Chapter 3: Charlene/"You're Next"

Author

Two minutes after his performance...

Diana puckered her lips, regret and fury growing every second within her. She'd began to pour herself multiple drinks, gulping them down like a fish in water.

Morris scoffs, "Jerome, my cup seems to be a bit empty. You think you can do something about that?"

A subtle roll of his eyes and Jerome tends to Morris' need.

"Whatzamatta baby?" Morris brings his attention to the scowling Diana.

Sigh. "Oh, nothing. Just...thinking...."
She lies.

Jerome returns with a bottle of pomerol, pouring Morris a glass, since she finished the last bottle..

Morris then snatches the bottle from Jerome's grasp, shoo-ing him away with his hand.

"The good stuff?" He questions to Ms Rockwell.

She smiles snatching the bottle from him, and drinking every last drop.

His eyes widened and his lip curved to the side in shock, satisfaction and slight disgust.

She removes her crimson lips from the edge of the bottle, using her hypnotic gaze to weaken him.

"Your place?"

With quick speed Morris throws down a tip if $10, leaving his seat faster than the speed of light.

She grabs the edge of his tie, walking him behind her like he's a dog on a leash. She then passes the presence of a familiar.

Her light, brown-chartreuse eyes peek through her feather - like eyelashes over her left shoulder, leaving a single wink.

Michael

I felt my body shudder in my seat.
Was that for me? Or some innocent bystander awaiting his pending death? It has to be for me, she looked directly at me. Speaking with those menacingly cold orbs, she calls eyes. It was almost like she was threatening me. As if she was saying "You're Next.". Lord, I hope I'm wrong...

"Michael?.." Jill snaps her fingers in my face, breaking me from my horrible trans.

I look at her, my confusion and concern written all over my face. "Pardon?".

"You need some water?".

"Yes with ice, please." I remove strands of lose hair from my face, resting my cheek in my palm, my elbow firmly yet lazy placed against the bar counter.

"So, Michael..." Charlene began, removing her glasses.

"Yes?"

She fidgeted a bit with her cup coaster, not making eye contact, like a nervous school girl. "Are you...f-free, Friday night? Cause I was wondering if you'd like to see a movie with me?.."

I sat up and smiles brightly, my cheeks glowing with blush. "I would love to."...

Friday, 11:02 at night....

"Cry little sista!"

"Thou shall not fall!"

Charlene and I are leaving the theater, leftover popcorn in hand, and great movie on our minds. I had to put my disguise back on in order to watch, but it was worth it. People are giving us strange looks, I don't care. This has been the best night of my life so far.

"Heads up!" Charlene warns, tossing popcorn at my head. I laugh hysterically as I missed every toss. "C'mon Jackson!" She teased.