. You probably got something wrong with the meow meat anyway." He turns around and jolts, "Jerome? Are you seein' what I'm seein' right now?".

"What?"

"Tenderoni, twelve o'clock." He points.

Jerome searches until his eyes meet a head of curly, voluminous hair on a woman with a caramel complexion. A woman, by the way, that wasn't paying him the slightest bit of mind.

They look at each other. "Bwah-haw-haw-haw!" Then the players make their approach for Diana.

"Was that body made at McDonald's? Cause baby, I'm lovin' it."

Diana, not amused one bit, refocused her attention on the entertainment. She knows it's Morris day but lacks interest.

Jerome whispers to Morris, to discuss ways to attract her.

"Enjoyin' the entertainment, I see." He began.

Diana ignores him.

"Come on, baby. This is Morris Day, you saw Purple rain, right?"

With a dry expression she looks at him with no interest. "Yeah, so?"

His smolder fades to disgust. "Look, we're trying to find talented people in Minneapolis, who want to be a star, Okay?"

"Alright, I think you might've found some who needs your assistance."

"Who?" He plays along.

"You're looking at her.".....

Later...

Diana's pov

In order for me to reach my apartment, I have to make my way through an alley full of gangs and prostitutes. I'd drive, but I don't have a car. The way I get around is through my friends. Everything I want or need is right around the corner, so there's no need for a car.

"Hey, baby you wearin' those tights for me?!" One of the guys shouted.

I ignore their  cat calls and whistles and continue walking.

"Hey, baby where you goin'?" said a man who invades my space. He smelled of whiskey, cigarettes, and must. It was disgusting!

"Get outta my face!" I shove him, and he grabs me by the wrist, and his grip was firm. I fought back, best I could.

Faster than I could blink, this guy was on the ground. A man in a blue shirt stood over him. "Get outta here!" The crook scurried off.

The man in blue turns to me and I immediately recognized him. 

"Are you alright?" He asked.

It's that 'samuelle' guy, from the club...

I roll my eyes and began to walk off.

He caught up, taking off his sunglasses "You know, a simple 'Thank you' would be nice." .

I stop. "Thanks." And proceed walking.

"You're welcome..." he replied with no emotion.

In the midst of walking, I noticed he was following me. This agitated me deeply. "What do you think you're doing?" I ask.

"I'm walking you home. A beautiful girl like you shouldn't  be out here, alone, with these dogs' mouths watering for you."

I stop again.

"I can fend for myself."

"Well, by the looks of what happened there, you clearly can't. Why won't you just let me help you?" He growled.

"I don't want some hermits help, maybe that's why."

Completely torn by my comment he says.

"You're gonna need me one day watch, you'll regret it."....

This is my first time writing and posting. I've actually written this story a million times over and over, trying to perfect it.
~ 💋Dirty Diana💋~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 40 10
the imagination... of you and michael jackson.
7.9K 474 17
π™™π™–π™£π™œπ™šπ™§π™€π™ͺ𝙨 π™šπ™§π™– β€’ πŸπŸ—πŸ—πŸ - πŸπŸ—πŸ—πŸ‘ βπ˜πŽπ” 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 ππŽπ‘π πˆππ“πŽ π’π“π€π‘πƒπŽπŒ, π˜πŽπ” π‚π€πππŽπ“ 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄. ❞ +~+~+ ...
183K 7.6K 57
Semaj is 17 with big dreams and goals but meeting 21 year old drug dealin', shit talkin', trouble makin', Michael Jackson was not planned. Her life t...
93.7K 3.3K 35
❝if music be the food of love, play on.❞ [thriller era - death]